[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys ever considered Christianity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
Have you guys ever considered Christianity?
>>
File: 1417279535491.gif (967 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1417279535491.gif
967 KB, 250x250
>>27012811
Don't think it gives you free access to white women in europe or lolis after suicide attacks so it's not worth.
>>
File: quote_hell.png (27 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
quote_hell.png
27 KB, 400x600
Considered it, but can't bring myself to believe in God.
>>
>>27012811
Nope, Americans made sure of that.
>>
>christianity
>religion in general
Top kek, explain why they made people pay for their place in heaven back in medieval times and then l might consider believing in a stupid ass magical invisible guy in the sky
>b-but omfg muh edgy xd le fedora atheism tipping
>>
File: 1449312247868.jpg (30 KB, 714x777) Image search: [Google]
1449312247868.jpg
30 KB, 714x777
Yes. I actually believe in it, but I find it near impossible to stop sinning in certain aspects (e.g., stop being so lustful), I'm a worthless person who couldn't be a good Christian, and church services where people say "God saved me from my depression" aggravate me to no end because the depression these people are experiencing lasts for a few months anyway, I've never heard of anyone with chronic depression, such as myself, get cured so. There's also the sense of community and feeling so outcast.

>tfw too robotic for religion
>tfw going to burn in Hell
>>
>>27012811

I can imagine this thread will get hundreds of angry replies like all these types of threads do.

I was baptized and all that, I've gone through my different phases of life, and now I'm stuck in a grey zone. I do not logically see why I should follow any religion, let alone one in particular.

The thing is, is that western society has proven that when religion loses it's influence, things become extremely degenerate. There is no evidence God doesn't exist, but I've asked for evidence that he does exist, and all I've gotten was fedora memes and angry replies.
>>
>>27013042
The church was responsible for keeping peace(there was no government), they had castles, forts and a army. I guess you can see that those things won't come free.

"But they did X a thousand years ago, they are bad"

You have to think how was the world back then, and what led to this decision.
>>
>>27012811
yes. deluding myself that something that doesn't respond to me and demands that i be or act a certain way somehow loves me kind of fucked me up worse.
>>
>>27013169
Literally TEN rules, how can it be so hard?
>>
I don't want to be restricted,
I want to keep my mind open.
>>
>>27013105
Have you been bathed in the blood of the lamb? And have you ever repented your sins and tried to fix your wrongdoings?
>>
File: 1417740932001.jpg (87 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1417740932001.jpg
87 KB, 800x800
How do I convert to Catholicism? I am not baptized yet, but I want to embrace the Holy Spirit. The prospect of becoming a monk and joining a monastery also sounds very appealing, but I can't do that as a heathen.
>>
>>27013239
Yes, I'm just a broken person.
>>
>>27013254
Then go to the altar, repent, and find ways to make everything better. It's worked wonders for me. Definitely not easy, but worth a shot for sure. Good luck.
>>
used to be one

but i grew out of it
>>
>>27013128
>The thing is, is that western society has proven that when religion loses it's influence, things become extremely degenerate

this is pretty much what keeps me stuck to religion. we can see the effects of atheism and a weakened spirit right in front of our eyes. no thank you, I'll keep believing instead.
>>
>>27013423
>>27013128
I find myself seeking spirituality but I just can't find something to believe in.

I know for sure religion is a good beautiful thing but can't believe in a single one.

I don't like this secular society to be honest but I'm not religious either, I feel very torn like in the middle of a battlefield.
>>
>>27013042
because the catholic church is/was run by jews and therefore deeply corrupt
>>
>>27013245
You don't want to go to Catholicism. You won't really understand what God is about as they're all about tradition and the Pope.

Look for a good protestant church that's community focused. You'll get to know Jesus much better through the bible.
>>
>>27012811
I was a christian for most of my life. When I actually considered it, doubt overwhelmed me. Theres no getting past the inconsistencies between the bible and science. Logic brought me to atheism and Nihilism.

I even tried to switch religions before completely falling out. Then I tried to get into paganism to piss religion off.

Now I don't care about religion at all in my daily life. More worried about feminism.
>>
>>27013569
>protestant
Degenerate as they come. I have no idea how you could dislike Catholicism but push for that piece of garbage. Orthodox is the way.
>>
>>27013586
Some of the best and most loving non degenerate people I know are Protestants. My dad's side were all Catholics and majority of Catholics I know are as degenerate, hollow and fake as they come.
>>
>>27012811

>Have you guys ever considered Christianity?

Why? normal people dont like me and christians downright hate me.

Im a fucking degenerate, and because of this i stay as far away from religion as i can.

I may join a cult if i find one thats fun.
>>
>>27012811
I have considered many religions. I've settled with secular spirituality.
I don't particularly think Christianity is a bad thing. I do wish America was able to get out of this party culture bullshit because Churches used to be a solemn thing (they still are, if you find smaller ones that do this).

Take marriage, it used to be a solemn and respectful ritual. Now people gorge themselves and all this other bogus garbage. It's a party.

I have a respect for what Christianity used to be, but even then I could not see myself truly believing in it. However the morals and practices it used to drill into the populace are largely beneficial, as we can see now what no self control does to a society. The previous iteration of Christianity emphasized discipline.

As long as people have a good moral compass and work to apply it to themselves, I see no harm in whatever they may choose to believe. But the way things are now I cannot condone many churches, especially the large ones that play that garbage christian-rock. Hymns were where it was at and they did it well.
>>
>>27012811
Tried to but felt it wasn't natural.
I went with another faith instead.
>>
>>27013615
Your daddy issues aside Catholicism is bad but Protestantism is even worse, what a disgusting history it has with butchering words and manipulating it to please the powers that be. Do not advise people because of your bias, show some restraint and let them come to their conclusion.
>>
>>27013502
have you ever been to 8chnet/fringe?

lurk around for a while and you might run across something that interests you
>>
>>27013663

>I have a respect for what Christianity used to be

Fucking kek, it was never what you think.

Just like any other religion its made to use you and its total bullshit.

Why do people even need religion? i mean, you robots.

What will it give you? I never needed fairytales to feel better, in fact, they make me feel worse.

Its like the normies are children with their gods. I dunno, i hope there's a god but i seriously doubt that we would ever see "IT" even if a god exists.
>>
>>27012811
Yes. There are lot of positive values in Christianity. Jesus's final act being one of forgiveness is feelsy as fuck. Also, the church going and the community it builds seem really quaint. But I sadly can't will myself into belief.
>>
Agnostic theism seems pretty wise. Christianity is still having trouble getting over a man who died more than 2,000 years ago..
>>
>not using the dark arts in order to get an upper hand on christian doctrine
grimorium practitioner here. AMA
>>
>>27013737
I don't need them, normal people do. I do not look down on them for that, there are many other things I can legitimately look down on them for.

The normal people are indeed children with their gods. It is even within their phrasing, "god's children".

Either way, I just think that the principals from it that meshed into our laws was more beneficial to them in the long run. A bit late for that now though, with how loose the law has turned.

Fairy tales are also bullshit because they used to be rather dark but now they have been twisted into this far too happy interpretation by the media. They too used to teach some valuable lessons.
>>
>>27013586
This. Orthodox Christianity is the one true faith.
>>
Always been an atheist but have recently considered becomming some sort of hardcore christian, seems to be the only thing that kept degenerates in check
>>
File: 1448439321350.png (154 KB, 253x395) Image search: [Google]
1448439321350.png
154 KB, 253x395
>>27012811
yeah I considered going back to pretending and maybe meet some qt pure grill but, it's too late now the damage is done, I can't stay in crowded places for more than 10 seconds without feeling spaghetti, there's no way I can go to church and socialize, I'm socially inept.
>>
>>27012811
Yes
I went through confirmation/affirmation of baptism when I was 13-14 and before that I was also christian

I hated every single person I met whilst doing that stuff and people at church were always rude to me(I think just because I was young?)
Why should I be part of something that makes me feel bad and where people in that group dislike me for no reason
>>
>>27013682
>disgusting history

Do you not realise how many different types of Christian groups came out of the protestant reform? Don't bag them all together and judge when all it really is about is focusing on the bible and only the bible as what the Lord commands of us. This is why I also mentioned he should find a good church where he agrees with what they teach.

My dad isn't the reason I'm against Catholics, even though he was sinful himself (despite playing piano at his masses, not gonna make a list). I just mentioned him to prove that I am familiar with Catholics and their church.

Catholics just don't understand how to live a godly life and treat God like a convenience or to improve their reputation.

Many of them never read or pick up the bible nor are they ever encouraged to at masses. They have no idea why sinning is a bad thing, or what God commands of them in any aspect of life. They think that getting into heaven is a self centred thing where its all about ME WHAT DO I PERSONALLY HAVE TO DO TO GET INTO HEAVEN, and they forget the point already that what they do should be to glorify God and not their own ego.

If you want God to listen to you, pray and pray frequently. He wants to listen.

If you want to hear God, read his word.

And if you want to experience his love and graciousness, then spend time with his people.
>>
>>27014038
I forgot to say that I am currently looking into Buddhism and the people I met are all way nicer and I agree more with the faith
Wouldn't call myself a Buddhist tho
>>
>""""joining"""" a religion when you don't believe in their God or have any regards for their teachings
I really hope you guys don't do this
>>
Does anyone here understand Islam?
>>
>>27014051
>cherrypicking, the post
come on now
>>
>>27014088
I know that they believe god created man out of clay. The same with christians and catholics being the I can respect the 'extremists' because they actually follow their holy doctrine. I might not like it, but it's better than cherrypicking your beliefs.
>>
>>27013042
Literally think about what you just posted

What does that have to do with whether or not God exists?
>>
>>27014114
I had thought moderate followers were against extremist behaviors?

Also, why are some Muslims killing other Muslims..?
>>
I like Taoism.
>>
>>27014088

I got a B in a class about it.
>>
Might as well just be a woman. Building bridges rather than walls.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.