[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone else here have schizophrenia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: schizophrenia.jpg (50 KB, 540x370) Image search: [Google]
schizophrenia.jpg
50 KB, 540x370
does anyone else here have schizophrenia?
>>
File: 1444203623636.gif (468 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1444203623636.gif
468 KB, 500x350
>>27048819
Paranoid schizophrenia here. Life is suffering.
>>
File: 1410370274544.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1410370274544.png
129 KB, 724x611
Yeah, all seven of us in here.

Fuck I'm just unstoppable tonight.
>>
File: image.gif (519 KB, 256x170) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
519 KB, 256x170
How did you get diagnosed? What tests did they run you through? What led to your diagnosis? Are you medicated? Do you plan to continue "treatment"? Ever have to be hospitalized against your will?
>>
>>27048819
me maybe?
unsure
>>
>>27048842
>>27048877

yeah it sucks. hang in there

it wouldnt surprise me if a lot of robots were schizo
>>
>>27049054
went to psychiatrist, he ased me a bunch of questions first, then tried to diagnose me with depression and anxiety, but the meds didnt help, then he asked more questions, and diagnose me with adhd, the meds for that made me lose my grip on reality more than usually, after that he asked more questions and said I probably have schizophrenia, then did brain scan which confirmed it
>>
>>27049054
oh as to your other questions i've got a prescription but i find it hard to take because my brain is just not there to form a responsible habit like that, no i've never been hospitalized against my will
>>
>>27049118
What sort of brain scan? How was it "confirmed", what was abnormal? Couldn't anything that showed up have been from the meds? That's been done in the past, those ADHD tests, I think. Did you happen to get a copy of those scans and results?
>>
I have absolutely no idea what I have and I don't want to find out, but I am genuinely insane and a complete mental and emotional wreck.
>>
>>27049187
>What sort of brain scan?
functional MRI, i believe

>How was it "confirmed",
maybe the wrong word but after the brain scan the doc was pretty convinced i had schizophrenia. he sent me to another doctor to get another opinion and she said the same thing

>Couldn't anything that showed up have been from the meds?
i couldn't tell you but from the way they explained schizophrenia to me, it sounds like i've been experiencing these symptoms from long before the meds. i've always been fucked in the head, this much i know for sure but the meds definitely made it worse for a while.

>Did you happen to get a copy of those scans and results?
no should i get one? i wouldn't even know what i'm looking at
>>
>>27049054
>How did you get diagnosed?
had a psychotic episode after a few years of increasing paranoia and shutting myself off from society completely (a few weeks/months before the episode I was taping newspapers on windows and then hiding myself on a secluded part of the garage with no windows and that should have been blocking all EMR like a faraday's cage, so I concluded the people watching me and ridiculing me everywhere on the internet weren't tied to the physical laws at all and were transcendental
>What tests did they run you through?
no tests, just some basic questions like "are you hearing voices, are you paranoid there are others watching you", etc
>What led to your diagnosis?
the psychotic episode
Are you medicated?
yeah, I only take 1/16th of my shrink's dosage though, after reviewing several scientific papers denouncing that antipsychotics literally destroy your brain, increasing with your dosage and long-termness
Do you plan to continue "treatment"?
yes, no other choice if I want to remain rational, even though I hate the side effects, I would have having paranoia again more
Ever have to be hospitalized against your will?
the hospitalization after my episode was kind of against my will, but I didn't really fight against it at all, and I trusted the whole thing after perceiving that the meds were working
>>
What's it like?

My family has a history of schizophrenia. My younger brother got hit at 15 with bipolar. I'm clear so far, but do have other things like OCD and paranoia (occasionally) so there's a chance i'll "acquire" it in the future, thanks dad.
>>
>>27049418
what was your psychotic episode like? I think I might of had one but not sure I was scratching my head and started hitting myself and then get myself then drank some liquor to try to calm down.
>>
>>27048819
I thought I was but it turns out I was just brain damaged, I am addicted to weed so if it turns out I do have it and it just took a while to set in, that wouldn't surprise me either because I'm still only 19 and it usually comes out around here or later right? I have never had full blown delusional hallucinations but sometimes I SWEAR I can hear voices, in static and shit, it sounds like muffled conversations I can never fully grasp. Sometimes, when I'm drifting off I'll hear someone start talking and I can't tell if it's real or not because next thing I know I'll be asleep. Also I have mood problems and anger issues even when I know I'm acting irrational or shitty. I sleep lots. Never leave the house. Don't have any friends. does this just sound like depression and autism or something else?
>>
>>27049472
for me it feels like reality is a fistful of sand, you can hold on to it but as you move around and do things more and more of it slowly slips through your fingers and you're vaguely aware of it's happening but the farther it goes, the less your awareness becomes

then I enter in the delusional state where i don't even realize i'm thinking and acting insane i just go with it until i'm snap out of it and i can usually remember what i did but not what i was thinking or why it would occur to me to do that

then there's the hallucinations and paranoia can't really function socially because of the intense uncontrollable fear and suspicions of everyone, it usually feels to me as though every passerby is watching me and scheming against me

the worst part is what i'll refer to as "episodes" it basically feels to me like a swarm of insects on my brain has drowned out any rational thouights and it's just a frantic energetic buzzing that feels terrible and drowns out any type of conscious thought and yet i'm aware of everything i'm doing in this state but it's like i'm in a cage just subdued completely by the buzzing and when i snap out of that i remember everything that i did but again, can't remember why i did it

all in all it's pretty shit
>>
>>27049418
How often do you have these "breaks", and what is it like to not be in control of believing that stuff? That's pretty scary anon. What are you like otherwise, and what is it like coming out of an episode? So are your hallucinations scary?
>>
>>27049643
cut not get fuck
>>
>>27049699
one thing is for sure, heavy weed use can make schizophrenia worse but otherwise it's impossible to say if what you have sounds like it or not, the last the thing you want to do is convince yourself you have it and manifest your own symptoms, see a psych if you really want to know
>>
>>27049733
yeah, i know about the episodes, my brother has shaved bald 4 times in each separate one. dont know how it feels though. shit sucks anon. get a dog if you dont have one, they helped (at least my brother)
>>
I'm afraid about getting schizophrenia ever since I heard that weed can cause it and because I've been feeling a bit of derealization the past year. Whenever I hear something out of place I get close to a panic attack and have to make sure I didn't hallucinate it. I think I have paranoia but it might just be my social anxiety.
There's no one in my family with schizo, do I have reasonable odds to develop it?
If I had a psychotic episode, would I realize it? Or would it be like that episode on House where he imagined he had sex with Cuddy and was holding her lipstick for a while until she gave him a reality check and everything became real?
>>
>>27049733
>fistful of sand
Powerful analogy.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.