[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I bother texting a girl and asking her to lunch when she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1
File: 1451588514433.jpg (31 KB, 550x662) Image search: [Google]
1451588514433.jpg
31 KB, 550x662
Should I bother texting a girl and asking her to lunch when she said 'Maybe not this week because I'm very busy' whilst she gave me her number?

I told her I'd text her later on to setup a time and date and she agreed. Is it useless to do so considering she used the 'busy' excuse?

To be fair, she has a major event on that she needs to prepare for next week but I'm sure she could've found an hour for lunch.

Robots? Should I have a go or is it worthless? I don't want it to be awkward if she uses the busy excuse again or ignores me...so should I just give up? Whilst I was looking at her she would look into my eyes and look away..I could sense the hesitation. We've chatted a few times here and there but after she gave me her number we had another 5 min conversation.
>>
>>27003083
Wait one week, then text her. Don't do it now, let it ride.
>>
>>27003105

Of course I wont do it now, I just got her number today.

The point is - Should I still text her within a weeks time or is it pointless considering she didn't make time for this week? The busy excuse holds up as she has a proper major event - but the whole 'she would've made time for you' argument is compelling.
>>
wait. don't come across as thirsty af.
>>
>>27003105
this
if she says no/has another excuse then just move on
>>
dude

Dont ask

Say "lets get coffee."

Youre welcome
>>
>>27003140

I am waiting. The question was whether I should actually do it anon.
>>
From what you're saying, I can tell you're fucked.

I don't have any advice to give. Every time I text a girl it goes wrong. But I've researched enough things that you still don't know to know that you don't know enough to pull it off. Just drop it.

Actually, talk to her, do your best effort and learn from your rejection. It feels like shit but it's the best way to learn
>>
>>27003160

I didn't ask. I said - lets grab lunch together.

>>27003157

If she uses another excuses after her major event then i'll know for sure shes not interested.
>>
>>27003083
does anyone know who is the girl?
>>
>>27003202

Thats a trap.

>>27003173

If she rejects me I won't care - her loss. What I'm trying to find out is whether its worth it to begin with in terms of asking her.
>>
>>27003083
Don't bother she would have found the time if she wanted to. It was a polite no thanks on her part let it go.
>>
no one is that busy. no one. she's probably just not interested in you. text her in two weeks and watch how she'll use another bullshit excuse.
>>
>>27003748

You really think so Anon? I would've still liked to at least try a text - That way it would've been a definite answer as to whether shes interested or not.

But I suppose you're right - ill delete her number.
>>
>>27003802

Well the way she phrased it was -

"Maybe not this week because the X event is next week"
>>
>>27003824
if she actually liked you she'd find a way to spend time with you

the busy excuse is the oldest cheapest nonsense excuse women use to essentially say 'fuck off' in a nice way

if some ugly fat girl asked you out for coffee what would you do? use an excuse. you're the fat girl in this situation.
>>
>>27003880

Yeah you're right. I'll delete her number.
>>
>>27003128
Why does it even matter? It takes you one second to send a text.

If she says yes, great, if no response, then you wasted one second.
>>
>>27003860
so, what, for two weeks she's the busiest person in the world and has absolutely no free time for anything? she must be one important person.
>>
>>27003935

Well she gets a 1 hour lunch break and lately they've been eating inside their office which I can't exactly go into.

But you're right. The rule stands - if she was actually interested she would've made time.

Thanks anons - ill delete her number and ignore her from now on - Not even greetings.
>>
>>27003983
don't play it like that, that's beta

just don't text her. if she doesn't text you again, you'll have an answer. if she actually does text you you might have a slim chance. she won't text you though.
>>
>>27003802
>>27003880
Read These. They are Correct.
Sorry OP, good job on getting out there, at least.
You'll have better luck next time.
>>
>>27004026

She doesn't have my number to begin with.

So essentially - Forget about her and don't try texting?
>>
>>27004101
oh, well, in that case just text her after her ultra busy two weeks to see where you stand.

I really don't think you'll have much luck, but fuck it, see what happens. if she gives another excuse just get rid of her number. do not text her at all until after her omg so busy event
>>
>>27004162

You're right anon that makes sense. I'll let the ultra busy weeks go by and if she throws up another excuse - I'll know where I stand. For now ill just play it cool and let the clock tick.

thanks bro
>>
>>27003083
Hey OP, I'm in the same kind of predicament. Honestly, if she wanted to spend time with you, even if she was packed for the week, she'd find a space in her schedule to fit you in.

Think about if you actually ended up getting into a relationship with this girl however: would you want to be in a relationship with a girl that doesn't make you one of her priorities?

No? Then don't go for it. You're better than that.
>>
>>27003083
>Whilst

You've been doomed all along Family
>>
>>27004192

Thanks anon.

I mean, I did play it very casually and just brought up the idea of grabbing lunch together sometime. But you're right. If she was into me as I am into her she would've set a time and date right then and there.

Oh well.
>>
>>27003083
>text her
1. chance hang
2. chance dont hang
>dont text her
1. dont hang regardless

not rocket science
>>
>>27004240
It's ok. Please don't sweat it too much. I know how much rejection hurts. If you're feeling especially shitty, please just take some time out of your day to think things through and don't be afraid to cry. Cry your heart out if you have to, but always keep in mind that there are many more girls out there that would feel lucky to have you around. You just have to find them.

Here's something useful that I think you should keep in mind: try to be friends with her friends. Even if she rejects you, maybe one of her friends finds you to her liking.

However, keep in mind that some drama could arise out of the situation, and the girl that previously rejected you all of a sudden finds you more desirable.

Anyway, best of luck in your journey OP. Try not to sweat the small stuff too much. I believe in you.
>>
>>27004192
women arent proactive like that very often even if interested.
>>
>>27004355

I'll give it 2 weeks.

>>27004359

Thanks anon. I won't be able to be friends with her though. She works in the same building as me and you know how the work related stuff is bullshit.

I'll give her 2 weeks and see how it goes I suppose.

Shes probably girl number 25 or something that has done this over the past 4 years of uni and work.
>>
>>27003128
This would be the first date, so the "she would've made time for you" point is invalid still. She doesn't know you on a personal level yet.

Put yourself in the girls shoes and you'll realize that a first date with a guy isn't something urgent.

If she gives you the busy excuse the second time you ask her out, then drop her.
>>
>>27004389
wait, are you the guy that posted a few weeks back that wanted to give a girl he works in the same building with chocolates?
>>
>>27004450

Well when would you text her? I know shes busy next week Wed/Thurs as those 2 days are the event itself and this week is preparation for it.
>>
>>27003083
Who the fuck knows desu, women are so crazy and fickle and manipulative and shitty that it literally could mean anything. You can do everything right and in the end it comes down to that she thinks youre too nice today because Tyrone checked her ass out on the bus and it got her wet

Women are shit. Focus on making money so you can buy a mail order bride from a different country 3 years from now
>>
>>27004468

No. Why would I give her chocolates before I've gotten her number?

I don't want to spend any more money and time on her than I need to prior to any chance of a relationship.
>>
>>27003105
>>27003128
>>27003140
FUCK WOMEN AND THEIR FUCKING BULLSHIT YOU CANT SHOW INTEREST IN ME HEHEHEEH :P

FUCK THEM AND THEIR SHIT GAMES

FUCK THEM FUCK THEM FUCK THEM

THEY ARE NOT HUMAN
>>
>>27003162
you should text her telling you that this is your number and your just saying hey
>>
>>27004514

Thats beta.
>>
>>27004514
you're dumb anon

don't you understand that she is unbelievably busy? how dare you interrupt her business you fucking shitlord
>>
>>27004523
the other way would be you texting her outta nowhere and her trying to remember how you got her number
>>
>>27004479
Ask her out for next Saturday morning brunch somewhere casual.
>>
>>27004484
this kid gets it
>>
>>27004584

When should I do this though if I got her number, today.
>>
>>27004900
friday afternoon so she wont have time to flake
>>
>>27004900
Friday evening ask her for brunch Saturday morning. Downplay it hard though to make it seem super casual as if it doesn't come off as a date. What works for me would be something like
>"want to grab brunch at [restaurant] at 10:30am?"
>>
>>27004950
>>27004931

pls give me a template to use anon - im shit at this brah
>>
>>27004975
Well, normally I'd text her "what's up" hoping that she admits to doing something trivial like watching netflix. You'll have her right where you want her.

Then ask her for brunch. She'll look like a douche if she turns down brunch for netflix.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.