[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I downloaded tinder, swapped right on every girl then my "likes"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
So I downloaded tinder, swapped right on every girl then my "likes" ended for 12 hours. What do I do now? It's been 2 hours, not a single match.

is this a scam?
>>
>>27012381
If you swipe right on every single person, you are considered spam and filtered out.
>>
>>27012381
You do realize that to get a match someone has to swipe you back.
>>
>>27012406
really?

>>27012412
why hasn't someone swiped me back yet?
>>
>>27012471
Your'e an ugly and tinder is shallow as fuck
>>
>>27012511
I don't consider myself ugly.
>>
>>27012519
Well with tinder you need to be at least an 7.5/10 as a guy to really get anything. Try Okcupid or something else.
>>
>>27012519
You're not the one you're trying to get to fuck you though
>>
what the fuck do you expect its like 5AM. stacies dont wake up till noon
>>
>>27012381
/g/ here. Do not use tinder. It is not a dating app, it is an ad network. They use your swipes to datamine you and rank you. It is not in their interest to give you matches, nor is it in their interest to get you to meet anyone. Their primary goal is to keep you using the app and swiping.
>>
>>27012666
>implying anyone on /g/ would have any luck with it anyway
>>
>>27013021
recieves important information from a guy about how a very popular ap is just a money making scheme by a bunch of scumbags

ignores information and berates man who told him it

this is why the west is fucked
>>
>>27013021
I don't think you understand, tinder is not about "luck," the matches that are presented to you are carefully calculated. Every single person is ranked and categorized based on a number of factors. The algorithm is facebook and google tier garbage that just makes guesses over and over again until it hooks you into using the app.
>>
>>27012381
you continue swiping tomorrow, and then the day after that and then after that
>>
>>27012406
source on this?

original rtext
>>
>>27012666
What useful information could they possibly get from "data mining" tinder swipes? That slim attractive people get more hits than fat ugly ones? Woah that's a scientific breakthrough right there
>>
>>27013188
will I eventually get a match?
>>
>>27013230
Tinder is an ad network, they make money from ads. Anything and everything they can guess about you from your habits on the app can be used as a metric to serve you ads.
>>
>>27013066
Ignoring discussion and posting dumb insults is what 4chan is all about
>>
>>27013280
probably

>>27013291
ive never ever getten an add on tinder wtf u on about?
>>
>>27013304
I've never used the app or social media but don't you input a lot of information?

Sexual preference, age, hobbies, likes dislikes, favourite food, places you like to visit, etc?

Also gender location and your picture.

This will all be used to serve you ads.
>>
>>27013333
idk i have just made a fb with a few pics and then i put a discription of my hobby's

i dont get any ads anywhere, where would I get adds then?
>>
>>27013363
Ignore him, just typical /g/ tinfoil hat scaremongering
>>
>>27013363
when I said "you" I did and didn't mean directly.

The data is bought from whatever social media you are on and used for marketing research.

Why do you think things are free?

Not sure now but even pictures uploaded become property of what ever corp owns the social media you are on and they can be sold for profit too.
>>
> been using app for months
> most matches have been prostitutes
> rest are bots or cunts who unmatch me 2 messages later
> girl who doesn't unmatch me
> she's underage

I want off this ride.
>>
>>27013392
Not scaremongering just the reality in which we live and you are an example of why this scumbagery will never be beaten because you are ignorant.

Nothing is free, no one cares about you or providing a service for you. There is always an agenda.

I'ts just good business.
>>
>>27013405
How much under age and how old are you?
>>
>>27013409
Linux is free.........
>>
>>27013363
Your information is being sold to advertising companies, because the free market is fucked.
>>
>>27013805
... You mean GNU/Linux
>>
>>27013805
>>27013858
This

And sadly no its not, most major distros are doing exactly what I've been talking about.

You gotta go full FOSS if you want out but those things are a nightmare to run on modern hardware.
>>
>>27013858
My point stands still
>>
>>27013894
What point?
>>
>>27013890
>most major distros are doing exactly what I've been talking about.
Source on this bullshit?

Also there are a lots of free and open source softwares that are made simply out of a hobby and passion, great and useful softwares
>>
File: 1438633039237.jpg (51 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1438633039237.jpg
51 KB, 540x429
>>27012381
You have to be Chad to use Tinder. Women in online dating are even more selective than women in real life.
>>27012519
No one considers themselves ugly until you're forced to objectively view yourself in the face of your competition. Make a female account and look at what the dudes on there look like. I guarantee, based on the fact that you post here, you're nowhere near up to par with the other guys.

And getting a woman to swipe right on you is only the very first step. Then you have to impress her in conversation. You have to stand out fast so that you're more interesting than the 100 other guys she's also currently conversing with. Then you have to move it onto getting her number then setting up a date, all within a few days before she loses interest. It's not worth the fucking trouble unless you're Chad, sorry man.
>>
>>27013916
That its free as in freedom
>>
>>27012381
Have some fucking prefences man. I swap left on post wall and chicks older than 22
>>
>>27013922
>>27013938

Ubuntu and derivatives of it.
>>
>>27013924
It's not about being ugly, ugly people know they're ugly. Its about being average, if you're average youre dead in the water. You have to stand out, your pictures and bio count. Half ass it and you won't get any matches because women get a match every time they swipe, so they're gonna be extremely picky.
>>
>>27013924
>Then you have to impress her in conversation. You have to stand out fast so that you're more interesting than the 100 other guys she's also currently conversing with. Then you have to move it onto getting her number then setting up a date, all within a few days before she loses interest. It's not worth the fucking trouble unless you're Chad, sorry man.

All of this. I've gotten fed up of this shit now. I could put in effort to stand out, get their number and then they flake on a date. Then I sometimes feel if I keep talking to them, I sound desperate so I lay off a bit but then that's when they could lose interest.

It's just so fucking boring. I've got a recent match who actually wanted to meet up with me. Been on 3 dates so far but I'm starting to feel like I'm too desperate cause I just wanna talk to her and arrange another date.
>>
>>27013983
You're correct. Average IS ugly for those women on Tinder because they have their pick of the hottest guys. You have to really stand out.

>>27014000
Same story here basically, I just got bored of it really fast. I did all sorts of shit to make myself more appealing, and it worked, but I just felt like a circus animal jumping through hoops so that I could maybe possibly get a little attention from the women. Then they'd get bored and flake on me because they had options. Not worth it. The upside is that I learned a lot about female behavior and I've been better at dealing with women offline since.
>>
>>27014000
Dude you Gotta bang em on the first date. Seriously go in for the kiss as soon as you meet them. You've already chatted her up on tinder. You don't need multiple dates to do this
>>
>>27014000
Preoccupy yourself with installing an open source operating system, then play the game.. Whenever she wants to do something, say you are busy searching for compatible back-stream packages for the next obscure C++ binary.
>>
>>27013664

25 and she's 17. She also said she just came out if a rough relationship and I haven't replied since. I don't know what to say because I don't want to be tracked as a pedophile.
>>
>>27015225
you can match 17yr olds on tinder?
>>
>>27015387

She shows up as 18 but she looks much younger so I asked how old she was and she said 17 in HS.

Either she's being honest or she's trolling me so I fuck off, but I guess if she really wanted the latter she would have just unmatched me like everyone else.
>>
>>27015449
Why dont you have a seat?

I mean if she was 18 ok but 17? fucking pedo scum kill yourself
>>
>>27015225
Last year I was 30 when I matched and banged a 17 year old. It's legal where I am but I felt un easy about it then I realised that its just sex, im not promising her anything more than a good time and she wants it too. I'm not going to get her pregnant and I don't even have to tell anyone. So we met up and had awesome sex and both continued on with our lives.
>>
>>27015449
Either that or they're auditioning you for the new To Catch a Predator.
>lulz, ok I'm not actually 17 either. I'm only 14. We still cool?
>>
use okcupid instead, be honest about your favorite bands, books and movies but don't reveal your power level and you'll get a cute 6,5/10 tumblrina girlfriend
>>
>>27015489

You can get in a lot of shit if she decides she wants a different Chad cock now and claims rape.

Not only you would have raped a woman, but also raped a minor.
>>
I just finally got a smart phone, and I downloaded this Tinder app I've heard so much about.

I've used Okcupid, and it seemed like everyone was either fat and ugly, or had some obnoxious sjw political stuff for their bio. It was quite depressing, actually.

On tinder, it seems like the girls are prettier, and there are no long-winded profiles. It's much shallower, which I think is actually preferable.

It's only been a day so far. We'll see how this goes...
>>
>>27015941
What part of legal where I live do you not understand? And I hook up a lot, any of them could claim rape.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.