[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We had this thread yesterday, and it was pretty nice. Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 20160309_093005.jpg (513 KB, 1613x908) Image search: [Google]
20160309_093005.jpg
513 KB, 1613x908
We had this thread yesterday, and it was pretty nice.

Do you have any weird hobbies, /r9k/? Weeb shit doesn't count.

I like to pick locks. I've upgraded my set since yesterday, and I can now reliably open a bit larger padlocks.
>>
>>27034045
how would I get started on learning how to pick locks? I would like to rob houses
>>
>>27034066
By not robbing houses.
>>
>>27034066
http://www.capricorn.org/~akira/home/lockpick/
>>
>>27034066
There's no reason to learn how to pick locks if you just want to rob shit.

B&E is about quick entry and quick escape. Lockpicking is an art that requires patience and skill, and isn't something you do at 2 in the morning while under pressure.
>>
>>27034109
what are the other uses for lockpicking if not breaking into somewhere?
>>
>>27034131
If you've lost your keys, accidentally locked yourself and unlock door without permission
>>
>>27034045
Does scale modelling japs count?
>>
>>27034181
but that's boring as shit.
>>
>>27034207
It's practical as hell. But I take it you're no older than 16, and therefore everything must be "cool" and "illegal" to be worth your time.
>>
what is that torque wrench from? doesn't look specifically made for picking
>>
>>27034207
That's why it's an art. Besides it's practical and leads to lockpicking safes
>>
>>27034198
I do 1/35 tanks. Is that weird? My social life is limited due to my hobby
>>
>>27034207
It's a fun hobby.

When I was in college, I used to watch for street cleaner bristles so I could use them to make picks. I had a collection of locks, and I would practice opening them .

It was relaxing.
>>
File: 2flatpaper1.jpg (107 KB, 545x480) Image search: [Google]
2flatpaper1.jpg
107 KB, 545x480
>>27034241
I had this huge flat paper clip that I cut and shaped into it.
>>
>>27034045
Is collecting and Reading fluffy abuse comic considered weird?
>>
I code random, autistic shit in Python.

So far, have a calculator and chemistry tool (full periodic table, ionic bonding, etc.), also a half assed music composition tool.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>27034207
>edgemaster thinking lockpicking is cool nigger trick like in movies
I like to collect and shoot guns, keep high grade fish like koi, /po/ things, and general /diy/ things. I used to draw landscapes, but that's really time consuming and haven't done it in a long time. Stens are cool, but not worth the money. I like guns the most.
>>
>>27034045
I made mask. In hardened paper.
>>
Ive been learning how to make stone tools. I just sat alone by the river for five hours yesterday and ground a rock against another rock.

Its easily my favorite thing to do.
>>
>>27035721
Post pics. That sounds cool as hell.
>>
I speedsolve the Rubik's cube, my record is 10 seconds
>>
I'm a T-Rex. *SNGFGGUUUUURRRGH*
>>
>>27035764
Will do senpai, once I get home that is.
>>
>>27034045
not sure if hobby but usually when I'm bored I try to invent things.

my latest fucking masterpiece was the Micropen.

You attach a robotic arm to a pencil and the voice recognition software built in picks up what you say and then the robotic arm writes it out.

I am still drawing out the design and functionality of it atm.

micropeen teehee
>>
>>27036016
>>>/pyrocinical/
>>
>>27036016
I remember that commercial, that dude did a really good T-Rex sound.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.