[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-Manchild General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1432850033873.jpg (666 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1432850033873.jpg
666 KB, 1440x900
Thread for the discussion of strategies and activities for becoming well-balanced and unencumbered adults. Degenerate society has left many anons addicted to internet, vidya, anime, junk food, binge watching, and masturbation. Instead, we need to focus on simple pleasures, self-discipline, physical and mental health, and creative hobbies.

The first activity I will suggest is getting outside. It is important to get sunlight and fresh air, and to experience nature. Get dressed and take a walk. It's free, it's good for you, it improves your health, and exercise reduces stress and helps combat depression. If your area is too urban/suburban, google parks in your city or county. Look for parks with nature trails for the wildlife experience.
>>
File: 1457242199220.jpg (105 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1457242199220.jpg
105 KB, 720x480
grow fast pupper
>>
File: 1432439451093.jpg (65 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
1432439451093.jpg
65 KB, 736x490
Look around you. Is your living environment clean? Do you have junk, clothing, trash, or food scattered on the floor? When was the last time you vacuumed, or cleaned your toilet? Cleaning isn't fun, but it doesn't have to be laborious if you keep on top of it. Pick one small thing and take care of it today; at the very least, remove any clutter lying around your room. A tidy living space is easier to navigate, mentally refreshing, and will give you a feeling of accomplishment.
>>
No, the people here need therapy and medication. Even that won't fix all problems. What you suggest is just a band-aid. You think fucked up people haven't tried walking, diet, meditation, and the like?
>>
File: 1429353752999.jpg (170 KB, 1300x854) Image search: [Google]
1429353752999.jpg
170 KB, 1300x854
>>27015908
>paying big pharma for the rest of your life for the privilege of taking pills that numb your spirit, kill your dick, and make you fat
No thanks. What manchildren and robots need is to get back in touch with the naturalistic and creative spirit of mankind.
>>
File: 1457263822268.jpg (494 KB, 1015x923) Image search: [Google]
1457263822268.jpg
494 KB, 1015x923
>>27015807
totally agree op, i think its sicking that everyone here is just wasting their lives without contributing to society. what a waste spending all their days in front of a screen. i recommend you start excercising HARD every day, eat more vegetables and take multivitamins. ultimately you're in control of your life and you get exactly what you put into it
>>
>>27015877
>Look around you. Is your living environment clean? Do you have junk, clothing, trash, or food scattered on the floor? When was the last time you vacuumed, or cleaned your toilet? Cleaning isn't fun, but it doesn't have to be laborious if you keep on top of it. Pick one small thing and take care of it today; at the very least, remove any clutter lying around your room. A tidy living space is easier to navigate, mentally refreshing, and will give you a feeling of accomplishment.

I actually feel much worse and more stressed out in an overly clean bedroom
>>
>>27015957
you're fucked then, its too late for you, but try reading my reply anyway (you never know) >>27015954
>>
I went outside.

Didn't get gf.
Didn't get sex.
Didn't lose virginity.

Pointless normie propaganda.
>>
>>27015957
That's fine, but at a bare minimum your toilet should be cleaned weekly to ensure hygiene.
>>
>>27015807
give me one good reason not to masturbate, play vidya and watch anime in my free time
>>
>>27015985
There's nothing wrong with any of those as long as they're done in balance. If your life is escapism and passive consumption you are wasting it while your degenerate overlords profit from it.
>>
>>27016001
but what is the alternative? Im not going to get a gf regardless of how hard I try so what is there besides escapism?
>>
I suggest you anons take night walks or morning walks if you prefer. It is great to let yourself think and clear your mind with no one around.
>>
>>27015807
Nah, dude. I don't want to be a normie.

Go proselytize your shitty lifestyle elsewhere.
>>
>>27016015
Society has fed you the lie that your worth as a man is determined by your ability to attract a mate. Reject this fiction and assert your own self-worth through creative activities. Any anger or sadness you fear should be sublimated into determination and passion.
>>
>>27015807
>Degenerate society has left many anons addicted to internet, vidya, anime, junk food, binge watching, and masturbation

What qualifies an internet addiction, and what could I do if I'm in a zero opportune city to get out? I get harassed for being white and have been assaulted and robbed more times than I can count on two hands, and most job prospects are miles out of reach. I'm considering trying to put my internet usage toward more productive things like web-design and other means to make money and get out of here, but, I have no particular ideas of what type of web-site I could be making.

I barely watch anime, play vidya, watch television, and eat junk food as it is.
>>
>>27016096
On the internet alone you can read literature, learn a new language, study history, improve your web-design, learn to code... What city do you live in?
>>
>>27016165
Trenton.

I read articles already. and I'm learning C++ and Java at the moment. I need a quicker term method to be able to leave here, so I'm more or less dependent on the web-design route.
>>
Any stay at home adult hobbies? I like to go outside but it will soon be 120 here
>>
>>27015821
grow fast pupper

original
>>
File: 1442557315494.png (80 KB, 316x452) Image search: [Google]
1442557315494.png
80 KB, 316x452
>>27015954
>ultimately you're in control of your life and you get exactly what you put into it
What did I put in to be 5'4, have crohn's disease, gerd and a megaesophagus, what did Chad put in to be 6'5, healthy, and have a job at his father's company? C'mon man, I'm trying to take you seriously but I can't as long as you insist in relying on a just world fallacy.
>>
I want to improve, but I'm not sure where to begin.
>>
>be r9k faggot loser
>make thread on self-improvement

>"brush your teeth"
>"floss"
>"shower"
>"use soap"
>"wash your clothes"
>"clean your room"
>"don't be 300lb of fat"
>"shave your neckbeard"
If you need to be told any of this stuff or you don't already do it you're NEVER going to make it

>"read Marcus Aurelius"
>"read Moby Dick"
this shit will not help you.
>>
>>27015877
>tfw mom pays for cleaning lady
>>
>tfw very mentally ill
>work an easy job with nice coworkers
>have a gf
>room is a mess
>bathroom is a disaster
>sleep way too much
>binge on anime/movies/tv shows/cartoons on a daily basis
>play video games
>rarely if ever talk to people outside of work or my gf
>eating some pancakes with honey right now
>happier than I've ever been

When I was working out 6 times a week, obsessively monitoring what I ate, only spending my free time "productively," working a difficult job and forcing myself to socialize every day, I was fucking miserable. Homicidal and suicidal. Taking things easy is exactly what some of us need, OP. Some of us have enough shit going on in our heads that the last thing we need is stress or pressure from another source.
>>
>>27016070
I reject the fiction that my worth is determined by anything. Nihilism baby. If I substitute any meaning it's hedonism. And guess what hedonism leads to~! Thats right! Anime and video games and escapism!
>>
Currently cutting out videogames and am dieting. Still have to work on the masturbation addiction.
>>
>>27016811
It sounds edgy, but this is really all there is to say. There's no meaning to anything, so obviously I'm going to do whatever gives me pleasure. I'm already dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1034) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1034
>>27016070
>Society has fed you the lie that your worth as a man is determined by your ability to attract a mate.
pretty sure that's basic biology pham
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.