[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
okay robots i messed up. so my ear kinda felt clogged after taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: dubs.jpg (20 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
20 KB, 400x388
okay robots i messed up. so my ear kinda felt clogged after taking a shower so i got the pocket clip off a pen and broke it try to dig the clogged ear wax out. suddenly a really bad pain then blood started coming from my ear. now it feels muffled, ringing. i also rub my fingers together outside both ears for the noise and notice there's hearing impairment.

it's not painful, nor am i completely deaf, but it's really really annoying having this muffled sound and ringing. i don't have medical insurance so if i go to teh doctor can they still bill me for it and help? i've never been so depressed this is bad plus i don't know the resolve?
>>
>had a similar problem
>am from UK so had it sorted within days free of charge
>being from 'free' murica

^ there's your real problem OP
>>
could be you punctured your ear drum, or you cut somewhere in your ear and the blood is clogging it along with all ear wax in there

either way you need to go to an ear doctor, there's really no other way. if you punctured your ear drum you can get an ear infection
>>
>>27011189
okay that's the main thing i'm sure a doctor can help me. i just don't have medical insurance ;_;

i mean surely if they do something to fix it wont' be but a couple hundred dollars - if even. i just don't know if they'll even help me without medical insurance. i was crying about earlier knowing if i didn't go digging in my ear everything would be fine. worst yet i'll have to explain to the doctor that i was digging in there with a plastic pen clip to which he'll think i'm a complete cretin.
>>
just wait a day or 2 and don't stick any sharp shit in your ears. it should heal up if you punctured something not too bad. if your still having hearing problems and it feels clogged then pour some hydrogen peroxide in the ear and lay on your side with a towel. there will be some bubbling popcorny stuff goin on and maybe a little itching/burning. after 10 or 15 min of this turn your head over and let that shit leak out onto a towel. use the corner of the towel to try and clear the rest out. and you will be fine. you could put the peroxide in now if you don't feel like waiting but it might hurt really bad since you shoved that paper clip in and poked a hole in your ear drum.
>>
>>27011223
i googled this. i know what the prognosis etc i just my main question is will a walk-in clinic somewhere help me wihtout insurance?
>>
Preferred
>>27011243
Oh god don't do this it will disolvd the ear fibers behind the eardrum
>>
Use hydrogen peroxide to unclog the wax. I have had to do this numerous times since I rarely shower and wax often builds up.
>>
>>27011296
DO NOT DO THIS

if you punctured your ear drum this is a really bad idea. literally a guaranteed infection if you do this and it's punctured
>>
>>27011312
okay i htink i punctured it because of the blood. i not plan on doing this but out of curiosity wouldn't hydrogen peroxide prevent an ear infection? seems like it'd kill all the germs that could be getting into the wound.
>>
>>27011353
yeah it would. that guy is a normie and has probably never had impacted ear wax before. If you just put a little in it could help break up a lot of that wax and virtually none will go past your ear drum. Unless you put that shit in there really deep you didn't puncture your ear drum. you just cut yourself. if you want to be a major pussy they have ear wax removal kits at the drug store that have other solutions that aren't as abrasive as hydrogen peroxide, but the one i got didn't work for me. hydrogen peroxide always breaks that shit up.
>>
>>27011171
Don't do this:
>>27011243
It makes chlorine gas.

(Very original and funny meme)
>>
I'm sure there's a health line or something you can call. Ask them what you should do, or what could be done with no insurance. You can't just hope it will heal on it's own, it sounds pretty bad. If you leave it, you might have permanent damage.
>>
alternatively you could try to create a vacuum and suck the impacted wax out by putting a finger in your ear and kind of sea sawing it back and forth by rotating it up and down. or sometimes if you grab onto your ear from the back and shift it around pulling and pushing it will pop out. just go to a doctor if you're really worried and especially if it keeps bleeding. if you did puncture it it will heal on it's own and be fine with time. the deafness you're experiencing is most likely the wax clogging it.
>>
And don't go putting liquids or anything in your ear, you'll just make it worse.
>>
>>27011171
you know they have very cheap solutions to clear your ears?
>>
File: 1436155964087.jpg (31 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1436155964087.jpg
31 KB, 313x286
>>27011171
At the very least before you take stupid advice from /r9k/ with self remedies, go to a free clinic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_clinic) and get it looked at.
>>
>>27011171
You should go to otorhinolaryngologist. Or whatever they call ear doctor outside of my country.
>>
>>27011560
wow i actually found one in my town. i didn't even know they existed. i wouldv'e never figured this out but now i feel relieved.
>>
>>27011582
god you're a faggot

shove some hot wheels up your nose and tie your dick off until it's cold and black, you spineless fuck
>>
I don't really know what this post is about. I'm pretty drunk right now, i've never been drunk before now and i decided to go on 4chan and this is the first post i saw. I forgot what the post was about by the time that i figured out how to reply to it. Apparently i'm sober enough to go back and fix my grammar though
>>
>>27011617
no i had a case manager to help me wiht life skills but now i'm on my own 1000 miles away so when something comes up i usually come on here to ask for help or wander around until i figure it out.
>>
>>27011189

I'm from the UK and I have the same problem, how do I get this fixed for free?
>>
>>27011710
Go to a GP...
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.