[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this image make you feel, anon? Please be as detailed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
How does this image make you feel, anon?

Please be as detailed as possible.
>>
>>27053580
it makes me suspect that it's a movie reference that I don't get
>>
It makes me wonder how I would feel if someone called my aircraft a plane.
>>
>>27053580
It makes me feel like a big guy
>>
>>27053664
For whom though?
>>
File: 1406423294506.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1406423294506.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>27053580
Uh, you don't get to post threads
>>
I was boorn in the dark
>>
File: 1443783844643.png (125 KB, 480x305) Image search: [Google]
1443783844643.png
125 KB, 480x305
>>27053580
It doesn't matter how we feel...
>>
>>27053580
Strong.
I find myself lapsing into this pose in the mirror in the morning.
>>
>>27053580
The sinking feeling that I contributed to meme magic leading to the death of over 200 people
>>
>>27053647
What?
How?
This is an important meme
>>
>>27053580
Calm down, Op... Now's not the time for baneposting. That comes later.
You shitpost like a younger man, with nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken.For you see, baiting and deception are powerful agents to the newfag virgins... but we are initiated, aren't we Op? Members of the Parliament!
>>
File: 1457213517965.jpg (25 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1457213517965.jpg
25 KB, 800x480
It makes me wonder why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

It also makes me question how in charge I really am. I've worn many a metaphorical mask throughout my life to reveal the true intentions of those withholding information from me, though many claim to have said nothing. Though it's strange...no one cared who I was till I put on the "mask".

Only one man has questioned why I wear my mask. He was curious as to vital repercussions of removing it. I replied with much sincerity that it would be extremely painful... He sought to offer comfort in reassuring me I was a big guy.

Before I replied to this, I contemplated his words momentarily. As a man who has spent a majority of my life in the darkness...born in it...molded by it, maybe getting caught was part of my plan. Maybe I needed this man to question me, to show me the light. Maybe it was time to feel in charge, to be the big guy this man knew I could be.

And with that thought, I affixed my gaze to his, and with all the confidence I could muster, I uttered, " For you."
>>
>>27053580

I want to crash that plane
WITH NO SURVIVORS BLOX BLOX
>>
File: big guy.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
big guy.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>27053580
There are so many subtle references and allegories to Nietzschean philosophy in this short scene. Hotheads will never understand.

When Agent Wilson calls Bane a "big guy" he's clearly referencing him as the Ubermensch, while himself indulges in slave morality represented by the authoritarian institution that is Central Intelligence Agency. Note how Wilson never references himself as his real name. There is no individuality in him, only CIA. The essence of slave morality is utility: the good is what is most useful for the whole community, not the strong. But he does not see beyond initial good and evil.

Also prior to the scene, Wilson shoots out of the plane, without actually killing anyone. He does so out of misguided anger, furious that neither faith in god (note how he shoots at the sky) nor the scientific knowledge has not given him the rest or respite he desires. At the same time CIA shooting the sky symbolizes the death of God as source of morality for people, leading to the unhooding of Bane, the Ubermensch.

When Bane crashes the plane with no survivors, he's crashing the entire worldview based on slave morality. He's crashing old thoughts and institutions such as religions (Christianity for example). He's crashing secular humanism. He's crashing herd mentality. He's crashing even himself, as he overcomes his former self to become the over-man. In this crash, a fire rises in the wreckage - the triumph of "life" over "logic" Just as the Master Plan will always triumph over the Flight Plan.

Then, in the end Bane reminds Dr. Pavel that "Now is not the time for fear, that comes later!" The world is necessarily moved in a cycle, endlessly repeating all past events due to finite amount of matter and infinite amount of time. In this eternal recurrence, the plane crash will repeat - again and again.

But if life triumphs over logic, the only meaning is life then is the will to power, that means the big guy will always be in charge here.

Bravo Nolan.
>>
>>27055649
This is fucking brilliant.

I've never seen such a poignant analysis of this scene. I think it really focuses on man's existential woes in the modern world; inadequacy(not being big enough), isolation(why would I want friends?), and uncertainty (why do I wear the mask? who am I?)

I think the plane was representative of society as a whole. CIA was our wavering certainty about the world around us, being hyper confident to feign some sense of control. Bane was an amalgamation of our looming doubts and fears overtaking us as our perception of the world changed entirely.

We can never quite grasp our place in this world and it could all come crashing down in a moment's notice.
>>
>>27053647
FORRRRR YOUUUUUU big guy for you
>>
>>27054395
>tfw you're haunted by their deaths because you find that whole scenario so outrageous and hilarious
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.