[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
r9k approved bands/artists >Radiohead >Joy Division >The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: okkid.jpg (8 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
okkid.jpg
8 KB, 220x229
r9k approved bands/artists

>Radiohead
>Joy Division
>The Smiths
>Elliott Smith
>Nick Drake
>Simon and Garfunkel
>NMH
>Weezer
>Sufjan Stevens

Care to add anymore? Or to tell me why I'm a fucking idiot for including some of these bands, and why said bands are ''meme'' bands?
>>
>>27005111
Those are some epic entry-tiers gotta hand it to u buddy
>>
It's like I'm really on /mu/.
>>
>>27005133
What does that even mean? They're all relatively popular? So fucking what? Add some obscure ones then you little special snowflake faggot
>>
File: 1390278398161.jpg (17 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
1390278398161.jpg
17 KB, 240x210
>Tool
>A Perfect Circle
>Puscifer
>>
>Modest Mouse
>Duster
>>27005133
/mu/ is down the hall and to the left
>>
Beach Boys (specifically Brian's sad songs). He is the original sad boy. Some of those lyrics just make you feel so hard. Good list OP
>>
Have a nice Life and Giles Corey, obviously.
>>
>>27005111
Burial.
Its like /r9k/ the artist
>>
wilco
>>
>My Chemical Romance
>Blink-182
>Arctic Monkeys
>PewDiePie
>>
tame impala
deerhunter
black angels
atlas sound
black moth super rainbow
>>
>Daniel Johnston
>Crywank
>Xasthur
>General dungeon synth music

You can't get more robot than this
>>
>>27005111
daniel johnston

>>27005317
p gud

>>27005379
ye crywank too
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdAyFsgS2iE
Normies won't dare pierce beyond Macintosh Plus
>>
>>27005111
Why would you let other people tell you what to like or what to think? Most of the folks on here are idiots. Some are mentally ill or deranged. Don't listen to anything except your heart.
>>
Pat the Bunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE5TPto7cEk
>>
Modest Mouse

Portishead

Raiohea

Built to spill

etc etc etc
>>
>>27005227
-Brian's R9K Sad Boy Playlist-
>In My Room
>Warmth of the Sun
>Please Let Me Wonder
>In the Back of my Mind
>Don't Talk
>God Only Knows (you can always view this song as a guy talking about suicide)
>I'm Waiting For the Day (the Chad takes the girl back at the end if you pay attention to the final verse)
>I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
>Caroline No
>Surf's Up
>Where is She
>Lonely Days
>A Day in the Life of a Tree
>til' I Die
>It's Over Now
>Still I Dream of It
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 399x400
ATTENTION /R9K/

TRUE ROBOTS LISTEN TO AN EXTENSIVE AMOUNT OF CLASSIC ROCK

THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST AUTISTIC GENRES OF MUSIC FOR A 20-SOMETHINGS NALE TO BE INTERESTED IN

IF YOU DO NOT LISTEN TO CLASSIC ROCK, PROG ROCK IN PARTICULAR, THERE IS A LARGE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU ARE IN FACT A NORMIE

THIS HAS BEEN A BRIEF PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
>>
>>27005591
I got sick of classic rock by the time I turned 20. it's all I listened to for 8 years. I learned to play guitar by playing along to led zeppelin and pink floyd songs.

I can't really listen to it anymore because I completely burned myself out on it
>>
>>27005638
Oh okay have fun listening to Joey badass and Katy Perry
>>
>>27005591
normies have very limited taste in general. there is a broad spectrum of music out there that will get you labeled a weirdo by normies, classic rock is in fact one of the more normal things you can listen to
>>
>>27005111

>bands that were hip in 2010

this was when you were in your prime years right?

>>27005133

kek
>>
>>27005638
I don't know how you can burn yourself out on decades worth of music. I might get burned out on bands but there's always something I haven't listened to.
>>
>>27005678
joey is fucking great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqn7mVD3liU
>>
eels

seriously just eels
>>
>>27005723
and sparklehorse too
>>
>>27005707
I'm talking about the big name classic rock groups

there's still stuff I listen to from that era like mahavishnu Orchestra and King Crimson, some other jazz fusion stuff is good too like Shakti, but the big names are just done for me, burned out.
>>
>not liking vaporwave anymore
>>
>>27005678
>>27005719
Joey was a fucking robot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcmR8DxuHBA
>>
>>27005827
*STEEZ
>>
and AJJ maybe

>if there's a god in the sky or a devil below.
>that doesn't matter to me
>cause I see satan's face when I look in the mirror
>I see god inside of all of the people I meet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7qJYG8b0U4
>>
Pavement's pretty good for high school/teenage nostalgia; good for browsing "that kid" threads.
>>
>Courtney Barnett
>Seacats
>The Rentals
>American Football
>Earth
>>
>>27005111
/normie/ approved bands/artists u mean
>>
>>27005578
Thank you for the list man.
>>
>>27006213
>Courtney Barnett

Great taste, she's good

>>27005111
>Elliott Smith
If there's any robot on here that hasn't listened to Elliott then please do your self a favor. He's one of the most beautiful and earnest songwriters in the last few decades
>>
>>27005426
Daniel Johnston for sure. Check the documentary if you haven't already. I'm glad he's gotten better over the last few years.
>>
File: rottingchristritualscd.jpg (71 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
rottingchristritualscd.jpg
71 KB, 638x638
>>27005111
I can't be the only one who loves Rotting Christ
>>
>>27007125
You ain't.
>>
>>27007170
APAGE SATANA
>>
I like pretty much all of those bands but whenever I try to listen to OK Computer it just sounds like noise. Like for whatever reason I can't get my ears to sort out the sounds. I have no idea why this is.
>>
dntel
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.