[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegan Robots Any vegan robots out there? Pic unrelated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1455569646272.jpg (175 KB, 610x991) Image search: [Google]
1455569646272.jpg
175 KB, 610x991
Vegan Robots

Any vegan robots out there?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>27034147
Trying to go vegan been going strong for 3 weeks

Anytips
>>
>>27034359
I went vegan with my brother who was my roommate at the time and he cooks all the time so it was pretty easy for me. I just ate whatever he made 90% of the time. I was vegetarian for about 4 years before that too so not much of a big deal. I thought I'd miss cheese but I never really did. Daiya (sp?) cheese is a good substitute though. I learned to cook from occasionally helping my brother. Learning to cook decently well is probably the best tip you can get. It makes everything easy. I always make a shit ton so I have leftovers for 2 or 3 more meals since I'm lazy.
>>
Reporting in.

>>27034359
For tips I'd say keeping some frozen fruits as snacks because the fresh ones can go bad faster.
Make pastas and throw in a bunch of vegetables. There's a vegan Parmesan cheese and it tastes perfectly fine, unlike some vegan cheeses.
Just look up recipes on YouTube from this channel or others to get ideas

http://youtu.be/oGMto9wnVok

Just learn as you go, you will get more used to it in time.
>>
>>27034404
One thing I can't get over is the amount you have to eat, I losing weight dangerously fast I just can't seem to get the cars in probably because I don't eat alot of fuit
>>
>>27034407
On your note, frozen fruit makes for great smoothies. I usually have one in the morning with vanilla almond milk as the liquid.
>>
>>27034442
Wow this phone is always fucking my shit up
>>
>>27034147
Not vegan, but vegetarian for 8 years reporting in.
>>
>>27034147
Checking in. It's been 13 years for me. The availability of vegan stuff has grown so much. You can pretty much eat anything you can think of vegan. But cooking for yourself is fantastic. I can highly recommend cookbooks by Isa Moskowitz such as Veganomicon for cheap, easy, and tasty food. If you can afford it, a Vitamix will change your life. There is more to vegan than just food, but the most important thing is that you don't feel pressure and do your best and be awesome.
>>
>>27034359
Remember the foods you liked as a vegetarian [if you were one prior to being vegan] and just use vegan ingredients instead. You'll get used to doing this and will be able to prepare a wider variety of meals than you would if you only searched for vegan recipes.
>>
>>27034442
Yea, I eat quite a bit. Bananas have a lot of carbs though. I usually put 3 in my morning smoothie and have 3 others during the day with peanut butter. Ive always loved bananas though. Just buy some vegan processed stuff if you're not crazy about health and have the money if it's that much trouble for you. It will give you time to work your way into it.
>>
>>27034442
Maybe eat stuff like beans and chickpeas/hummus (which has olive oil and tahini which are basically oil/fat and sesame butter)
Also potatoes have a decent amount of calories. And avocados have a lot of good fats (and are extremely delicious with lime and hemp seed).
Nuts and seeds have fat too. Hemp seeds are really tasty, like a better version of sunflower seeds, and have omega 3 and 6 and protein.

Then there is also vegan sushi type rolls like avocado or vegetable rolls. Rice and add to your calories for very little money.
>>
I've been vegan for six months and lost alot of weight so fucking easy
Inb4 meat eaters
>>
>>27034509
Well fuck I went cold turkey off animal products(don't really miss it tho)
>>27034519
I hate bananas :c
>>
Vegetarian, leaning vegan. For ethical reasons. I want to be completely vegan, but I havent figured out the cost, convenience, and nutrition aspects out yet. I buy vegan as much as I can.
>>
>>27034657
Yea, it can be a bit confusing at first. There's definitely a learning curve.
>>27034642
Pastas and bread have a lot of carbs too. It can be somewhat tiring to find vegan brands though. I actually make my own bread because of how annoying bread can be.
>>
>>27034657
If you eat a variety of fruits and veggies and beans etc. you will have no problem with getting the nutrients that you need. Depending where you live you might not have a huge variety of fancy choices, but vegan stuff is everywhere these days. And stuff like tofu is cheap anyway, like produce is cheap.
>>
>>27034657
Look into dairy alternatives. You can cut out dairy first then eggs. Or milk first and then when not drinking milk or replacing it is second nature cut out cheese. Eventually you won't miss it desu. You will get used to eating and craving other stuff.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.