[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two groups of kids refuse to join in school prayer during lunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 21
File: ZfDoaL6.png (814 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
ZfDoaL6.png
814 KB, 960x720
Two groups of kids refuse to join in school prayer during lunch at Hollister Missouri High School

Notice something atheist cucks?

HAHA EVERYBODY DID TOO

Checkmate
>>
>>27053123
I noticed you cant count.
>>
prayer doesnt drive in the nail. the hammer does
>>
>>27053123
Christ, kids are so fat these days
>>
>>27053123
Slightly overweight or glasses?

I'm a Christian but I'm not sure what you're trying to say
>>
File: 234242.png (39 KB, 802x556) Image search: [Google]
234242.png
39 KB, 802x556
I would never stand to participate in a ceremony with a bunch of Christcucks who support 3rd world Mudslimes flooding into Western countries and raping women and children just because "it's what Jesus would have done".

Egalitarian Christcucks will hang with the rest of the degenerates on the Day of the Rope.
>>
>>27053123
I bet they got such a fucking dopamine rush from feeling all righteous and noble for not praying too.
>>
>>27053175
I know. They're all fat. What the fuck?
>>
>>27053204
Christcuks are hilarious.
>>
>>27053153
seems more like you cant count
OP said 2 GROUPS
i see 3 people in the bottom right still at the table and 3 in the far corner of the other table

i dont see anything different, since theres fat athiests and fat religious people.
>>
everyone standing up looks overweight too
>>
>>27053203
Where did you get any of that out of this picture?
>>
It's a known fact that there aren't any thin people left in the South or Mid-West.
>>
>>27053123
>food looks unhealthy
>poor hygiene, bags which have been on the ground are placed on the tables, which means shit from the bottom of shoes gets onto bags and get onto the eating areas
>lots of fat looking kids
>no school uniform
>bags everywhere, clearly a trip-hazard
>no proper seating, no back support on chairs
>school moral so low that many standing kids refusing to hold hands

Is this what passes for a school in your shithole of a country?
>>
>>27053123
What are we supposed to be noticing? A bunch of christfags?
>>
>>27053257

Modern Catholicism heavily preaches cancerous, suicidal egalitarian ideology.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3224097/Pope-calls-European-parish-host-one-migrant-family-each.html

http://pamelageller.com/2015/09/pope-says-quran-is-a-book-of-peace-and-islam-is-not-a-violent-religion.html/
>>
>>27053272
>>school moral so low that many standing kids refusing to hold hands
da fuck?
>>
>>27053123
>The kids sitting down are fat, with the exception of Elliot Rodger's ghost
>Most of the kids standing up are fat
>This is America

I don't see anything unusual here
>>
File: 1456164125709.jpg (102 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1456164125709.jpg
102 KB, 960x960
>>27053230
I'm an atheist, but these kids are just plain cringey, like you aren't making a huge statement by not praying. It's not like it's harming you in anyway.

God forbid they engage in a contemplative and respectful act for once in their life.
>>
>>27053342
Fuck off nigga. Separation of church and state. I'm not praying.

And fuck off your god shit hicks. In the cosmopolitan world we look down at Churchies as simpletons.
>>
>>27053123
I see about 5 people in that pic who aren't complete fucking hamplanets. Is this what normal for highschool these days? Fucking drop math and give these fat fucks 4 hours of gym a day.
>>
File: 1424406904233.gif (2 MB, 335x258) Image search: [Google]
1424406904233.gif
2 MB, 335x258
>implying there aren't even more fatties standing around like a couple of cucks for gods BBC

Try again christfag ;)
>>
>>27053342
>I'm an atheist, but these kids are just plain cringey, like you aren't making a huge statement by not praying. It's not like it's harming you in anyway.
just your self respect. if this is in america its illegal
>>
Even if I was Christian I wouldn't stand and pray. I'm pretty sure less than a third of the kids in my grade ever even heard me speak, basically, if I didn't have a good reason to say or do something, I didn't.
>>
>>27053406
>in b4 typo
You get my point.
>>
>>27053425
Exactly. Fuck off with your cult.
>>
Looks like fucking Missouri.
>>
>>27053406
Some companies that make fast food get all the contracts to provide school food. So naturally they sell crap to students.

But more importantly, the students parents are all fat fucking lazy stupid hams that eat shit and feed their kids shit.
>>
>>27053446
>But more importantly, the students parents are all fat fucking lazy stupid hams that eat shit and feed their kids shit.
ding ding ding

This is the correct answer. And there are so many fat fucks now it's become normalized. It's a national disgrace tbqh.
>>
>>27053342
So? You think I'm gonna join the normies? I doubt they'd want me to pray, I wasn't invited.
>>
>>27053374
>In the cosmopolitan world we look down at Churchies as simpletons.
In the cosmopolitan world you're all ignorant degenerates who get their worldview from biased left wing SWPL publications.
>>27053425
>just your self respect
Yea, because it isn't like the rest of the kids are praying or anything.
>if this is in america its illegal
It's illegal to make it mandatory, hence why the kids are opting out of it. Just saying in this scenario they're being snowflakes.
>>
>>27053469
>It's a national disgrace tbqh.
Agreed. An entire generation of lazy fucking potbellys.
>>
>>27053490
It's illegal for the school to endorse it. If it's a group of students who voluntarily and without suggestion from the faculty, it's legal
>>
>>27053490
>In the cosmopolitan world you're all ignorant degenerates who get their worldview from biased left wing SWPL publications
Yeah fuck off with your hillbilly Jesus cult. Don't give half a fuck about any of your nonsense.
>>
>>27053342
Why would I want to associate myself with people who are notoriously against abortion, gay rights, and common sense?
>>
>>27053490
>Just saying in this scenario they're being snowflakes.
Why because they don't want to pray? Since when was that a requirement at school? Fuck off. Do you do everything other people want you to do? You sound like a spineless bitch.
>>
>>27053490
>it's legal but you're still a fag for doing it no matter the reason and you shouldn't be not doing it

nobody gives a shit, this is illegal to be doing in schools in GENERAL, you aren't allowed to do this horseshit anywhere federally or state ran, doesn't matter if it's optional or not, it is attack on constitutional rights as a whole, no matter what type of fat athiest faggot is upholding it
>>
>>27053490
>t's illegal to make it mandatory, hence why the kids are opting out of it.
this is done in a way to completely ostracize the people opting out. would you bow and pray to Mohammad everyday? denouncing your personal beliefs.
>>
>>27053342
Why should they be pressured to get up and do something they don't have any fucking desire to? Plus High schools only have like a 30 minute lunch and the prayer bullshit takes up a good chunk of that
>>
>>27053123
>literally every kid in the photo is out of shape
>picnic benches instead of chairs
>trays from 1960s with compartments
>everyone shops for clothes from walmart or some thrift store
>we're somehow supposed to feel bad for them when they get poor education despite all studies across the world concluding that education is only effective when a student is motivated, regardless of the resources available to him

it does make you wonder if you can open up businesses in places like this though when the chinese start standing up for themselves.if nothing else we could always starve these people to death or emigration and start over on good land.
>>
>>27053123

So what would you do in this situation if you weren't religious? play along despite your own opinions?

what makes a person a faggot robot is not that they refuse to do what everybody else does.
>>
>>27053374
Wow so enlightened. Of course the media doesn't lie to you, everyone has your best interests at heart of course of course

>>27053425
You're free to not pray, which is why they're not praying

>>27053473
I'm 99 percent sure that everybody was invited to pray
>>
File: P024.png (303 KB, 480x641) Image search: [Google]
P024.png
303 KB, 480x641
>>27053203
>>Egalitarian Christcucks will hang with the rest of the degenerates on the Day of the Rope.
>a "Christian"
>advocating for all out genocide
I get the feeling that you're some edgy stormnigger identifying as Christian so you can fit in with your /pol/ friends
>>
>>27053490
No, plenty of people don't join the other students in group activities because their just not social. Unlike you most people don't have to make a defiant statement every time they aren't invited to join the cool kids. Would be saying they're being "snowflakes" if they weren't participating in an autistic rap battle some faggots decided to start?
>>
>>27053617
>the media
Nigga this is your own made up argument. I don't need the media to tell me the Bible is full of shit. You sound like a true fucking inbred.
>>
>>27053175
>>27053208
It's Missouri, that's why
They're one of the most obese stats in the US
>>
what the fuck kind of people are that
>>
>>27053663
States*
>>
Let's be real, public prayer is for nogs and hicks.
>>
I'm an atheist who went to a Catholic high school and then a Catholic private university. If they ever did publicly pray I would make a point of not doing it because fuck you for making a private act public. I'm fairly certain the Bible commands you in Matthew 6:6 not to pray in the public square but instead to pray alone in your room because praying in public is externalizing your faith onto others.

You can tell these idiots are Baptists. Fucking cunts deserve to be hung
>>
>>27053713
>I'm an atheist
Stopped reading
>>
>>27053677
the kind of people that make kids who take selfies on instagram into millionaires. if that photo disgusts you then avoid 90% of the united states.
>>
>>27053663
Have they turned eating into a sport? Those kids don't even look old enough to be that fat.
>>
File: 157-236.gif (690 KB, 218x198) Image search: [Google]
157-236.gif
690 KB, 218x198
>>27053123
Christ what the fuck is going on in missouri

the terrifying reality that america is 50% liberal nigger/spic stomping grounds and the other 50% is fat, bible slinging white rednecks is quickly starting to seep in, there really is no escape on this god forsaken earth
>>
Matthew 6:5-6 - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward

Matthew 6:6 - But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
>>
>>27053621
fuck off fag, not even that anon but you're the same angry nigger who who got triggered by crusaderposting.
>>
>>27053745
>if that photo disgusts you then avoid 90% of the united states.
NYC here. I do exactly that.
>>
>>27053748
yeah apparently Jesus hasn't gotten around to CICO yet.
>>
File: 1455859061796.gif (963 KB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
1455859061796.gif
963 KB, 245x175
>>27053123
Would Christians join in a Muslim prayer?
>>
I went to a catholic school and I just stayed sat down and didn't say anything when they did their prayer shit every day. At least a few in every class did this for all 4 years, none of us were fat either. In religion class we learned about every faith which was actually quite interesting so that was fine too.
>>
>>27053740
Typical religious person "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU I DON'T LIKE FACTS ALALALAL"
>>
>>27053713
>I'm fairly certain the Bible commands you in Matthew 6:6 not to pray in the public square but instead to pray alone in your room
actually that's about how it is wrong to act "holier than thou" because you're supposed to be doing God's work for God, not for the recognition of being righteous

but yeah I have no problem if a person wants to pray before they eat in public or whatever but doing it like this is really obnoxious and weird desu
>>
Birds of a feather flock together. Atheists are immature
>>
>>27053954
nigga fuck off with your churchie bullshit.
>>
>>27053123
What the fuck America almost every kid in that picture is obese, im in grade 12 in Australia and theres maybe a dozen fatties at my school
>>
>>27053954
>flock
>>
>>27053425
>if this is in america its illegal

Uh, no it's not. Schools just aren't allowed to mandate prayer. Teachers and students can still voluntarily organize prayers on their own time, they just can't force anyone to participate. And it's not like Bibles or other religious texts are banned from the premises either.

Stop listening to conservacuck talk radio. Most everything they say is just sensationalized bullshit.
>>
>>27054002
you can literally get POUNDS of shit junkfood here for under 10 dollars, for fucks sake you can order the whole mcdonalds menu for 80 bucks
>>
File: selfie1.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
selfie1.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
Can't keep my hands to myself
>>
>>27054056
fuck off with the fat girls. shits nasty.
>>
>>27053123
I'm a Christian and I refuse to participate in the prayer things solely based on Mathew 6:5
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full."

But, lump me with the atheists, I suppose.
>>
>>27054056
more plee plee
>>
>>27053642
Wow great argument

I bet you believe the Jews are good boys who dindu nuffin and that homosexuality isn't degeneracy either

I would have an actual conversation with you but you called me an inbred because that obviously legitimalizes your argument lol

>muh subconscious is impenetrable to brainwashing

Stay cucked and believe what you want to believe reddit
>>
>>27054116
This is the only true answer for a christian. Praying is done in private or in church, because it's an intimate thing with God.
>>
>>27053525
>It's illegal for the school to endorse it. If it's a group of students who voluntarily and without suggestion from the faculty, it's legal
As you hopefully realized while typing that out, this is a notoriously tricky issue. On one hand, it would violate religious freedom to forbid students from praying while at school, or likewise, a school has to let students wear religious articles (cross necklaces, Sikh knives). On the other, as you sort of noted, if it appears that faculty are endorsing a particular religion or religious practice, then that's illegal. Where that line is drawn is always a matter of interpretation, because there are things like soft power and implication that judges do actually care about, and it's really up to a court to decide what does and does not constitute a violation. As far as Missouri loving company, the first requirement is that someone sue the school, while most people would just as soon let these things slide.
>>
Matthew 6:1-34 - Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
>>
>>27054056
THICC

THICCCCCCCC
>>
>>27053123
They're fat ugly nerdos?
>>
>>27054144
Thank you. And right afterwards in Matthew we are instructed to actually go into a private room and pray. It gets me flustered when people get all excited and want to pray out in public or share photos of people praying together became its so blatantly spelled out in Matthew.

>>27054185
Glad you also read for yourself.
>>
File: tumblr_ngwbphNyIk1s8eum2o3_400.gif (1 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngwbphNyIk1s8eum2o3_400.gif
1 MB, 360x360
Not a single black person
>>
>>27054144
>>27054116

Good point. There's still no reason to be ashamed though in my opinion. If the opportunity presents itself and you can gather with fellow believers I don't see the problem. But if you run around causing a scene and screaming out to Jesus I think that's when it's a problem
>>
>>27053123
How come American highschoolers are this fat? Here we still despise fat people, as it should be, and these kids would be mocked to a healthy weight quickly.
>>
>>27054184
>On the other, as you sort of noted, if it appears that faculty are endorsing a particular religion or religious practice, then that's illegal

The line between endorsing a view and exercising a view shouldn't be that difficult to understand. If you go around disseminating religious material to people completely unsolicited, that's endorsing your viewpoint. Merely joining students in a prayer is not. Even some of the teachers at the high school I attended participated in prayer meetings.
>>
>>27054141
Yes nigga I've been brainwashed by the media to believe a that a man dying and being resurrected is impossible. Makes perfect sense.

Are you stupid or just wantonly ignorant?

Again, fuck off with your Jesus cult/mafia.
>>
>>27054284
You can't be much more in your face than this. This is straight Pharisee style hypocrisy. "Lets get in a circle around everyone and pray together and make some people feel uncomfortable so they can see ME and how good of a Christian I am for praying. In public none the less!"
>>
>>27054287
Because no one with money or brains lives in the Midwest or sends their kids to public school.
>>
>>27054349
>You can't be much more in your face than this.
This is in a nutshell what religion actually is....an exercise in numbers and power.
>>
>Refuse
Why should they participate if they aren't Christian? I'll never understand this mindset. You can't 'refuse to participate' out of something you never signed up for.
>>
File: 1457188661261.jpg (117 KB, 2140x1605) Image search: [Google]
1457188661261.jpg
117 KB, 2140x1605
>>27054377
dude cash in
>>
>>27054377
These hillbillies should give the prayer a rest and give jogging a try.
>>
Well if I were eating lunch, I wouldn't have joined in either. I also would have just sat there and kept on eating. I don't like to be disturbed and get up and move around and grab hands with other people while I'm eating. Who the hell enjoys that anyway?
>>
File: sanic.jpg (125 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
125 KB, 660x660
>>27054410
What do you mean?

What should I do?
>>
I live in Springfield, MO, which is about 45 mins away.

I can confirm that the small towns in SW Missouri are generally backwards, obese, and the ones that aren't obese are probably on meth.
>>
>>27054445
sue,sue,sue,sue,sue,suesueSUESUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

verb (used with object), sued, suing.
to institute a process in law against; bring a civil action against:
>>
>>27054394
I don't want to have a fruitless discussion about theism versus atheism. I'm just saying this "in your face" pray goes against, without a doubt, what is written literally in the book of Matthew. Literally written not to do this. No conjecture, no abstraction, no "confining to history, but a literal "don't do this."
>>
I think I'd be pretty uncomfortable if dozens of people spontaneously encircled me and started chanting some nonsense. My first assumption would be that the school was about to become the target of an air raid. My second assumption would be that they're all messed up on drugs. Either way, I'm getting the fuck out of there.
>>
>>27053272

missouri is one of the poorest parts of america. its interesting that you notice this because these kids ARE visibly poor, its a bummer
>>
>>27054445
ACLU of Missouri
Executive Director: Jeffrey A. Mittman
454 Whittier Street
St. Louis, MO 63108
United States
(314) 652-3111
>>
File: freedom and liberty.jpg (145 KB, 460x422) Image search: [Google]
freedom and liberty.jpg
145 KB, 460x422
>>27053123
>American wants to start religious/atheist thread
>everyone is too busy making fun of fat Americans

fugg :DDD
>>
>>27054535
It's rural Missouri, they probably were on drugs.
>>
File: jesus.png (364 KB, 1437x791) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
364 KB, 1437x791
>>27054471
Fair Grove, MO here
>>
>>27054501
Do you think these kind of people really care? The religion part is just pretense and arbitrary. What they're up to is forming a little mafia and making a power move.

Like every religion.
>>
>>27053123
>>27053187

There are fat kids with glasses in prayer group too.

All I notice is it's majority vs a minority and the Christfags probably complain that they're a victimized minority and people want to take their prayers out of school.
>>
>>27054584
Which is why I, as a Christian, don't condone this. It's, as you say, a power play. It's a prideful, hypocritical display.
>>
>>27054501
If you don't believe in the bible and God, then why do you care what it's says? And why are you reading the bible if you don't believe?
>>
>>27054669
But I do, see: >>27054658
>>
>>27054349
I see your point. I don't think you're in the wrong if you choose not to for that reason. I've never been in that situation so I don't know what I would do honestly. But I also don't judge the people who decide to proclaim their faith if it's genuine and out of love for God

I totally understand what you're saying though and the disproportionate amount of people who decided to pray kind of makes it a spectacle that rubs in the face of nonbelievers, which isn't really right imo
>>
File: tumblr_nvdzv83liC1u82dojo2_500.jpg (81 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvdzv83liC1u82dojo2_500.jpg
81 KB, 422x750
No black people in there
>>
>>27054734
I didn't say it, though. Jesus said it in Matthew 6:5. Their is no agreeing to disagree or "we're both right" it's either don't act like a hypocrite and make prayer a spectacle or don't even do what Jesus says.
>>
>>27054569
I don't think I've ever stopped there desu.
It's pretty small, right?
>>
>>27054669
>If you don't believe in the bible and God, then why do you care what it's says? And why are you reading the bible if you don't believe?

Pretty sure most atheists weren't simply born into atheist households. They probably read the Bible sometime before renouncing their faith.
>>
>>27054734
>But I also don't judge the people who decide to proclaim their faith if it's genuine and out of love for God
If they love God, maybe they should work on the gluttony and stop being fatasses, before circling the infidels.
>>
>>27054824
Judge not lest he be judged
>>
>>27054823
My parents told me religion was nonsense from the jump. Never read the Bible. Don't care. Not interested. Would tell these christfags to fuck off to their face.
>>
What would happen if a nice British guy like me turned up at some southern US school?
>>
>>27054818
population around 2000
>>
>>27054879
You'd have all the gals wanting to lap at your groin simply because of your accent. All of which probably have done a prayer circle.
>>
>>27054858
>My parents told me religion was nonsense from the jump.

My parents made church attendance compulsory, both on Wednesdays and Sundays. They were strict disciplinarians as well. Although I was never comfortable with the beliefs they brought me up with, I nonetheless had no choice but to go along with them until I was old enough to leave the house and do my own thing. My father actually excommunicated me after I expressed a lack of further interest in participating in Christianity.
>>
>>27053153
Learn to read, athiest cuck
>>
>>27054808
I guess we have to disagree then. I would NEVER think of starting something like this, but if someone asks if I want to pray in the name of Jesus I would never deny him either

You're kind of doing what you claim to disagree with, putting yourself on a pedestal and denouncing us lowly sinners
>>
>>27054918
This gets my pee pee all excited.
>>
>>27054953
hope you like hillbillies Nigel.
>>
File: 14575834176471.png (829 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
14575834176471.png
829 KB, 960x720
>>27053123
Spot the fatties.
>>
>>27053123

why is everyone so fat?
>>
>>27054943
No, I am quoting scripture to teach. That's what we Christians are supposed to do for each other; use scripture to teach each other. I've given you the scripture and it's up to you to accept or deny it.
>>
>>27054943
Because that's what you deserve
>>
>>27054972
Would all the dads come and chase me out of the town in their pickup trucks?
>>
>>27054986
MURICA :DDDD
>>
>>27054943
You're the most judgmental person here
>>
File: dsc_5800-600x400_c.jpg (168 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
dsc_5800-600x400_c.jpg
168 KB, 600x400
>>27053123
So many fat people at this school. Even the dancers are thick and that land whale in the back.
>>
>>27055053
Middle and right are amazing
>>
Who cares about the prayer, but HOLY FUCK THOSE TUBBIES.

I hope they're praying about loosing weight. Get your shit together America.
>>
>>27054990
That's true, and like I've said I've never acted like this or been put in this situation so I don't know what I would do

>>27054996
Okay

>>27055022
I don't think I am honestly. I was a fucked up sinner in the past and I know we alk make mistakes and have our own paths to take in life. Sorry I come off like that in the things I type
>>
>tfw you never went to an american high school
>>
>>27055137
>I was a fucked up sinner in the past

Pretty sure you're still a sinner. We all are, Christian or not. Christianity makes it clear that humans are hopelessly compelled to sin due to their very nature (Original Sin)

Accepting Jesus doesn't change this, it's just a pardon so that you can get into heaven anyway.
>>
>>27055022
No you are the most judgmental person here. You can't call someone judgmental without being judgmental.
>>
>>27055137
You shouldn't have to wonder about what you would do in that situation. You should know, from Matthew 5:6, if you're in public, you should wait until you're by your lonesome as to not be seen as a hypocrite and prideful.

As an aside I was actually invited to a prayer around the flagpole back in Highschool and I went back before I really started reading and I felt very wrong. I felt like this wasn't the way to do this. Then I read Matthew and understood why. Ever since then I often suggest people read Matthew 5:6 and it actually gets some other Christians upset.
>>
>>27053123

Also OP admitted he is underaged with this post. Where else did he get this picture from? The fucker took it.
>>
>>27055201
I know I'm still a sinner, we all are. But I'm nowhere near as bad as I was back then. Still pretty bad compared to a lot of people I'm sure though, even non-Christians
>>
>>27055243
Aha, and he is sitting down it appears, so he opted out.
>>
>>27055201
Correct. I am a sinner as well.

>>27055215
No you. You can't judge someone for judging without being judgemental!
>>
>>27055268

Yup. Proves how much the "fedora" type memes are just atheists trying to troll other atheists, which I will never understand but whatever. OP is obviously a fucking teenager, so I guess it makes sense to them.
>>
>>27055238
Okay, you've actually convinced me. Each post you made made me less sure of praying in front of people. I don't even feel confident telling rhe gospel to most people in public though, which isn't good either, but that's different than getting in a circle and making a giant spectacle of yourself. It just makes people resent you really
>>
>>27053272
>>food looks unhealthy
>>poor hygiene, bags which have been on the ground are placed on the tables, which means shit from the bottom of shoes gets onto bags and get onto the eating areas
>>lots of fat looking kids
>>no school uniform
>>bags everywhere, clearly a trip-hazard
>>no proper seating, no back support on chairs
>>school moral so low that many standing kids refusing to hold hands

The only thing wrong here is the fat kids
>>
I did something similar in HS. walked into class and everyone was praying. Sat down and was just wondering wtf was going on. Preppy bitch got in my face for not praying with everyone

>didn't even know why they were praying
>didn't even know the kid that killed himself
>>
>>27055238
>You shouldn't have to wonder about what you would do in that situation. You should know, from Matthew 5:6, if you're in public, you should wait until you're by your lonesome as to not be seen as a hypocrite and prideful.

There's really no such thing as being a "good" Christian. You're either *a* Christian or you're not. Christians cannot, through their own works, lead perfect lives. There's zero point in trying to abstain from sin, because it's in everybody's nature (Original Sin) to commit sin. Being a Christian doesn't free you from this nature. Not on any level.

The reason Jesus came into the picture was because mankind couldn't possibly redeem himself due to Original Sin. Jesus had to pay the penance for all of mankind's sins. In doing that, he created a kind of salvation by proxy. So when a person becomes a Christian, they receive salvation. They'll continue to sin because it's in their nature to do so, but Jesus has already paid the penance for their sins on their behalf.

tl,dr - This entire debate is pointless. Christians are going to sin and be hypocrites, and there's really no way they can try to create a better example. We are *all* hopeless sinners, Christian or not. Christians are exactly on the same level as you are, except they get into heaven merely because they accept Jesus.
>>
>>27055327
Evangelism is just fine. Actually encouraged, if I recall correctly. I'm merely asking people to be wary of that verse so that they do not pray simply to show others that they are praying
>>
>>27055371
Simply accepting Jesus doesn't mean we can sin freely. I will sin, yes, but it is not okay to chose to sin and we must actively try not to sin. You make it sound as if simply accepting Jesus means I may continue to sin actively and freely.
>>
File: 1457495173271.png (345 KB, 620x770) Image search: [Google]
1457495173271.png
345 KB, 620x770
>>27054806
i want to suck that
>>
>>27055373
Naw I gotcha, I was just saying that to show you that I'm really not as confident about praying in public as my posts made it seem. We're also told not to push too hard when we evangelize. If we get rejected we should metaphorically shake the dust off of our sandals in front of them

Dick move I know lol
>>
>>27053342
This, do you really think all of those people standing up and praying genuinely 100% believe in God?
I don't know how religious that part of the world is but I'm willing to bet that there are at least some students in that picture who just don't really mind participating in ceremonies like this even if they aren't believers.

I'm not saying it's necessarily bad for students to refuse to take part if it's not what they believe in.
I can respect that decision, but there are definitely going to be more cringeworthy, Reddit-tier "Christianity is the devil" atheists those who don't participate than among those who do.
>>
>>27055420
>Simply accepting Jesus doesn't mean we can sin freely

It means exactly this. The very fact that you would even want to sin in the first place is a result of Original Sin, and there's nothing you can do to resist it.

Life on earth isn't meant to be enjoyed. It's a pointless, nonstop shitfest because mankind has been hopelessly doomed from the beginning. This is the gist of Christianity. Earth is a kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland until our souls are eventually liberated through death.
>>
>>27055465
I take it you're a Unitarian?
Accepting Christ doesn't give me the right to kill a man or take up a false idol. I understand it's literally impossible to live a perfect and sinless life but are we not supposed to do our best not to sin? How do you suppose that could be?
>>
>>27053740
Clearly, that's been your solution to everything.
>>
>>27055536
>epting Christ doesn't give me the right to kill a man or take up a false idol.

It's not about your "right" to do it - it's in your nature to sin, and if you ever actually feel compelled to murder someone, it's because Original Sin led you to do so.

>are we not supposed to do our best not to sin?

You can't. You don't seem to understand the gravity of Original Sin. The moment Adam and Eve sinned against God, that was it. Humanity was doomed from that point on. Our nature was drastically changed, and all humans born from that point on were cursed with Original Sin, which compelled them to live in utter and hopeless depravity.

Because of this, it was impossible for humans to maintain a relationship with God, or earn their salvation through their own works. Once again, this was the entire point of Jesus' crucifixion, to pay a penance for mankind's sins on their behalf. This means ALL sins, no matter the severity or psychology of willfulness of it.

So no, we're not here to repent over and over again for our sins. There's no need for it. If we were able to overcome our sinful nature, then there would have been no need for Jesus in the picture to begin with.
>>
>>27055630
This is the exact opposite of what Christians say when admonishing people and the exact opposite of what is taught in most churches
>>
>>27055630
Then I may as well be a blasphemous, pride filled, sex fiend. I understand the theological implications of Original Sin but I don't understand how you can use that as a basis to allow us to to act as depraved as we wish. Are you advocating a universal reconciliation?
>>
I should move to the south, no one would care that I'm fat as fuck and I could eat all I want and find a fat qt
>>
>>27053342
Im christian and i wouldnt pray in highschool, let alone some cringey group prayer bullshit. Trying too hard. god hates that.
>>
Is it a sin if I place a warm empty coffee mug between my legs to warm my balls up? I'm just trying to use every last drop of thermal energy in this shitty winter weather.
>>
>>27055713
>Then I may as well be a blasphemous, pride filled, sex fiend.

It doesn't matter which sins you indulge, you already are indulging in sin, and you'll continue to do so until you're dead. You seem to think that sin involves some level of conscious choice, but it doesn't. You also seem to think that some sins are worse than others. They're not. You are a sinner. You are never, ever going to stop being a sinner. It doesn't matter how little or how much you sin. End of story.

It's like these people who run ex-gay camps. They believe the only way to obtain salvation is by abstaining from sin. Totally off base. It's now generally believed that gay people are actually born gay due to hormonal conditions during gestation. The Bible nonetheless regards homosexuality as a sin. Why do you think God would allow people to be born into these circumstances, and then tell them that they can't obtain salvation without miserably repressing themselves? That's not how it works.

Again, we come back to Original Sin. It doesn't matter if homosexuality is a sin, because some people are going to be thrust into that lifestyle due to Original Sin, and they have absolutely now way to overcome it. It doesn't matter, because that sin is already absolved by Jesus' crucifixion. What's the point in telling them to cut it out? Why are Christians wasting their time scrambling to "protect the sanctity of marriage"? Honestly, God doesn't give a shit. The earth is doomed. There's nothing to preserve here. We're only expected to accept Jesus and await death. That is all.

>Are you advocating a universal reconciliation?

No. The Bible makes it very clear that you have to believe in God to begin with.
>>
>>27055943
Okay, now I understand what you're saying in the abstract but, again, I can't accept a conscious and overt sin as simply "okay" after having accepted Christ.

And then take Luke 13:47-48. If sins are not roughly order then why will some of receive many blows and others a few?
And then in James chapter 2 somewhere James condemns faith without works as being empty. We must have faith but we must work too.
>>
>>27053123
praying when you do not believe is just evil.
>>
>>27055943
Specifically 2:18-22
>>
>>27056071
>I can't accept a conscious and overt sin as simply "okay"

I didn't say it was okay, I'm saying it doesn't matter. Your sins, no matter the degree or severity, are completely absolved as long as you truly believe in the existence of Jesus. And that's all there is to it. I'm not telling you to accept sinful behaviors and go out and be a sinner, I'm saying that should you ever commit something as drastic as murder, it's because Original Sin led you to do it. That is your nature and always will be. No matter how "good" of a Christian you think you are, you can and will succumb to sin until you're dead.

You seem to think you have to repent in order to earn salvation, but that's wholly inconsistent with the whole crucifixion part. So when it comes to other people engaged in behaviors you don't agree with - or that may be inconsistent with Biblical teachings - there's no point in calling them out on it. There's no point in shit like "protecting the sanctity of marriage." That's not something we have any power over whatsoever.

To be a Christian is simply to have a genuine belief in Jesus. Nothing more. You don't have to go to church, you don't have to sit around all day pondering how you can repress your sinful nature and be a "better" person. You will never, ever be a better person. You are cursed by Original Sin until the day you die. You are a soul housed in a totally depraved and hopeless body that's awaiting the release of death.
>>
>>27053374
>Separation of church and state
how does it feel to be 14 years old and not know anything about anything?
>>
>>27053770
That was me you pseudo-christian little shit. I dislike anime btw.
>>
>>27056177
But we are told outright to repent of our sins. Jesus says as much in Matthew: http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/repentance-bible-verses/

And if sins are all equal what is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit unforgivable a la Mark 3:28-29?
>>
>>27056377
the lord holds a party, and when you hear about who it is, you tell your friends, "fuck that guy," and stay home.
>>
>>27056377
Dude

Constantine murdered is his other son and wife and still got sainthood
>>
>>27053621

Please tell me where I indicated that I was a Christian, you dumbass virgin.
>>
>>27053123
the only Stacy is with the tallest guy in the room

end my pain
>>
>>27053123
And the group prayer was likely for something completely asinine like winning the next foot ball game or some shit. I would pray with them if it was to end world hunger but praying for a sporting event is just pissing away god's time. Its basically the equivalent of praying for one's ejaculate to fly far and true like a glob of glue.
>>
>>27053123
>oh no, someone isn't participating in the hivemind everyone!
>let's shame them!
>>
>>27053203
Lol everyone talking shit. This is exactly what's happening. It's pure madness.
>>
File: 1443398624070.gif (968 KB, 400x199) Image search: [Google]
1443398624070.gif
968 KB, 400x199
Everybody should bond over black cock
>>
>>27053342
I don't care about your cause and I'm trying to eat lunch, fuck off
>>
File: 1448354702956.jpg (37 KB, 496x818) Image search: [Google]
1448354702956.jpg
37 KB, 496x818
Americucks praying om public with the explicit purpose of show how Christian they are

Mathew 61
Beware ofpracticing your righteousness before other people in ordersto be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.
>>
>school prayer
thats not illegal?
>>
>>27053123
Kek, most of the christians are fat too.
>>
I just wish Christians acted like Christians. Then they'd be cool. Most of them use it as an excuse to act shitty, or just ignore it entirely.

At least Mormons do it right. If the apocalypse ever goes down, we'll have the Mormons to thank for carrying on civilization.
>>
>>27057546
Lol. Okay

Have fun explaining to God why you thought it was okay to think you could become a God

>muh earthly behavior
>>
>>27057625

I'm not a Mormon, I'm an outsider commenting on how they act. I have had several Mormons bend over backwards to help me, make me feel comfortable, etc. They've never proselytized or commented when we've been in situations where I was doing something they don't (like drinking a beer at a restaurant with them).

I find their religion as strange as many do, but I'd be a real neckbeard to say that my experiences don't suggest they have the whole care-for-your-fellow-man thing down pat, in a way most Christians definitely don't.
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.