[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /drinkingproblem/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
who /drinkingproblem/ here?
>>
>>27050150
who /permanenthangover/ here?
>>
Right here, but I've managed to go a good while without. A whole 3 days in fact. It's remarkable, with that whiskey in reach.
>>
Yeah.. about that.. I don't talk about it. I have reached the point of dementia where I don't even know I drink.

I have seen it growing up from devout catholics and muslims, drink in hand, complaining how drinking is a sin and lazy drunks are losers. It happens, it's not pretty when people can get to that point.

It's called "wet brain". Alcohol damages the brain to the point they are literally block the fact they are drinking. There was an intervention episode with one of them too, he was of course the one who died.
>>
I drink every day, have been for a couple years now.i don't think I have a problem though. You're not an alcoholic until you're drinking bottom shelf. Tanqueray and Wild Turkey mean I'm safe, Hendricks and eagle rare mean not even close, and black box is anti alcoholic despite the plastic because it means you take so long to drink 5L that a 5L bottle of wine would spoil before you finish it. The closest I've come is seagrams and Evan Williams 6969. If you drink any kind of vodka regularly that's automatic alcoholic whether is good shit like imperia and titos or trash like aristocrat and gay goose. Fuck vodka and vodka drinkers.
>>
>>27050196

its been a couple days for me. im trying to control it. i dont get drunk on my own anymore. i occasionally (1-2x a week) allow myself some beers watching netflix or something but other than that i only drink with people now. i still get wasted when i do tho

>>27050257

do you actually have wet brain?? and i thought it was more actual brain damage than psychological in that manner. i was raised muslim, but v. liberal, and i'm more agnostic than anything, so i don't really have that religious inner contradiction
>>
>>27050190
Yup, & I'm sure my coworkers & clients can see through it
>>
>>27050435

how do you afford that shit so consistently? i feel stupid asking this cause presuming you don't have any dependents but your taste in booze indicates some level of non-NEETness
>>
>>27050469
>i still get wasted when i do tho
Yeah, I know how that goes. Once you get started, got to keep going till you're plastered. Usually I come out OK without much of a hangover, but a few days ago I got sick for the first time in six years, after a week long drinking binge. That's when I knew I had to call it quits for awhile.
>>
I picked up a crack habit when I used to drink. I'd hang around homeless people because they were always drunk and wouldn't be disgusted by my pathetic nature because they knew I'd kick in some money if they wanted to get fucked up. Was really fucked up one night and one of them wanted to go get some rocks, so I asked if I could smoke some too, because I figured why the fuck not.

I figure I must be one of the only 27 year old crack addict virgins out there. There can't be too many of us.
>>
>>27050585

Tanqueray and wild turkey are my usual, they're about $20/750ml. Maybe I'm not bad into the habit but a bottle lasts 2 or 3 days. Hendricks and eagle are $35ish. Seagrams and Evan are $13ish. I figure it's about like smoking, American spirits are like $6 a pack here, and I don't smoke.

I do wagekek, but have a garage 'apartment' at grandma's. The only cost is cut the grass and cook dinner. I like cooking, especially since most women in my family can't cook like me. She pays for groceries so its all the better. She says I make frozen veggies taste expensive. My trick is to sautee instead of boil, and use salt and pepper with animal fat instead of just water and a spritz of I can't believe dumbasses buy this fake butter to season. Another is to use cast iron instead of whatever it is my family uses to prepare meats and shit. Growing up I thought I didn't like food. I still have no clue how I'm thin despite eating good food and drinking while they're mostly teetotallers who hate good food, or at least seem to hate good food judging by the cooking.
>>
>>27050585
>i feel stupid asking this cause presuming you don't have any dependents but your taste in booze indicates some level of non-NEETness

I'm a NEET and I drink a few cans of Carlsberg Special Brew every day.
>>
>drink little or nothing when at home. one beer with dinner at most
>need several shots of liquor if I'll be leaving the house

I try not to leave the house much
>>
>>27050908
that guy was talking about top-shelf spirits. special brew is literally tramp juice. of course its cheap as shit

>>27050668
yeah. i was really really bad a couple months back. id go for a couple of social drinks with friends and they'd all be embarrassed/ashamed when they were all ok and i was getting plastered. im better at it now. and im a pretty large dude so i dont get hungover often. fair enough man

>>27050780
phukking hell thats ridiculous. i know plebbit is frowned upon for good reason, but seriously maybe do an AmA. one guy who ended up getting accidentally addicted to shooting heroin did and it was really interesting, and persuaded me to never try mainlining it

>>27050866
fair enough, that analogy makes sense aye. aaaah goddamn ty ty im gonna try that. im trying to lose weight and frozen veggies, while a staple, are fucking miserable to eat
>>
>>27050150
Can't do it anymore, my stomach and intestines feel like shit if I do. Now I just eat a lot of sugar
>>
>>27050150
Who fucking /wet brain/ here I'm 20 and I know my shits a little fucked up
>>
>>27051110
Wet brain is a meme.
>>
>>27051110

OP and main poster in thread here, I'm 20 and I don't think I have wet brain, but I wanna ask when you think it happened and how intense it is
>>
File: 1456351491825.jpg (1007 KB, 1484x2158) Image search: [Google]
1456351491825.jpg
1007 KB, 1484x2158
Reporting in at a fifth a night. I can hold a decent job and be sober through it, but I'm so fucking miserable it's straight to the bottle as soon as I get home.
>>27050780
That's crazy anon, gotta say you're the only one I've ever heard about. Did you just drink on the streets with them or invite them into your place? I give the homeless a few bucks and a cigarette if they ask but I can't see myself drinking with any of them, seems like things could get out of hand quick.
>>
>>27051014
I've done that too. I made an ass of myself during the holidays when I bogarted the wine at a family reunion. I didn't do anything spectacularly bad, but I had way too much to drink and it was obvious that I was inebriated. I didn't mean to get that wasted but the stress was getting to me. It was a lot bigger than I expected, and I hadn't seen some of those people in years. Now everyone probably thinks I'm a drunk. Oh well, no reason to hide it now.
>>
>>27051137
It's not amigo
>>27051199
I started noticing changes in my short term memory like a year ago but I've been drinking pretty heavy on and offf since I was 15 I'd put something down and walk into a room and forget why I walked in then I'd forget where I'd put the thing I put down shit like that it's really annoying and embarrassing sometimes anyway did some research on it it's like b vitamin deficiency makes sense because I'd drink and not eat so I could be more drunker it's gotten better though because I stopped drinking I think it could've been even better but I never gave up drinking completely working on that though I don't beer or whiskey actual mental muscle is where it's at
>>
>>27051425
my family is muslim to varying degrees of observance so I'm never drunk at extended family shit, which is a small blessing I guess. meant that i really had a fucking hankering the entire fucking week surrounding christmas when we had family over

>>27051434
medically it's said that it's a thing that occurs relatively suddenly, so all this is since a year ago? and yeah that's not good, i almost always try and eat before and/or after drinking cause i fuckin hate hangovers. you stopped drinking? or cut down?
>>
>>27051260

fifth of what though? and what's your job
>>
File: 100% haram.jpg (41 KB, 200x217) Image search: [Google]
100% haram.jpg
41 KB, 200x217
>>27051904
I just keep some water bottles with vodka in them around. you can't get blasted but you can have something even when other people are around.
>>
>>27051904
I don't about know it happening suddenly I just don't think I realized it because I was d R U n K and didn't care also I didn't have many responsibilities that would require too much thinking like a job now I do and I cut down slowly exponentially
>>
>>27052094
that pic tho, what a qt

and fair enough. tbf a fifth of vodka would get me absolutely fucking blasted. a few months back i had a litre of it in one night and it put me on my ass for the entire next day. your liver is taking a fucking pounding man

>>27052111
fair enough. to be fair, would you say your life is better for having cut down now?
>>
Leaving it up to 4chan: If dubs, I get a beer. If trips: gin. This will decide if I drink or not tonight.
>>
>>27052094

disregard the bit about a fifth of vodka, thought you were the other guy. fair enough, but hiding it to that degree seems sketch. and surely you cant swig vodka like water
>>
>>27052377
BEER IT UP SENPAI

im beering too
>>
>>27052432
>fair enough, but hiding it to that degree seems sketch.
it is. you do realize where you are?
>and surely you cant swig vodka like water
practice, man, practice. all you gotta do is avoid making a face to be able to do it discreetly. If you can't, take small sips, or cut it with water. Realize that some guy standing in public taking a bottle of clear liquid with a Dasani label on it out of his bag and taking a sip is something that is completely unexceptional. If you don't get obviously intoxicated it'll never even cross anyone's mind that it's anything but water.
>>
>>27051434

Bong navy strength gin, grapefruit juice concentrate, whey isolate, a multivitamin, and water. Take some fish oil caps and you got a drunks version of soylent. It's not just vitamin b you need though. Mg is also low in heavy drinkers. Take it at night with a multivitamin and handful of dph. It helps you sleep. I can't sleep on alcohol. It's like I'm just unconscious for a couple hours then wakeup and can't go back to sleep even though it's 0300.
>>
>>27052558

yeah fair enough. if this were november last year i'd definitely consider moving to that, but i'm scared enough of my potential to overdrink that i wouldn't. may use in future tho anyway
>>
File: 1420613173553.gif (2 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
1420613173553.gif
2 MB, 450x188
>>27050150
Me, but I don't drink that often. Once every 2-3 weeks but when I do I blow a shit load of cash and do a bunch of drugs. End up on like a 24-36 hour bender.
>>
File: despondent frog rick.jpg (53 KB, 438x566) Image search: [Google]
despondent frog rick.jpg
53 KB, 438x566
>>27052047
Whiskey though I'm also partial to gin. Computer programmer for an unusual industry in a backwater.
>>
I have a drinking problem.
Someone is trying to manipulate me. They noticed I'm drinking and decided their manipulation wouldn't work. So instead they are acting mad about my drinking.
There is a dilemma here that they're probably going to be a fucking asshole no matter what now, although they were before. At least they tried to be coy about it.
>>
>>27052377
Well, finished that one. Another dubs means another beer.
>>
Man it sucks to feel that I will never be able to drink normally.

About a year ago I was drinking alone (while living with my parents) and I got so drunk I was throwing up. I remember praying that they didn't wake up. After that I stopped drinking alone at home.

A few weeks ago I went on a bender and other than work I would just blackout alone in bars. Now I am not going to drink in bars alone anymore.

The shitty part is that when friends invite me out, I can't help but drink heavily. Luckily (?) a bunch of my friends are alcoholics, but it really sucks to hang around with people, just getting dinner or something, and end up drinking a few bottles of wine.

I have a good job, but drinking really fucks with my mental health. I get really anxious and depressed when I have been drinking a lot. I wish I could just be a normie and have a few drinks with friends and relax.
>>
>>27053540
I have never been able to just have a few drinks. it's blackout or nothing.
>>
>>27053191
jesus fuckin christ man that is crazy
nice frogrick also

>>27053078
i can relate to the cash and drugs (not v regularly on latter tho) but not the length of bender, unless you mean like consecutive nights which yeah i do sometimes

>>27053540
im trying to get to that stage. i was i guess intermediate between normal and where you were, i would get fucked up that often but i wouldnt blackout. drinking doesnt fuck with my mental health but my mental health is dicey to begin with and excessive drunkenness certainly doesn't help
>>
>>27052311
I think so I feel stronger physically and don't get to feel sick half the time and it really wasn't helping me mentally but on the other hand I actually like drinking and it's made harder because I'm young and drinking is super socially acceptable a lot of people do it
>>27052575
I bought some b vitamins and I'd take them every time I drank but sounds good thanks I screen shot that
>>
>>27053540
holy shit, senpai, are you me? I can't not get blackout drunk and embarrass myself. A friend had to carry me inside my house and at some point I said
>you're a big guy
jdimsa
>>
>>27053700

that's good i'm glad to hear that. yeah i understand, it's difficult to extricate the two when you do actually like drinking as well as sometimes abusing it. best of luck though in the future
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.