[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time to get a job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
About to start dropping off resumes, got any tips guys?
>>
Just apply everywhere. Most like online apps now.
>>
>>27004032
Don't list everything. Make it seem like you have only worked at a few places (but for long periods of time.) Also, if you had a high GPA (in college or even fucking highschool), make sure to include it near the top. This helps if you have a shitty meme degree like Political Science.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (42 KB, 316x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
42 KB, 316x200
>>27004104
>putting GPA in the top of your resume

are you being serious
>>
>>27004032
#1 tip is have a job while looking for a job
>>
Just lie about everything even experience if it's min wage, that's how I got my job

Also if they question your experience tell them your other jobs did it different
>>
>>27004172
Tried at 3 different jbhifi's, they basically told me to fuck off, didn't even accept my resumes, there goes all my confidence :(
>>
>>27004217
>he had the confidence to enter 3 stores and try to give them his resume
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT NORMIE
>>
>>27004138
I put straight G at the top of mine
>>
>>27004138
Laugh all you want but it works unless you are an idiot who got shitty grades. It is especially helpful if you are like me and have a shit degree.
>>
Ask the manager for his/her number so you can follow up on the application process

They want to see that you're eager to work
>>
File: youre-welcome.png (46 KB, 858x629) Image search: [Google]
youre-welcome.png
46 KB, 858x629
>>27004032
Follow my format, font style and all, and you'll be okay.

>mfw going through a whole process of censoring my resume and cutting it down
>>
>>27004426
You worked at Macy's?

did you work in the parade too?
>>
>>27004426
Thanks anon
Original comentino
>>
File: 1453621307045.png (124 KB, 249x272) Image search: [Google]
1453621307045.png
124 KB, 249x272
>dropping off resumes

Is this the 1960's?
>>
>>27004546
I've tried applying online with fuck all responses
>>
>>27004032
lie, lie about everything, everyone lies on their resumes. If you need job experience just say that you worked for X small company for a few months before it shut down so now they won't be able to call to verify, if they check your taxes or something you can always say it was an unpaid internship. Worked for me, funny thing is I even had an elaborate plan with fake emails, burner phones with voice messages and everything and they didn't check a single reference.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.