[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"alright class, in order to succeed in this class you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 720x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 720x575
>"alright class, in order to succeed in this class you need to spend 2-3 hours studying outside of class for every hour spent in class"
>>
>>27048389
>Or have terrible sleeping habits and an assload of shitty redbull
>>
>>27048389
>Alternatively you can come bitch to me during office hours after every exam and I'll eventually just give you automatic A's so I don't have to deal with you.
>>
>go to uni
>barely do any homework
>fail some stuff but whatever
>get degree

ok
>>
File: arararargi.png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
arararargi.png
789 KB, 1280x720
>study for maybe an hour before exams
>constantly fuck around in class
>class is supposed to be super hard

And the only reason I'm pretty sure I passed was because i gave that bitch the D
>>
>>27048389
the same people that assign 40 pages to read per week (per class)
so 160 pages per week
fuck that shit nigga
>>
File: 1456785109018.jpg (21 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
1456785109018.jpg
21 KB, 628x676
>>27048389
>tfw never had to study
>>
>"i am going to do a terrible job teaching that will require you to memorize the text book just to pass"
>>
>this class will have 4-6 hours of homework per week
>do all the homework in 15 minutes
Am I a genius or are they just lying to everybody?
>>
File: nyoro~n.png (178 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nyoro~n.png
178 KB, 500x500
>"You're free to leave anytime after an hour and a half but if you want to pass my course you should be staying the whole 3 hours to get the full benefit."
>never stay past the 90 minute mark
>professor stops even trying to convince me to after a couple of months because my marks are higher than most of my classmates anyway
>work is always handed in early, completed in full, with no problems
As lazy as I am under normal circumstances, when I put my mind to something, I get shit done. I feel like when I went back to school my IQ jumped up twenty points compared to when I was doing nothing all day.
>>
>>27048389
your teacher used the word "class" four times in one sentence?
>>
>>27049108
Hell if I know, I usually blow through it too. I think maybe they overstate the workload because they know nobody's going to take as long as they say it should, but they also underestimate the students a bit.
>>27048919
The only tests I've failed are the ones I studied for.
>>
>>27049108
>math class and science class
>their assignments takes 10 minutes each, 40 minutes at most for the gigantic end of section quizzes after they both stated you need to work on them for at least 2-3 hours a day

>>27049062
fucking this, the science class I just mentioned doesn't even try
>online class
>have an online ebook of the text in another tab
>actually fucking ctrl-f for terms used in the question and immediately find them in the book
WOWEE ZOWEE
>>
>"This essay is 15% of your mark and I will be grading VERY strictly."
>google essay question
>find essay
>change the grammar and sentence structure a bit
>hand it in
Every time. I don't know how I never got caught, because they take plagiarism seriously.
>>
>>27049323
>fucking this, the science class I just mentioned doesn't even try
I once had an operating systems class that answered every homework question in class while stating it would be a homework question. Every test question was a homework question with different numbers and he told you which ones would be on the test. The worst part is some people still failed.
>>
>>27049323
I had an online class once where the professor literally made everyone pay an extra $80 to sign up for a service that would make up and grade the homework for her. Homework was only 15% of the grade but she said she would fail anyone who didn't sign up. What a fuckin racket.
>>
>>27049403
People still failing that amazes me. Even in my science class I'd be mad if someone failed when you can just fucking ctrl f the answers.

>>27049551
Sort of this going on in the science class and math class. I don't know why they don't put these prices into the initial class payments when you sign up, tell me the class is gonna be fucking 380 dollars, not 300 and then surprise me with another 80.

The math class required an online use code that wasn't included in the price, and the science class makes you buy another 150 dollars online code that wasn't included to DO YOUR HOMEWORK
>>
>>27049403
I took a remedial English class to get my last high school credit. It was a full class of mostly-functional adults, with jobs and families. There were maybe three people in the class who were capable of actually doing the work. It started off with 30 people and after two weeks of classes (twice a week) we were down to 9. That was the class for the rest of the course. I basically got top marks for showing up and knowing how to spell properly and format my work. Hell, we quite literally knew almost every question on the exam going in.
>>
When I took freshman English the teacher gave me a C on every paper I made regardless of quality. So I got a 4.0 English graduate student to write a couple papers for me, making sure they're absolutely perfect. I still got a C. Teachers like this need to be fired.
>>
>>27049907
Likewise, instructors who don't actually read papers because "muh grading" taking too long and just skim it and slap a letter on it.

I've had a number of instructors where I would write a paper and they would pick out like two sentences in particular that they didn't like for some reason and mark me down an entire letter grade and would tell me to "change the structure of the paper" or some BS.

I would use synonyms in the sentences that were marked and resubmit them without changing anything else and suddenly I have an A because I know how to use a thesaurus.

The other thing that drives me crazy is when I submit a paper and get a B on it while someone who barely speaks fucking english turns in a paper full of sentences fragments and spelling errors gets an A because "they were trying their best" and the instructor doesn't want to look raycis or muhsoggykneestick knowing full well that if work of that quality had been submitted in a real world scenario they probably would be fired.

Nigga, their best ain't good enough don't even front.
>>
>>27050043
>I've had a number of instructors where I would write a paper and they would pick out like two sentences in particular that they didn't like for some reason and mark me down an entire letter grade and would tell me to "change the structure of the paper" or some BS.
Funny that's every paper I've ever had graded. Sometimes I'll have a near borderline statement and get marked off because I needed to expand it more. The worst is when I get told to basically rearrange the entire structure of everything, essentially redoing the entire paper, but I still get graded a B+ on the draft.
>>
>>27050181
>I'll have a near borderline statement
*borderline irrelevant
>>
>>27049644
Well, you have money to buy your books, right? It's the same thing. It's a resource you need to buy for the class you're taking... OK, It's a horseshit racket, but still, there's always some weaselly excuse for some otherwise useless merchant to earn a living.
>>
As a friendless loser with no real hobbies I found it pretty easy to do lots of work during home hours

It's much more comfy than classes
>>
>tfw never buy or even pirate any of the books
>>
>>27050438
>Well, you have money to buy your books, right?
No I don't. My last math book was $300 and that was just for one class.
>>
>>27050482
It's also nice during lectures or in situations where it is possible to work ahead. I would always work through lectures and breaks to finish up the work early so I could leave.

I ended up finishing the course load barring exams like halfway through the course. It's so nice being able to leave immediately after the lecture so I can get back home and post on my latvian songwriting forum.

Bonus comfy if it was a subject you already knew a fair deal about and have to do 0 research for.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.