[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Johan Sebastian Bach Can we all agree that this fucker w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Johann_Sebastian_Bach.jpg (138 KB, 360x443) Image search: [Google]
Johann_Sebastian_Bach.jpg
138 KB, 360x443
>Johan Sebastian Bach
Can we all agree that this fucker wrote the most divine music in the history of mankind?
Even atheists are deeply moved by his works. Lately I've been listening to his organ music, and it really speaks to me on an existential level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_lcWj4DZWI
>>
He wrote good shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu_C_g8VoPE
>>
>>27045471
Fuck me, that organ is tuned half a tone higher than standard tuning.

His Toccata and Fugue is one of the most quoted music works in history. The guitar solo in Muse's "Uprising" quotes the fugue theme. As does Orochimaru's theme from the Naruto anime. There's also a Bleach theme quoting the toccata. I think there's even a reference in one of the Hunter x Hunter themes.
>>
He's good but Beethoven will always be top dog tbqhwyfam
>>
bach is great because he tried to capture euphoria in natural processes; that any love of god is precipitated by love of the order of the universe

this is why his music is good for godfearers and agnostics alike
>>
>>27045886
Bach beats Beethoven any day senpai. Mozart was close, but bach is still the best. But I have always prefered music from the Baroque era, so that's prob why.
>>
Johann Pachelbel for me wrote the most divine music.
>>
>>27046003
I know of nothing that can beat the likes of Beethoven's 3rd or the late quartets
>>
I think he was absolutely the best objectively.

He isn't usually peoples' favorite though.
>>
>>27045399
Why does his music always remind me of jazz? I'm convinced he's playing some sort of proto-jazz
>>
Daily reminder
russian classical music >>> generic german garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZAJz0Wpl64
>>
File: 1414284007016.jpg (28 KB, 400x422) Image search: [Google]
1414284007016.jpg
28 KB, 400x422
>>27046147
Bach was a great influence on jazz theory. He was very innovative for his time. He mastered chromaticism back when all the other composers were still struggling with simple non-major scales.
>>
>>27046147
Many of the big jazz pianists, from Oscar Peterson to Keith Jarrett, studied Bach thoroughly and advised their pupils to do the same. Some made performances and recordings of "The Well-Tempered Piano" - Jarret on a harpsichord, even. So it's not Bach that reminds you of jazz; it's jazz that reminds you of Bach.
>>
Bach makes very nice music wonder when his next mixtape gets released.
>>
>>27046277
official classical music power rankings (not counting modern music):
Generic Renaissance < generic vienna classical < medieval sacred music < secular baroque music < generic western romantic music < Mozart < generic Russian late-romantic music < Beethoven < Russian Orthodox Church music < J. S. Bach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q80wuUPb7V0
>>
File: sweating intensifies.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
sweating intensifies.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>>27046667
>mfw basses double down on that deep C far below the clef on the last chord
>>
>>27046340
>>27046305
Interesting. See blacks and whites can work together to create great things.
>>
my fave is chopin but i cannot argue with your choice OP

also, listening to classical music on LSD is fucking awesome, pic related
>>
File: IMG_20141127_145744270.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141127_145744270.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>27047309
god damnit forgot pic REEEEEEEE
>>
>>27045399
Beethoven is 10000000001 times better.
Darker, more passionate, melancholic and beautiful.
>>
>>27045399
I've been trying to figure out how sacred music works lately, and I've written some material for the organ inspired by Bach. Could I get your opinion on this compilation:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s040a5uxqWIZ
It's definitely rough and will need to be reworked but it should be enough to get an idea
>>
It's really some super basic shit tho anon in terms of composition. Classical music is from a time when we were transitioning from random goat fucker folk music to properly written ACTUAL music.

Compared to a lot of modern music it's just laughable.
>inb4 someone post top40s shit
>>
>>27047692
It was the best that could be done with the tools of the time, and in that regard it hasn't been surpassed.

You might like digital pieces with a thousand different tracks and effects and whatnot, but can't really compare them. It's like saying photoshop artists are better than renaissance artists.
>>
Bach's only fault is that he failed to work with the highest form of art, opera. For that reason, I prefer Wagner, Mozart, and Handel.
>>
>>27047021
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uQMCfqFr4XA
Check this out
>>
this thread is making me feel like a plebeian faggot, but if I may try to contribute, I think Vivaldi was pretty good
>>
>>27047692
Show me something modern that matches the structural and harmonic complexity of Eroica
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.