[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most useful language for a Brit to learn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: spice-girls-british-flag.jpg (26 KB, 424x236) Image search: [Google]
spice-girls-british-flag.jpg
26 KB, 424x236
What is the most useful language for a Brit to learn?
>>
>>27011539

Arabic

Noc
>>
>>27011539
French is a nice, and fairly easy language to learn
If we're talking about utility though, probably Chinese, as China is the biggest Nation in the world.
>>
>>27011672
That's silly logic anon, are you about to actually go live in China?
>>
>>27011979
There are tonnes of Chinese people in the UK though
>>
>>27011979
It helps if you ever get a job with opportunities to work overseas

It'll also make it easier to learn other asian languages like Korean and Nipponese
>>
>>27011555
/thread
also trips
>>
[any language you couldn't think of]
>>
>>27012002
You're not very likely to meet Chinese people who can't speak English if you aren't in China.
>>
Arabic you silly cuck :^)
>>
>>27012017
Pretty much every person in the UK can speak English so all foreign languages are useless
>>
>>27012005
If you want to learn Korean or Japanese, why not just learn those languages from the start? Also why would you want to get a job in China? To be honest it doesn't seem like a very good place to live because of the government, pollution and general living standards. I understand that sometimes you might not be able to get a job, but learning a different language and moving to another country that's probably a worse place to be seems a bit absurd.
>>
>>27011539
S P A N I S H
P
A
N
I
S
H

Might aswell learn to speak the 2nd most spoken language in the world
>>
>>27011539
Depend what you seek for
>Casual Conversation and culture
French, Spanish, German.
>For survival purpose
Arabic.
>For business
Mandarin.
>>
>>27011539
English, I guess.
>>
>>27011539

Most could do with english
>>
Nihongo
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 964x985) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 964x985
>>27011539
>Bullet in head
>Bullet in head

1789 best day of my life.

Remove Eternal Anglo. Remove eternal anglo. You are worst english you are Angleterre smell, return to Brittany. You can come to our country you can live in the zoo, Honhonhon
>>
>>27012046
Learning a language for career reasons is perfectly valid. If OP was moving to a country I assume he would have said, but he said what language would be useful.

Using it to further learn languages is an added benefit, not the point of it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.