[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>today at uni >sitting alone against my wall smoking watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1984561894.png (782 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1984561894.png
782 KB, 1280x720
>today at uni
>sitting alone against my wall smoking watching the clouds
>look down
>group of 4 girls standing around the bin in front of me smoking
>one is staring at me
>all qts
>my cig is done so I get up and walk over to bin it
>trip on the gutter
>slam face first into the bin
>swear a bit
>step back and look at the girls
>they're all staring
>after a short silence say "well that was funny"
>without saying anything one turns around and walks around the corner
>the rest follow
>go back to my wall in shame
>they're all in at least one of my classes
>mfw
>>
It really shouldn't matter. Why care about what others think of you?
>>
>>27034168
Idk. No self confidence I guess.
>>
Ouch.

>>27034168
Just cause it shouldn't doesn't mean it doesn't.
>>
>>27034138
>>27034138
>you're smoking
>girls are smoking

you're all fucking disgusting. just drop that shit habit, you troglodyte.
>>
>>27034938
This. I hate being in class and some disgusting smoker sits next to me and I can't concentrate because this faggot smells like shit
>>
>>27034938
>>27034967
Frequenting r9k is a worse habit then smoking. Hypocrites.
>>
>>27035001
I'm not bothering anyone by lurking here
>>
>>27035039
Your existence bothers me, faggot
>>
>>27034222
Dont make the mistake of mixing self esteem and self confidence man.

I mean the fact you broke the silence and decided to speak to them proves that you have SOME confidence. You just lack esteem
>>
>>27035233
How do I gain self esteem?

Google says self esteem is confidence in one's own worth or abilities, isn't that self confidence?
>>
>>27035039
>lurking
>posts this
K.
>>
>>27035352
Esteem is your thought of yourself.
Confidence is the way you project yourself

I have good self confidence in the fact that I am a worthless shit bag...

Well I think that is how it works anyway
>>
>>27035352
>>27035377
As i understand it self esteem is how you see and feel about yourself.

Self confidence is all about how confident you are about "making it", whatever IT is.

So you can be very self confident in idk, cooking but still have no self esteem cause overall you consider yourself to be loser.

Therefore, if someone saw you cooking they would see you as self confident guy. But if they got to know you better and in other situations they would quickly realize you have no self esteem (for whatever reason).

Makes sense?
>>
>>27035412
So I was right, I know I am a shitbag and I own it
>>
>>27035441
Muh nigga.
>TFW if you want to make friends or be successful all you need to do is hide your non existent self esteem

From what i read lots and lots of people in top positions suffer from "impostor syndrome". AKA they feel like shit about themselves and just count down the minutes until other people discover they are "frauds" (not actually as skilled, intelligent whatever as people perceive them to be)

The retarded game of life is all about projecting confidence and hiding your lack of self esteem.

You can have mountains of self esteem, feel like the hottest shit around yet when you have no confidence in your abilities its useless.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.