[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life Has No Meaning Powerpoint for School
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: Slideshow 1.png (73 KB, 866x489) Image search: [Google]
Slideshow 1.png
73 KB, 866x489
Alright Robots, the last Trimester of my senior year in high school has begun, and I've been assigned to create a few powerpoint slides describing my personal philosophy.

I have a feeling that the class and the teacher won't take it well, and I might be punished, but I figured you could all maybe empathize with these feels.
>>
File: Slideshow2.png (262 KB, 861x485) Image search: [Google]
Slideshow2.png
262 KB, 861x485
>>27050416
This is the second slide
>>
File: Slideshow3.png (220 KB, 864x487) Image search: [Google]
Slideshow3.png
220 KB, 864x487
>>27050439
And this is the third slide
>>
That's edgy as fuck famalam
>>
>>27050416
Nihilism isn't anything new buddy. Dive into some absurdism and go bonkers
>>
>>27050416
If life doesn't matter according to budha, why does he get butt hurt when you kill insects and people?
>>
>>27050416
Remember homie, show don't tell. Put most of these bullet points on index cards and make your slides more interesting to look at
>>
>>27050481
There are multiple buddhas, it isn't just one guy
>>
>>27050416
I know you are socially retarded and autistic like 90% of everyone else here, but I highly advise against this

everyone is going to think you're weird as fuck
>>
Share the entire slide deck senpai.
>>
>>27050488
This
Less is more when it comes to words, but don't rely on images alone. Use simple but on point language

>>27050416
>Trimester
abort it
>>
>>27050450

They will laugh at you don't do it anon.

Also not enough sources. Where's your bibliography slide?
>>
>>27050503
can you answer my question or are you going to point out irrelevant shit that doesn't matter. Stupid motherfucker.
>>
File: 1456804644106.jpg (45 KB, 679x679) Image search: [Google]
1456804644106.jpg
45 KB, 679x679
>>27050450
> I can vote for Donald Trump because it doesn't matter anyway
>>
>>27050503
OP here.
I knew that this quote is from Gautama, but my class is too dense to get that.
>>
Great presentation, OP. This is a great summary of what /r9k/ posters should abide by, rather than facing to the despair of the stereotypical nihilist.

>>27050524
Clearly you have not been paying attention to OP's mindset. He doesn't care.
>>
>>27050488
This anon.

Wayyyy tooo much text.
Otherwise high school / 10
>>
>>27050533
Hey you seem pretty upset over a korean fishing forum, maybe you should reflect on what you're really angry at.

also
>checked
>>
I agree with everyone else, don't put more than 10 words on a slide, no one is gonna read it or care.

Try putting something on the slides that will garner your audiences attention so they can actually pay attention to what you are saying, otherwise, all they are gonna get out of this is you don't value life or some shit, and it will perpetuate your reputation as a robot.
>>
>>27050958
>it will perpetuate your reputation as a robot.
He. Doesn't. Care. You fuckwit.
>>
>>27050439
>My failures are as insignificant as I never expect a good outcome
You're missing a few words in that sentence to make it logical. Or you just need to delete the first as.
>>
>>27050439

It hasn't been proven that the universe is truly random. You shouldn't make such bold claims without evidence.
Then again, you're just a kid in high school so the expectations are low to begin with.
>>
>>27051040
Nothing in science has been definitely proven. We understand it to be true in the present, but we know in the foreseeable future our understanding could change.

tl;dr nothing is proven definitively, just well supported theories
>>
>>27050450
Maybe change the pictures and your good
>>
>>27050439
"My failures are now as insignifigant as I am"
Fixed famalam
>>
Is this all there is, anon? I wanna post this on normie book.
>>
>>27051004
No shit cockboy, I'm trying to say that his audience won't get his message and just see him as that.

>>27050416
By the way OP, true nihilists wouldn't call themselves nihilists, "Yesterday man, I was a nihilist and now today
I'm too fucking bored"
>>
>>27051076
Now you're just being a sophist.
You knew exactly what I meant.
>>
>Trimester
You're not from Idaho, are you?

Parker, if this is you I'm coming back to Pocatello to cut you.
>>
You will regret it. This is the most cringeworthy fucking attentionwhore shit. No one cares about your "depression" or nihilism. I'm sure most of them already went through this bullshit when they were 14-15
>>
>>27051252
>attentionwhore
The assignment is to explain your life philosophy. He's not doing it for fun. He's doing it so he doesn't fail.
>>
>>27051112
I don't consider myself a nihilist, but I've seen that picture on here a few times and I thought it was both funny and relevant.
>>
>>27050416
No that's fucking stupid.

Just do a presentation titled "Gas the kikes, race war now."

Fill it with /pol/ style spot-the-jew infographics and explain how kikes run the world.

Might as well go out with a bang, eh goyim?
>>
>>27051284
If you do something other than the teacher's chosen philosophy you will fail. I have been in philosophy classes.
>>
>>27050533
I can answer your question. In Buddhism all is one, killing something means your killing parts of your self and will not reach the end of existence. Buddhism is also not nihilism, it's an actual religion from thousands of years earlier.
>>
tinyurl / gonnaneedsome
>>
>>27051359
this desu, even university-level philosophy classes are "how to agree with a professor 101"

had more interesting ethical debates with my fucking bartender than any philosophy prof
>>
>>27051359
This is a high school assignment. You've obviously never taken a DECENT philosophy class. If you outline your arguments and they are well supported (you aren't stretching) then the teacher will say job well done.

I've been in philosophy classes too. Teachers don't grade according to their philosophy. They grade how well you understand the principles of a philosophy and use it to structure a moral argument.
>>
>>27051352
fucking lol'd.
original comment muted for these nuts
>>
>>27050416
What about your epistemological philosophy? Ontological? Aesthetic?
What kind of question is "what is your philosophy?" nigga which one we're talking about an assload of shit here. What class is this and what are the criteria for the project?
>>
>>27050416
What do you think of Camus?
>>
>>27051513
His books are frustrating unless you are an absurdist.
>>
>>27051462
>Teachers don't grade according to their philosophy. They grade how well you understand the principles of a philosophy and use it to structure a moral argument.

Yeah sorry, even in University that is just not the case.
>>
>>27050416
great job op this should be the sountrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
>>
What do you think of solipsism OP?
>>
>>27051513
I have read The Myth of Sisyphus and I found it pretty interesting.
>>27051621
I remember when I was a little kid I used to wonder if I was the only thing that truly existed. I was a weird kid. There was a line to that effect in the book Grendel. Hit me right in the feels.

>>27051490
This is actually for a theology class because I go to a catholic school. The primary assignment is a bunch of shit about the apostle's creed and the last bit is supposed to be a "personal creed" tacked on at the end that explains how you live your life.
>>
>>27050450
>>27050439
>>27050416
Another tard who completely misunderstands Nihilism. The belief that life has no meaning is a perspective so that you can ascribe your own meaning to it. It doesn't mean you literally don't give a shit and 'hurr I can do whatever I want and I dont care!'
>>
>>27051757
Oh fuck you go to a Catholic school?
Is it as awful as I've heard? My cousin went to a preppy Catholic school and he thought it was awful. How did you survive your edgy atheism phase?
>>
I'd add some determinism just to fuck with normies.

>the idea that they had nothing to do with their normie achievements, it's all determined by external factors
>and what really riles them up: the idea that losers might not be 100% responsible for their fucked up lives

Normies can't stand determinism. With nihilism they can go the "then you give life your own meaning xDD" route.
>>
>>27051757
I remember thinking if everyone else was real or not cause of NPCs in my Nintendo games
>>
I think everyone is gonna realise how much of a faggot you are
Just tell them reallity is just something that happens inside the brain
Then blow yours in front of everyone
>>
>>27050416
>>27050439
>>27050439

It's a Power Point presentation, not an essay. With that in mind you need to stop pretending like people are going to be impressed that you're able to read back to them the words that are on the screen.

Screamers, the things that you put after bullet points, should not read like sentences. Start each one with a verb instead. Talk around the rest of each screamer. This allows people to get an idea of what you're talking about while forcing themto take notes about the actual detail of your message.

Titles such as "why this is great" represent poor form and are truly amateur hour. Instead use a simple title like "benefits".

Your slide making skills are shit.
>>
>>27051949

Furthermore, your kerning is poor slide two bullet point number two has an unnecessary space.

Are you 12?

If I were your program manager and you showed me this presentation I would ask you to consider another position.
>>
>>27051813
Not choosing is also a choice.

Nietzsche was a hack.
>>
>>27050450
>>27050439
>>27050416
is that it?

looks pretty autistic OP. I think normies might make jokes behind your back.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.