[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /no friends/ here? I don't even want a gf. I just want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1452051707142.jpg (44 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
1452051707142.jpg
44 KB, 251x231
Who /no friends/ here?

I don't even want a gf. I just want a few friends I stuff in common with that I can hang out with and do things with on the weekend.
>>
File: FyOFI.png (332 KB, 647x480) Image search: [Google]
FyOFI.png
332 KB, 647x480
If you wanted friends you'd have them by now. I say the same shit but at the end of the day I'd be too lazy to do anything with them. I can't have more than 2 friends. It's too much to commit
>>
>>27053135
Put less emphasis on having friends and put more emphasis on doing things and enjoying the experience. Friends are just other people who share experiences.
>>
>>27053168
>If you wanted friends you'd have them by now.
What makes you say that?

>>27053220
I do plenty of things. I really have more interests and hobbies than I have time for. I just don't know many people who share my interests.
>>
>>27053135
Go to a local comic shop or something and try to start up conversations there. You might meet other people socially starved enough to enjoy your attention.
>>
>>27053135
You don't want friends, you want idealized versions of what a friend could be.
>>
>>27053250
So every single one of these hobbies and interests requires you to be completely alone? If not, you're either being too aggressive or you're doing something else wrong.
>>
>>27053362
I actually do go to my LCS weekly. I talk to the guy who works there as he grabs my pull and rings me up, but that's about it. The only other people who are ever in my shop are MtG and tabletop gaming guys who I have nothing in common with. It seems like the other comics guys just grab their books and go.

>>27053375
Maybe, but fuck do I feel lonely.
>>
>>27053250
You'd go out of your way to not be lonely. what isnt there to get? youre just lazy and don't wanna commit to actually trying to make friends.
inb4 boring etc
>>
>>27053419
I draw, study languages, and I'm into comics and animation. I'm getting back into video games.
>>
>>27053135
22 male. Fell into the /fit/ meme for a year because fuck I'm lonely. But no friends and no lovers.
>>
>>27053457
If you study languages try talking to the people that speak it. Like if you study japanese or something go to a japanese restaurant or go to a japanese event in town.
>>
>>27053457
There are plenty of people - men and women - who study and enjoy those subjects. If you're into languages - how do you not have people you can practice with? If you're into comics and animation, there are tons of people into those things. Vidya is incredibly popular.

There's something else you're not saying or you're trying too hard.
>>
I'm /stuck in the acquaintance zone/. This is due to me being a sperglord, being shy and socially anxious, and a fear of making commitment.
>>
>>27053135
This site meets my friendship needs.
>>
>>27053135
Who Victoria University of Wellington here?
>>
>>27053510
>>27053489
I listen to audio lessons and do lessons online. I suppose I could practice my Spanish with my latino coworkers, but it'll be awkward.

I talk comics for a bit with the guy at my LCS like I said here >>27053426 and I know at least one other guy at my work who watches anime, but I don't even know how to go about becoming friends with them.

>>27053524
I guess this fits me pretty well. I can speak to people and get along fine, but no one ever wants to do anything with me outside of the specific situation they know me from.
>>
File: 1452985595592.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1452985595592.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>>27053135
>tfw too afraid of looking stupid to start conversations with friends or suggest we do anything together so you just go months at a time without any contact with them
inb4 ree
>>
>>27053510
>There's something else you're not saying or you're trying too hard.
Not OP, but it's because I'm scared of talking to people. I fucking hate it though. I shouldn't be scared, it makes no sense. It's just words.
>>
>>27053599
Then what you're lacking is the ability to translate what you enjoy doing by yourself to what you'd enjoy doing with other people.

>inb4 buttsex

Is there a Spanish festival or cultural event coming up? Have you heard anyone talk about one? Tell someone you're interested in it and you'd like to go. Don't assert it's because you're a fucking genius or you'll appreciate it more than they will. Just go and if anyone else wants to go, that's your chance to make a friend. No expectations.

If not that, then some other event. Ask other people what they're interested in. Getting people to talk about themselves is the easiest way for them to become comfortable with you. You show interest in them by asking them about something in common or asking them to explain what they are interested in to you. If what they describe sounds interesting, you say you're interested and perhaps they invite you to that thing.

>RobotEscape101
>>
>>27053614
You have social anxiety. It's actually common. It's the same thing as "normies" who can't speak in public. You just have an extreme form.
>>
>>27053738
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the normie though. I can make small talk, when pressed just can't make any deeper connections beyond that or get a conversation going.
I've read about people who have it real bad. They vomit or black out.
Thanks for responding.
>>
>>27053703
I'll try finding things, but it's a matter of find things and then going to them alone. I'll go, I won't let myself make excuses, but it will be awkward as fuck. Hopefully, there would be other people there alone.

In the meantime I'll try talking more with the people I work with.

Thanks anon.
>>
People like you (and me desu) like the idea of having friends, rather than actually wanting to go through the logistics of committing to an actual friendship.

Combine the above with low self-esteem and an inability to properly deal with personality differences (because no friend is going to fit your perfect image of a friendship) and you have a recipe for some very unpleasant feels. I kind of envy the people who claim not to be bothered by having no friends, though I find that hard to believe unless they have a rather severe personality disorder.
>>
>>27053797
It isn't "normal" to shy away from human interaction. That's why there's an actual mental illness which describes what you're going through. Go to your doctor and tell them this. There are treatments. Not everything is pills. Some of it is just talk therapy. It might help. If you don't put yourself out there, you never get better. It's scary and terrifying. But you'll feel better when you reach the other side.
>>
>>27053437
I don't think it's like that especially when you spend long amounts of time without people and the people who do that usually weren't very social to begin with for one reason or another
>>
File: Nietzsche1882.jpg (329 KB, 1274x1700) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche1882.jpg
329 KB, 1274x1700
>>27053135
"Solitude is a virtue for us, since it is a sublime inclination and impulse to cleanliness which shows that contact between people, 'society', inevitably makes things unclean. Somewhere, sometime, every community makes people -- 'base.'" -- Friedrich Nietzsche
>>
>>27053876
Well robot, godspeed. Just remember to be open to what other people think without being taken advantage of. If everyone wants to go, they'll all pay their own way. If they ditch you, they're were just being dicks.

Find a group of people who want to do the same things you do. Then keep doing those things with those people. Those people are your friends.
>>
>>27053135
You're fucking pathetic, what are you a teenage girl? sad because you want a boy to go to the mall with you? :(
>>
File: feeeeel.png (58 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
feeeeel.png
58 KB, 900x900
>tfw have a friend
>tfw it doesn't sate the desire for a gf

tfw no gf is all encompassing, all consuming. It can not be ablated, it can not be fed. It will follow you until death.
>>
>>27053599
>I guess this fits me pretty well. I can speak to people and get along fine, but no one ever wants to do anything with me outside of the specific situation they know me from.

Dear God, that's me to a t. I get along great with most of my coworkers. Joke around with a couple of them, etc. No one makes an effort to set time to chill out side of work tho. If sucks
>>
>>27054063
Wanting companionship is weak
>>
I prefer online friendships over real life friendships.
But I don't have any online friends either.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.