[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it stupid to seriously contemplate suicide before you are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
Is it stupid to seriously contemplate suicide before you are 20 years old?

Can you honestly say that it will get better?
>>
>>27020393
I'm almost 30

it doesn't get better
>>
Yeah, unless you've been diagnosed with MS, some other degenerative disease, don't bother.
>>
Suicide is probably only worth it if the suffering is bad enough. Otherwise while existence may be awful, continuing it does at least provide the possibility of improvement even if it's improbable. Just make sure the method is guaranteed and you don't wake up completely fucked.
>>
No, pretty sure most robots considered it by the age of 16 at the latest.
>>
File: 1450366781484.png (97 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1450366781484.png
97 KB, 645x773
>>27020393
It only gets better when you die.
I actually don't know, I am just 18
>>
>>27020393
I mean, I still want to kill myself every day, but slightly less often than when I was a teenager. It depends on the source of your suffering, I would imagine.
>>
>>27020393
It only gets worse by that point.
>>
>>27020566
I started seriously contemplating suicide when I was 13. Every year the desire has gotten stronger.
>>
>>27020393
>Life is utterly pointless
>Any action you do is meaningless
>Suicide is an action

It doesn't matter
>>
File: hohiohoh.jpg (9 KB, 499x666) Image search: [Google]
hohiohoh.jpg
9 KB, 499x666
>>27020393
It's stupid to attempt it before 20 yea.

Contemplate: no. In fact it's good to mentally prepare yourself just in case something happens where you have to get it done fast like a Fatal Familial Insomnia diagnosis or running over a child.

Can I say it will get better? Ofcourse not I don't fucking know you. My life did get alot better after 20 personally and still continues to improve in little ways.

14-21 are the shittest years for most men partly because bad parenting has left them gormless retards especially with girls but also because they're utterly directionless and have no feeling of being needed by anyone which is a feeling the masculine mind craves especially at a young age. The girls your age are in their prime while your still years away from having your shit together. To make matters worse you're still a stubborn little special snowflake at that age and won't just get your shit together by the book.

Don't get me wrong youth is a amazing but it's utterly wasted on most young men, myself included because it's over by the time you appreciate how to make the most of it.

Just lift weights and exercise you'll probably get a phase to anyway around 22 most guys seem to these days. The fact of the matter is your brain wants to go out and prove what your worth. You want a coming of age trial and modern society will never give you the opportunity.
>>
I remember having considered suicide for the first time probably at 11 or 12 or something. I have only become more serious about it as my 25th birthday flew by and I still have nothing to live for. Suicide actually kind of gives me hope, I know I can end this pretty much whenver if it becomes unbearable.
>>
File: 1439823893467.jpg (67 KB, 680x591) Image search: [Google]
1439823893467.jpg
67 KB, 680x591
>>27020403
I did when I was 15 or 16. I'm 19 now and it got a lot better already, I like my life a lot now. Still get the occasional "Damn today was bleak and kind of depressing" but 90% of the time, I'm content or even happy.

Don't do it man, there are ways. The thing that pulled me out was getting friends, I was incredibly sad for years without friends. When you do find the right group* you feel very loved and love the people back.

*I know it's not that easy. You can't just find a great group of friends out of nowhere. I was lucky to be able to start over at a new school. You may be working already, or unemployed... Try to find people that have a similar hobby as you and meet up with them, don't be embarrassed about anything. If you always spill spaghetti, be aware that sociability is a skill that increases the more you practice and decreases when you spend years in front of a computer and never leave your room. It wasn't too easy for me either. If the group is nice, go back, otherwise try to find another group of people but no cheating, if they're objectively alright people don't pussy out because of anxiety. Once you've started the process of befriending people, think to yourself "Do I want to go back to living a miserable, lonely existence or do I want to try and live a social life and become happy?" Also, in the first few months, never decline invites any kind of normal social gathering, even if you want an evening for yourself.

You will be surprised to see that normalfag life can be just as vibrant and colorful as in some movies. Go out there, hope is never lost.

One more thing. If you try to make friends and someone belittles you, says nasty things about you, makes you feel like you're worthless... fuck them. You will encounter people like this and it may hurt you a great deal at the beginning, but remember that most people are actually nice. The vast majority of the people are actually good persons with no bad intentions towards you.
>>
>>27020393
if you havent lived a "fun" or eventful life before the age of 20 most likely nothing is going to change for you. i remember being 18 like it was yesterday now im 26 everything is pointless nothing gets better ayyy lmao
>>
Definitely worth sticking around a bit longer. I started feeling better after I finished high school at 18 (normal age to finish in my country...). But now at 24...it's starting to come back. I'm scared.
>>
>>27020719
You are a fucking delusional naive narsistic normie who needs to get the fuck out of here. You are not helping anyone, you are just patting yourlsef on the back and probably don't even realize you are doing so. Just because something worked out for you, does not mean it will work the same way to anyone else.
>>
I was talking to a 40+ year old guy a few weeks ago and he said his life had never been better.

He had a family, a new TV and a woman who loved him and he didn't have to prove anything anymore. Just bring home paycheques and give lifts. Being young was shit for him and all he ever did was do drugs.

Dunno if I believed him but he seemed genuine.
>>
>>27020805
I finished high school last year but I still wanna kill myself. I hate my existence, I don't want to "proceed" with life any further. I feel like being born is just the ultimate scam.
>>
>>27020698

>I know I can end this pretty much whenver if it becomes unbearable.

Except when you realize that it's not that easy to kill yourself and that there's a chance to make it even worse. Once you lose that "backup" option, it becomes worse.
>>
>>27021018
This. Euthanasia should be legal.
>>
Depends, OP. If you've received trauma like i have... no, it will never get better, good things will seem bleak and you'll always remember the bad times and bad things.

Otherwise yes. I know for sure i'd be way, way happier with how things were if i could look at things objectively and forget my past.
>>
File: we4g.jpg (425 KB, 650x1976) Image search: [Google]
we4g.jpg
425 KB, 650x1976
>>27020890
What most of the people on here don't get is that they have to stop pretending that achieving anything in the normalfag life is out of the question. No, I wasn't just a failed normie that happened to be an outcast.

I got shit on for my big nose since 5th grade and this continued until the last day of middle school (10th grade in my country). I was constantly belittled and laughed at, I was a total outcast whose only companions in the school breaks were other complete social retards. I celebrated 7 birthdays without friends. My family always made fun of me not having friends, my dad used to come into my room and give me shit for not going outside and I'd always say "with whom?!". I seriously considered killing myself multiple times between 8th and 10th grade and cried myself to sleep every other day, thinking of what a failure I am.

You don't get to decide which input on this board is helpful and which isn't you asshole. What you and many others here have to try is to realize that it is perfectly possible for a robot to become a socially functioning member of society. Almost everyone of you, no matter how awkward, can have friends. You can be happy, successful, loved and loving, it is definitely possible and if you REALLY want it, you will find a way to get it.
>>
>>27021018
Why would you even say this? I'm not in the mood to start arguing how difficult it is to kill a human, but I would really like to know what motivated you to post this,
>>
File: god left me unfinished.jpg (18 KB, 447x547) Image search: [Google]
god left me unfinished.jpg
18 KB, 447x547
>>27020393
actualy suicide is the only real smart thing to do when you think about it
there is literaly no meaning to life and you can only help yourself by ending the pain sooner
>>
see a therapist man and see if it helps if not just an hero that's what I'm gonna do trying to get into to see one if shit doesn't help I'm gonna hang myself if the attic on the rafters
>>
>>27020403
26 reporting in same
>>
>>27021238
Well boohoo, I can't belive it was that hard for you! I sure feel bad now :^(

You come here all wise and mighty having had the same past as most people here and struggling out of it with a stroke of luck by 19 kid. You write the same shit as every fucking self improvemet blog there is. Your input is so unoriginal that it is not helpful at all since it has all been said a million fucking times.
>>
>>27021451
The point is that there's barely any luck involved, and you just refuse to accept that. You are responsible for your misery and simply not motivated enough to get out of it. You'd rather play a game, watch a video, get yourself another tea, browse 4chan. It's possible for you to be happy too, you just don't want it... enough. That kind of takes away your right to complain about it though.
>>
>>27021272

Because it's the truth that anyone who claims to have it as a backup plan will realize sooner or later.
>>
>>27021618
Yes yes, everything is going as scripted, you started talking down on me as expected without even knowing a single thing about me. There is no real information here, only implications. Do you realize how retarded that is?

Your logic is so stupid that in that single post you are also discrediting depression as a real desease, assuming you would be actually talking to someone who is depressed.

It is really quite fustrating to see that you clearly don't realize that what you have been doing here has been exactly the opposite of helping. You are just patting yourself on the back as I said before.

Go to bed you 19 year old child.
>>
>>27021669
>Because it's the truth that

I'm seriously really dissapointed by this response. It did not even answer my question.
>>
>>27021890

What kind of answer did you expect?
>>
>>27020403
mummy? :^)

BLOXBLOXBLOXX
>>
>>27020393
I'm 21 and still figuring shit out. Things got bad for a while post 18. I'm happier now but I'm going through that post Uni -early 20's 'lost phase' that's apparently natural.

I'm giving it until I'm 27 to see if this shit gets sorted out.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.