[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My therapist says I need a creative outlet. What should I take up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: nouvellevague-13.jpg (159 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
nouvellevague-13.jpg
159 KB, 1200x1800
I'm thinking of learning guitar , but I guess painting or some other hobby may be up my alley.

(mfw when I realise shitposting on r9k has been my sole creative outlet.)
>>
Try your hand at a trade. Woodworking, machining, welding, car stuff, etc. You might find something you enjoy doing and will eventually be good enough to get paid to do it.
>>
Guitar taunt bitches, so it's a great idea...
>>
>>27046933
Guitar is laborious so if your shit at sticking with things don't bother maybe learn to draw or paint or write
>>
>>27046933
What are some art forms that actually inspire you or that you can relate to?
>>
File: 1457448271275.jpg (74 KB, 740x746) Image search: [Google]
1457448271275.jpg
74 KB, 740x746
>try to learn hobbie cause mummy said my brain wpuld rot
>start it
>suck at it
>get even more frustrated and depressed
>>
Not overly creative, but try taking up gardening
>>
>>27046933
If you wanna take up drawing or the piano ill sell you the equipment i bought when i tried to buy into the creative hobby meme for cheap.
>>
>>27048037
IDK. I like listening to music , reading and watching sci-fi. Some of he sci-fi art is really trippy.
>>
>>27046933
Guitar makes it easy to know more people as long as you're decent and have good enough stuff.
However like >>27047917 said, you have to put some work into it, but honestly if you keep at it you can become pretty good, even without a teacher.
>>
>>27048319
>>27047917

What about digital painting on photoshop?
>>
>>27046933
I say learn to paint AND take up music.

Why not music with electronic leanings? All you'd need is a laptop and some software.
>>
>>27048342
Seems kinda hard to get I to that unless you develop a distinct style. It's pretty saturated.
>>
>>27046933
What you need is a better life anon, your therapist is full of shit.
>>
>>27048138
Well I would try art and music then. No reason you can't do both m8. I am a guitarist myself. Idk what kind of music you like or what instrument interests you but in my own experience with learning an instrument, it can be kind of discouraging at first because you can't play your favorite songs and you feel like you suck, but if you keep with it and practice everyday (you really only need to practice 10-30 minutes though more is better) then you will be proficient with in a month or two, and if you stick with it you could be really good in about 1-2 years. Whatever you do though just stick with it through the noob stage. When I first picked up the guitar I almost stopped playing it because I didn't like putting in the effort and not getting immediate results. I stuck with it though and found out I really enjoyed it. I've been playing daily for about 10 years and now I actually perform and make money with it pretty regularly.
>>
File: pepe101.jpg (279 KB, 1205x721) Image search: [Google]
pepe101.jpg
279 KB, 1205x721
You said you like to read, why not try your hand at writing?

Writing lets you enter another world where anything is possible, and allows you to develop that world to your will. Whatever you want to happen, happens. Maybe you could write your own power fantasy, or maybe you could tell a flawed story about a protagonist that tries and fails. Or maybe you can throw storytelling to the wind and just worldbuild to your hearts content.

And, if you feel confident in your writing, you could post some of it in a critique thread on /lit/ and see what they have to say about it. I'd say they're fair in their judgement.
>>
>fell for the creative outlet meme
>joined band in school
>just get yelled at by my band teacher never allowed on concerts
>try drawing
>I still can't draw past stick figures despite having art class
L-O-fucking-L
>>
Minecraft us actually good. Modded especially. If you actually take the time to make good shit and not autism cubes, it can be rewarding
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.