[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is social circles so overlooked in discussions regarding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 1452551107838.jpg (16 KB, 500x249) Image search: [Google]
1452551107838.jpg
16 KB, 500x249
Why is social circles so overlooked in discussions regarding forever-aloness? Robots blame their looks easily. But seldom do they blame it on a lack of social skills. Most normies meet via mutual friends. If you have friends you meet girls. If you have no friends, girls wont even look at you?

Not saying everyone who has friends can get a gf. They can be too shy or ugly sure. But 90% of forever alone men seem to be due to loneliness?
>>
You get better social skills with better looks though

People are actually willing to work with you if you look good but say something awful. Like you get away with it and learn not to say it next time

An ugly dude who says something awful will end up with all of his peers hating him

Then of course people want to be friends with good looking people anyway; it is about looks. You can get by without them but you don't get to take the same risks. Say if your dad or a friend can't steer you in the right direction you're on a one way trip to no friends land
>>
>>27014756
>You get better social skills with better looks though
wah wah excuses disregard opinion. It's just your shitty personality on top of you being ugly. Why don't you just try being better? Also, you go on 4chan so there is obviously something wrong with you mentally, just own up to your betaness and become a cool person. It's that easy. Also, did you never have a dad or a friend? what the fuck?
>>
>>27014716

fenga pappit
>>
I actually heavily agree with you OP. You identify the problem pretty clearly in your post though: you have to have friends to make friends.

The only exception to this is when you're young and move to a new school or neighborhood. Then, you have about a month to try and assimilate into the established culture or you're thrown away as an outcast. And if you happened to be thrown away as an outcast in, say, grade school for being a little weirder than the other kids, then you missed out on a crucial step of your social development and will be far behind everyone else. The longer you go without friends, the harder it is to make friends, so if you were friendless in grade school, you're probably not gonna have the best social interaction skills when you get to high school and will be an outcast again.

I think you're also forgetting the impact of parental guidance in early childhood. If your parents don't push you to socialize with other children in settings outside of school, you're a lot less likely to do it at all. I knew a lot of kids who made close friends in things like tae kwon do practice, or summer camp, or playing club sports or whatever. When you do something like that, you end up being around a lot of people who you already know are interested in something that you're interested in, so it's easier to make friends with them. If your parents never really get you involved with those things and just stick you in front of a TV or something all day, you'll again miss out on a lot of crucial social interaction. Everyone will tell you that being social takes practice, that's a fact. But when you miss out on the practice that most other kids are getting, you're so far below their skill level that they won't want to practice with you.
>>27014756
You get better social skills with better looks though
This is true too. Attractive people have a lot of advantages.
http://www.businessinsider.com/attractive-people-are-more-successful-2012-9
>>
people won't be your friend if you're ugly
>>
>>27014716
> talking sense on r9k
what do you expect to come of this..
>>
She looks like the grandpa from UP
>>
>>27014882
>says >>27014756 is insane because he goes on 4chan
>goes on fucking 4chan
Lolquid.
>>
>>27015645
Yeah and your point? I didn't say I wasn't lol we all are nuts, that's why we have to go to r9k the toilet of 4chan
>>
File: 1453945368579.png (119 KB, 281x440) Image search: [Google]
1453945368579.png
119 KB, 281x440
>>27014716
>90% of forever alone men seem to be due to loneliness?
wow what an insight

"you're alone because you're alone"
>>
>>27014716
>Why is social circles so overlooked in discussions regarding forever-aloness?

It's not. I've posted countless of times how important being part of a social circle is. I once even gave a step-by-step instruction on how to make friends in university to this one suicidal German dude. Most people wouldn't listen to me though.
>>
>>27016787

Can you make friends in university despite being a robot?
>>
>>27015277
this, they've done studies, and people treat attractive people better, even straight men will treat other attractive men better. intuitively, you wouldn't think this would be the case, but it is.
>>
>>27017344
Not him, but I have been living in the dorms at my uni for 2 semesters, and I have had no luck in making friends. Pretty sure most people in the dorm don't even know who I am since they just glare at me on the rare occasions they see me.
>>
File: 1457101478198.jpg (58 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1457101478198.jpg
58 KB, 640x960
>>27014756
>People are actually willing to work with you if you look good
I can confirm this from personal experience. Nobody will come to you and aky you anything if you're not attractive, you'll ALWAYS be the last choice, also making friends is even harder so both you and op have good points.
>>
>>27014716
The friends I have are ridiculously normal.

The girls I'm interested are anything but. So it's not very likely to meet through others.
>>
>>27014756

Looks matter, but you also have to be able to bring something to the friendship. The problem is most robots suffer from severe autism and try too hard. Just be supportive, don't be clingy, don't be a push over, and be willing to participate in things you don't feel comfortable with. I honestly don't know why people want to do this though. I'd rather just die.
>>
Looks has a part in social circle. If you're ugly, you won't be deemed approachable. I know this girl who thinks she has a social circle. She's fat and very unattractive. I study in the library when she and her "friends" are around. The second she leaves, they all make fun of her. Normies will never accept.

Also having friends=/=meeting girls. I've had girl as friends who were not about to open up her social circle for me or any of her other guy friends to date. Certain girls will. Certain girls won't. It's not a gimmee.

And making friends that you can relate to and genuinely enjoy the company of is not an easy task. You know the userbase of this board. Many of them are racist, overwieght, balding. smelly. They don't know how to interact with people. There are normies who are surrounded with friends and yet they still feel alone.
>>
File: 1450830336332.png (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1450830336332.png
58 KB, 800x600
>>27015277
I'd say that normal/good looking people won't be your friends if you are too ugly and unpleasant to be around with.
Other self-conscious uggos can be your friends though.
>>
File: image.jpg (328 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328 KB, 1280x670
>>27014716
>shot guys unattractive
Says the one who looks like her face had an arrangement with the pavement
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.