[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if someone stops responding, does that mean i won the argument?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1454285550414.jpg (9 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
1454285550414.jpg
9 KB, 263x192
if someone stops responding, does that mean i won the argument?
>>
No it means you lost the argument, because they know better than to argue with some ignorant faggot
>>
Or they just got tired of arguing with you. You're anonymous, so there's no rep to really be gained or lost by it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
A y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y l m a o
y
y
y
l
m
a
o
>>
Sometimes. Sometimes they just know you can't be reasoned with though or think you're trolling. It just depends
>>
either that or you said something so stupid and uninformed that it doesn't even warrant a response because you won't comprehend
>>
>>27045720
They probably just don't want to waste their time with somebody who is stupid
>>
Usually it means the other guy's realized he's either dealing with a troll or a retard and conversing further with either is a waste of time.

Judging by you making this thread you're the latter.
>>
>>27045720
No, it could be that they've refuted your arguments and you've yet to present new ones.
>>
>>27045720

Yes, yes it does, in most circumstances.

I was in an argument on /lit/ the other day that was about to turn un-civil. Worse, it was on a topic where I actually am knowledgeable, but not knowledgeable enough. I actually spent like an hour pulling like 4-5 books off my shelf related to the topic, and poked around the internet for any zingers to send back, but the more I looked and though about how to mount a reply, the more I realized my opponent really could BTFO of me with anything I'd try to throw back at him. So I literally just stopped replying. I was in kind of a pissy mood for the rest of the day.

But I've been on the winning side of this too, and it does feel pretty good when they actually stop talking. And you can tell when it's not due to annoyance with you, but because you have in fact actually won the intellectual point and they're pissed about it, just as I was pissed above.

Sometimes if it's really contentious and both sides stop for a while, the thread can slide and just about be off the catalog. More than once, when a thread has reached this state, I sage with a reply declaring victory for my side, maybe with a reiteration/closing argument. And then that's the last word in the thread, which will be archived elsewhere.
>>
>>27045720
Yes. Getting the last reply means victory.
>>
File: file.png (19 KB, 528x434) Image search: [Google]
file.png
19 KB, 528x434
yes
shut up robot
>>
>>27045720
We're on r9k, are any of us really winners?
>>
File: detailed wojak.jpg (25 KB, 515x600) Image search: [Google]
detailed wojak.jpg
25 KB, 515x600
If someone stops responding does that mean they dont love you anymore?
>>
File: 1456330486413.jpg (50 KB, 593x676) Image search: [Google]
1456330486413.jpg
50 KB, 593x676
you losers actually think you can change people by insulting them?

the only thing you losers will "win" in life, is by deluding yourselves that you won an argument online.
>>
>>27046192

yes

>>27045720

no they stopped caring enough to fight you
>>
>>27045861
what a loser.
disgusting.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>27047107
>zen comics

opinion disregarded
>>
>>27047214
i bet you feel now like you won the argument by insulting my intelligence and because i'll stop replying after this.
i bet you deluded yourself that you've changed me into a person your disgusting ego sees fit for me to be.
You must be feeling better about yourself now.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.