[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the baby boomers the worst generation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_mxkc28npzo1qkl57io4_500.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxkc28npzo1qkl57io4_500.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
Are the baby boomers the worst generation?
>>
>>27048196
>Are the baby boomers the worst generation?

Pretty much
>>
There are plenty of jobs. You're just fucking lazy.
>>
>>27048196

Every generation is the worst
>>
>>27048670
No one will fucking hire me! I put out shit everywhere and everyone turns me away no matter how much effort I put into it!

>find job
>no experience required!
>will train you!
>apply excitedly
>don't get it
>they said they went with someone more qualified

Fuck this goddamn world. Unless you know someone on the inside you better fucking hang yourself cuz you ain't getting in.
>>
File: boomers-flipping-burgers1.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
boomers-flipping-burgers1.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>27048670
t. baby boomer scumbag
>>
>>27048774

Sales fag here. Whenever you apply to these jobs, do 20 minutes of research into the company, then call up the next day with a few questions regarding the position. NEVER ASK ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION. That will give off waves of desperation that they'll be able to smell over the phone. But if you call them and ask them

>how much training do I need exactly
>I saw that there were a few certifications available in this field, should I get those
>What other locations do you operate in

It will make it seem like you're not just some random fuckface that threw his application at them.
>>
>>27048925
>It will make it seem like you're not just some random fuckface that threw his application at them.
That doesn't matter because they guy handling all the applications will just go for his nephew, a hot chick, or a transgender inuit animalkin.
>>
>>27048196
Why not just call them Old Fucks

Also, why are they the worst generation, or is that only in America?
>>
>>27048925

I've tried all these bullshit random "you have to do THIS" advice wolf memes and it doesn't do anything. I don't actually know how many applications I put in or how much money I wasted and I don't really want to think about it.

I just work for myself from home now relisting mongolian figurines on ebay kek
>>
Getting a job is easy if you're willing to do a shitty job.

Hell, most shitty jobs aren't bad once you actually discover what doing them entails. You wouldn't think that some guy stacking shit in a produce section enjoys his life but it's actually a piss easy job
>>
>>27048196
>did drugs like crazy in the 60s
>supported Reagan's war on drugs

>worried about exploitation of laborers and unemployment
>supports companies and politicians that promote off-shore outsourcing

>thinks child-labour is bad
>see above plus sweat-shop labor

>bitched about nam and dodged drafts
>voted for war-mongering politicians

>worried about the environment during their hippie phase
>biggest consumers of SUVs and and big factory products
that's exactly what baby-boomers are. big fucking BABIES. babies who shat all over our generation

fuck my parents.
>>
Hey thinking about getting a courier job, taking it over from a relative. It's 800 bucks a week and I have to drive 2 hours to a place, and from home on a Monday and Friday, they might ask for a short trip once in the middle of the week or on a weekend, but they pay for gas and they call me when I stay home all day, is it worth it? 400-1000 dollars a week, better than most jobs right?
>>
>>27049410
Your parents are really so old that they were born in the 40s?

Jesus christ
>>
>>27049230
>Also, why are they the worst generation, or is that only in America?
After WW2, they started having tons of kids the economy couldn't support and made everything worse. Now they're spoiled brats and think everyone had it like they did as a kid but we're just lazy. I don't think the economy or job market will ever recover from them.
>>
>>27049438
Yeah that's actually a good paying job if the pay is steady
>>
>>27049466
I've got a decent savings and I live at home, so It wouldn't be bad at all, I make about 330 bucks a week already but the work is gruesome and I hate my boss, this job I could be my own boss, but I'm a nervous driver is the only downside, and Chicago is the place I would have to deliver.
>>
>>27049455
>After WW2, they started having tons of kids the economy couldn't support and made everything worse

That was the "greatest generation". The boomers *are* those kids.

The economy would be fine if they still hadn't imported millions of shitskins.
>>
This topic becomes really dodgy when you start asking, what exactly did the Boomers do wrong? In my view, most people who blame the Boomers think the solution is to repeat their mistakes. Which is not too surprising, since the Boomers decided on our cultural sacred cows.
>>
File: 1382259611099.png (307 KB, 968x634) Image search: [Google]
1382259611099.png
307 KB, 968x634
Boomers who aren't retired by 55 are holding all the jobs that should go to the Gen X hostage which in turn means they're holding all the Millineal jobs hostage.

When an entry level job requires experience it's code for "I want generation X" because they get too many people so why not get the ones who already have experience?

This is why the media sucks, they rely too heavily on old people so they don't bring in any new ideas.

Millenials are the ones who want to change things, unfortunately this leads to tumblrites and fedoras.
>>
>>27049732
A challenger approaches

bloxblox
>>
its dumb to generalize everybody
quit blaming boomers for your problems its not like they all collectively voted to fuck your shit up on purpose
>>
File: 1984_large.png (89 KB, 730x460) Image search: [Google]
1984_large.png
89 KB, 730x460
>>27049884
orly?

Reaganomics gutted the middle class M8 and it hasn't recovered since
>>
Bump for boomer hate
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.