[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military general >tfw have boot camp next week for navy >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Military general

>tfw have boot camp next week for navy
>tfw autistic
>Tfw cant swim or drive
>tfw blocked out the fact that im in military for six months
>tfw reality is hitting me.

Military general.
>>
File: Epic_Captain_America.jpg (253 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Epic_Captain_America.jpg
253 KB, 1280x720
I might enlist in a year or two if my life still sucks. Family has been military for four generations but not a single person has ever been smart enough to get benefits out of it.

Doesn't help that my ankles are fucked due to overstretched tendons. Supposedly thick muscles mean fucked tendons.
>>
>went into basic training for infantry
>realized how much of a retarded decision this was
>"quit" or in other words got kicked out on purpose
>didn't get a dishonorable discharge or anything on my record

i'm such a fuck up
>>
>>27033347
Would you consider doing military again with something safer?

>>27033307
If you're not in college might as well enlist.
>>
Got out of navy bootcamp recently, want some tips?
>>
>>27033397
I'm on my way to get it certified. And I have a comfy job even if it doesn't pay more than 30k a year.

By the time I turn 26, I'll either be set in life with more than enough start up time...or I go in.
>>
>>27033397
>Would you consider doing military again with something safer?

I have been thinking about this a lot. They said i can renlist, but fuck i don't know if i can. I'm introverted as fuck and have had depression and all that my whole life. The military life is just not for me. I tried to force myself into thinking it was because i wanted to do something more then sit on a computer my whole life, but fuck i just can't do it. I know it was a training enviornment, but i just can't keep up. It's so physically and mentally draining on myself.

Although, boot camp/basic training really is not that tough when you break it down. It's only hard if you make it hard for yourself which i did

Not getting sad about being homesick will help you a lot. That was just a big killer for me since i'm a fresh out of high school mommy boy. Just don't think about it too much. Really any retard can pass basic training if you just don't let the mental part get in the way.
>>
>>27033413
Yes. The moment of truth terrifies me.
I guess never stand up and pretend you're a good person.

I can't swim but I hear the test is just fifty yards is that true?

Do they train you for cardio very well I only lift and didn't do cardio like a dumb fuck.

Are you excited for job training?

>>27033417
That's not bad of money. I make way less than that but 30k would be dank. I plan on going through college and probably living in Japan for the rest of my life.
>>
>>27033468
It lets me save up a few hundred a month and have a gaming budget of around $100/mo with no worries.

I just wanna get into IT and have a comfy job with comfy pay. Then I'll eventually find someone or just be a loser with my loser friends. They're more robots than I; they have families to have take care of them.
>>
All I wanted was to become a combat soldier, no other hopes and dreams. Spent two last years of highschool training and a gap year.
Right before my drafting date ny hips started to hurt so bad when I ran, delayed the service for phyaical therapy but it didn't work.
In the end I need surgery on both legs and will never be able to serve in the military. I have FAI CAM on both legs and some other thing and they are both inflamed from too much running, they are pretty fucked up forever now.

I gave up on hope for a gf or a good job, this was all I wanted..
>>
>>27033462
That's actually extremely interesting. Maybe you'll be ready later on or maybe its just not for you. It might not be for me but you never know. Whatever you do though anon keep working at it.

>>27033501
You're going to want more though.everybody wants the comfy life until they get the comfy life than they want something more. Humans are wired that way.
>>
>>27033548
Have you thought of maybe a alternative if you want to serve in a different way?

Police officer, EMT, firefighter. You get to server right at your home.
>>
>>27033468
They're gonna try really really really hard with the moment of truth. They'll say shit like they have your record but unless youre going for a top secret clearance job don't worry about it.

The test is you dive off of a bigass stone wall and you have to either, backstroke, sidestroke or breast stroke. Unless youre black they wont stop you. Seriously wait till you see the swimmers. I think it is 50 yards but it was nothing, I only knew how to backstroke and I passed.

Yeah everything, pretty much everything is cardio unless its B.A.S.E.S. which is strength training. You're gonna run alot.

I'm an IT and I know all the shit already so it doesnt effect me.

If you want a comfy job in the division, take laundry, or yeoman. Yeoman stay inside the office and chill with the rdcs and shit, you're gonna be doing paperwork most of the time.

If you get laundry you get to stay behind and chill in the laundry room, which will come to be the best place to be at all times.

(cont)
>>
>>27033574
Then let me worry about that then, yeah? For now, I just want to be better.

My bro's grandpa is navy 20 years. Set for life. My entire family line and their military careers either ended in unceremonious death or eventually discharged with no benefits. Or they were too damn dense to sign up for disability or literally anything else. My old man wasted his Hazelwood Act because I wouldn't be his bitch.
>>
>>27033596
don't bother with females as they will just get you in trouble.

Don't go to medical until youre 5 weeks in. Chances are you will get discharged for some bullshit reason.

After you get your shots after p days (processing) they have every right to drop you. and you'll be sick as fuck the first time have fun.

Find some bros but dont be that loud bunch that everyone will hate.

Wash your feet cause you WILL get athletes foot. You're never gonna take off the damn boots.

You will fail your first inspection usually. They use it as an excuse to drop you.

Might b some more but its been awhile
>>
>>27033574
I don't know you, but from my time there i learned there in general is if this sounds like you then you should have no problem in any boot camp.

if you are 20-30, has been away from your parents, has good work ethic, likes team sports, is extroverted, then the military can be great.

I saw so many 18 year olds including me with mental health issues and that were just away from their parents for the first time and had really big trouble in basic training. We had about 3 people on suicide watch and they were all younger 18 and got really messed up, mentally from being in basic even though it really wasn't that bad. It just seems with our younger generation we are just very different mentally.
>>
>>27033468
Also putting on your N.W.U.s for the first time is amazing, cherish the feeling.
>>
>>27033581
I have considered to join the police but I won't be a good police officer. I am short and awkward. I do look a little muscular from all the training I did but still. I am not assertive or intimidating.
>>
>>27033667
That's why i was thinking about EMT. I'm not very assertive and all that either, but i would love to help people.
>>
File: MD06.jpg (318 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
MD06.jpg
318 KB, 2000x1333
>>27033347

You probably saved yourself.
Infantry is easy but stupid.
Definitely not a job for everybody.

>woke up at 0400
>went to work at 0500
>spent entire day doing land navigation training
>walked over 30 miles in the rain
>didn't get off work until 2350
>have to be back at work tomorrow for a range at 0800 tomorrow

Yet I still don't regret my life decisions.
>>
>>27033720
Yeah, i think i would have been miserable i don't know what i was thinking.

I just feel bad because i let my whole family down. For fucks sake they put a big army flag on my garage door before i left. I just wanted to be something more than a ordinary civilian, but i realized i'm so shit at everything.
>>
>>27033638
I think im going to be fine because my reasons are too get away from everybody tbqh...im not really extraverted though but I think ill be fine.

>>27033596
>>27033629
So are they just going to be looking for any reason to drop? Im a yeoman so I think I have a decent job traveling hopefully. I can't swim at all and never went in the deep end but I think I can manage 50 yards hopefully.

What do you mean use it as an excuse are they just trying to test you the whole time?
>>
>>27033746
Being introverted is ok. It's just another factor that could possibly combine with other problems. Being extroverted would just be a lot easier. Guess it depends on the job to
>>
>he fell for the military meme
Let me tell you something, OP. The military is great for Chads. They thrive in that sort of environment. Regular normies struggle a bit more, but are very likely to be transformed into Chads by the experience. People like you and me, though--the robots--we get fucking chewed up and spit out. Boot camp breaks pathetic losers like us.
>>
>>27033802
This post might sound memey, but this anon is right tbqh. Chads fucking strive in basic training.

You might not believe me, but i found a fellow robot in basic training. I really don't recommend joining if you have a history of depression or mental illness. You might think it wont hinder you but when you get put into a stressful enviornment like boot camp it will bring out the mental illness.
>>
>>27033746
Yeah pretty much, if you give people problems you will get picked out. And when I mean division job yeoman. You can volunteer for a job in your division. Try to get yeoman.

It really depends who your RDC is when it comes to dropping.

RDCs usually become cool 5 weeks in
>>
Also, this is probably not really what you want to hear, but if you have doubts and it gets to the point where you want to get out. For christ sake get out before you get on the damn plane. No matter what they tell you, you are not obligated to get on that plane and you can still back out while you can. Do not wait until you actually get there. If you are a quitter in basic training its just a pain in the ass for everyone. I was basically just the drill sergeants bitch for 3 months and had to clean bathrooms everyday.
>>
>>27033746
Don't be a quitter son, have some heart
>>
>>27033907
What?

Im not a quitter im committing.

>>27033866
That's what I am is yeoman already. Im leaving next week for boot.

Im excited though for everything and nervous obviously.
>>
>>27033907
This is good advice, Listen to him.
>>
>tfw stupid at life but I still threw myself into it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.