[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if we were repeating our lives everytime but we don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: WAKE ME UP (CAN'T WAKE UP).png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP (CAN'T WAKE UP).png
156 KB, 270x270
What if we were repeating our lives everytime but we don't have any memories from the past repeats?
>>
MINDBLOWING

but this not erase the fact that you're useless NEET right now op
>>
File: 1444169389638.png (94 KB, 306x243) Image search: [Google]
1444169389638.png
94 KB, 306x243
Impossible. That would mean this universe would also loop (impossible) and that every single solitary event down to the quantum-quantum-quantum-quantum (ad infinitum) level would have to be PRECISELY THE SAME TO THE FUCKING TEE.

Meaning Hitler would have to give rise to the Nazi party, Humans would have to evolve from chimpanzees and not bonobos (or evolve at all), the big bang (or whatever origin theory you subscribe to) would have to occur in a way such that a planet we call "Earth" were possible, the rock Timmy through in the pond 250000 galaxies over would have to produce the same amount of ripples, your mom would have to read that pamphlet on the importance of eating omega 3's during pregnancy which was entirely predicated on her going to a convention at a hotel she didn't really want to go to because she was sick, etc.

Basically, you are EVERYTHING that has come up to this point. You are on the precipice of time (quantum time-traveling, parallel universes, and all that jazz aside (but if we did include that stuff your theory would become even more improbably)). So in that sense, your seat of consciousness right now is entirely unique-a combination of nature+nurture that is almost impossible to replicate.
>>
>>27013775
>something doesn't correlate with our current level of understanding
>IT CAN'T BE RIGHT

You really think humans really have it all figured out, huh

>>27013406
This is what hell is
>>
>>27013406
I hope this is true
>>
fucking illusions man, how do they work..?
>>
>>27013837
You're a madman. Who the hell wants to repeat the same damn thing for eternity?
>>
>>27014057
Don't we do this right now? Squander every day on this site forever?

How long have you all been here, browsing everyday? It's been years...
>>
>>27013826
No, I think that humans (and other organisms for that matter) are capable of understanding some things.

And from what we've been able to gather so far, your theory is fucking hogwash, not even peripherally possible.
>>
>>27013406
if you finish the game and start new game+ but nothing carries over, is it really new game+?
>>
>>27013406
Then my previous lives must have been shit
>>
>>27014166
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
>>
File: You even understand.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
You even understand.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>27014205
Now this is the billion ameridollar question
>>
I think there's an interesting related discussion here:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Last_Thursdayism
>>
File: eternalrecurrence.jpg (178 KB, 735x1500) Image search: [Google]
eternalrecurrence.jpg
178 KB, 735x1500
This belief of eternally recurring cycles is common to many religions around the world

I choose to embrace it. The thought of it is kind of terrifying, but in a motivating way. It helps to force myself to think like this when I get stuck in a rut and waste entire days indoors playing vidya or shitposting.
Time is running out. Every second counts. Seize what you want from life, by any means necessary.
>>
>>27013406

This is the ultimate truth OP. Soon more and more will come to this conclsion.

What makes you, YOU is a combo of your dna and life experiences that have taken place since birth that have helped shape how you react to environmental stimuli. When considering this, you realize that you can ONLY exist in this realm with this life that you currently have because any other life would make you out to be a different person than you are currently.

To further prove my point I will use the example "If I made an exact copy of myself atom for atom who would be the real me?" I would still be me. And the "copy" would cease to be a copy from the microsecond it became conscious/stepped out of the machine - what ever because it is already receiving alternate stimuli than I am bc the copy can't be in the same place in space/time as me.

In conclusion, I firmly believe we are in some sort of quantum hell. I will live and die and on the off chance that the universe repeats itself atom for atom I may get to experience this morbid existence once again. But I find it hard to believe I can exist outside of this current universe with it's particular past events leading to my creation.

The only way out is to kill yourself painlessly in order to secure your place in eternity with as little suffering as possible.
>>
File: 1455538287546.jpg (38 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
1455538287546.jpg
38 KB, 426x341
>>27014205
Asking the real questions
>>
>>27013775

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return

It's not impossible. Eternity is a very long time you know.

We can add something like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything

It's not improbable that given enough information and calculating power you could simply calculate your way to the beggining of the universe (cause and effect). This means that you don't even need to copy EVERYTHING, just copy the beggining and the rest will unfold itself.

Of course it's just a theory and it might be wrong as it often happens but denying it's probability is rather closed minded.
>>
File: Infinitybox.gif (438 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Infinitybox.gif
438 KB, 500x500
>>27013406
I think that whenever you get dejavu's, you slip to the crack of the eternitybox that we're trapped inside.
>>
I don't get it, why are some people terrified of eternal reccurence? I've had bad shit happen to me in my life, for sure, but it would be cool if I could have those great moments happen all over again.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.