[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right? Are millenials just lazy and whiny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 30
File: file.png (33 KB, 789x172) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33 KB, 789x172
Is he right? Are millenials just lazy and whiny?
>>
And entitled too
>>
Who is millenial
>>
I am closer to his age desu
>>
File: 239852634.png (87 KB, 174x427) Image search: [Google]
239852634.png
87 KB, 174x427
>>27040302
Retards like him don't understand that times have simply changed. Back in the eighties or whatever he managed to get his foot in the door of a company which paid a livable wage; we cannot do this. Our wages are too low, our hours too long, and of course, there's so much competition even for entry-level positions that we get undercut constantly by others our age, especially the wetbacks who'll do the same work for half the price.

Boomers are delusional as fuck. They were born in a time of economic prosperity and they think that the minimal work they put into making a living would be applicable today.
>>
Most people in general are lazy and whiny.
>>
>>27040399
Average working hours are going DOWN you entitled milennial libturd. Go back to your /r/sandersforpresident circlejerk you fucking limp fag
>>
>>27040399
Don't forget that because there's so much competition for jobs, you need a bachelor's degree to even be considered. And that you're now a few dozen thousand dollars in debt.

(But if you go too far with your education, you're "overqualified" ;))))))
>>
>>27040466
And that's another thing. Companies are scared of paying full-time and overtime employees, so the most hours you can work weekly at most of these places is 39. That way you're considered "part time" and you therefore receive no benefits.
>>
Guaranteed this man has never worked hard in his life. People that actually work hard don't waste their time complaining about other people's problems because they're too busy holding down two jobs at once while bringing in less money than the average college student working at a restaurant.
>>
>asspained about being downvoted
Heh heh heh.
Reddit's weird mechanics and the emotional responses to them kind of amuse me.
>>
>>27040302
Is that guy crazy? America was so much less competitive and more economically prosperous in the past. It was so much easier to get a job back then with higher paying living wages.
>>
>>27040302
didnt his generation royally fuck the economy and job market?

or are recessions natrual
Genuinely curious , most likely going to read into it or something
>>
File: avy charlie brown.jpg (6 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
avy charlie brown.jpg
6 KB, 222x227
>>27040302
let's go through the flow chart for above minimum wage jobs that could get you a living salary

>do you have the appropriate college degree in a relevant field?
If no, into the trash.

>did someone else apply to the same job with your degree but 1 more year of experience than you?
if yes, into the trash your application go

>did someone apply to the same job with your same degree and experience but with a preference (veteran, disability, exotic ethnicity/woman or trans to show the company is diverse and an equal employer)
into the trash you go

>did someone apply to the same job you did but knows a guy who knows a guy who knows the boss (degree and experience don't matter here)?
into the trash you go

but hey, just work hard guys, if you don't make it you aren't working hard enough
>>
I don't get it, he saved money when he was young and you could actually save a huge bit as a blue collar worker because wages were comparatively higher than cost of living and now he's shitting on those not being able to get a job?
Back im the eighties a worker, even blue collar, was less than half as productive as today.
>>
>>27040302
He is partially right. If you work hard and don't waste money on luxuries you can live fairly comfortably doing most part-time, low skill or manual labor jobs. You can even get a very good salary if you take a dangerous job or learn a trade that is in high demand. The problem is that if anything happens you are fucked. Your health insurance would probably be shit (or Medicaid, implying that isn't shit). If your boss is a cunt and fires you because of office politics, you are fucked. Not to mention the fact that physically intense work takes a toll on your health which could lead to you getting buggered by insurance companies later on.
>>
Millenials are redditors who get offended when people call them names

That guy is also a reddtor who is pissed her didnt get good reddit karma from that post.

So in that the guy and millenials are both shit.
>>
He's absolutely right.
Is that even a real question? I thought /r9k/ hated normies and how vapid they are.
>>
>>27040302
He's 100% right. Jobs aren't harder to get. People now just feel entitled. They used to work full time through college and now kids whine about having part time jobs.
>>
>>27040498

Literally not true, bro.
>>
>>27040739

You're trying to skip the hard work part by assuming you are entitled to a good job. Start at shit jobs and work up, like they did.
>>
>>27040510
>Guaranteed this man has never worked hard in his life. People that actually work hard don't waste their time complaining about other people's problems because they're too busy holding down two jobs at once while bringing in less money than the average college student working at a restaurant.

This

Also lol @ olds who think they know anything about "millennials" or the hell they're living in

bl0x desu
>>
>>27040901
>like they did
lol
>>
>>27040901
>Start at shit jobs and work up, like they did.
You shouldn't start at the bottom if you've worked for a doctorate, I get saying that people feel too entitled, but you aren't supposed to start at shit jobs if you have a valuable degree.
>>
>>27040831
>He's 100% right. Jobs aren't harder to get. People now just feel entitled. They used to work full time through college and now kids whine about having part time jobs.

Have you ever actually seen someone do this or are you just memeing like a stupid faggot to suck up to your boomertard slave owners?

*imports millions of shitskins*
*ships tens if not hundreds of millions of jobs overseas*
*raises girls to be 'independent' whores and drugs boys into submission*
*buys every living space in the first world and explodes the price until it costs a quarter a million to own a fucking house*

hurr why are millennials not getting married just bee urself firm handshake
>>
>>27041001
You act like this and you can't get hired? I'm shocked.

Again with the entitlement. "Hard working people buy everything so I cant"
>>
>>27040997

Yes you are. Degrees aren't the same as experience. Your degree is worthless paper until you can apply everything.
>>
Why must everything always be a competition about who has had it the hardest or who has had the shittiest life?

Like you can't be a real person if you have not seen mass starvation or war first hand or lost a limb at work only to put a bandaid on it and keep working full fucking hours.

People always like to say that younger generations are shittier ones and have it more easy. There should probably be a word for the thing when you completely ignore the fact that someone elses experience of life is always 100% different than your is and based on that you feel it is justified for you to judge them and especially call them inferior in every consiveable way. Like you knew what it's like to be in another persons shoes.
>>
>>27041053
Most jobs that actually require experience are learned from trades.
You're not going to learn how to work in a lab by starting at the bottom and cleaning behind the higher ups.
>>
File: funnystupid.jpg (81 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
funnystupid.jpg
81 KB, 400x300
>>27040399
Typical stone-ignorant blatherings of Millennials
1) In the 1980's the unemployment rate was HIGHER than during the Recession.
Let me repeat that - the unemployment rate of the Great Recession was never as high as that of the 80's Recession that GenX had to deal with.
That guy? 43 years old = GenX
Pro-tip, nancy - there are very literally millions of jobs that have been open for more than 6 months with no one to fill them.
You want a job? Call up your Community College, ask about their CDL program and in 8 weeks you WILL have a job and you WILL be making a living wage.
>>
>>27040399
>43 years old
>Boomer
Fuck, you people ARE stupid
>>
DUDE FIRM HANDSHAKE AND A SMILE LMAO
>>
File: shut it.jpg (57 KB, 400x559) Image search: [Google]
shut it.jpg
57 KB, 400x559
>>27040530
>Oil shocks of the 1970's devastate America's economy and cost millions of jobs
>The Recession of the early 1980's was the greatest stock crash since the start of the Great Depression
>Inflation averaged, *averaged*, 7% in the '70's and hit 13% in the early '80's. Wages were stagnant throughout the period
>This is while American GDP was *SHRINKING*, meaning the economy was getting SMALLER, prices were rising at 13% due to inflation, wages were stagnant, and unemployment was higher than any time since the start of WWII
That, dumbass, is the world GenXers started looking for work in.
Fucking ignorant whiners
>>
>>27040997
>You shouldn't start at the bottom if you've worked for a doctorate
Citation needed
>>
nah he's just bragging and then bitching when it pisses people off
>>
You're all proving his point
>>
File: file.png (62 KB, 332x337) Image search: [Google]
file.png
62 KB, 332x337
>>27041507
and pic related is the world millenials live in
>>
>>27041053
>>27041534

He's right though, taking a job you are overqualified for ironically makes you less valuable.

>This guy has a Ph.D with a 3.8 GPA and he took an entry level position? What's wrong with him?
>>
Ones own happiness is the most important thing. I'll take living in poverty to get up and do whatever I'd like online anytime.
>>
Daily reminder that if you're older than a "millennial" and are on a chinese cartoon forum then you have no right to criticise anyone. Now take the time to actually look at the age bracket of what's considered to be a millennial.

I'm not sure what the housing and job market is like in America, but in Australia it's almost impossible for a young person to own (I use the term own loosely) a home. Especially for people like me who live in Sydney where the median house price is $1m.

Hopefully these boomers start to drop and let our parents take over, which will give us a bit more room to move up. And we're all eagerly awaiting for this housing bubble to pop.
>>
>>27041670
I'm 23, my parents ARE boomers.
>>
>>27041507
>>27041344
It's similarly bad but when you factor in the increased cost of living, low wages, increase in tuition, more competition (and more global too), non-slaves have never worked this hard in all of history as they do in an authoritarian capitalist system. Obviously it's not as bad living in America as an Asian country.

And I'm glad this guy is successful and has a house and whatever, but it's obvious he did nothing to help improve the situation of his community.
>>
Someone please tell me how exactly you're supposed to get a job.

My dad who's nearing 60 had a job lined up for him fresh out of high school, he told me literally the day he graduated he had a job.

I've been unemployed 3 years straight, On the dole doing 15~20 job applications a week meaning almost 3000 applications.
I've had 2 interviews so far, count them 2! - ~0.1%.
Youth unemployment rate is at 25% in my county,hundreds upon hundreds of people applying for every single position.

Reasons for not hiring me has pretty much been that they went with someone with higher education.
Do I really need to fall for the Uni-meme and get a engineering degree so I can sell tacos or what is the deal here?
Shit was supposed to be so easy "JUST get a job"
>>
>>27041698
I should have said baby boomers (i.e. boomers I). And if that's the case, then they had you late.
>>
>>27041698
I'm sorry for your lose.
>>
>>27040874
Except it is. Not that poster but the the last job I had was an entry level restaurant job, I applied for a full time position but the manager never gave me more than 38 hours a week to avoid giving me any kind of benefits on account of them being ''to expensive, not worth the hassle''
>>
File: laugh drink.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
laugh drink.gif
1 MB, 207x207
>>27041596
>"Sure, in the '80's the overall unemployment was twice what it is now, inflation was 13 TIMES higher than it is now, and the economy was shrinking, not growing, but college! So expensive!!!!"
Well, sunshine, here is how you fix that
1) Get good grades in high school
2) get a part time, entry-level, no experience level, min wage job in high school and save your pennies
3) Go to the state school for that land-grant college in-state tuition
4) Get grants and scholarships
5) take out a few loans
OR-
1) See #1 and #2, above
2) Get a trade cert at a community college
3) Get a well-paying job with tuition benefits
4) Go to college online for free
OR-
1) Join the military for the GI Bill
2) Spend 2-4 years gaining that vaunted 'work experience'
3) Go to college for free

top of my head.
>>
>>27040471

Kek, are you seriously too stupid to just lie on the application ? So much for that college degree amirite ?
>>
>>27041837
Problem is I'm crippled and got reactive arthritis. Can't get disability because mom pissed off the rheumatologist. in community college but might be failing one class because no internet at house.(homework is online and VERY involved).
what the fuck do?
>>
File: 1414519529814.jpg (351 KB, 593x564) Image search: [Google]
1414519529814.jpg
351 KB, 593x564
>tfw work blue collar in a skilled trade and make a lot of money
>never went to college
>at 22 years old I can afford to take a week and a half off and go to another country on a whim, without hemorrhaging my bank account
>mfw everyone else I know is freaking out because college is almost over for them and they have no job lined up and can only stare debt in the face for the next 20 years

I feel bad for them, but they all gave me shit when I decided I didn't want to go to college

look who's laughing now, normies
>>
File: retard kids.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
retard kids.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>27041719
>non-slaves have never worked this hard in all of history as they do in an authoritarian capitalist system
You're on arcanine where every other thread is about healthy, educated Westerners who sit at home collecting benefits because they are afraid of clouds and you have the temerity to suggest that slaves don't work as hard as modern white-collar workers?
See, this is one of the reasons Boomers, GenXers, and Gen Z types all agree Millennials are fucking retarded.
>>
>>27041800
what country? And what education do you have?
>>
>>27041883
>Lying because you don't want to seem overqualified to Tyrone the KFC manager.
Do you not see the problem with this? In the past it was about lying over qualifications that you don't actually have.
>>
>>27041837
What if ur 24 and a neet but want to get back into school?
>>
I've got an older coworker who's worked full time through his 20s and 30s. Now he's 37 and living with his parents. A super responsible guy, he doesn't even smoke or drink. The fact is that hard work and responsibility take you very far these days. It's just classic baby boomers being stuck in the past when everything was great before they fucked it all up.
>>
>>27041912
See another doctor on your own, obviously.
Talk to your teacher about shitty internet, use the computer lab at school
>>
I honestly hate old faggots and every day I dedicate a small amount of my aro meditation towards inflicting cardiac problems and various cancers on everyone above the age of 45

Fucking cancerous old fat pussies pig ignorant about how badly they've trashed their own nations
>>
>>27041970
Sweden, Highschool
>>
>>27041986
You're right but the people stuck in the past are the jobless millennials today who are trying to emulate the old boomer firm handshake and eye contact approach to getting a job instead of being entrepreneurs and self starters.
>>
>>27041919
Sounds familiar
>My oldest brother (I am in the last of 8 kids) is a total badass and him and his 'literally a genius' wife have 5 sons
>My nephews are certified geniuses and are all 6'4" or taller, blond, blue eyed, broad shouldered - they look like an SS squad
>Oldest nephew (just a little younger than me) says he is going to get a trade. My mom is upset, my dad is upset, lots of the cousins are confused, my brother just says 'it is up to him'
>Nephew's girlfriend breaks up with him when she goes to college, says '*I* want to develop my *intellect*!' or some shit. Nephew blows her off
>Now my nephew is 20, a certified marine diesel mechanic, and makes a shit ton of cash
>Last Fall he took a job on some yacht and got to sail to France as part of a crew where room and board were included and he was making *bank*
>His next older brother is doing the same, now
>At Christmas I was talking to him; he loves his work, is putting something like $20k a year in the bank already, is getting another certification in the Summer to, as he puts it, 'make some REAL money'
>I'm 24, year to go in uni, thinking of ditching it and getting certified, instead
>Anyway, he tells me that now one of the first things he tells girls he meets is 'I've never been to college' and if they shut him down, he breathes a sigh of relief. He says those girls are shallow gold-diggers
>>
File: 1453507807223.gif (872 KB, 285x200) Image search: [Google]
1453507807223.gif
872 KB, 285x200
>>27040302
>responsibility
>working hard
LMAOOOOO

Biggest fucking meme on Earth. Here's the reality: you don't owe anybody anything, you don't owe society anything, you don't even owe yourself anything. Life isn't a game, and it sure as fucking shit isn't fair.

Take what you can, without second thought. Don't apologize when the dice rolls in your favour. Sometimes hard work DOESN'T pay off, some times doing something illegal or "wrong" IS worth it, sometimes being lazy IS the best option, there are no real rules you need to follow.

The previous generations destroyed the cultural fabrics of western society, THEY were the ones who threw the rules out the window, they were the ones who decided we didn't need God, not us. We are just following their example, we are living in their wake of complete fucking ethical annihilation and degeneracy, and they have the nerve to tell US to follow the rules they actively sought to destroy in their lifetimes?

Fuck all of that shit, they ruined everything, they abolished gender roles, they abolished moral law, they abolished objectivity, the concept of "right and wrong", and now when they're frail and old they suddenly want all of it back. Well, too bad, you can starve and rot like the fucking selfish animals you are, this is the new world, the one YOU brought about, you have nobody to blame but yourselves for turning mankind into roving hyenas. So you will listen to us whine, you will tolerate our entitlement, you will deal with our lack of morals and responsibility.

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT YOU OLD BASTARDS
ALL. YOUR. FAULT.
>>
>>27041800
>>27042108
The most important thing is the volume of applications you're sending out, unfortunately this is limited by the number of businesses in your area. You can increase this by lengthening your commute if you're willing to spend two hours driving or riding the bus or whatever every day. Apply everywhere you can and continue monitoring for new job posts online and when you're just driving around.

Tell people you're looking for work. Parents, siblings, cousins, friends, the cashier at the grocery store you frequent, whoever. Then if they see or hear about an opening they can tell you. Nepotism plays a big part in this sometimes which unfortunately makes it hard for antisocial types.
>>
>>27040874
>Literally not true, bro.

It "literally" is true, you fucking faggot. Look up temp contracting or just go outside your boathouse for once you stupid old piece of shit.
>>
>>27042108
Pfft.
Not even hard.
Find out how to receive training as a bricklayer. Or, if you hate that, HVAC or crane operator.
>>
>>27041978
That't the thing though man, you're whining because you're too proud to play the game and as a result its playing you. You're the one applying with the hopes of getting the interview with Tyrone so it's YOU who has to tweak his resume to ensure that you get the job. Yea it sucks that you put your degree to good use but at the end of the day playing the game correctly is on you.
>>
>>27042130
The only example of a modern entrepreneur I can think of would be the lucky dev that makes some shitty app and makes a bunch of money. Or some kickstarter scam, or youtube celebrity. None of these things are practical for the average person. Likewise we can't just start a business with a small loan of a million dollars because we ain't got no fuckin' money dude and you'd better believe we'd get trampled on by omnipotent mega corporations that own literally everything in modern society.
>>
>>27040302
I don't know why this makes millenials so mad when it's true. I'm a millenial NEET who spends all day on the Internet and I need instant gratification or else I'll go crazy, but I know it's my own choice and I could choose to "work hard" and get a wageslave job if I really wanted to. But my parents take care of me and I get to do whatever I want all day, so why would I?
>>
>>27040302

I'm 26 and I've saved 40k in approximately 2 years of working the full time job I finally got. But the only way I've saved so much is being frugal as fuck and living with my parents. I'd be scraping by on my own and living in my own house/apartment.

He's right in some respects. Lots of millenials are lazy, but previous generations had much more of an advantage with less of a cost of living and more and better job opportunities.
>>
>/pol/ calling people they don't like lazy millennials
>When they themselves are one but want to piggyback off the previous generation's work instead
Wew lad
>>
>>27040901
>by assuming you are entitled to a good job
actually, on my university's website it says that my degree is worth $45k a year, so I'm not assuming anything.
>>
File: US_Unemployment_1890-2009.gif (24 KB, 796x416) Image search: [Google]
US_Unemployment_1890-2009.gif
24 KB, 796x416
>>27041344
>Let me repeat that - the unemployment rate of the Great Recession was never as high as that of the 80's Recession that GenX had to deal with.
wot
>>
>>27042164
Sounds like he's a smart dude. I'm not saying college is an awful choice by any means, but I think it's silly to disregard the trades or blue collar work in general. My brothers are both going to college and I'm happy for them, but I personally love my job and the money I make is just a cool side effect.
>>
>>27042434
>I can't read a chart, the post
>>
>>27042215
this desu. Older generations love to shit on millenials without realizing that we don't create the society we live in, we're born into it.
>>
>>27042533
2010 is exactly the same (maybe even slightly higher) than between 1980 and 1985. Buy some new glasses,a non.
>>
>>27042220
>>27042251

Thanks senpaitachi, perhaps I can ask my wrangler at the unemployment office if they allow/offer/know about training and such.
something's gotta change.
>>
>>27042575
You could also try temp work, it's normally bottom of the barrel stuff though like busting your ass sorting packages at the post office for the three months they're the busiest then getting fired after Christmas. Or even just volunteer work. It sounds bad but you can do it as little as an hour a week or two hours a month or whatever and the experience still applies. Basically it shows initiative to employers and shows that at least you can do basic shit.
>>
>>27040302
>writes off an entire generation of people as "entitled"
>believes he is automatically entitled to respect because he successfully raised a family -- perhaps the most basic, pleb tier function of a human male
>>
>>27040399
43 year olds aren't boomers
>>
>>27040901
Let's be real here though. You can't always work up from shit jobs. Some jobs just have zero opportunity and don't pay a liveable wage. Not everyone can afford to live with mommy and daddy while being paid shit.
>>
>>27040302
back in the 80's you could just go to a bank and ask for a job and they would teach you all the shit but now it doesnt work that way, you gotta get 4 degrees just to be considered
>>
>>27042561
>Using a chart that estimates the unemployment rate for a date 6 years in the past
You are a special flavor of sim, you know that?
>Bureau of Labor Statistics
>Unemployment rate in 1983 [worst of that recession] = 10.3%
>Unemployment rate rate in 2010 [worst of that recession] 9.6%
>>
>>27042753
From Employment Requirements at the Bureau of Labor Statistics
>Educational Requirements
>Bank teller positions require a high school diploma or GED. A college degree isn't necessary to find work, but a 2-year associate or 4-year bachelor's degree in math, finance or business might help one get promoted.
>>
>>27042801
It's estimating the rate for 2010 because the chart was made in 2009. Are you genuinely mentally handicapped?
>>
>>27040302
As a newly graduated dentist guy is right most fags with me wouldn't even consider moving to a small town where their job is even though you get paid more. More jobs for me I suppose.
>>
>>27042685
To be fair retiring that early with no college degree is impressive still a massive dildo
>>
File: troll police.jpg (31 KB, 599x314) Image search: [Google]
troll police.jpg
31 KB, 599x314
>>27042856
Listen. Dimwit.
I mean really -pay attention-.
This is the year 2016 - it is a 15 second google search to find the *ACTUAL* unemployment rate for 6 years ago!
I mean, seriously?
There is NO WAY you are actually that fucking stupid, is there?
>>
File: friedrich_nietzsche_quote_4.jpg (63 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
friedrich_nietzsche_quote_4.jpg
63 KB, 500x300
>>27040302
i'm 23,
I live in an exclusive neighbourhood
I am currently overseas but still in the EU
I work 16h a week
I have a B.Sc.
Went through a gifted program and advanced a year, 99% maths scores/ 3x advanced science, 100% history/social sciences/96% philosophy etc
I will have M.Sc, and probably a P.h.d in science/tech before 30, then likely an mba and 5+ languages, 15+ programming languages and 15,000+ books/articles before 35

I will never be able to afford marriage, let alone children

Any woman who isn't a prostitute 300+ sexual partners slut demands at least a 400k gbp home, that needs to be paid off, then you need the 1.6m GBP (4m usd) to pay for the child and next 25 years of marriage.

this is for a 4/10, 30 y/o woman who looks like a dog, has a masters but is a complete idiot when it comes to STEM, and knows nothing about my lifes work...computational neuroscience/ AI. knows nothing about social skills, nor reality/non pseudoscience

The woman will also have no child rearing skills and will cost an extra 20h a week ontop of the 120h/week I currently work and will be able to maintain for the next 20 years.

I am beyond normal fitness and intelligence,

I had a pretty good upbringing, my parents are well educated and I was raised in London, England.

There is no fucking way I can marry, nor have children, nor pursue a woman who isn't a slut/prostitute.

Neither would I want to.

My parents generation could have 10 homes for what I pay
>>
>>27042685
>the most basic, pleb tier function of a human male
....and yet 95% of arcanine can't even get a girl to hold their hand
>Maybe that shit is harder than you think, spanky
>>
>>27042940
Why is it so important for your wife to have the same specialized knowledge as you?
>>
>>27042940
Here is my problem with your estimates
1) Europe is home to millions if middle class families that have children.
2) According to the EU the majority of children in the EU no NOT live in poverty
Now, the math here is very simple - if the majority of people are not rich (and they aren't) AND the majority of children are not living in poverty (and they aren't) that must mean that =
Having children isn't that expensive.
Don't get me wrong - someone who is willing to go to university of 17 years so he can get two masters degrees is obviously a little... odd in his outlook on family, but if , *if*, what you were saying is true then there wouldn't be millions of truck drivers, police officers, musicians, and janitors who are both
A) parents and
B) not on the dole
Then again, you think there is a dichotomy where only gold diggers or prostitutes exist, so....
>>
>>27042920
>This is the year 2016 - it is a 15 second google search to find the *ACTUAL* unemployment rate for 6 years ago!
If it's that easy, why did you quote the height of the 2010's unemployment as 9.6% and not 9.9%?
>>
>>27043162
Because I used the BLS official statistics, as referenced.
You still squinting at a 7 year old chart?
>>
>>27043216
>Because I used the BLS official statistics, as referenced.
So did I. According to BLS statistics, it reached a high of 9.9% in 2010.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
>>
File: 1446520177337.jpg (270 KB, 850x1201) Image search: [Google]
1446520177337.jpg
270 KB, 850x1201
Look at the URL in the bar.
Do you notice how it says "4chan" and not "reddit"?
If you want to talk about reddit and discussions on reddit then which do you think is the best choice?
>>
>>27043101
why on earth would I spend 20h a week on a wet hole...

by 30-40 prime earning years i will be making enough to buy top tier pussy for .2 of an hour.

A cleaner for .001 of that, and if the 3rd worlders keep coming in my food will be cooked an cheaper than a cleaner.

I want a woman to actually help me, not be a charity case. I have all kinds of fucked up mental problems from my IQ/personality and science/math obsessions/powers.

I'm doing better than 99% of my generation on paper but inside its crushing, a partner in my torment seems to be the threshold variance in my suicide equation.

>>27043154
there are millions of 1%er kids and aristocrat kids who inherited 3-20m or more euros in europe. so of course they are now the new middle class families, where the man plays video games, the mother goes to work full time. the man inherited the money.

The EU has a different poverty scale and a different "standard" of living.

The difference between inheriting 5m euros and inheriting short stature, debt, poor education makes the latter seem far worse than poverty.

those blue collar plebs/slaves have children with prostitutes/sluts and most of them are raising wealthy college mens children unknowingly.

They also have daughters who they will sell to the rich men, and the males will not reproduce unless with a slut who is worthless anyway.
>>
are people actually trolling when they say its easier to get an entry level job today than it was in 1970?

Stop falling for the contrarian trolls, its pretty obvious shit sucks right now so saying shits good is just a troll to get responses.

Though I've met rich kids of parents who hooked them up with great jobs and paid for their education and they don't even know what its like for someone without all that. Kind of funny how normies refuse to acknowledge how luck determines a lot of life.
>>
File: top kek.jpg (17 KB, 216x209) Image search: [Google]
top kek.jpg
17 KB, 216x209
>>27043313
>I have all kinds of fucked up mental problems from my IQ/personality and science/math obsessions/powers.

are you being serious right now?
>>
File: 1454922292432.png (43 KB, 706x669) Image search: [Google]
1454922292432.png
43 KB, 706x669
>>27043313
>I want a woman to actually help me, not be a charity case. I have all kinds of fucked up mental problems from my IQ/personality and science/math obsessions/powers.
>I'm doing better than 99% of my generation on paper but inside its crushing, a partner in my torment seems to be the threshold variance in my suicide equation.
>>
>>27040874
It is, I've worked at McDonald's and Walmart and both of them did exactly this.
>>
>>27043410
>have conversation with 10 different people
>all ages
>all genders/races
>all spectrum's
>its like I'm at the panopticon window, peering through frosted glass,
>looking down at the children playing

This isn't good for mental health

The chimps that leave the group are often preyed upon by other groups and their native group. Murdered.
>>
>>27040302
>didn't have to go to college
>worked a job unburdened by inflation, recession and depression (economic not mental)
>hurr durr these kids cry about having to spend thousands to go to college just to get a job that pays half as much as what i got without college and make 5 times as much to afford a home why are they so entitled!?!?!
>>
>>27043313
>why on earth would I spend 20h a week on a wet hole...
Because women are people and can be good companions. You seem to feel that you need a companion to soothe you personal issues yet you are so vehemently against getting married. If you are as smart as you say you are then you should recognise how irrational you are being.

I think you are putting up too many artificial barriers to getting a girlfriend (and eventually a wife).
You don't have to wait until you are a PhD millionaire to pursue serious romantic relationships. You should do that now when the cost of failing is low.
You don't have to be scared of gold digging whores because you can learn to read women's intentions from their behaviour. If you don't have this skill as yet you can always learn, there are numerous books and websites devoted to the topic.
You don't have to settle for unmotherly, useless uggos using your observation. This is extremely simple. If a woman keeps her place dirty, acts selfishly/rudely, over indulges and doesn't take care of her body you can bet she isn't going to be a good wife.
>>
>>27043309
Why the fuck are men attracted to penises?
>>
He is a special case though.

Most people his age are 40k-200k in debt so it has nothing to do with him not being a millennial.
>>
Boomers can go die.

My father has worked his ass off to the point of near-exhaustion all his life.
From his very early 20s onwards until now and almost nothing has changed.
Faggots like the piece of shit boomer in OPs pic are either downright lying or have been handed at least SOMETHING in their life on a plate.

If you're from my background of a barely middle class family then you will literally never make it. It's just not possible.
My father is in his 40s now and he still works 6 days a week night shifts. We're neck deep in debt and can't even afford cable TV. We only buy food on a discount and I don't remember the last time we happily and comfortably spent time together as a family either on holiday or somewhere away from all the problems.

Mind you he has always been working consistently and recently we had to move home because the faggot landlord decided to sell the house we were living at.

We now rent a smaller yet more expensive house. It's a two bedroom + a tiny 'office' room in which I sleep in. My two sisters share one, and my parents live in the other.
The rent is roughly the USD equivalent of $2000 a month, I don't even want to know how much he makes, not only because I feel guilty for not working and contributing to this but because half of me just doesn't want to think about it and the fact that no matter how hard you work it all goes down the drain when the council or tax collectors come trying to kick your door down as intimidation tactics and to try and make you pay extra interest for a small payment you missed or paid a few days too late.

We literally have it the worst.

These faggots don't have a clue what it's like to live every day with the thought of losing every single thing you've wasted 20+ overworked years working for just to make a living for yourself.
>>
>>27043748
Actually scrap that, we're not even a middle class family in our origins.

I remember growing up as a kid having no running water and hearing mice scuttle across the floor at night.
Growing our own food because we had no money to pay for anything, living in fucking poverty.
We moved to this country for a 'better' life, and the improvement may as well be negated by all the bullshit we have to deal with.
>>
>>27043748
>6 days a week night shifts

either your father is a 3rd world sub 60iq, or you're white trash

no one respectable would take a night shift job in the first place.

thats worse than slavery.

>4 kids
>night shift worse than slavery job
idiot...

also no one who works a night shift does anything worth shit, a trained monkey can do your fathers job.
>>
>>27043827
>no one respectable would take a night shift job in the first place.
Night shifts working on the London Underground are pretty okay. They only shut off the electricity from 2am to 4am, so that's the only time you can perform maintenance on the tracks anyway.
>>
boomers don't give a fuck about facts, with them its only "WORK HARD UNTIL YOU MAKE IT"

sure boomer, did you know i have to work 3 times the years to buy the same house that you have??
>>
>>27043863
400x worse than slavery,

even slaves wern't forced to work night shifts because they fucking kill you

your employer doesn't give a fuck because there are millions more idiots who can barely read their own name to do it.

I don't have time to lecture you on the medicals but working late evening/night kills you... its like working 800-2000h weeks in terms of the toll it takes on your body
>>
>>27043665
men are attracted to things generally related to the successful seeding of fertile women, which involves looking at their penis at one point
>>
>>27043313
>I'm doing better than 99% of my generation on paper but inside its crushing,

welcome to the real world, you fucking arrogant self-absorbed faggot prick.
>>
>>27043827
a trained monkey could do any job ya dumb bastard
>>
>>27040302
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/07/revealed-30-year-economic-betrayal-dragging-down-generation-y-income
>today's young people are not delaying adulthood because they are - as the Jew Yorker once put it - "the most indulged young people in the history of the world." Instead, it appears they are not hitting the basic stages of adulthood at the same time as previous generations because such milestones are so much more costly and in some cases they are even being paid les than their parents were at the same age.

>Where 30 years ago young adults used to earn more than national averages, now in many countries they have slumped to earning as much as 20% below their average compatriot. Pensioners by comparison have seen income soar.

>"We've never had, since the dawn of capitalism really, this situation of a population that is ageing so much and in some countries also shrinking, and we just don't know whether we can continue growing the economy in the same way we once have," said Prof. Diane Coyle, an economist and former UK Treasury advisor.

>In the US, under-30s are now poorer than retired people.

tl;dr: that 43 year old asshole made more money in his 20s than any robot reading this post could ever hope to make, not because of work ethic but because of the post WWII economic boom and because entry-level jobs weren't being aggressively outsourced.
>>
>>27043544
you sound like an asshole.
even if you're really that gifted (I highly doubt that) that means you're pretty much just pulling the "misunderstood savant" meme out of your ass in front of us. you're probably autistic and even worse with a superiority complex and some social skills that lay barren because you can't even apply them for whatever reason others or you have.
>>
>>27043924
It pays well though.
>>
just
work
harder
gosh I can't even
so fuckin entitled
>>
>>27044011
that's gay and you know it
>>
>>27043924
You know you can sleep in daytime too right? Working at night doesn't mean never sleeping.
>>
>>27041344
>You want a job? Call up your Community College, ask about their CDL program and in 8 weeks you WILL have a job and you WILL be making a living wage.

The delusion is cute.

I look at job listings daily, there are assistant management positions at reputable big-name stores that make you 20k a year before taxes.
Being a personal banker? 17k a year b/tax
Delivery driver? 20-25k
Warehouse/factory job? 15-20

My uncle is in his late 40s or early 50s, he's the embodiment of a blue collar worker. Works a 7 to 4 during the week, does extra freelance carpeting or building work in the evening or on weekends.
He's done this most of his adult life, and only with the assistance of his daughters was he able to put down the deposit together on a small unfurnished broken down house in a shit area.
He had to rebuild then refurnish the entire place.

How and why would this give me any sort of incentive to do the same? I have no intention of starting a family, I don't want to work my fucking ass off all my life for scraps and fight tooth and nail not even for land but just for a house with a small enough garden to call your own place only to have some fucking white lower class piece of shit junkie break into my shit or some illegal immigrant fuck squatters to ruin the hard work.
Or the tax collectors or government to come shit on me and try to take it all away, because insignificant payments that are a 0.0001pc drop in the income of the community or council or whatever fuck jew fuck the money goes to is SO much more important over social integrity and the treatment of your middle class workers.

>>27043924
He had been working day shifts for the last couple years, until the place he was working at got shut down because the owner wasn't paying any bills and wasn't paying his employees.
That's when we fell behind even more with money.
He couldn't find work for months after that so he took the first thing to come his way.
>>
>>27044272
i average like 35h of sleep a week how bad is that?
>>
>>27044279
why the fuck dont you niggers have any skills? it took only an 8 month class straight out of highschool to become a radio technician, i make 85-105k a year
>>
>>27044272
And this too.

I'm half assedly looking for work, and I'm really hoping to just find some robot-tier warehouse or stock re-filling job or that's night-shifts but isn't minimum wage.

I can't stand being out during the day, it makes me feel sick and so self conscious that I nearly spill my spaghetti everywhere.
>>
I worked too hard so now I'm upset that Millennials aren't doing the same as me.
>>
No. The economy is awful and literally no job that is livable and hiring is possible without some kind of higher education.

Want to weld for a living, have been since you were 12 and can do it blind and deaf? Still need to go to a tech school. And welding will give you the cancer, or make you go blind, or worse if a recruit screws up.

People are killing themselves and families are falling apart here in Alberta, to say it's because of 'lazy millennials' is moronic.
Those millennials have to go to college because every crapjob is being done by an immigrant.

But because the economy is doing so poorly, going to college is a gamble and the debt will still screw you in 9/10 cases (about 50k for the education portion of a degree here alone; not even mentioning living expenses.)

Did I mention the housing market is basically non-existent? If you want a house that won't get you raped and murdered at night, or won't cause you to freeze to death in the winter, or have any family at all you will be paying about 1200-1500 CND a month for rent alone. And the buying price is too high because of sudden increases in population and very few large cities. The third largest city in the province only recently became an official city. There is not enough room.
>>
>>27043656
>Because women are people and can be good companions

not even that sperg but top kek
>>
>>27040302
People of all groups today in general are inherently lazier, more sensitive, and self loathing. I'd like to think the fault is that theres no experiential crisis going on outside a mass movement to redefine social appropriation and social culture, at least as far as first world countries go. Then we have a easily accessed welfare system and even now with countries like Canada, Sweden, and Finland who want to integrate programs to just give everyone enough money to pay basic living expenses so thats bound to reduce the desire and need to work/ect. The sufferage class isn't as high as it use to be. People feel entitled to these programs and benefits. The education system doesn't teach people how to live either, just teach standard academia that limits you to behave a certain way by staple and to enjoy working for cooperate all your life. I feel like the average person has a hard time to recognizing opportunity, the realization that no ones equal and to make the best of it, their rights in their own constitution, and and how to break free of the paycheck to paycheck mind.
>>
File: kek.png (18 KB, 532x207) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
18 KB, 532x207
>>27044331
Getting any sort of skill costs and takes time.

From what I know my father was going for some good-earning shit before he was even 20, but ditched it in favor of working with his father at a shop and the faggot fucked over his own son.

That + he fucked my mom too early so instead of pursuing whatever he wanted to do he had to get a random ass job that pretty much sealed his fate.

I personally couldn't care less for myself because I don't ever want kids and I'm terrible at anything academic.
My attention span is shit and I hate studying and all my doors are closed.
I'd like to be a mechanic or something but even that only pays 20-25k a year so I might as well work a shit job for a year or two and get my license and then do delivery work, or get a HGV license if I find the time and get 30-40k a year driving big ass trucks.

That's the only reason why I haven't topped myself yet... you're better off working shit job after shit job and then finding something comfortable for decent pay than going for a 'trade' or to uni.

It doesn't work like that here in the UK.

I hear you USA fags always talk about 'lmao bro i went to community college and make 60k a year'

'yeah dude i did trade school and i make 100k starting xD time to buy a brand new porsche'

For most of that shit you need to go to uni first, and sorry to say my parent's didn't have 9k or however much to throw my way just so I can go do drugs with other hipster kids and scrape thru classes and smoke weed in dorm rooms then walk away with a 50k starting job.
>>
File: 1428125042605.png (29 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1428125042605.png
29 KB, 645x773
>>27044503
>someone suggests taking up a trade because it pays so well (in the USA)
>look up average pay in the UK
>literally 1/3rd the amount
>>
File: top memes.png (27 KB, 360x377) Image search: [Google]
top memes.png
27 KB, 360x377
>>27044596
exactly senpai

>>27044331
nice meme salary btw
>>
>>27044645
>>27044596

As a bong I think the problem is that we are still much more strictly class based instead of "mercantile"

I don't like it but it is what it is I guess

Some trades that make USA-level money are offshoring and piloting, but both are extremely hard and offshoring is dangerous as fuck
>>
>>27043313
>I have all kinds of fucked up mental problems from my IQ/personality and science/math obsessions/powers.
LOL.
Research into children with high IQ (*actual* high IQ as in 145+) found that people win the Highly Gifted and Genius ranges of IQ typically had BETTER social skills, were BETTER at interpersonal relations, and were MORE likely to have healthy relationships
In contrast, people with average IQ (95-110 range) that suffered from OCD, Bipolar Disorder, or with BPD often had a combination of:
A) poor social skills, an inability to form interpersonal relations, and
B) were very likely to over-estimate their own IQ by up to 2 standard deviations.
The second group were also likely to focus on signalling themselves as 'very intelligent' in their speech, choice of college major, a focus on continuing their education rather than real-world accomplishments, and being far more likely to read than to write new research.
>Dr. Ruf and Dr. Wilson
Guess which group you sound like?

Guess which one you sound like?
>>
>>27043313
>there are millions of 1%er kids and aristocrat kids who inherited 3-20m or more euros in europe
So you are actually trying to claim that the European Middle Class is made up of lazy vidya playing cucks who all inherited millions?
>>
>>27043544
Man.
Not only are you not that smart you don't even know any truly smart people.
What you are describing is actually what stupid people *think* smart people are like.
>>
>>27043748
>OP is 43, meaning he is a Generation X, not a Boomer
>Your dad is the same age, roughly, and is also Gen X
>>
>there are millions of 1%er kids and aristocrat kids who inherited 3-20m or more euros in europe. so of course they are now the new middle class families, where the man plays video games, the mother goes to work full time. the man inherited the money.
>The EU has a different poverty scale and a different "standard" of living.

>aristocrat millionaire family kids
>being middle class
>playing video games and mother working

What the fuck are you talking about rofl go take your lithium
>>
>>27040302
>happy
>married with kids
pick one.
>>
>>27044843
Well I guess Europe is literally yuropoor in that case and we can't just walk into a job that will pay enough for you to retire at 40.

I've never heard of that in my life.

You would have to be a 140IQ chad ubermensch with close family ties to businesses and good relations as well as the PERFECT upbringing & a private education to even get a sniff at anything over 50k a year

And even that isn't shit because at that point you get taxed 40% and you still have to pay $2000 a month for rent & bills, not even including taxes.

It's not a thing.

The best thing to do is just to not get married.
>>
File: 1456198675432.png (437 KB, 654x473) Image search: [Google]
1456198675432.png
437 KB, 654x473
>>27040874
>bro
the exit is over there....
>>
File: neckbeardknowles.jpg (30 KB, 400x257) Image search: [Google]
neckbeardknowles.jpg
30 KB, 400x257
>>27044279
>Waaaaah! I have to have work experience before I can get a high-paying job!
>Hey, do this simple course, you will get a a job and you can earn that experience!
>WAAAAH! That job won't pay as much sa I want!
BTW, according to the BLS average first year pay for someone with a CDL is $40,000 and according to College Placement and the Teamsters 99% of CDL course graduates are employed within a week of earning their certificate.
>I do, however, love how I mentioned 'Get a CDL' and you rattle off a bunch of jobs that require no specialized training or certifications whatsoever
>>
>>27044950
this.
there are no more "happy families" every husband now is a cuck, every wife a hag, and every child a shit.

Why would I give up living in a van and having the world to see for some stupid pointless document?
>>
>>27044432
see
>>27045047
A CDL takes 6-8 weeks, doesn't cost much, and a lot of times you will be hired BEFORE you finish and they will pay for the training.
When you are done first year CDL drivers average $40k/year
Why do I harp on it?
Because it is true and the local training center sometimes has classes with NO ONE IN THEM
>>
>>27044736
i'm not sure on the validity of the study. it's not like they can conduct this over all high iq kids. someone i knew who was genius, smart enough to graduate three years early and have the state pay for his college tuition, was extremely anti-social as a kid. he had the ability to make friends just had terrible relationship skills and would was off-putting to most. he could be an outlier but i'm sure there are studies saying many high iq children in teh public schooling system don't integrate socially as well as average iq students.

also the second group has personality disorders of course they're going to have a harder times with them things it's probably more due to their disorder then their iq.
>>
>>27044755
the current generation are gifting more than 5000 billion USD to their children....

less than 60%will get anything more than 1k
>>
There's no such thing as """"""CDL"""""" in the UK.

There's no such thing as 40k first year pay here for anyone.

Keep living in a fantasy world.
>>
>>27045111
>>27044950
>Go to church: see many young couples in their 20's with kids. All are happy and smiling
>Go to the store: young couples in their 20's with kids, all happy and smiling
>Go to /r9k/: virgins tell me those people don't exist
Never change, guys.
Never change.
>>
my goal is to make my own money. not work for someone. don't mistake that for refusing to work for company or someone i realize that's teh start i need and i'm actually currently employed about to start as a cashier.

ultimately i'd like to start a business of some sort then learn personal finance on and invest to run it up.

also as millennial i realize never in any time period did wealth come easy if it was easy to accrue capital and a networth everyone would be rich not just 10% of the worlds population. just the reality of resource competition.
>>
>I'm hard working man so that means my whole generation is like me!
>You are young and don't like the way the world looks like so you are whiny and lazy!

How can people still make generation wars it's been going on for ages. The only reason why old generations looks better than young ones is because losers usually die out somewhere near the age of 30 leaving only succesful people to tell their story.
>>
>>27045280
I just looked it up, truck driver? Really?

That's like 30k starting 40k max, better than an average meme job but who cares.
>>
>>27045314
Yeah they're happy with their little shit nosed QT3.14 kids until they go through puberty and starting growing into teenagers and their parents realise they haven't taught them a single life lesson or helped them ease into the adult life in any way possible.
Then mommy and daddy just hope with crossed fingers that little Charlie will go through school a good little obedient boy and get good grades and go into a suicidal soul sucking office job like a good little cuck.

t. millenial
>>
>>27045368
that was actually something i thought about doing is drive a truck for like three years (wouldn't want to do it any longer) saving all the money. then use that money to start my businesses.

have't quite decided to do it but as for a truck driver it's a very unhealthy lifestyle. dispatchers run you ragged so you're are averaging like 5hrs of sleep, you're sitting the majority of your time, and it's hard to have a good diet.

would only do for a couple years to save a decent sum of money.
>>
>>27045325
lel good luck with that as you come home mentally drained and tired from swiping products and having to say HELLO HOW ARE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY THANK YOU to every single customer, day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day .
>>
>>27040302
>All the good blue collar factory jobs are in china
>All the good blue collar construction jobs are given to mexicans and h1-b visa indians
HURR DURR WHY ARE YOU KIDS SO FUCKING LAZY!!!!!!
>>
>>27045280
HGV license is the same thing.
The equivalent pay is about 10% lower to start than in the US, but employment is more stable.
Get the CAT C+E certification and you'll actually make more than an American would to start.
Total cost is about 1,00 GBP and some companies will pay for it if you contract to work with them for 1-2 years.
Want to know the funny part?
That took me 10 minutes on Google. I even was able to track down a company that would send me for free.
>>
>>27040302
I wonder if he used slave labor, I'm sorry I mean illegal immigrants.
>>
>>27045464
>implying anyone on r9k would even be able to cope with a single day of construction or carpentry work

stop kidding yourself

the only reason they give them the jobs instead of you, is because you're a physically weak pussy (and so am I)
>>
>>27045484
sorry - cost is about 1,100 GBP
>>
this is mainly due to millenials whining on the internet increasing the perception of whininess more than anything
>>
>>27045534
yeah probably, it is just a meme
>>
>>27045453
not really. i've been studying some business ideas and poker. i can supplement my income by playing live poker from what i've read it's very possible to profit and have an edge over the average gambler in a casino.
>>
this entire thread is proof that he's right
>>
>>27045622
t. normie

>not origine

stop
>>
>>27040997
don't go for liberal arts gender xe-xum english studies and you're good
>>
>blue collar work
>middle class lifestyle with house and kids
>2016
>>
>>27040302
This is a strictly american phenomenon. Life in the middle east is worse than it was 20 years ago, canada's level of whininess has stayed level as jobs have fled for asia, and europeans only complain so much in large bursts over specific things (see: student riots)

The world is an ever-changing place with new frustrations and dying dreams for each generation, but it's really only americans who are outright whiny about it
>>
>>27042215

This hit deep and it's so true
>>
File: wrong game i think.jpg (56 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
wrong game i think.jpg
56 KB, 600x375
jobs are really hard to find desu, to make ends meet I had to join the navy

I don't regret my decision at all, they pay nicely and the work isn't bad at all and it's fun to say I get checks from the government but still, it would have been nicer if I'd have been able to get a job working in a kitchen or something rather than pick up arms

at least the job is deeply unexciting 90% of the time, I may not have wild stories of getting shot at but I'd rather that to actually being shot at

>>27042215
nice positive outlooking nihlism bro whats it like back there in the 1800s crying over beat up horses with gay philosophers

a nigga gotta eat, my man
>>
>>27045698
>Median income in the US for a full -time worker aged 25+ = about $39k in total
>Median income bachelor's degree in the US, age 25+ = about $41k in total
>Median income, full time skilled trades in the US, age 25+ = about $43K in total
So, yeah - skilled trades is firmly middle class and a better bet than a BA
>Salary.com and the BLS
>>
>>27045874
the blue collar trades have traditionally been a better bet for a secure life than white collar trades, but who actually wants to be blue collar
>>
>>27045314
>Go to church

Who even goes to church? This is such a stupid meme
>>
>>27045966
I knew a family who went to church

churches are pretty much just religious themed community centres. always have been, always will be. in fact, the loss of that role to other civic structures (literally physical, like secular schools, and of the figurative sort, like gangs and fringe subcultures) is why the church lost so much power compared to what they held in the middle ages
>>
>>27045314
>go to church
>only old people and single beta men
>>
>>27042215
a little edgy but I can't say I disagree

If i could get rich running drugs I would do it
>>
File: 20150723_114114.jpg (435 KB, 1750x984) Image search: [Google]
20150723_114114.jpg
435 KB, 1750x984
>be millennial
>didn't go to college
>get a part time job with a private construction company getting paid $34.75/hr
>work all summer/fall doing that
>move out
>get a job as a janitor at a car dealership for the winter/spring
>quit janitor job when construction calls me back for the summer
>during fall start working on a fishing boat
>go up to Alaska in the summer on the fishing boat
>spend 3 months on the boat with tough manly fishermen
>come home in september
>construction for a bit until october
>NEET until next june
>go up on fishing boat again for 3 1/2 months
>come home
>travel the world for a few months
>come home
>get a cozy job counting fish at a fish hatchery that will probably set me for life
Just get off your bums :^)
>>
>>27046143
>being able to find those jobs
nepotist get out
NEPOTIST GET OUT
>>
>>27046143
how would a lanky man with no experience in construction get this job?

i wouldn't dipshit

LE BOOTSTRAPS LMAO
>>
>>27046143
>>get a part time job with a private construction company getting paid $34.75/hr
full-time construction jobs pay about half that amount though. part-timers get paid even less.

t. construction worker
>>
>>27046308
>construction
They where working literally right outside my house.
I jokingly asked for a job and they happened to be short on people. Got on within two days working 3 steps outside my house.
>fishing
I went to elementary-high school with the captains son
>fish hatchery
They liked my experience working with fish

>>27046385
What is prevailing wage?
also "private" company.
$28/hr+$6 prevailing wage because its a "dangerous" job with no benefits. I was a flagger.
I literally just stood in one place for 10-12 hours a day.
>>
>>27046569
>I jokingly asked for a job and they happened to be short on people.
Try that here and they'd probably hit you with an axe handle. Construction is all mob controlled here. Same for merchant vessels, and fuck if anyone's just chilling in the arctic for no reason. All there is up there is navy personnel and drunk natives.

You are lying through your teeth
>>
>>27040997
Depends on what your doctorate is in, faggot.
>>
>>27046678
this

>dude just ask lol
>just try lol stop being lazy

>talking to construction workers

>'jokingly' asking them anything

Construction workers here are all either drunk immigrant slavs who would gladly spade your face, or middle aged men with shit marriages who hate everybody. You don't just randomly get into working like that lmfao.
>>
>>27046569
>also "private" company.
yes, i'm talking about private companies too. i mean, i just googled the median wage for a construction worker for comparison's sake, and it gave me $14 an hour (i would have said a bit higher though, maybe around $18 an hour)

part-timers just don't get paid 34 bucks an hour, it's unheard of in this industry.
>>
File: 0309161457.jpg (89 KB, 554x984) Image search: [Google]
0309161457.jpg
89 KB, 554x984
>>27046678
One of my old paystubs
>$25./60hr plus 24.99 fringe (8.33/hr)
>33.94/hr
>tfw I lied on the internet about my pay

First pic of mine I took on the boat.
Also
>merchant vessels
I worked on a salmon seiner if you couldn't tell from all the fish in my first pic.
>>
>>27046569
Construction in my area doesn't pay you over $9 unless you have connections. Even working at the ports doesn't get you over $10.
>>
>>27046818
>total gross pay
>101.79

lmao you make less than me and im on a government salary
>>
>>27046857
>worked 3 hours
I can try and fish out one of my old paystubs where I worked 30+ hours and made around 1k in a week.
>>
File: 0309161510.jpg (89 KB, 554x984) Image search: [Google]
0309161510.jpg
89 KB, 554x984
>>27046857
>>27046778
>>27046754
>>27046678
>>27046385
But yeah, I wasn't rollin in doe every check. Maybe once or twice a month. It was part time after all.

Remember, just ask around. People are always hiring :^)
>>
>>27046878
>worked 3 hours
yeah when I'm on ship, i'm on ship and all, but it's basically 4 on 4 off, 110-120/day for doing basically nothing, before travel claims

>le just axe 4 job + u will make millions :^)
not everyone can get a job from mommy and daddy, dear, some niggas have real lives outside the burbs
>>
>>27040399
Millennial here. This is bullshit. A few days ago a professor of mine told the class the head of an anodizing place he knew was looking for workers and told anyone interested to email him. I was the only one to send an email.

I rode with the professor today to pick something up from the place, spoke to the head, and told him my name and number and that I was looking for work over the summer. He said that because summer was their busy season, and I was the only one to apply, they'd be giving me a call.

Boom. Job. It smelled bad and it won't be comfy but it's money.

>muh cost of living
Yeah, I don't expect coloring metal to allow me to live in my own home on the beach. I live in an apartment with 2 other guys because that's what my current income can afford. I live within my means.

There's plenty of work for even morbidly obese NEETs out there. The opportunities are literally everywhere. You just have to A) do more than passively wait for a company to email you a job offer out of nowhere, and B) not expect to be handed an easy comfy life you didn't earn.
>>
>>27040302

My dad went to the Naval Academy and served for just over 20 years, and he was able to nap a contracting job back in the early 2000s by having a couple of friends in the right places. He admits, the entire systems fucks them from their side too.

He mentions they could narrow down the job to 30 applications, but if only one of these applicants is a veteran, he's the one they move on to the interview stage. The other applicants aren't even counted. He says they have to hire young veteran assholes with two years experience over guys with two decades of on-job experience because of these new veteran preference laws. A lot of times, they're not good fits for the office but, what can you do?

He mentions this to me because if I'm thinking of applying to a government job, you better PRAY no veteran is also applying 'cause otherwise you're fucked.
>>
>>27047649

He may be a hardcore republican and embraces that whole 'pull yourself up from the bootstraps' bullshit, but even he knows when some people aren't even given the chance to do that. Millennials got a tough go at it.
>>
>all I want to do in life is program
>pajeet who shits in the street will do it for pennies
Hopefully with the fast food job I have I can afford a gun for suicide soon.
>>
>>27047649

That's... not how veteran's preference works. Employers that run a veteran's preference scheme have a checklist and each checkmark has a point system on it.

Vet just gives them a handful of points over other applicants. It's not a perfect shoe-in but it helps.
>>
File: 16_38-5.jpg (62 KB, 722x493) Image search: [Google]
16_38-5.jpg
62 KB, 722x493
All boomers have clinical retardation due to being born in the literal high point of civilization. They live in a fantasy land.
>>
>>27040359
than what?
>>
You guys need to understand that it is a doggy dog world out there and yes your bachelor degrees in womens studies are useless now in terms of employment but that just means what employers value has changed, learn how to use technology, improve your communication skills, learn a specific skill not just a general knowledge and most importantly make a lot of contacts and always network.
>>
>>27048845
>and most importantly make a lot of contacts and always network.
JUST bee urself ;)
>>
>>27041937
he was comparing workers to slaves,

no leeches to slaves
>>
>>27042552
so were we dude
>>
>>27040664
the cycle of boom and bust are typical of a modernized economy

modern economic theory is that you can use fiscal policy to prevent recessions but pure rational economists don't run the country (and we wouldn't want them to)
>>
File: chocolate-is-healthy.jpg (46 KB, 540x458) Image search: [Google]
chocolate-is-healthy.jpg
46 KB, 540x458
>>27040831
i agree with you anon

>>27041001
let me introduce you to /r9k/
>>
File: 1454729609503.jpg (31 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
1454729609503.jpg
31 KB, 500x304
>millenials this
>millenials that
>mfw baby boomers, old farts, and soccer mom cunts try to give me shit because I'm only 22
>mention that I was in and out of the hospital on top of working 2 jobs to get through college and they immediately start back peddling and trying to apologize

You just gotta deal with it.
It's fucking stupid sometimes, but yeah, that's just how it is.
>>
File: 1441033739154.jpg (22 KB, 431x357) Image search: [Google]
1441033739154.jpg
22 KB, 431x357
>>27041001
>drugs boys into submission.
I was getting ready to call bullshit until I realized I was kinda raised this way.

Maybe the buttfucking I received at the age of 7 had something to do with it too. Hmmmm.
>>
>>27041979
What's the problem? Just apply and go to community college.
>>
>>27042215
This is pretty much how I think and feel about the subject. 5 star post nigga.
>>
>>27043216
>>27042920
>>27042801
>>27042533
>>27041344
reading this whole conversation made me physically cringe
>>
>>27040831
Gee, people feel entitled to the resources of the earth, wonder why they're not completely cool with some go-getters trying to hoard all of it and parcel it out for blowjobs.
>>
>>27047464
>Make enough money to rent a place
>Live with 2 random guys

I've heard of a worse deal; it cost an arm and a leg.
>>
Millenials are in fact lazy and whiny. The ones who you hear from, that is. Who do you think has the most time to shitpost on reddit and here on reddit lite? Good for nothing mouthbreathers. The next generation is out there making the money, turning the wheels. All the whiner retards only see whats on the surface, just like boomers complaining about the current generation that is new and scary to them. The vocal minority strikes again.
>>
Everybody born in the 90's and after is complete garbage
>>
>>27040302
Every generation says this about the next.
>>
>>27042940
>I have a B.Sc.
>Went through a gifted program and advanced a year, 99% maths scores/ 3x advanced science, 100% history/social sciences/96% philosophy etc
>I will have M.Sc, and probably a P.h.d in science/tech before 30, then likely an mba and 5+ languages, 15+ programming languages and 15,000+ books/articles before 35
Hahahah, get a load of this guy.
>>
>>27040901
>spend 17 years in education
>don't want to start out by mopping piss in a burger joint
>"You're just entitled!"
>>
>>27048681
Also, they grew up during a time when leaded gasoline was the biggest shit ever. That shit causes legit brain damage
>>
>>27051469
You'll note that one choice doesn't exclude the other. Life is built up of various experiences, and who are you, with your useless degree, to say that shoveling shit isn't one you need to be familiar with?
>>
>>27040997
Anon college was for higher learning
It was a rich kids club to be smarter than the plebs and have advantages in the market as such
But like most things it's trickled down to the common man and more and more opportunists want workers that have ensured skills.

It was never about you get a paper and you just get good pay, that was shit the loan givers were selling in the 90s at high schools to make sure they got you debt lock for life.
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.