[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In this thread I will post quotations from the book "Heavier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: kurtcobain.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
kurtcobain.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
In this thread I will post quotations from the book "Heavier than Heaven: The Biography of Kurt Cobain" by Charles R. Cross.
>>
>>27044963
We're waiting
many originalities for the faggot robot
>>
I didn't realize the thread had posted.

On Kurt's personality overview

>"Kurt was a complicated, contradictory misanthrope, and what at times appeared to be an accidental revolution showed hints of careful orchestration."
p.2

On Kurt's reaction to his parents' arguments and eventual divorce

>""He thought it was his fault, and he shouldered much of the blame," observed Mari. "It was traumatic for Kurt, as he was everything he trusted in - his security, family, and his own maintenance - unravel in front of his eyes." Rather than outwardly express his anguish and grief, Kurt turned inward."
p.21
>>
>>27044963
Please fuck off with this chad in disguise. He lost his virginity at 17 to a Stacy.
>>
On a girl the same age as Kurt describing him as a child

>"[Lisa] Rock's observation of the nine-year-old Kurt as being "quiet" echoed a word that would be used repeatedly to describe him in adulthood. He was able to sit in silence for long stretched without feeling a need to make small talk [...] Post-divorce, he held himself with reserve, always waiting for the other person to make the first move."
p.22 / 23
>>
On Kurt's attitude towards his step mother and his 'new family'

>"Like all children, Kurt was a creature of routine and he enjoyed the structure of things like family night. But even this small comfort left him conflicted: He yearned for closeness while fearing being close would result in abandonment down the road. [...] He dealt with these many conflicting feelings by disassociating himself emotionally from Don and Wendy. He told himself and his friends that he hated them, and in this vitriol he was able to justify his own remoteness."
p.25
>>
Is this a meme based on that young Hitler thread on /lit/?

The one that got made into a popular meme here with the crying Wehrmacht soldier?
>>
Please bump the thread if you are interested.

On Kurt's feelings towards his mother and her boyfriend

>"Kurt was eleven that year, and small and scrawny, but he never felt as impotent or weak as when he was around Wendy's boyfriend. He was helpless to protect his mother, and the stress of watching these fights made him fear for her life and perhaps for his. He both pitied his mother and hated her for having to pity her. His parents had been his gods when he was younger - now they were fallen idols, false gods, and not to be trusted."
p.26
>>
>>27045718
This.
His biggest life "tragedy" was his parents divorce. Give me a fucking break.
>>
who gives a fuck
literally why do people still give a fuck

who cares about this dead fuck

thousands of people have overdosed on heroin since then why not talk about them

he was an average guitarist and a junkie wow amazing dude musical innovation teehee
>>
>>27045795
Not really trying to push a meme, but I am the same Anon who posted the quotations from the "The Young Hitler I Knew" book (and others since). I just find this format neat and I enjoy contributing to the "community" in this way.

On Kurt's school memories

>"his sense of loneliness increased. His athletic skills weren't sufficient to gain him notoriety in a large school, so he dropped out of sports. Combined with his own self-doubt from his fractured family and nomadic lifestyle, his retreat from the world continued. Later, Kurt would tell repeated tales of being beaten up in Aberdeen, and of the constant abuse he suffered at the hands of redneck high-school kids."
p.41
>>
>>27045882
This never happened. He had a ton of friends he would regularly do drugs with. Fuck off, he was never bullied.
>>
>>27045718
On Kurt's first sexual encounter

>"But underneath the surface, his hormones were raging. That same summer Kurt had what he'd later describe as his "first sexual encounter," with a developmentally disabled girl. As he reported in his journal, he pursued her only after becoming so depressed about the state of his life that he planned suicide. [...] "I decided within the next month that I'll not sit on my roof and think about jumping, but I'll actually kill myself. And I wasn't going out of this world without actually knowing what it is like to get laid." [...] He sat on the girl's lap and touched her breasts. She went into her bedroom and got undressed in front of him, but he found himself disgusted both with himself and with her. "I tried to fuck her, but I didn't know how," he wrote. "I got grossed out very heavily with how her vagina smelled and her sweat reeked, so I left".
p.47
>>
>>27045882
well keep doing it dont be a pussy
>>
>>27045959
Ha retards actually believe this. Funfact, the girl never existed, hell, buzz even wrote this rumor off. Keep reading a little further. It'll tell you about his experience with Stacy.
>>
On Kurt's attitude towards women during his teenage years

>"He hated Pat [his mom's boyfriend] even more, since the older man provided advice in a manner designed to point out Kurt's inadequacies. The two males in the household also differed on how hey thought women should be treated. "Pat was a womanizer," Kim [his sister] said, "and Kurt wasn't. Kurt was very respectful of women, even if he didn't have a lot of girlfriends. He was looking for someone to fall in love with."
p.52
>>
File: atari.png (1 MB, 711x907) Image search: [Google]
atari.png
1 MB, 711x907
>>27045996
ill bump the shills
>>
>>27044963
>writing a book about someone else's live

i can't even believe that shit is allowed
>>
>>27046053
>This beta cuck fuck got laid and ended up rich and famous and I don't exist

wew
>>
On Kurt getting kicked out of the home of a friend whose family had allowed him to live with them

>"During [his mother's] pregnancy Kurt stopped by the house once, and when Wendy saw how lost he looked, she broke down crying. Kurt got down on his knees, embraced his mother, and told her he was fine. [...] Kurt's dissociation came to a head in April, when he forgot his key one afternoon and kicked in a window to get in. That was the last straw for the Reeds, and they told Kurt he had to find another place to live. It was a rainy April that year in Grays Harbor, and while most kids his age were concerned with going to prom or preparing for graduation, Kurt was once again looking for shelter."
p.64
>>
>>27046053
you know, come as you are bioagraphy is better. cant stand charles cross lies. (mixed whit courney ones).
>>
>>27046148

because he was talented, you fucking mouth-breather
>>
On Kurt goofing around with his friend Jesse while living as a NEET

>"Jesse probably would have killed for Kurt, a fact Kurt took full advantage of. One day, Kurt announced they were both getting Mohawks. They marched down to the Shillingers, hair clippers were produced, and Jesse soon had a Mohawk. When it came time for Kurt's shave, he declared it was a dumb idea. "One time, Kurt said if he could write something on my forehead, I could write something on his," remembered Jesse. "He took permanent ink and wrote '666' on me, and then took off running. I was always the nitwit who everyone used to experiment on.""
p.67
>>
>>27046228
I haven't read the other book to compare unfortunately.

On the pattern Kurt followed in his dealings with people he cared for

>"It was a pattern he would play out his entire life: Rather than lose someone he cared for, he would withdraw first, usually by creating some mock conflict as a way of lessening the abandonment he felt was inevitable."
p.67
>>
On Kurt's disposition as described by an individual he briefly worked with installing carpets

>"Ryan would recognize a torment inside Kurt: "He was the shape of suicide. He looked like suicide, he walked like suicide, and he talked about suicide."
p.76
>>
>>27046319
wow
typical asshole chad faggot
glad he's dead
>>
>>27046319
based is based
>>
File: marander.jpg (9 KB, 216x252) Image search: [Google]
marander.jpg
9 KB, 216x252
On Kurt's first real girlfriend Tracy Marander

>""I had been flirting with him for quite a while," Tracy said. "I think he had a hard time believing a girl actually liked him." [...] He was instantly taken with her, though from the beginning he never felt like he deserved her. Even early in their relationship, these inner wounds and his pattern of withdrawal exhibited themselves. One of the first times they went to bed together, they lay in the afterglow of sex, when she commented, seeing him naked, "God, you are so skinny." Though she didn't know it, Tracy couldn't have said anything more hurtful. Kurt's response was to throw on his clothes and storm outside."
p.79
>>
I like these threads. Thanks OP.
>>
On Kurt's insecurity about his skinny frame

>"His size had been always been a matter of concern, and he'd write away to ads in the backs of magazines for weight-gain powders but they had little effect. "His hop bones stuck out and he had knobbly knees," Tracy recalled. "He didn't wear shorts unless it got really hot because he was so self-conscious about how skinny his legs were." For one trip to the beach, Kurt came dressed in long johns, a pair of Levi's, a second pair of Levi's worn over the first pair, a long-sleeved shirt, a t-shirt, and two sweatshirts. "He wanted to make himself look bigger," Tracy said."
p.91
>>
>>27046534
Fucking normalfag junkie
>>
On Kurt's daily routine while living as a NEET in Olympia

>"In Olympia, his inner artistic life was developing in ways that it had never before. Being unemployed, Kurt set in motion a routine that he would follow for the rest of his life. He would at around noon and eat a brunch of sorts. Kraft Macaroni and Cheese was his favorite food. Having tried other brands, his delicate palate had determined that when it came to processed cheese and pasta, Kraft had its role as the market leader. After eating, he would spend the rest of the day doing one of three things: watching television, which he did unceasingly; practising his guitar, which he did for hours a day, usually while watching TV; or creating some kind of art project."
p.90
>>
File: tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
I love how butthurt you fags are
You are really only mad because cobain isn't one of your nigger rappers you think are so deep and down.
I'm a honkey and I lived a harder life than any of them could have survived and you take their "feels"core garbage seriously.
at least Cobain was a little humble about it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.