[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
robot begins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: Ci4hfz9.png (280 KB, 452x710) Image search: [Google]
Ci4hfz9.png
280 KB, 452x710
How do I stop my little brother from becoming like me? I can already tell he's starting to go down the same path as I did, so far this year he's lost all his friends and all he does is sit in his room and watch youtube, I don't want him to become like me, I want him to stay an innocent normie who doesn't have to suffer the life of a robot
>>
Tell your parents to be harder on him
>>
No idea senpai, I don't think we'd be here if we knew.
>>
File: autism.png (734 KB, 944x601) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
734 KB, 944x601
Take his computer away. Force him to socialize and eventually he'll have someone and not use the Internet as a crutch.
>>
If you're asking, it's too late.
>>
>>27025470
too young, he's only 9
>>27025472
I've tried that already but they've practically given up on him and I don't live at home with home so I can't do it for them
>>
>>27025525
with him, typo
>>
>>27025525
>he's only 9
>they've practically given up on him

Jesus christ what terrible parents

If he's that young you could try taking him out to do things (like fishing or golf or something) even if you don't know how to do it you can learn together.

Give him some things to enjoy in life, outside of the internet
>>
>>27025567
they are complete pushovers my parents, they let him act any way he wants because it's not worth the battle to them
>>
Please for the love of god get him involved in a team sport, preferably football. I contemplate killing myself everyday because I didn't realize I loved football and sports in general until it was too god damn late. Explain that to him in an adult way without pandering or patronizing him, and then if that doesn't work, just really try to force him to get involved in any way you can.
>>
>>27025514
Jesus, you guys would make terrible parents.
>>
>>27025732
Restricting internet time and what can be accessed is pretty standard parenting
>>
>>27025776
>implying standard parents are competent
>>
>>27025732
You're a moron. Why do you think there were barely any robots or nu-males 100 years ago? Because parents actually took an active role in their children's lives and didn't take shit from them. Kids are fucking idiots and don't know what they want, that's why they're kids.
>>
>>27025525
throw water into his computer or fry it some how you stupid piece of shit, that will force him to go outside
>>
>>27025796
Maybe not, but there is nothing wrong with those particular choices
>>
>>27025441
It will be ok Henry, it will be ok...
>>
>>27025891
I don't live with him and my parents would make me purchase a new one for him, which I don't have the money for
>>
>>27025776
>parents restrict internet time
>can no longer hang out with their robot semi friends online so they stop caring about him online and irl as much
>can no longer make any friends online from around the world
>end up with no friends
>become weirder due to this which makes it harder to make friends
>become more depressed due to this which kills off any desires

>>27025803
Because of what society as a whole was like back then? because there was no internet at all? because there were actually robots but they didn't reproduce so you don't hear about them?
>>
>>27025441
Fuck, for a moment I thought you were my brother. Thanks for waking me up senpai, I will go back to school tomorrow.
>>
>>27026000
Internet friends are not good to have as a teenager
>>
>>27025441
you need to sit and talk w him and tell him how shit your life is
>>
>>27026027
yes they are. What is no good in your life, is real life.
>>
>>27026019
no, unless you're 9 I'm not your brother, but I feel like I owe it to him to stick it out for him, even though he's an ass to me he's my brother and I can't give up on him and your brother probably feels the same way too
>>
>>27026027
he's 9 not a teen, just clearing this up
>>
>make him play a sport
>buy him cool clothes
>teach him how to fight and defend himself verbally
>try to keep the computer level minimum

this won't guarantee normie status, but doing this he probably won't be bullied and ignored by society
>>
>>27026027
Better than no friends and I even pointed out how it helps ruin relationships with other young robots.
>>
Just a personal anecdote.

My parents made me play sports as a kid and I grew to hate it eventually.

Don't MAKE him do anything. Give him a lot of options and help him find his own hobbies/interests.
>>
>>27026113
he already plays soccer and he knows how to defend himself, I can't afford clothes for him but my parents do well enough, and as I've said before I can't control computer lever as I don't live with my family
>>
>>27026176
either, sorry for the typos I just took Benadryl because I'm having an allergic reaction to something and I think I took too much
>>
>>27025514
Wrong move. My mother did that to my little brother. Slowly but surely he lost access to all video games, television, radio and internet. Instead of reading a book or even going down the street to the library and using their computers he literally laid silent in his room until he fell asleep at about 7pm. God I wish I could just send him away...
>>
Why don't you start hanging out with him. If you care for him so much maybe you'd do something about it before he becomes too much of a robot. Go have lunch with him or something and talk with him about things he's interested in. Talk about job aspirations (even if you are NEET, act like you're interested), sport activities, videogame interests. Do normie things like bowling, etc. Even go to weird comic cons if that is his thing. Just find the niche and fulfill it because at 9 y/o, other than playing Minecraft he probably can't be doing too much. Unless he is a total sperglord.
>>
>>27026200
Happened to me somewhat too.
>>
>>27026198
Tell him to start looking into football. Even if you don't like the NFL, convince him you do and get him to start watching whichever team is closest to him. Hopefully he'll catch the bug and want to start playing himself, so when he is old enough, he'll try out for tackle.
>>
File: matt-ryan-julio-jones.jpg (218 KB, 640x467) Image search: [Google]
matt-ryan-julio-jones.jpg
218 KB, 640x467
Even though you don't play football yourself, OP, the principles are the same. Don't let your brother make the same mistake I did.

>be me at 16
>generally hate sports
>think they're boring and stupid
>skip pep rally for high school football team in order to go home early
>get in car wreck driving home
>be in coma for month, wake up in ICU
>have traumatic brain injury
>go to Shepard Center in Atlanta for inpatient rehab
>have to relearn to walk, talk, etc.
>be told by doctors that I may experience dramatic changes in my personality
>don't notice anything at first
>sitting in hospital room one day with older brother
>brother is huge sports fan, plays quarterback for our high school team and loves the atlanta falcons
>he's livestreaming a falcons game
>start watching with him
>"Haha, you hate football anon"
>keep watching with him
>this is the greatest fucking thing ever
>fall in love with football and lots of other sports
>julio jones is my hero
>tell my family i'm going to play football for the high school with my brother when I go back to school
>doctors say no
>"Sorry anon, even a mild concussion or blow to the head could kill you now"
>no sports allowed, period
>brother tries to pretend like he isn't disappointed
>"it's okay anon, we can still throw the ball around together"
>leave hospital after making remarkable recovery
>not remarkable enough to be able to play football
>go to falcons games with brother
>go to auburn games at college
>sometimes throw the ball with him
>have pretty good hands, brother says we would have made a great team
>like Matt Ryan and Julio Jones
>tells me that when I was born he was excited to have a little brother to play sports with
>tells me he's glad we can finally bond over sports even if we can't play together
>instantly regret all the years i spent being bitter about sports
>i will never play football
>i will never play any sport
>I will never be on a team with my brother
>>
>>27026278
What made you do that ? With my brother I never expected him to do a 180 and be Mr.Normie over night but without the electronics he just shut down. I never did that on my worst days when I was his age
>>
>>27026404
Sorry to hear about that man, I actually played football from age 7 to 15 it was the only sport I liked growing up
>>
File: 1457463266828.png (151 KB, 241x271) Image search: [Google]
1457463266828.png
151 KB, 241x271
>>27026404

You posted this before. I remember this story.

http://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/23378347/
>>
>>27026521
I've posted it a lot. I think about it every day.
>>
>>27026404
Damn that sucks but i went to auburn too kek
I was there the same time Cam played for us.
>>
>>27026651
war eagle senpai

>i fucking hate cam though holy shit
>>
>>27026685
war eagle senpai, i don't like sports so i really don't follow him or football anymore since im not there anymore. What years did you attend?
>>
>>27026463
I don't know, I just didn't find an interest in irl people/activities enough.

I lived quite a distance from town so doing stuff took real effort, my 'friends' didn't care enough to make that effort and neither did I. I couldn't think of anything interesting to do around the house. Minor anxiety about going out, but just mostly no interest in other things. Sucks, when I was on the net or watching TV I was usually somewhat learning.

If I had better internet access I might have stayed closer to those irl 'friends' and we might of cared enough about eachother to put in that effort more. I don't blame my parents for much but feel like they really fucked me on that one, felt like they were just listening to the advice of what works for the average kid and not knowing about my situation, but how could they know I guess.
>>
>>27026726
I'm in school right now, junior.
>>
>>27026749
nice man, enjoy it while you can i miss those days. Me and a few other Eng students got together and sat around toomers corner. Just hung around talking shit about passing drunk normies.
>>
File: Safe_image.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Safe_image.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>27026166
>Don't MAKE him do anything
>>
>>27026846
I kind of hate it. I haven't made a single friend while here, and I could never join a fraternity for obvious reasons. I love Auburn sports tho
>>
>>27026404
I won't lie anon. That made me tear up a little.

I wish I would've been as good of a brother as yours was...
>>
Show him exactly what your life is like. If I knew this is where I would end up 5 years ago, you bet your ass I'd have made more of an effort to put myself out there.
>>
File: MattRyan_sp59ljyl_okdg7mq1.jpg (358 KB, 2000x1331) Image search: [Google]
MattRyan_sp59ljyl_okdg7mq1.jpg
358 KB, 2000x1331
>>27027252
He's 100% Chad all the way, but he's also my brother and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Follow up story:

>summer before we go off to separate colleges
>brother received multiple scholarships from D1 schools for football
>even though I can't play, ask him to help become good
>spend the whole summer running routes for him and working out
>fast forward next year
>brother explains my medical situation and dream of playing on a D1 football team to his coaches
>they let me come in over the summer for a walk-on wide-receiver tryout
>finish tryout
>coaches start asking me all kinds of questions about my brain injury
>ask me if there's any possible way I can play
>'no, sorry coach'
>they tell me if I could, I'd be starting at slot receiver for them in the Fall
>my 40 time was faster than any of their current receivers
>WR coach shakes my hand, says I should consider coaching
>trying to hold back tears
>brother cheering for me, says its in our blood
>i will never play football, but I got my tryout
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.