[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>4 page essay due at 10:50 tomorrow >1:20 AM now Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1453010061907.jpg (105 KB, 1520x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453010061907.jpg
105 KB, 1520x1080
>4 page essay due at 10:50 tomorrow
>1:20 AM now
Should I sleep or not?
>>
No, too much of a risk of not waking up in time
>>
>>27032011
Mommy wakes me up at 7:30
>>
>professor sprung on us yeasterday that tomorrow we have to show our work for our shitty 3000 level french research paper
>still just have a skeleton outline in english and links
I'm not going in.
I just hope the girl who caught me doodling a cartoon me killing myself doesn't freak out when I don't show up to class.
She's a very dramatic nerd girl.
>>
>>27032029
You're fucked.
1 hour a page= late paper for you
>>
>>27032011
I like to get all jimmied up on caffeine and plan to just pump out whatever retarded shit I can muster.
Usually an hour or two in things start to look alright.
Get to class, hand it in, fuggin dip and go to sleep.
>>
>>27031995
turning in 4 pages of crunchtime mediocre trash is better than notheing at all
>>
>>27031995
>400 PAGES ESSAY DUE IN 3 SECONDS
how fucked am i?
>>
>>27032630
That's about how bad OPs got it
>>
>>27032662
>mfw i realize thats my first (you) in months
>mfw i dont even have a image to post as mf
>>
>>27032662
>>27032690 (me)
Fuck thanks mate for responding it means a lot
>>
File: Agitated Pickle.png (21 KB, 155x125) Image search: [Google]
Agitated Pickle.png
21 KB, 155x125
Just do it now. 4 pages isn't much unless it has to be strenuously researched. In that case, do it now. Don't post anime; do your paper.
>>
>>27032745
>>27032690
have another one on me.
>>
Yes. If you can't bang out 4 pages in fewer than a couple hours you should just drop out.
>>
>1:28am
>took a bunch of caffeine pills around 11pm because i was planning on catching up on assignments
>at this point made my peace that im a failure, im failing and ive failed and just going to let the cycle repeat
>probably going to stay up all night anyway and be zoned the fuck out in classes tomorrow on top of not having any assignments
i do this every time. theres always some part of me that thinks it will be different this time, but why would it. im trapped in a limbo between not caring and still thinking i can make it and care, so even when im not doing anything and "taking it easy" im not actually comfortable and will have to deal with this later. even now, i say its over but part of me thinks ill be able to pull something together later this morning when i know i wont. it never stops.
>>
>>27032790
It's too late, OP is asleep now. GG.
>>
Does anyone else have trouble/hate writing papers?
I don't mean coming up with ideas for the paper but with wording and writing sentences?
>>
>>27033071
Just do it.
You are already in pain now.
When it's over you can rest and not give a shit.
Just give yourself a time limit and try to complete as much as you can within it.

You have nothing to lose.
>>
File: 1452500621044.jpg (46 KB, 437x501) Image search: [Google]
1452500621044.jpg
46 KB, 437x501
>>27033104
Me.

Shitty vocabulary, so I just end up repeating the same sentences over differently to fill up the word/page count.
>>
File: ewe.png (822 KB, 677x513) Image search: [Google]
ewe.png
822 KB, 677x513
>in the same boat as OP
>don't know if professor will give me a third chance
>>
(Yuu)

Don't let this die op
>>
A 40% is more points than 0%.

Do your fucking homework next time, anon. 4 Pages isn't even that much.

Step 1. Make a fucking outline:

I. Intro
i.Subject
ii.Relevance to course
iii.Brief Overview of Topic (thesis statement)

II.Body 1
i.Idea 1
ii.How Idea 1 pertains to subject
iii.details, facts, supporting evidence
iv.segue to Idea 2

III.Body 2
i.Idea 2
ii.How Idea 2 pertains to subject
iii.Relevance to Idea 1 (if possible)
iv.details, facts, supporting evidence
v.segue to Idea 3

IV. Body 3
i.Idea
ii.How Idea 3 pertains to subject
iii.Relevance to other ideas previously mentioned(read: filler)
iv.details, facts, supporting evidence

V.Repeat IV until you are ready to wrap up.

VI.Conclusion
i.Restate the topic
ii.Resummarize previously mentioned ideas
iii.State the effects ideas presented will have on the subject
iv.Draw a conclusion about the research

Step 2. Just throw words at the paper, nigga. There ain't even a step 3.
>>
Papers are so fucking easy, you just form a claim relating to the material or your topic. It is so easy to make a claim about anything, you don't even have to be interested or give a shit, just note a couple factors, compare and contrast them, talk about context or interpretation. Some papers are really amusing because of how far of a stretch they make in their claims, but if the material is their and they're able to cite it when writing legible coherent ideas, then it's still good, even if the claim is stupid or farfetched.

Seriously it's not fucking hard. Because X is Y and A is B when C is D then X and A are similar because C is D.

Unless the paper is about a comprehensive research of a 200 page book you didn't read or have, then you're fucked. Good luck.

I once had to stare at a blurry busted monitor with the desktop visually separating in horizontal bars all the way down for 8 hours of solid reading and writing on some muslim history shit from a book I did not read, the thing had to be 8 pages long. I stopped at 3 or 4 am at 6 pages, went to the class 4 hours later and got a C.

I only took the class because it was all that could fit my schedule and it was hard as fuck

4 pages ain't shit nyukka
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.