[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other robots play an instrument? I wanna learn the keyboard/piano
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: hp-507-pe_hands_gal.jpg (160 KB, 1604x1050) Image search: [Google]
hp-507-pe_hands_gal.jpg
160 KB, 1604x1050
Any other robots play an instrument?

I wanna learn the keyboard/piano and was looking for some good resources

It helps me forget tfw no gf
>>
File: 1454981637806.jpg (14 KB, 181x156) Image search: [Google]
1454981637806.jpg
14 KB, 181x156
i play the bass and recently i bought a harmoncia and i am trying to teach myself. Learning instruments its a good way to pass your time and forget that life sucks. I dont know much about keyboars but music theory basics are all over the internet..
>>
Pianofag that can't find motivation to practice here
>>
>>27013687
>>27013104
Her you go anons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3oNVmSaMsE
>>
Mediocre guitarfag reporting in
>>
Tubafag reporting here

>tfw no low brass gf to jam with

Kill me senpai
>>
Just started playing the guitar again, genres that require alot of feels are the ones that I find the hardest to play.
>>
Trombonerfag here. I learned to play the piano in about twenty minutes because I can already read music. Once you can read music piano and keyboard are really easy
>>
>>27013104
I am trying to learn the 5 string banjo but the 4th string makes a really annoying buzzing sound which makes it impossible to play and I really don't know how to replace the strings

but i'm pretty damn good with the tin whistle
>>
>>27014222
1. take the strings off
2. put new ones on

its really not hard, watch a tutorial on youtube once and follow it, you can now restring it for the rest of your life.
>>
>>27013104
if you dont have a keyboard yet, I highly reccomend grabbing a melodica off ebay. Super cheap, basically a toy but you can learn the fundamentals of keyboard playing on that alone. small amount of money to sink in so that you can test if you actually will paly much.
>>
>>27013104
Im learning guitar. I learn piano through synesthesia videos. I'm self taught at singing.

I can't practice. Yet I want more formal training.
>>
How to improve technique?
I don't have money to get a teacher
>>
>>27013752
how is that supposed to motivate me?
>>
>>27013752
I wish my parents cashed in on my autism before it was too late and I was spoiled by media, games and chinese cartoons.
>>
I got a bass guitar just over a year ago, played it for like an hour every day since I got it

Just really enjoy it honestly. Consistent practise really does help you improve a lot. I never got any lessons or anything but bass isn't that hard to pick up and play if you've got decent rhythm anyway

I have an acoustic guitar and want to learn, but it's not really so much of an instrument you can just pick up and start making noise. Can't afford proper lessons at the moment
>>
File: ss+(2014-12-04+at+04.01.08).jpg (12 KB, 259x207) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-12-04+at+04.01.08).jpg
12 KB, 259x207
>>27014719
How did you teach yourself sing? Do you sing properly or do you just do whatever? I'm having problem with my voice. having a consistent volume n stuff.
>>
>>27014765
Scales are pretty good. Learn all major and minor (harmonic&melodic) up and down 4 octaves. Use a metronome.
>>
>diehard drumfag
>play in drumline ensemble
>nobody realizes how difficult it is
>"Oh you're a drummer? That's cool I guess."
I feel like drummers in general get shafted so hard.
>>
>>27015415
I'm just a good mimic as far as I know. I sing along with my iPhone or radio in my car when I'm alone. My guitar teacher and parents have told me I'm surprisingly good at singing. I'm surprised people can be bad. I know nothing technically. Just payed attention and mimiced what I heard.
>>
I want to play guitar and a flute, something you can do innawoods or just pass the time and enjoy music
>>
>>27015542
People that don't play instruments in general tend to look down on drums because they think it's not as fiddly, I guess

I think most people that play would tell you how hard it is to actually find a decent drummer though
>>
File: fuckdapopo.jpg (9 KB, 176x153) Image search: [Google]
fuckdapopo.jpg
9 KB, 176x153
>>27015635
Don't your vocal chords or throat ever get sore? Do you ever run out of breath?
>>
>>27015788
My vocal chords get sore if I sing loud for around an hour. Not much different from talking loudly for awhile like at a concert. There are a few parts of songs that I can't hold enough breath to sing completely. For example the final bring me to life in bring me to life. To fix that you just have to practice holding your breath or a more careful way of measuring your breath.
>>
I can play basic drum stuff, but I cant dissasociate my right hand from the bass drum so I cant play songs
>>
Classical pianofag here, what composers do you guys like to play?
I play a lot of Rachmaninoff and Chopin
Plus Debussy to impress girls
>>
Grade 8 piano here, playing for 5 years
There will be a learning curve but then you can pick up the rest easy peasy
>>
>>27016046
That's cool anon, what are you working on atm?
>>
I play the guitar but I suck. I also have a piano so I know how to play a song or two on it. Good choice it's a good instrument op
>>
>>27014222
>>27014675
make sure you don't take all strings off at once or else the bridge will come off.
>>
>tfw my uni has a piano in the common room
>tfw when you play this and have at least 3 qts approach you after
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1LN7NucOLpM
All robots should learn music
>>
>>27016046
pls tell me more about the learning curve so I don't give up. been playing about a year and a half and the best I can play is maple leaf rag.
>>
>>27016284
>tfw learning piano
>too poor for lessons
>will never get the chance to play for others anyway

I don't have a shot either way.
>>
>>27015726
Guitarfags do that as well.
>>
>>27015726
i play in a band with a drummer who can't keep a steady fucking groove, constantly rushes

drives me out of my fucking mind.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.