[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Choices?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 720x789) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 720x789
Choices?
>>
Tent, waterpump, matches, rifle
>>
20 OUNCES OF WEED DUDE
>>
Pot, matches, tent, fishing rod
>>
>>27030626
/thread

this is the most logical answer
>>
Need to be more descriptive than "deserted island" to make a serious choice
>>
coffee, weed, cigarettes, beer
>>
Tent, first aid, hand saw, pot.
>>
>>27030668
The pump could be replaced by the pot so you could cook too, and the rifle is useless
>>
>>27030575
Handsaw
Tarp
Pot
First Aid Kit
Literally all you need
>>
>>27030575
Just weed so I can die blissfully
>>
>>27030575
Inflatable raft, fishing rod, flare gun and a knife
>>
File: 1455935295147 (1).jpg (51 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
1455935295147 (1).jpg
51 KB, 1000x562
hammock, weed, ipod, flare gun
>>
>>27030701
how else do you plan on obtaining food?
>>
>>27030668
Making a shelter to sleep in is not hard so tent is pointless
The pot can be used to boil water making the purifier redundant and it can also be used for cooking
Fires can be made without matches
Rifle is fucking pointless, if you arent willing to make a tool to hunt then you can take the fishing rod
>>
>>27030762
fishing, but it doesn't state whether or not there is any game on the island
>>
matches with the insect repellent so i can make a flamethrower. weed and pot so i can really get lit
>>
weed,knife,matches,tent.

easy
>>
>>27030654
for 20 ounces of weed, i would willingly strand myself on an ilsand
>>
Rope, Weed, and IPod. I'll also take the Rifle if the rope doesn't work out.
>>
>>27030575
>first aid kid
invaluable and perhaps a life saver)
>knife
obvious choice, both a good tool and weapon
>fishing rod
this will keep you fed from the get go
>pot
to cook food in and you might not be able to make one yourself if there are no clay deposits
>>
Not sure what I was expecting but
>>27030654
made me laugh

The only things you'd really NEED and can't somehow fashion yourself..

A knife or saw, either or, and the pot.

Everything else you don't require since you can create your own bed and shelters.

Rope would be pretty handy.
>>
You all niggas would die in the first week.

Hiking boots, if its a big island I'm gonna need to search for food.
Hand saw. You are fucked if you can't manipulate wood
Water purifier. Water is the first need
And for the last one it is difficult.
Either I go for the rifle and killing myself would be easier
Or I go for the knife which is more versatile but killing myself would be painful.
>>
knife
rope
pot
first aid
>>
>>27030575
Is the goal to escape or survive on the island?

If it's to get off then I'd pick flare gun (signalling device/fire starter), tarp (shelter/potential sail for a raft), knife (reflective surface good for signalling as well), and water purifier

To survive: Tarp, knife, pot and fishing rod

>>27030626
gun's useless with out bullets ya dum dum
>>
>>27030575
The rope. The tarp. The rod. The pot.
>>
>>27030575
The mirror would be quite useful for signaling plans.
>>
Weed
I pod
Rifle to kill myself
First aid kit
>>
>>27030575
Rifle, boots, waterpump, and rope. Start fire ising unlimited ammo. Boots so you can actually chase your game, use bones and tendons as fishing pole to finally get more variety. Can just boil water, create lake for infinite water. And rope for funtime. If all i had was a rope to swing on that would become the funnest ghing ever once i become established.
>>
>>27030575
Tarp, toilet paper, sunscreen, and the volleyball.
>>
>>27031120
no offence but you sound like a child tbqh
>>
>>27031006

This for survival. The fishing pole might be swapped for something else that could be used for getting food.

First problem is water assuming the climate doesn't need decent shelter. Downed trees with branches and leaves laid against it will work for short term.

Water purifier is retarded pick. Won't get the salt out and that pump is a basic fresh water pump. Water filter for ocean water is pointless.

Tarp or even raft would be best for a solar still. Basically a mini greenhouse to heat up water to vapor get fresh water. Though using the pot to boil water off would work if the tarp or raft were above to collect steam but not melt.

After water and basic shelter then the rest is just to get stuff to eat or make stuff to use to get stuff to eat.
>>
File: 1457398837079.jpg (35 KB, 403x750) Image search: [Google]
1457398837079.jpg
35 KB, 403x750
weed, matches, iPod, rope

smoke a fat one while listening to some music then hang myself after
>>
Knife or saw, water purifier, tarp, and rope.

The first for wood and getting food, either plants or small animals. I would either start a fire by hand or eat raw - less efficient, but still works.

Water purifier ensures the most crucial resource is secured.

The tarp and rope are the most versatile, allowing for shelter, a flag to signal, and a container in which to collect and store water or food.

Actually, scratch the water purifier. It can be done by collecting rainwater in a container and letting it sift through layers of progressively smaller stones down to gravel. I'll upgrade my knife to a saw for bigger cuts, like trees, to make shelter and weapons like spears and knives. The fourth item is then a tie between the fishing rod, for a much easier and stable food supply, or the mirror, for a means of signaling, getting 360 vision, blinding predators, and reflecting sunlight as a heat source.

All the other stuff is unnecessary and/or temporary. I could in theory survive with very little on that list. Preferably I would cut down some trees into platforms and build a fortress in the treetops, using leaves for roofing. The tarp would be used for water collection into filtration. The Japanese even developed a means of connecting wooden planks without any nails or screws, just by cutting them precisely to interlock. The rope is used as-needed, really, holding up the tarp, used as a way to climb in and then withdraw it. There are options.

Realistically I would be the first to fucking die, but theoretically it could definitely be done. Hopes of being found or returning are slim, but survival is doable.
>>
where's the anime or waifu pillow?
>>
>>27030575
Honestly the environment should be there to dictate the choice. But for all around mine would be: Pot-cook stews and soups to better conserve nutrients, boil water. Knife- Weapon and can use it to skin and strip. Tarp- makeshift shelter, water collector. First aid- No mommy to kiss booboos, second best option.
>>
Pot, Hiking Boots, Knife, Rope

Use the pot for boiling water/cooking.
Hiking boots are very helpful if you want to be on the move and protect your feet from injury/infection, they're also not something that can be easily replicated.
Knife, like others already mentioned is useful as a weapon and tool, it can also act as a replacement for the fishing rod if you create a spear by tying it using a rope to a long branch/stick.
The rope can also be used to make traps and is easy to transport.
>>
>>27031415
Objectively the best answer.
>>
>>27030575
4 ipods
>>
First aid kit, tarp, knife, and rope.
>>
>>27030575
Water purifier
Raft
Knife
Pot

I know how to fish in the ocean without a pole so I will be fine. The raft is for when I get enough supplies from the rest of the island to attempt to leave the island. Knife would be nice for gathering and preparing stuff the journey. Pot is good for cooking and I know a way to lightly cook fish using nothing but ocean water and a pan/pot. Water purifier because im too lazy.
>>
>>27031953
Are you sure it would be a good idea to use the raft for leaving the island? Wouldn't it be better to build a sturdier one out of wood?
>>
>>27031994
Yeah I would get stuff to reinforce the raft. We don't know how many trees there are on this hypothetical island so you don't know much wood would be available. Just would get as much to reinforce the raft as much as possible. If I die attempting to leave on the raft oh well at least I died attempting escape than just sitting there waiting to die.
>>
Sunscreen (i burn easily)
Insect repellant (duh)
5 ounces of weed (only enough for 20 weeks.... fine ill take it)
WWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!
>>
>>27030575
weed, ipod, hammock, rope

chillax in my hammock, blaze it, listen to some tunes, then hang myself when I'm out of weed and the ipod dies.
>>
How far away am I from mainland/help? Am I waiting to be rescued or am I just surviving in the hopes that I will be rescued? if it's the latter I'm going to kill myself, thus the rope and the hammock, along with the weed.
>>
File: pringus.jpg (5 KB, 154x160) Image search: [Google]
pringus.jpg
5 KB, 154x160
weed, insect repellent, sunscreen, and the hunting rifle
>>
Hammock, ipod, weed, rifle

Sit in hammock, listen to music, get high, shoot myself.
>>
Pot, knife, saw, fishing rod.
Unlike most of you I wouldn't kill myself, I'd make the best of my situation.
>>
Holy shit I get four?

>tfw camping bro

Hiking boots, knife, pot, and... Tarp, I guess. The fourth is just a luxury. Maybe the flare gun.
>>
handsaw
tent
water purifier
rope

Things like matches/the rifle will eventually be used up/out of ammo.
so i consider them a poor choice over something that will remain useful for much longer.
>>
>>27032319
I read about a Scottish guy who got shipwrecked on an island with a rifle or a musket or something, he disassembled it and made a bunch of tools.

Still not the best choice maybe, but it could give an early advantage until you can craft a bow.
>>
>>27030575
Water purifier
Knife
Hiking boots
Tarp

I wouldn't make it but I'd die trying
>>
>>27030575
>Knife
Very obvious and most neccesary choice, the ultimate multitool, and considering how much you will use it it needs to be well maintained
>First Aid Kit
Stuff you litterally can't acquire are hopefully included like small blades, scissors, etc. things you can't really make in the wild
>Tarp
Acquire Rain water easy if its in a tropical area with lots of rain, can also serve as a tent depending on its size
>Rope
Assuming its a fairly large coil, you should be able to build a more permanant home with it and it can be spliced down into finer threads for sewing

The goal for me is getting the most use out of the each item, thus taking multitaskers that would be difficult to make on your own
>>
You fucking idiots

Listen, you ABSOLUTELY need the boots, knife, and pot. Period.

If you know what you're doing, these are guaranteed safe movement, cooking, firestarting, defense, shelter, water purification, trapping, fishing, stewing, roasting and everything else under the sun.

Your fourth item is probably the tarp. Fuck, throw the tarp in there and you're living for years. You're stockpiling dry wood and edibles under that baby. You'll be so warm at night in the winter you'll have to turn down the heat.
>>
>>27030575
5 ounces of weed x3
matches
wew lads
>>
>>27032570

wew
ewe
wew
>>
Hammock, weed, iPod, rope.
When the iPod dies and the weed is gone I Sudoku. Easy.
>>
>>27030575
depends on what kind of flora and fauna are on this island, as well as weather patterns.
>>
>>27031229
You going to live an unfufilled life only surviving? Bitch im thriving
>>
>tfw tempted to bring the weed so I can plant the seeds

Real nigga island
>>
>>27031067
>rifle to kill myself
>first aid kit
>>
>>27033179
>Drink the rubbing alcohol
>>
File: waterpurifier.jpg (95 KB, 564x715) Image search: [Google]
waterpurifier.jpg
95 KB, 564x715
>>27030575
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THEREALANSWER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inflatable Raft
Hiking Boots
Fishing Rod
Handsaw or Flaregun of Tent

inflatable raft + fishing rod + waters untouched by human fishing = unlimited easy food. a fishing rod cant really be replicated and the raft can be used for shelter early on or as a comfy bed. quality hiking boots cant really be replicated and cold toes are a bitch during storms. handsaw is unique too because of the teeth blades making wood work much easier. flaregun is your best chance at being rescued, tent is great for comfiness and survival shelter early on until you make a better permanent home that can allow an indoor fire then it can be repurposed as tarp material and the metal wiring can be used too.

Tarp isnt necessary, suncreen can be replaced with mud covering and proper tanning, toliet paper isnt necessary, pot can be made out clay, ipod is entertainment and useless without solar charger, flashlight can be replaced by torch, insect repellent replaced by mud coating and campfire smoke, hammock is leisure, compass is okay but not best, mirror can be made from glass made from sand, vitamins can be replaced by food, water purifiers can be made by hand, rope can be made easily, hunting rifle isnt necessary and will run out of bullets, weed is leaisure, first aid is good but not best, knives can be made easily from rock, matches can be replaced with friction fires and keeping embers constantly, volleyball is wilson
>>
To the people saying weed: how do you intend to light that shit? What will you smoke it out of?
>>
>the amount of faggots in this thread that don't know boiling sea water and using a mirror/glass to collect the condensation removes the salt

You virgins really never have left your room.
>>
>>27030575
Tent, Raft, Pot and Knife.
>>
Damn everyone is trying to outsmart eachother. Why? Why not work together?
Very telling of r9k
>>
>>27030667

Comffy
>>
>>27034040

Pretty slow though
>>
Tent - Shelter
Weed - Enjoyment, Medication and proabably seeds which is great long term.
Matches - Fire
Hunting Rifle - Safety and food
>>
>>27034103
Are you limited for time while deserted on an island?
>>
>>27033990
>get matches
>smoke weed out of a coconut
>eat coconut

cmon son
>>
>>27034121

No, but you might lose water whilst collecting it, you also need time to hunt, build and male a rescue signal on the beach and to collect fire wood
>>
Tarp, Fishing rod, knife, first aid kit
>>
hand saw, knife, water purifier, compass

>hand saw
makes building anything much easier

>knife
another useful tool that can be used to build other stuff

>water purifier
obvious stuff

>compass
I don't want to get lost and burn more energy than needed finding my way back "home" when hunting or something like that
>>
>>27030575

Pot, first aid kit, hunting knife and water purifier.
>>
>>27030575
all I need is the rope
>>
>>27030575
Knife, Pot, Fishing Rod and First Aid Kit.

I can literally live the dream. Fishing is broken in this kind of deal. The ocean has a bounty ripe for the taking. The Knife is a basic tool with more uses then I can count. Should I catch some horrible tropic parasite or illness I can seppuku. as said the pot can boil water but dont discount rain, plant life and coconut milk as a source of water. The first aid kit is limited in use but serves as an oshit button.

I'd build myself a nice den and pray to God the island has Amazons. If I got out I'm going out death by snu snu.
>>
>>27034154
You're surrounded by a 1000 miles of ocean on each side I don't see how you can run out of water.
>>
I only need a knife and an iPod https://youtu.be/9pyBB7y8fDU
>>
File: 1457137114670.gif (644 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1457137114670.gif
644 KB, 512x481
>>27034632
because every human body has a built in reverse osmosis filter.
>>
weed, hammock, ipod, toilet paper. easy.
>>
Pot. Knife (i mean, are you stupid? Pick knife always). Tent aaand.. Maybe rope.
>>
>>27030575
Raft, knife, matches, and weed.
Probably just drift out to sea n get high. Just kill myself once weed runs out.
>>
>>27035576
Are you retarded?

Original
>>
Just the rope
>>
>tarp
I'm assuming the island belong to warm climate so fuck it
>sunscreen
I'm not a fucking vacaton
>toilet paper
smelly butt should be the least of my problems
>pot
Super useful, taking this
>iPod
lel
>boots
Assuming that I will mostly move on sand and soil, fucking useless
>saw
I see a knife down the list so fuck it
>flare gun
Nah, better ways to attract attention
>raft
I have zero navigational skills, so nope
>flashlight
Useless
>repellent
do they even work
>hammock
Again, its a survival situation, not a comfy get-away cruise
>compass
Just look where the fucking Sun sets
>mirror
I'm ugly
>vitamins
Starvation will get me sooner than vitamin deficiency
>purifier
Nigga just boil it
>finishing rod
without matching bait useless
>rope
I'm too dumb to think of anything useful to do with it, except hang myself
>rifle
Taking this to hunt the game and ward off wild niggers
>weed
DUDELMAO
>first aid
Again, starvation and dehydration will fuck me up way sooner than any disease
>tent
See tarp
>knife
Final pick, too good to pass on
>matches
Even Les Stroud couldn't light a fire by rubbing retarded sticks so no shit I'm taking it
>volleyball
Will I get Oscar for overacting insane?
>>
The hunting rifle, if it has bullets, so I could shot my brain out of my head and put an end to the misery. The rest is a big whatever.
>>
> volley ball
> 5 ounces of weed
> toilet paper
> iPod

only logical answer
>>
Mirror for sure. Eventually I'd like to get the fuck out of there by signaling an overhead plane or something.

Not sure about the other three but would consider the first aid kit, pot, water purifier, tent, knife, and flare gun.
>>
>>27030575
>weed
>inflatable raft
>first aid kit
>knife
weed would be for comfort
Knife can be used to hunt, skin and start fires
inflatable raft as shelter and shit, if theres no fresh water you can go spear fishing, if theres mosquitos you can sleep under it
first aid kit just in case
>>
>>27030762
How do you plan on obtaining food when you run out of ammunition?
How will you butcher the animals you catch?
>>
>>27030575
pot, knife, water purifier, fishing rod
>>
>>27030575
>knife
100% the most important survival tool in any situation, crafting shit e.g shelter, firewood, spears, etc.
>tent
deserted island, probably shit weather, torrential rains, provides shade, stops bugs from gittin' ya
>matches
starting fires obviously, necessary for cooking, allows for source of light, smoke signals and more crafting
>water purifier
need water to fucking live, hot as shit probably, allows for greater hygiene, hydration

Done, anything else will get you killed in a hurry unless you choose ALL escape methods which would look like
>flare gun, mirror, hunting rifle, matches
>>
>>27030575
>Tarp
Can be made from leaves and sticks
>Sunscreen
Might be useful, but not since i can only bring 4 things
>Toilet paper
Why? I can wash my ass in the water
>Pot
Could be made from clay, way more fun that way too
>Ipod
What good is ipod if i dont have electricity?
>Hiking Boots
That i would take
>Hand saw
Also good choice
>Flare gun
WHY? I HAVE MY OWN ISLAND
>Inflatable raft
Probably take it
>Flashlight
Could do without (where would i get batteries anyway?)
>Insect repellent
Wont last forever, might as well get used to it or find mud
>Hammock
Fun to lay around in, but not to sleep in
>Compass
Depends...is the island big? How big?
>Mirror
Probably would take cause narcissist
>Vitamins
nope
>Water Purifier
There are so many natural alternatives, so no
>Fishing rod
Can be made in couple of hours with the use of knife
>Rope
Can be made from leaves and branches
>Hunting Rifle
Maybe, again depends on where i am stranded
>5 ounces of weed
Are there seeds included? If yes then FOR SURE, if not then dont bother
>First aid kit
Yes, important
>Tent
Meh, unless i am on island in northern hemisphere there is no need
>Knife
For sure, take
>Matches
Fuck...can i take magnesium fire starter instead? Couple of matches are useless
>Volleyball
Fuck no
>>
>>27036458
>>27036076
what the fuck are you doing?
originus commentium
>>
>>27036510
Explaining our choices
>>
File: R-tard=u.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
R-tard=u.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>27036561
those aren't 4 choices you listed every fucking item
>>
>>27036592
Yes, as i said.

I dont know one thing about the island.
Is it volcanic? Is it around hawaii where i can sleep naked on the beach and be hot anyway?
Is it huge polar island where i might get eaten by polar bear?

I simply cant make judgement based on no info man
>>
Couldn't you use the tarp as shelter overnight then leave it inside out during the day to collect water, then flip it back to shelter at night? Seems pretty versatile

Tarp , Knife , First Aid Kit, Rope

I guess I could use the rope for traps with big logs crushing things or something. Rope is super fucking useful like that.

Only ones I'd really miss would be the fishing rod and the hand saw
>>
>>27036617
It's implied to be a generic tropical or sub tropical island, non volcanic and jfc just play the game like every other mother fucker
>>
File: 1455041090155.gif (899 KB, 158x129) Image search: [Google]
1455041090155.gif
899 KB, 158x129
Nice Facebook tier post you have here.
If you're in a deserted island, there's no point in having much of the things you listed - like a hunting rifle or hiking boots.

Flare gun, mirror, matches, water purifier.
>>
File: 78816882.png (117 KB, 220x280) Image search: [Google]
78816882.png
117 KB, 220x280
>there are people in this thread that do not know the extreme importance of a mirror in a situation like this
>>
>>27036458
>>27036458
God you're an idiot and would die VERY quickly. THERE IS NO NATURAL ALTERNATIVE FOR PURIFYING DRINKING WATER WITHOUT A MECHANISM TO COLLECT VAPOR, AT LEAST. AND GUESS WHAT? YOU WOULD NEED THE TARP TO SUFFICIENTLY COLLECT IT. ANY NATURAL SOURCE WHICH IS NOT SALTWATER WILL MOST LIKELY CONTAIN DANGEROUS AMOUNTS OF SULFUR, OR BACTERIA, SINCE YOU'RE ON AN ISLAND. 'Lol I can make that with leaves'. Are you fucking retarded? Also, you'll need the mirror as a reflective device to hail ships. God fucking damn I would be happy to see you fail and die.

This whole thread is cancer. R9k does not deserve to survive. You WEAK PUSSY ASS BITCHES GOD I HATE THIS BOARD, I COME HERE ONCE AND AM MET WITH SUCH IGNORANCE
>>
File: 06.png (636 KB, 860x666) Image search: [Google]
06.png
636 KB, 860x666
>>27036811
>mirrors
is this a spicy new meme or could it be that you are serious?
>>
>>27036811
THANK YOU BASED ANON

laughing my ass off at these responses.
>>
>>27030575
water purifier, fishing rod, tent, matches

water, food, shelter, fire are the only things you need to survive on a deserted island
>>
>>27036845
Yep, you're going to die. It's more valuable than 2 or 3 flares, and you are less likely to be rescued by a plane, so it works well for passing ships.
>>
>>27036845
You use the mirrors to reflect sunlight into a plane's cockpit, so that the pilot sees you.

The code says that once contact is established, the plane will start flying in circles.

Use morse code.

Plane will start flying as low as possible, so that you can see its flaps.

Plane will use flaps as morse code transmitters.

up = -
down = .
>>
>>27036868
The canisters on the purifier will have a life of possibly one year, thats a gamble anon. Shouldve taken the tarp, but you probably don't see the value in this. And no knife? KEK.
>>
>>27036788
Nope. Tarp, knife, mirror, first aid.

You're a dumbass, enjoy dehydration after mold grows in your purifier.
>>
>>27036619
Good, but you can make rope. Take the mirror :^)
>>
>>27036873
I forgot to say that doing land signs with fire, coloured clothes or alligning branches on the sand can already help.

For example, a fire with white smoke signals "injured and requiring assistance", can be made with green leaves.
Use brown leaves for black smoke, which means "injured, casualities and requiring assistance".
Allign branches in the ground as to form bars, each of them being the number of people lost/involved in the situation.
Curved branches mean severely injured people.
V shaped means dead
there are a number of other cool things i know but /r9k/ doesn't deserve my time
>>
>>27036921
This, any anon saying a flare gun deserves whats coming
>>
>>27036885
a sharp rock will act as my knife
And why would i need a tarp? For collecting water? I can take down my tent by day to collect raindrops and set it up again at night to sleep in
>>
>>27036949
>it never rains at night
>not making a hut with natural materials
>what are tropical storms/hurricanes/etc., tent gets rekt

Seriously? :^)
>>
>>27037020
Also, tarp>tent in terms of durability, within a few months it will be riddled with holes and/or have leaks.
>>
>>27036835
Yes there is you fucking retard its called boiling or collecting rainwater.

Even the morning dew can be collected without any equipment, just a hole in the ground with something to store the water in the middle and something similar to tarp which can be stretched
>>
>>27036835
Also why would i need ships? As i said you DENSE MOTHERFUCKER i dont want to leave ever.

Why would i leave my own island?

Also
>KEYBOARD CAPSLOCK WARRIOR WITH SUPERIOR SURVIVAL SKILLS

Go fuck yourself autistic neckbeard
>>
>>27030575
All i need is the mirror, the compass, the flashlight, and the vitamins
>>
>>27037117
>>27037135

You're pretty mad. You do realize how islands are created, right? Did you finish 6th grade? :^) Any fresh water you find will most likely be highly sulfuric and mineralized. You will HAVE to collect it. Also, elaborate on this 'stretchy' organic material you will be able to find. Furthermore, boiling water? With what, friend? You have not chosen the pot, and I doubt you have the patience or strength to carve one with stone. Get fukt.
>>
>>27037316
I also doubt you are rational enough to make life or death decisions when you can't even follow the directions of a shit-tier facebook meme. So you want to slowly die on an island? KEKKERS
>>
Weed
Hammock
Tent
Matches
>>
File: 1456258036285.jpg (84 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
1456258036285.jpg
84 KB, 600x887
>>27030575
boots, tent, matches, but jesus the weed would be nice. i could make it last for 2 years
>>
why would you ever pick the tarp over the tent

a tent IS a tarp, except you probably get tons of extra shit like string/rope/netting/metal bars when you disassemble it
>>
>>27037316
>Retard claims to be survival expert
>Doesnt know how to make FUCKING POT out of clay

Yeah fuck off
>>
>>27030668
I picked the same bit the fishing pole instead of the rifle
>>
>>27034632
It's salt water you fucking retard. You can't drink only salt water.
>>
File: EEF9jcl[1].gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
EEF9jcl[1].gif
2 MB, 425x481
Mirror, volleyball, ipod and 5 ounces of weed

>get stranded on island
>normies give me a selection of shit to choose to help me survive
>pick all the useless options and die within a week
>>
Hand Saw (the absolutely most essential item on the list, can built a hut, a raft, a fish trap, etc)
Cooking Pot (Can cook, store fresh water, transport water)
Knife (gut fish, carve small wooden tools)
Tent

I assume this is a tropical or temperate Island
>>
>>27030575
water purifier because its the only surefire way to keep you from dying of dehydration

knife to create wooden tools, gut and clean food and create string with relative ease

pot to boil stagnant water, create tea and cook food

mirror to signal boats and ships, can also be used to create a fire
>>
>>27037432
Fishing pole will last 2 weeks if you're lucky
>>
>>27037584
I revise these choices, instead of Tent I choose Water Purifier
>>
>>27030701
>no one ever hunted before rifles

Use the knife to make a trap or a spear or something.
>>
>>27037622
Oops responded to wrong post

>>27030762
>>
>>27030575
purifier (seriously, fuck dysentery)
first aid kit
hunting rifle
knife

I can make shit with the knife, I can defend myself or shoot critters with the rifle, other two things are more or less survival necessities
>>
>>27030575
Tent, first aid, flares and if unlimited ammo the rifle, else the fishing rod.
>>
>>27030575
Hand saw
Knife
Water purifier
First Aid Kit

The saw is essential for building things with ease, a knife for more detailed shaping as well as skinning, gutting etc. I want clean water, and the first aid kit is never a bad thing to have.

With this setup I can make a home, for food I make a bow and a fishing rod.
>>
>taking matches when there's a flare gun
what are you going to do with matches that you can't do with flares
>>
>>27030575
How can a fishing road function without bait and how do you smoke pot without matches? Sage
>>
>>27037755
smoking pot I guess
>>
>>27037457
What's wrong with a bit of salt water you moron salt is in everything you eat anyway
>>
>>27037755
light a controllable fire more than 6 times
>>
>>27030575
Scouts and shit all my child life years ago
The only 4 choices are Tent, raft, med kit and water purifying kit
God tier survival shit
you'd have to be a fucking retard to take weed or a huge saw or ipod or volleyball
also insect repellent only makes sense in africa since mosquitoes malaria and shit
Fuck africa
>>
>>27037914
>water purifier
>essential
What a fucking clown
>>
Weed
Vitamin
Mirror
Fishing

Understand why? ^:)
>>
>>27037914
the fuck is your knife yo. knives are essential
>>
>>27038076
I meant to write pot instead of weed lel
>>
>taking the 5 ounces of weed when you can get an endless supply of Pot

Lol fucking idiot stoners
>>
>>27037600
>never has fished?
>>
>>27030575
four of weed
>>
rope, then end it all finally for once
>>
>>27037503
keked too hard
original af here tho
>>
Tarp - with this you got shelter and a way to catch alot of rainwater. tent is good against bugs, small animals and against extremely cold weather but tarp is usually better for survival.

Knife - with this you can cut wood to reinforce your tarp shelter. skin, gut, and cut up meat. make a spear for fishing and self defense.
Pot - probably to most essential on the list. you need this to transport water, to cook water and soup(making a water purifier useless), and another way to catch rainwater.

Matches - to make fire obviously. I have never used friction fire before so i need a sure way to make fire. 1 match can give you fire forever if you keep the fire going.

With this you will survive the longest. Shelter and fire are cleared, and you got everything you need to catch food and water. Shelter, fire, water and food are the 4 golden elements to survive.
>>
>>27037430
>assuming this island contains clay when it is created through VOLCANIC ACTIVITY
>assuming anything in a survival situation

Never claimed to be an expert, but I am claiming you have Downs, cuckie.
>>
File: 35068541_m.jpg (8 KB, 169x240) Image search: [Google]
35068541_m.jpg
8 KB, 169x240
>tarp
>toilet paper
>vitamins
>matches

eat vitamins so fast that i get dhierria and shit on tarp then light shit on fire while trying to kill myself by whiping my ass until i bleed out
>>
Tarp, pot, water purifier, and vitamins

Only acceptable combination
>>
File: 1457499379975.jpg (65 KB, 720x789) Image search: [Google]
1457499379975.jpg
65 KB, 720x789
>>27030575
Knife
Hunting Rifle
Water Purifier
First Aid Kit
>>
File: 1450659312256.png (167 KB, 1080x899) Image search: [Google]
1450659312256.png
167 KB, 1080x899
Its kind of amazing how many people in this thread passed up knife. Sure a rifle could be used for hunting or defense(if needed) but for most of your survival your gonna need a tool.
>>
>>27030575
Former boyscout and wilderness survival enthusiast here

If you want to survive you will choose the following:

>knife
>pot
>hammock/rope

The fourth option depends on what kind of "deserted island" it is; what ecology. If it's in the tropics, and fresh water is rare, then you'll probably want the tarp to collect rainwater. If it's in a temperate region, you'll have trouble starting fires for cooking. Choose the flare gun, not the matches. The flare gun can start fires AND be used for signalling.

But if you're in a cold area, shelter and fire are more important than food and water, which means your fourth item should be something that can act as a layer of insulation between you and the ground. The raft would be good for this.

TLDR op is a fag who didn't give me enough information >>27030670
>>
>>27030670
>>27031620
>>27036617
>>27039370
OP stated it's a fucking desert island you idiot
>>
>>27039370
>The flare gun can start fires AND be used for signalling.
it probably only comes with like 3 flares.

>>27039447
Deserted, lol. That means nobody else lives there.
>>
>>27039447
>desert
>deserted
These are different words, my friend.

If it is in fact a Caribbean "desert island" then my fourth pick is for the tarp, but I swap the rope out with the flare gun.
>>
File: how-to-make-char-cloth[1].jpg (145 KB, 503x300) Image search: [Google]
how-to-make-char-cloth[1].jpg
145 KB, 503x300
>>27039484
>it probably only comes with like 3 flares.
While that's true, I've always had trouble getting matches to light in windy conditions. So while you only get three fires with the flare gun, you'd be GUARANTEED three fires.

And as long as you keep the fire burning, you won't even need the three.

I'll also add that if you chose the pot, then you can use the fire to "cook" more tinder. Pic related.
>>
Why aren't more people picking the rifle? Are you just assuming there won't be any game on the island?
>>
Boots
Knife
First aid kit
Fishing rod

The rifle would be worthless on an island, unless its big enough to support larger game, and if that's the case it's probably not deserted
>>
>>27039370
>not picking

Knife
Purifier
Hamock
Fishing rod

Seriously, tropics water is poisoned, the ground is full of bugs, a tarp might be nice, but fishing and tools are more important
>>
Flare gun, first aid kit, knife, hiking boots.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1017x903) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1017x903
>>27030654
>>27030671
>>27030712
>>27031067
>>27032055
>>27032073
>>27032224
>>27032233
>>27032698
>>27035594
>taking weed
>not taking matches
How do you intend to light the blunt, retards?
>>
>>27039543
Tropical water is poisoned, but because it's the tropics, it also receives an average of 2.4 inches of rain per month. Just like the flare gun in my previous post, the tarp is multi-purposed: it can collect water AND keep you (and your fire) dry.
>>
File: 1456669261409.jpg (13 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1456669261409.jpg
13 KB, 250x236
>>27030877
This anons hit the nail on the head
>>
>>27039543
If it's a "desert island" then most likely most water will be from the sea anyway. You cannot purify salt. So catching rainwater is the only option.
>>
>Knife
>Raft
>Water purifier
>Compass

I'll find out where the fuck to go using a compass. Figure I can stay alive without food for weeks so I'll just keep purifying sea water. Use Knife to get myself a nice thick branch to Row with. Im sailing the fuck out of there.

Gonna fucking die
>>
Hunting Rifle for suicide
>>
>>27039711
lol literally this

weed, matches to smoke the weed, water purifier for cotton mouth, then hunting rifle to an hero when the weed runs out
>>
>>27039489
Hmm
What the fuck
Hmmm
>>
>doesn't know how to start a fire without matches

Fucking boipussy
>>
>>27040086
Flint isn't an option in the photo, mate. Neither is a magnesium striker rod (which for the record is my preference).
>>
>Expecting to become master of your domain without a sturdy pair of boots
>>
Hammock
Insect Repellent
Ipod
Hunting Rifle
>>
>>27040427
rub two sticks together, something a fag like you should be used to
>>
if the weed has seeds than the weed because hemp is just so good considering i dont know how long im gonna he there crop cultivation could be a good option besides that ill take the knife tarp and rope
>>
>tent
Not for shelter, but for the pieces. The outer shell can be used like a tarp. Windows can be used as a net. Long flexible poles can be used in trapping. Tent stakes very versatile.

>knife
Speaks for itself.

>first aide kit
If pic related. A nice first aide kit would be irreplaceable.

>weed
The only renewable resource here. Smoke the bud, plant the seeds. Use mature males for textile purposes. The leaves are edible and nutritious(full of amino acids, iron, vitamin e, fatty acids). Seeds can also be used for trapping birds.

Every thing else in the list would not be needed, or could be made on island.
>>
>>27030575
Knife, matches, pot and tarp.
>>
>>27030575
tent, first aid kit, matches and a flare gun
>>
File: 1435966603604.png (54 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1435966603604.png
54 KB, 249x243
Tarp, Pot, Knife, Rope

Added extra:
Sneak the hand saw in

If you answer anything else you are a pleb and will starve to death
>>
>>27030575

>boots
your safest transportation around the island to initially scavenge, and until you can clear paths and know the land
>pot
boil water, evaporate sea water, boil game and fish to get nutrients or glue
>knife
the tool to make all other tools
>weed
for rope, sails and clothing
>>
>>27030575
Water purifier, knife, flare gun, tent

Fishing rod over tent if there's a cave on the island
>>
>>27030575
I'll just have the rope so i can get out of there
>>
>>27030575
first aid kit
knife
vitamins
water purifier

Only answer
>>
>>27039569
Ummm you eat it kid? geez come back when you have some life experience?
>>
knife, flare gun, cooking pot, tarp

i think the flares would be more visible to planes or boats than the mirror and it is less possible to fuck up. i'd also make a bunch of land signs.

tarp to catch water in and to make some ghetto shoes.

knife is obviously something that's necessary.

cooking pot to boil water and cook food.
>>
>knife
>fishing rod
>flare gun
>first aid kit
>>
>>27030575
Saw, Knife, Boots and the Flare Gun.

Flare gun for signaling any boats that come by (there's tons of "deserted islands" all of five hundred meters from wild party cities with police and SAR techs ready to go), hand saw for sawing down big trees, the knife for fine work, and a good pair of boots are essential to not tearing up your feet and letting you actually work comfortably.

Anything else can be made in a pinch from natural materials. For all the paracord meme bracelets you see around, cordage isn't as crazy useful as you'd think, and there's natural fibers and glues around.
>>
>>27039252
Almost. Why does noboy understand that if you run out of ammo you are fucked? Why does nobody understand that you don't know the kinds of animals you are dealing with on this island? They could be primarily snakes, frogs and birds. What exactly are you going to shoot with the rifle then?
Fishing rod is the better choice, although its string can also break.

>>27036334
This guy gets it. At least someone with a brain. Pic related is exactly what you need to do, because a knife is absolutely essential and when your rod or rifle becomes unusable you would have to hunt with your knife anyways.
>>
>so many opting for water purifier over pot
>so many opting for rifle over knife
You've never been outside, have you?
>pot + fire = a water purifier AND a source of clean food
>knife = a multitool AND a weapon that doesn't run out of ammo

>>27046027
>the irony
You need to heat that shit up to activate the cannabinoids, you dumb fuck. That's why you make brownies and not ice cream.
>>
>>27036409
>water purifier and not pot
>wtfareyoudoing.jpg
>>
>>27037316
>Also, elaborate on this 'stretchy' organic material you will be able to find
Any piece of cloth will do.
>>
Tarp, hammock, toilet paper, marajuana
>>
File: fish.png (310 KB, 417x273) Image search: [Google]
fish.png
310 KB, 417x273
>>27047063
Fair enough let me explain

Catch fish via spears and traps (which I can actually do unlike every other motherfucker on this thread who thinks that they're Bear Grylls) and cook them on fire pic related
>>
>>27047041
Son, frozen weed gets you higher everyone knows that. Go back to fucking school kid holy shit.
>>
>weed
>toilet paper
>matches
>rope
>>
>>27047235
I passed my ochem class, I don't need to look up what's wrong with what you're saying.

>>27047233
>call on people thinking they're bear grylls
>claim to be bear grylls
Cool story, bro.
>>
>>27047041
>implying the same method you make brownies couldnt more or less be used to make icecream
>>
>knife
>knife
>knife
>knife

sudoku x 4
>>
>>27047326
I have a bachelors in philosophy you fool. Chewing ganja like tobacco leads to heights unimaginable.
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.