[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acne feels thread. 23 here. Had great skin during high school.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Acne feels thread.

23 here. Had great skin during high school. Late bloomer mode, started getting more muscular and taller around the time I was 20. While I am more 'manly' looking, my acne has gotten worse.

It isn't so severe that I think I need accutane, but it is consistent enough to frustrate me constantly.

I eat 'clean' foods, avoid dairy as much as possible and drink lots of water in combination with frequent cardio exercise.

Wash my face twice a day with lukewarm water, a cleanser and end it with a splash of cold water.

When will it end?
>>
You arent taking any workout supplements are you? That shit is puberty in a bottle.
>>
>>27041061

Half scoop of whey mixed into my oatmeal.
>>
If it's depressing you enough to feel like this, just go on accutane. Mine was never 'severe', but it was bad enough to fuck me up in the head.
Look at the risks of accutane, weight them up, because it is serious shit that can give you severe health problems, in a small number of cases.
If you think it looks worth the risk, go for it. I was 27 when I took it and my self-esteem and life in general has improved drastically since.
>>
>>27041172

Can't commit to take taking it due to being outside most of the day.

My skin is pretty sensitive as is.
>>
>>27041017
Where is it? All over your face, on your back, or just in one area of your face?
>>
>severe cystic acne since 14
>didn't get on accutane until 23
>now have a face full of deep scarring
I look like an overgrown 16 year old. I want laser skin surgery so bad but it's ~$1400 (not covered by insurance) and I don't have a job.
Last friday some teenage girl said to her friend "oh my god look at that guy's face" and it ruined the little self esteem that I had.
Even if I fix my skin, I'd still obsess over my other flaws like poor teeth and small dick.
>>
>>27041233

Cheeks only
>>
File: IMG_20160309_122958511.jpg (893 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160309_122958511.jpg
893 KB, 1080x1920
I feel your pain OP

>Original comment
>>
>>27041294
Try taking a skin/hair supplement and easing up on the cardio. Wear sunscreen if you're outside most of the day. Try fapping less.

It also may not be dairy, dairy doesn't break everyone out. Starchy, high carb foods break other people out whereas dairy has no effect on them.

Also go to the doctor.
>>
>23
>5'6
>can't grow a beard
>acne still won't fuck off from my back chest and shoulders, occasionally on face too
I have spent almost half my life with this shit

inb4 some fuck suggests something I have already tried
>>
>>27041375
>Try fapping less

Does that really help?
>>
>>27041397
It fucks with your testosterone levels, so yes. Watch what you're eating too, the sodium levels of everything, etc.
>>
>>27041390
>occasionally on my face

Try ten years non-stop on your face and severe as shit. Fucking normie.
>>
>>27041454
>fapping fucks with your testosterone
Yeah I'm gonna need citation on that
>>
>>27041375

Only carbs I eat are oatmeal, sweet potato and fruits.

I know these aren't refined/processed, but could they still cause breakouts?
>>
guys, just get some peroxyde benzoyl twice a day. There is literally no reason not to. Yeah there are side effects like dry skin and you have to be careful to put clothes to your face or your hand so that you don't discolor it with the peroxyde, but you can get it without a prescription at a pharmacy and forget about something that cripples you socially.
It will work, no doubt about it, the other stuff is just a waste of time
>>
So ever since I've started shaving the little facial hair I have I've noticed that my acne has vastly improved. I did some research and it turns out that shaving exfoliates your skin.

I also wash my face with hot water to open my pores and follow with cold water to close your clean pores.

I honestly think diet or your testosterone levels have nothing to do with acne and it's all about hygiene
>>
>>27041552
Probably not.

Just go see a dermatologist and start taking supplements. I guess you need a better skincare routine. Start exfoliating like >>27041840 said, except with AHA and BHA acids, the derm will set stuff up for you. But honestly it's probably due to you being a late bloomer like you said.

I know it's a meme but check out /r/skincareaddiction on Reddit. It'll really help out in terms of establishing a better routine.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.