[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Cant eat anything tasty >Have to work out 3, maybe 4 times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2290x1527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2290x1527
>Cant eat anything tasty
>Have to work out 3, maybe 4 times a week
>Gyms are expensive
>Have to do the excersises exactly right or I risk hurting myself
>Then maybe I'll maybe see some progress in a few months, maybe a year

Is it even worth it?
>>
Go at your own pace and stay away from places like /fit/. If anything it should boost your self confidence a tad even if you don't see big gains
>>
it's not i used to believe in the go the the gym deadlift 4 plate meme
but during a deadlift set i fucking snapped my lower back and ended up with a herniated disc i have chronic lower back pain and i'm not even fat and still young
>>
I'm a personal trainer, put up 315 for 10 reps on squat today. I get this all the time. If you don't want to learn how to make healthy food taste good and you don't think it's worth hiring somebody to learn the exercises from you can stay a walking heart attack for all we care. I'm passionate about changing peoples lives for the better but I have no sympathy for people who squander their gifts :^)
>>
>can't eat anything tasty

Learn to cook you fucking child
>>
>>27047400
oh fuck that's why I stay away from dead lifts
hurting my back is too scary
plus I'm too beta and/or ugly for fit actually helping me
>>
>>27047331
In the long run, yes, extended lifespan.. the first question you should ask though, is what will makes you happy and even worth the effort to live that long?

Big hint: generally it's family, peak condition to raise kids is the entire biological reason.
The only other is self satisfaction which is achievable, and societies association with respect for the shape / condition and your self-affirmation from others.

If you go full normalfag then yeah I guess being healthy is worth it.
>>
>>27047400
I bet your form was dog shit
>>
>>27047424
>you can stay a walking heart attack for all we care.

Or I could not waste my life changing myself to look better for other people when instead I can live to 100 by maybe taking a walk.
>>
>>27047424
>315 for 10
Literally not even good. Stop trying to be a smug cunt when you aren't even strong.
I did 335 for 5x7 today and this was a light day.
I also weigh 181lbs in the middle of my bulk.
Max was 445lbs highbar, close stance
>>27047331
Yes, you can eat something tasty. You're just an idiot. Learn to cook and learn to count calories.
>>
You'll get over it soon. I don't like cake or soda anymore, I despise candy. Chocolate and Ice cream are foods I can only enjoy in small amounts. Also, think about it this way, we're going to be alone for the rest of our lives, you are the only person you can rely on. If you can't lift a few pounds you're going to struggle.
>>
Yes it is worth it.

>tfw you BTFO roasties later
>>
>>27047498
Hahahaha tell me when somebody shows you up at something do you always look for an excuse? I never have lower back pain fag, I put the work in everyday to get to that point.
>>
>>27047424
I always wondered why personal trainers lurk in robot threads, is it to help out others with philanthropic support indirectly without responsibility but as a positive energy for others, or that they succumb to their present situations and relate emphatically to the misery.

Otherwise you come here to feel good about your mundane accomplishments over the lower bar, which is fine as well since you evaluate life on the scales amongst your fellow peers.
>>
>>27047331
>Is it even worth it?
Yes, you literally have no idea how much your life improves by getting fit. Not even talking about opposite gender attention or purely physical health, once you actually start liking what you see in the mirror you realize a lot of things you believed were simply wrong.
>>
>>27047498
nope kept my back straight pressed through my heels and kept the bar close to my shins
strength training using heavy weight isn't for everyone i wish i did calisthenics instead now because of falling for you fucking assholes get 4 plate deadlift/ squat meme i'm in chronic pain fuck you mother fuckers
>>
>>27047331
its not worth it unless your doing it for the pre workout and that crazy MUH PROTEIN POWDURRR

that shit is literally seroids

just stay fit and do cardio
>>
>>27047331
>Can't eat anything tasty

Yes you can, just eat less of it fatass
>>
>>27047573
>4 plate deadlift fuckes you up this much
If you didn't have shit form, then you're 100lbs max. It's more likely that you had shit form and are delusional.
>>
>>27047507
Well for starters today way a light day for me as well, and my max last time I checked was 425. Are you somewhat stronger than me? It's possible, but if I were you I wouldn't try to degrade somebody when you yourself aren't that much better :^)
>>
File: ScRR6.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ScRR6.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>27047564
jeez man
>>
>>27047607
i was 160 lbs at 6'1 and i was deadlifting 185 for 5 my form was fucking on point just face it you faggot /fit/ autists even with perfect form deadlifts and squats can still be dangerous exercises for people who aren't built to them like people with small bone structures you're the one that's delusional
>>
>>27047660
Oh so if you can't handle shit then neither can anyone else? Nice outlook on life, anon.
>>
>>27047628
Regardless, I'm stronger, probably smaller, and I probably go lower than you.
I'm just sick of faggots like you trying to act like Chad on the internet. It's annoying to hear weak pseudo-Chad faggots like you spout off a bunch of nonsense like you're worth shit.
>>
You'll never become Chad no matter how hard you work.
>>
>>27047572
When I lift I think about what it means. It's a trade, by voluntarily taking on great momentary strain you become stronger and consequently everything that you have to do in your day to day becomes easier.

Easily worth it from that alone. Looking sexy is gravy
>>
>>27047642
Yeah i know, but it's more refreshing than saying why are you here. I haven't been in r9k for over 4 years.
>>
>>27047660
>deadlifting 185lbs
>severe back injury

I bet your form was Dog Shit
>>
>>27047660
bitch I'm 5'10, 180, and I deadlift 195lb.
trust, your form was shit.

I only had an injury once, that's when I tried to do 215 lb, and I had to take painkillers and rest for about a month and a half.

Proper form is crucial, especially on diddy lifts
>>
>>27047331
How come every muscle head spouts some motivational stuff. They sugar coat everything lmao
>>
yes it's worth it, i use to lift i got some attention.

>use to lift weights
>part time job cashier paid attention to me
>still had beta in me never got a girls number
>they got turned off because of living with parents
>>
>typical autistic skinnyfat permavirgin
>tired of hating myself and my body
>wagecuck, but still have tons of free time since zero social life
>decide to buy a weight bench, some plates and a dumb bell
>dont' know what the fuck I'm doing but just lift weights until I get tired
>let my self-loathing and frustration fuel my workouts
>a couple of months go by
>the weights are getting lighter and lighter
>buy more weights to add to my bench/heavier dumbells
>amazed to see that I'm actually getting stronger and bigger
>people start being friendly towards me and females start flirting with me

I'm still autistic as fuck so I won't be getting a gf anytime soon, but holy shit what a difference. It feels really good, bros. I highly recommend getting into exercise, whether it's running, lifting or any kind of sport. It will make you feel a lot better about yourself and it's surprisingly easier to talk to people when you're not as self-conscious about your appearance. It's kind of fucked up how people will treat you differently when you're more physically attractive, though.
>>
>>27047331
>Cant eat anything tasty
Not true bruh. Easy af to make delicious meals when you're bulking but even cutting can be pretty fucking enjoyable. Hit up dat salmon, steak or chicken with nice dry rubs, wraps with some goats cheese and shit.
>Gyms are expensive
Man, even in Au$tralia they're 600 a year. That's less than 1 hour's work a week at minimum wage
>Only with squats and deads bruh. And they're not hugely important exercises
Alright, that one sucks.
>>
>>27047642
Nahh, I just noticed that if a personal trainer wasn't full of them self, or desensitized by quitters thus losing the core emotion of helping others for a pay check, they are wasting their time being here since they don't follow what they preach. A better person wouldn't lurk here, that's the epitome of why chan is becoming shittier by casualness, or the key to some robots salvation I guess.
>>
40% of why I go to the gym/eat healthy a bit is becuase I know how good it is to go though a ritual that reaffirms that "I'm worth it, I'm doing this because I care about myself".

Another 40% why I do both is because I like the instant feeling. I feel better when I work out and have structure and tasty food tastes SO GOOD and rewarding when I deny myself more often.

The 20% why is because I want to maintain or improve my physical aesthetic and health.

Works for me, gyms are not that expensive, what works best for me actually is to sign up for a local community college work out class. Structured, cheap (you might even have funding for it), social, and often you can just stay in a class you didn't sign up for if it's slow, at least at my local college they are cool with it.
>>
>>Cant eat anything tasty
Entire rest of OP's post disregarded. There's a shit ton of good, delicious food--it's that you don't know how to cook.
>>
I suggest taking it small steps at a time instead of trying to completely throw your life around going fulltime gymrat /fit/izen mode.
That way there's a lot less resistance to overcome and temptation to just forfeit and return to your old life as results are probably not visible fast enough.

I personally don't go to gyms because they're expensive as fuck, and I can't get myself to continue working out 3-4 times a week especially with the idea that if I do it a lot less of have a few busy weeks where I can't find the time to do so I'll end up losing all my gainz.
Instead, I try to work out at least once a week through bodyweight workout (think calisthenics; however much it gets ridiculed by /fit/ autists, it beats not working out and I personally like the more diverse and allround effect it seems to have), I simply cut down on soda and sweets/snacks, and even though I don't really see any visible gains I've noticed my core is considerably stronger and stable, and my posture has improved from the previous slouching I used to do (back and core being what I've focused on mostly so far). It helps that I was already close to "ottermode" due to seemingly natural low bodyfat and my part-time job being fairly physically intense, but I find it much easier to start out small and slowly increase the amount of effort put into keeping up or improving your physical condition.

>Is it even worth it?
If you're only looking for visible gains asap and expect to just have to reach that point and then stop lifting, it's not even remotely worth it.
If you like the idea of improving yourself in physical aspects and don't mind having to put in the effort for anything to show (let alone for anything visibly showing) and take joy out of the working out itself, it can be well worth it.

Even if you suspect you won't enjoy it anyway, I do advice at least giving it a try to change small things for the better. It only takes minimal effort and it can make a difference already.
>>
>>27047564
I like to help others. I wish someone had taken the time to help me when I first started.

>>27047591
>that shit is literally seroids
And you're literally retarded.
>>
>>27048101
Full time /ck/ here. You don't stop preferring high carb / high fat / high sugar foods just because you can execute healthy dishes perfectly, sadly.
>>
>>27048157
Sounds like you got candida, or your gut flora is extremely messed up.
>>
>>27048157
Sure you do. Once you break your addiction to them, you might still enjoy them, but you won't be stuck on them.

Sometimes they make me feel like shit when I eat bad food.
>>
>>27047331
>>Cant eat anything tasty
if you think meats, yogurts, fresh veggies/fruits, and beans are nasty either you can't cook or you have inhuman taste buds. try eating some metal and see how that tastes.
>>Have to work out 3, maybe 4 times a week
lmao you should do it every day. rest days are for the elderly. you are young, you can easily work out all day everyday.
>>Gyms are expensive
neetbux or a paycheck would easily cover the 10-20 a month it costs
>>Have to do the excersises exactly right or I risk hurting myself
lmao working out is only fun when doing proper form. without it, it's just painful and shitty
>>Then maybe I'll maybe see some progress in a few months, maybe a year
3 months before you notice anything. 6 months til you have noticeable gains. a year and you are a new person. that's fucking nothing.

you have no excuse not to work out. even if you have no stuff to lift, just do convict conditioning
>>
File: 1455068470352.jpg (352 KB, 1200x1014) Image search: [Google]
1455068470352.jpg
352 KB, 1200x1014
>Cant eat anything tasty
Wrong. Learn to cook from raw ingredients, idiot.

Nope. I only lift twice a week and run three.

>Gyms are expensive
>"HEY GUYS! I'M A FUCKING IDIOT FOR PAYING HIGH PRICES TO GO TO A PLAY TO PICK THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN INSTEAD OF SLOWLY BUYING MORE WEIGHTS EVERY FEW WEEKS!"

Nope. I don't have the best form, but I never gotten injured. Better form means way more significiant chance of not getting injured while working more muscles optimally.

>Then maybe I'll maybe see some progress in a few months, maybe a yea
Try years.

Yeah, it's not worth it for you, OP. You'd be the type that can only lift the bar bare, then whine and complain about exercising be too tough. Go back to being an addicted fatty who has zero self-respect for himself.
>>
>do strong lifts then ice cream fitness fairly consistently from summer of 2012 to spring of 2015
>5 rep max stats: bp 115 to 225, squat 135 to 315, dead 135 to 365
>weight went from 140 to 175
>last summer hike the PCT with my brother for 3 weeks
>lose 15 pounds in the process
>go to se Asia in the fall where I'm always sick
>lose 10 more pounds
>try to start lifting again after I get back in January
>all my strength has regressed to basically where started in 2012
>feel like shit and don't want to do it again

In those three years I didn't even get laid. Wish I hadn't even started 2b .
>>
>>27048390
>three years to reach 2pl8 bench
Did you even eat/rest? Jesus Christ
>>
>>27047572
>Yes, you literally have no idea how much your life improves by getting fit. Not even talking about opposite gender attention or purely physical health, once you actually start liking what you see in the mirror you realize a lot of things you believed were simply wrong

Who the fuck seriously believes this? Where does this meme even come from?

I got fit years ago and put on decent weight years ago (was skelly) and it didn't change anything. No one cared.

I honestly think you have to be some 300 lb porker for it to have any of these magical effects you're talking about, it did nothing for me.
>>
>>27048418
I said fairly regularly. Don't bully me.
>>
Yes it is

Few feelings as good as knowing you're healthy. If you spend most of the day sitting in a chair you need the exercise
>>
Getting fit isn't even expensive. All you need is a pull up bar, resistance bands and a stool and you can exercise every muscle group in the comfort of your room. Plus it is extremely difficult to injure yourself doing bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>27048122
Best endeavours then friend
>>
>>27048804
Thanks bud. Have a good night.
>>
dont try to squat with heavy weights at first will cause death to your back. learn the form with 25s first then move up and do chest press with dumbells before getting on a bench itll help also over eat a shit load for gains
>>
>>27047331
I use to be fit but completely fell off course during college. I had coaches at that time who developed routine and schedules for me, and now I have no idea what I should be doing to go back into it. Can hardly remember the exercises I did, and what regime I winded up developing in the long hall.
>>
>>27049599
Start with a beginners program. If you have prior experience, it should come back pretty quickly.

Keep acquiring and applying knowledge and you'll be fine. Lift, eat, and rest consistently and you'll make it.

Starting strength, ice cream fitness, and strong lifts 5x5 are decent beginner programs.
>>
>>27047331
I don't fucking get this bullshit I became /fit/ eatting what ever the fuck I wanted, I stretched for 5 minutes,
ran on a treadmill for an hour, worked on my legs for 15 minutes, worked on my upper body for 30 minutes and finally did sit up/pull up/push up intervals for 10 minutes
>>
>>27047393
>stay away from places like /fit/
why? are you afraid he'll make gr8 gains?
>>
>>27047331

Anyone who calls food tasty is a fat fuck and deserves to be fat.
>>
>>27050288
*tips barbell*
>>
>>27047331
Just run distance and eat whatever you want
>>
>>27050288

Dude I love food and I'm 6' 170. The only reason I don't eat more is because I don't work out enough to warrant it.
>>
>>27050288
You're dumb as fuck m8. I eat tasty food all the time and I'm relatively fit.
>>
I would try to get properly fit but tbqhwyfamily the advice people give and shit people write about it is too confusing and conflicting, and I'm just not bothered.
>>
>>27048600
>knowing
nice try faggot but cancer could be looming inside RIGHT NOW
>>
>>27048251
>lmao working out is only fun when doing proper form. without it, it's just painful and shitty
Surely all exercise is essentially paintful. 'Proper form' is a terrible meme because you can have no idea whether you're doing it right or not until you actually hurt yourself.
>>
File: 1437004389593.jpg (122 KB, 664x793) Image search: [Google]
1437004389593.jpg
122 KB, 664x793
I never got into weightlifting very much but I took up running as a hobby. At one point I was running about 60 miles a week with ease. I slept like a baby and felt absolutely fantastic. That's the way humans are supposed to feel. Technology and our modern comforts have actually made us unhealthy and uncomfortable.

I've since got back out of shape because my new job hours make working out difficult (not fat, just not fit.) I don't sleep well and I feel wretched most of the time. I need to change that.

If you've never been in shape you owe it to yourself to at least try. I'm not saying you need to become ripped or you need to become a hardcore runner like I was, but you really do need to restore your body to something closer to it's natural state if you want to feel comfortable and be happy. Very few fat people are actually happy. I think that is pretty obvious if you just look around.

And you don't need to complicate this. You don't need to do a ton of research especially when you are just starting out. The most important thing is to simply stick with the exercise, and replace the processed food in your diet with more natural food (to the best of your ability.) I see my coworkers obsessing over their diet (usually without much success.) Just use your brain, obviously a banana is going to be a better breakfast than the sugared up granola bar covered with chocolate.

I think a lot of people overcomplicate things and that ultimately hinders them from ever getting started. You should be on one diet and that is the diet you have for the rest of your life. I've never been fat, and while metabolism plays a part, I also do not eat like the typical American. I'm actually grossed out by the way most people here eat.
>>
File: 1433501455729.jpg (58 KB, 1024x700) Image search: [Google]
1433501455729.jpg
58 KB, 1024x700
>>27047331
>Cant eat anything tasty
nigger. chicken is tasty. you can cook that shit up with some seasoning in a cast iron pan and it tastes glorious. Add some steamed carrots, beans, peas and maybe some potato-in-the-jacket and you got yourself a fine fucking meal.

There are plenty of options. educate yourself and learn some cooking.
>>
>>27047331

Healthy vegan food is DELICIOUS.
>>
>>27050783
>cooking
>educate yourself
the whole reason these people become fat is because they're too fucking lazy to do something as fundamental as moving, come on man they're not going to bother with any additional complexity like learning how to cook or sorting through what info is and isn't bullshit.
>>
>>27047331

Yeah you can, chicken, skillet, olive oil and veggies, add pepper, spices and light amount of suaces for added flavor. Me personally rub light amount of Alfredo sauce, light coat of parmesean with mushrooms and various chopped veggies, mmmmm.
>>
>>27051903
All that sounds bland as fuck if you've been loading up on sugar for years.
>>
>>27052093

I know I need to get more creative, but it tastes good I made it
>>
this seems lile a good place for this question

Im 5'5 and 110lbs but my bmi is apparently 20%. How do I lower it while still gaining weight?
>>
>>27047331
>Cant eat anything tasty
You can eat whatever you want. Just get in some vegetables everyday and get an appropriate amount of calories everyday. I ate two McDoubles today, I eat burgers all the time. It's fine. If you have a huge appetite then eat more whole foods, and if you have a small appetite like me then eat more high calorie food.

That is not hard work at all. Going to the gym or working out in your garage is not even comparable to a real manual labor job. Quit your bitching dude.

>Gyms are expensive
Buy a power rack, olympic barbell + plates, rubber pad, and a bench and you will have the bases covered for a good weightlifting program.

If you are using machines you are wasting your time anyways. The only reason to go to a gym is if you don't have your own power rack and weights and have to use theirs. You should not be using machines unless you are just some yuppie who doesn't care about gains and real weightlifting programming.

Read Starting Strength and you will be able to do the exercises just fine without injuring yourself. Don't rely on youtube videos, read the book first, then you can supplement that with youtube videos after.

Your first year is when you see the most gains. Actually, you see the greatest gains in the first 6 months. Gains diminish over time, and you will make the most over the first year.

Quit your bitching and start lifting. You would not believe how much more confident you will be. It is very much worth it. If I had to go back to where I was before I would probably kill myself, but luckily lifting is always there for me.
>>
>>27047331
>it's expensive and risky to be on your feet 45 minutes a day

uhhh

so in your world, just 60 years ago everyone was not only rich as fuck, but good food did not exist? why is it that -*-*-FAT FUCKS WITH NO SELF CONTROL OVER ANY PART OF THEIR BODY WORTHLESS SCUM-*-*- believe that the only way to lose any weight is to follow the lifestyle of top models or professional athletes? Just ask your whore mother if she's not a lardass what she does, or pay attention to what your doctor says. all this calorie counting nonsense is fucked. eat less and be more active relative to what you did the week before, and wow it's like fucking magic you'll be in shape someday. CUNT
>>
>>27047660
>185
>not being a nancy faggot

Which one is it bud?
>>
>>27047572
in my country being "fit" is the bare minimum requirement to have a decent social/sex life

even if i got fit i would still be competeing with literally 75% of the men in the country

not worth it, i'd rather save all the hours i'd waste in the gym to work on my backlog
>>
>>27052766
lift weights and eat better food
>>
>>27049951

Asking for advice on any fitness forum will only make you confused. You ask a simple question and get 50 different answers with people arguing about which one is correct.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.