[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one of the last things keeping me from killing myself is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: 1444975778577.png (35 KB, 326x367) Image search: [Google]
1444975778577.png
35 KB, 326x367
>one of the last things keeping me from killing myself is waiting to see my NFL team win a super bowl
>following football is the only thing I find cozy anymore
>everybody on /r9k/ fucking hates sports
>too autistic to discuss with chad on /sp/
>alone with my comfy pigskin feels

Isn't there anyone else? Please be my friend
>>
I like Eyeshield 21 enough to like handegg, but they don't show games in my country.
>>
>>27034973
I watched the first 30 or so episodes of Eyeshield. It was pretty good but they broke a lot of rules most of the time.
>>
>>27034958
Man, that year with Tony Gonzales was your guys' chance. You guys still have a lot of talent on offense, just need to get that defense sure up and let Julio do his thing. He is now without a doubt the best wr in the league.
>>
>>27035038
Devonte Freeman is a contender for best RB too, in my opinion. Our O-line pretty much sucked last year, so the fact that he got so much going says something.

We had the best WR and the best RB in the league and we couldn't get to the playoffs. Fucking Kyle Shanahan.
>>
>>27034958
Maybe if you learn to play football, get really good and join your favourite team then you could help them win that super bowl and then you'll finally be free to die.
>>
>>27035075
Devonte is a beast. Do you play fantasy? This is me every year:
>draft some solid under the radar guys
>drop them after two weeks because they don't do as well as I expected
>they go on to be top 3 in the league on someone else's team
Did that with devonte this year
>>
>>27034958
You do realise /sp/ is full of autismo's that /r9k/ can only dream of? Just look at the UTV shit or spend five minutes in the trollball general or the eternal Arse thread
>>
File: 1407845861411.png (119 KB, 635x493) Image search: [Google]
1407845861411.png
119 KB, 635x493
Nothing ever happens in sports. Literally every game is the same thing over and over again. They didn't change things up at all, everything's the same as a hundred years ago. People toss around a football for a couple hours and tackle one another. Every now and then one of the guys will go past the last line, and everyone gets excited and claps for the beefy running man. Or if they arbitrarily don't like the side that guy's on, and I'll remind you that no one has any reason to like the muscular black men on the left over the muscular black men on the right, they'll boo him and cry that it was unfair. The running man's team gets seven more points. But they don't do anything cool after that, they just start all over again from the beginning until it happens again. Do they ever do anything with these points? No, they don't make any difference in the game. They can't spend them on faster footballs or some potion that makes the muscular black men bigger. Big numbers are good though, just because the TV man says so. Your whole experience depends on what the two teams' numbers are at that moment. And yes, when the team you picked at complete random does not have a bigger number, people get angry and sad and drink a few beers so they can take away the pain. Again, reminder that this is what people do for fun. They get themselves all riled up because 6 is lower than 18. Then if they get enough big numbers, they get to make it into the elite games. No, these games are not different in any way. It's the same exact thing as before. Then the two teams with a lot of big numbers get to go to the Super Bowl. Well, that sounds kind of exciting, surely something's gonna happen in there? Maybe jousting or tightrope walking, are we gonna see beefy running man fight a tiger? Oh no, there is nothing different about the Super Bowl it is the same thing as every other game. And then the season's over and they start all over from the beginning again.
>>
>>27035132
please don't trivialize my interests on account of you being a moron
>>
>>27035109
I can't play any sports. Medical issues.
>>
>>27035132
fuck this faggot who doesnt understand the thrill of watching top athletes play a game of tactics and skill.

OP, I am a born and raised Packer fan and this little faggot doesnt understand the magic that is AARON RODGERS throwing a hail mary pass at the literal last milliseconds of the game to come back and beat the shit out of another team. The entire game was a struggle versus the Lions (kek).

In regards to football, it could be worse. You could have watched your team get so, so close and then just fail due to bad coaching, bad referees, or just shit playing in general
>>
>>27035216
I watched that game. I was pulling for the Lions, actually. Typical Detroit.
>>
>>27035216
I am a packers fan as well man, not op the other guy who likes football here. How about the fact that the RODG MAN threw 2 successful hail mary's in a season. Jeff Janis son. I had to watch the end of that game surrounded by cardinals fans though because I live in az. Great game though
>>
>>27035240
right? detroit can literally do nothing correct, even outside of football. total joke of a team and city.

at least ndamokangobagno suhdu isnt on their team anymore. I got sick of watching him stomp on people
>>
>>27035260
Both of those hail mary's were mostly because of the terrible secondaries you were playing against. Throwing a bomb up against the Lions, what do you think's gonna happen? They're going to cover properly? lel

I went to the Panthers @ Falcons game. Greatest football game I've ever seen in my entire life. Everybody was screaming at the 12 year old Panthers fans as they left the stadium, it was like shitposting in real life.
>>
File: fatboi.jpg (25 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
fatboi.jpg
25 KB, 480x480
>>27035260
rodgers is a beast, hands down. hopefully this next season we will be able to actually catch the damn ball when he throws it. Im a big fan of janis and Cheeseburger Lacy.

Cant wait to have Nelson back though
>>
>>27034958
/sp/ is pretty fun during game threads. Good teams get threads of constant funposting and and shitty teams get regular suicide threads. You'll fit right in
>>
>/sp/
>chads
lmao we are autists like the rest of this site, we just happen to like sports instead of anime
>>
>>27035345
right? hearing the people who are into stats hardcore go at it is like hearing anime fans discuss their wafius
>>
>>27035290
Of course it was terrible defense, but on the first one he threw it to the fucking moon and the second one was off his back foot. Absolutely legendary. That game must have been awesome what a great crowd you guys have there. Who would have thought the nfc south was gonna be that good.

>>27035302
Losing Nelson was huge, and considering lacy had a down year it just shows how insanely good Mr R-E-L-A-X is. With the defense getting better, the nfc is ours for the taking. I just want to beat the Seahawks I hate them so much
>>
>>27035366
stupid fucking riverboat ron stealing the glory from us
>>
I used to really enjoy watching the NFL, and then my favourite team (The Ravens) won the superbowl and I lost interest after that, idk.

The new movement tracking sensors will definitely add a new level of depth to statistical analysis of the game, though. It's going to be interesting once machine learning starts to replace offensive and defensive coordinators.
>>
File: 1447029747129.png (46 KB, 326x367) Image search: [Google]
1447029747129.png
46 KB, 326x367
>>27034958
Post teams.
>>
File: ZxDUWm5.jpg (183 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
ZxDUWm5.jpg
183 KB, 709x765
>>27035414
why roddy why
>>
>>27035393
They had no business in that super bowl. they are all children and Peyton got bailed out by his defense because of it. If the pack won that last regular season game and hosted a playoff game it would have been a different story. That's the way it goes though
>>
>>27034958

the falcon box at mcdonald's is a thing of glory

coca-cola is pretty good too but ultimately subservient to pepsi
>>
>>27035411
I don't understand why they haven't all but eliminated refs from the game. Sensors could easily detect the spot of the ball, fumbles and things like that. Just keep the refs for the flags, but obviously call way less penalties cause it's getting ridiculous.
>>
Pretty happy to see people discussing something they clearly enjoy. I don't know much about sports but I do envy the athletes.

Having a damaged and fucked up body due to injuries I've suffered, I'm glad to see people use their bodies to push themselves to the limit. I admire their strength.

Good thread OP.
>>
>>27035467
Thanks famalam.

remove the fucking robot hiroshima
>>
File: resize.jpg (540 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
540 KB, 2000x1000
>>27035467
The fact that a person can do this is just insane. Here's the video for context: https://youtube.com/watch?v=zxbz3DDQzHU
>>
File: 1419700882942.jpg (96 KB, 864x594) Image search: [Google]
1419700882942.jpg
96 KB, 864x594
>>27035547
>he didn't even use all his fingers
I never realized that
>>
>>27035547
Oh fuck off OBJ is overrated as shit. Julio Jones is twice as good. Here's the better version of your OBJ catch, versus the Giants themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63TfzgG5Its
>>
>>27035592
I saw that and lost my shut when it happened. Julio is overall a much better wr for sure, that obj catch was just the first that came to mind when I thought of outrageous athletic ability. It's not just the fact that he caught it with THREE FINGERS, but he also was falling backwards and stayed in bounds. Man I can't wait for September
>>
File: Marshawn-Lynch-Hold-My-Dick.0.jpg (38 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Marshawn-Lynch-Hold-My-Dick.0.jpg
38 KB, 620x400
Posting one more epic football play, thanks for the thread op you got me pumped for football.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=sBoRNW1ctgU
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.