[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My bf just got diagnosed with cancer (pancreatic) and that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9
File: c24.jpg (34 KB, 409x478) Image search: [Google]
c24.jpg
34 KB, 409x478
My bf just got diagnosed with cancer (pancreatic) and that's more of a problem than I feel capable of dealing with. I don't think I could even handle being a wife in that situation, and I definitely don't want to get into all this before even being married. How do I break up with him without looking like a bad person?
>>
Just wait it out. He'll probably be dead soon anyway.
>>
>>27002590
you fucking don't break up
>>
>>27002590
>How do I break up with him without looking like a bad person?
You are a bad person
Also reported for female bullshit
>>
He will be hurt. You'd look like a bad person but I understand your concerns. I would like to leave too. Maybe you can make him understand if you cry enough and he will kill himself for you.
>>
>How do I break up with him without looking like a bad person?
You can't. You are a terrible, reprehensible person.

Who the fuck would abandon someone going through some serious shit just because it's going to be difficult and not as fun as you thought it would be.
>>
File: Filthy Casual.jpg (51 KB, 330x480) Image search: [Google]
Filthy Casual.jpg
51 KB, 330x480
>>27002590
>bf gets PC
>peasant considers dumping him

Being part of the master race can be tragic, senpai
>>
>>27002590
that's the worst cancer. why not just wait it out? You will get shitloads of attention and you'll be beyond reproach
>>
File: 024.jpg (41 KB, 564x421) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
41 KB, 564x421
>>27002590
Being scared and selfish doesn't make you a bad person . . . just selfish and scared

Just tell him you can't handle any responsibilities in your life right now and need to move on
>>
>>27002590
Think about how you would feel if he abandoned you.

And don't give that shitty copout "i'd just want what makes him happy" just so you can justify your own actions. Really think how you would feel.
>>
You are a horrible person why would you make the end of his life suck so hard with a break up and cancer
>>
>>27002590
Open relationship. Keep it with him, but screw men on the side so that you have a replacement.
>>
>>27002646
get fucking real idiot, its pretty shitty to have to suddenly become a caretaker of the sick, at the end of the day you just gotta do what makes you happy and gtfo of a sinking ship
>>
>>27002691
Who the fuck would sensibly stay with someone you would burden if you care for them?
>>
>>27002590
You're a whore you don't love him you never did. Can't even wait for him to die to jump on the next cock.

Women disgust me and i want nothing to do with cunts who can't love.

You're a horrible person and i wouldn't give you the time of day.

I hope he kills you.
>>
>>27002727
You're just as bad as this cunt kill yourself tripfag hidden and ignored for life.
>>
File: 1453836635723.jpg (15 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
1453836635723.jpg
15 KB, 395x395
>>27002727
>Being selfish doesn't make you a bad person
>>
>>27002921
>at the end of the day you just gotta do what makes you happy
At the cost of all others, eh?

You disgust me. I would compare you to a mindless animal but even animals will try to take care of their sick. You're nothing.
>>
What's better. Him being alone or you sticking around and making his life difficult by not being a good partner because you're worried all the time.
Just look at how hard Skylar made Walters life in Breaking Bad.
>>
>>27002993
what do you want her to do then, be unhappy in a relationship she doesn't want to be in? She's not married to the guy. Yes it's not a good thing, but some people don't want to deal with that.
>>27002996
She sounds more scared than selfish imo. If she doesn't want to deal with it then that's her decision, they're not married.
>>
>>27003055
>trade a dying mans happiness for your own
Yeah seems like a pretty fucking good deal.
>>
>>27003078
>If she doesn't want to deal with it then that's her decision
Of course it is. That doesn't mean she isn't a shitty person
>>
>>27002590
you're a cunt, and a bad person.
>>
>>27003078
>Leaving your significant other when they're diagnosed with one of the most deadly cancers because you don't want to take care of them is more about your being scared than selfish
>>
>>27002590
If you care about someone you're there through the thick and thin.
>>
File: top quality.png (532 KB, 1597x1600) Image search: [Google]
top quality.png
532 KB, 1597x1600
>>27002590
Nice one OP, truly.
>>
>>27003078
Why are you so focused on her feelings? The guy has got fucking CANCER. The bloke is going to be in serious pain and will need all the help he can get. She's just a bit upset. For fuck's sake, sort your priorities.
>>
>>27002664
Fuck off and die
>>27002879
>Open relationship
implying it's a relationship
Got news for you that's not how relationships work you just want cock/pussy so stop trying to justify your're trashy life choices
>>27002921
At the end of the day you're a shitty person you know nothing about love get raped.
>>27002944
A normal person that cares and loves you not that you would know trash

Thanks all for the reminder that this world is vile and ruined because trashy people such as above. I want no part in you're shitty ways and society can kiss my ass. I know how to be a better human then you all.
>>
>>27002590

see other men while with him

wait it out until he dies, shouldn't be too long

I know it's shit to be seen as the abandoning SO in times of need, but having to take care of a cancer patient before even getting married is something nobody should have to deal with.
>>
>>27003136
Fuck i'm so drunk i didn't see it anon..i'll just go now
>>
File: dcc.jpg (46 KB, 291x383) Image search: [Google]
dcc.jpg
46 KB, 291x383
>>27002727

Thanks, that makes sense. I just texted him about this now (inb4 I should've done it in person, I don't want to make it harder) so hopefully he'll just process everything and we can both move on without any conflict.
>>
>>27003092
being scared doesn't make you a shitty person, just weak.
>>27003120
having the responsibility of someone who has cancer is VERY scary
>>27003137
Because the thread is about her making her own decisions. The guy has to have some family or friends and if he doesn't, Homehealth is fully covered by insurance for cancer patients.
>>
>>27003250
Bait

Baito
>>
>>27003265
Being unable to put your feelings of fear aside is selfish in of itself.
>>
>>27003250
>Things that didn't happen
But in case not troll i hope you get cancer and see how you feel.

>>27003265
You're a shitty person
<having the responsibility of someone who has cancer is VERY scary
No shit and you run like a giant pussy you're a COWARD! and shits like you do not deserve love
>>
>>27003171
>Thanks all for the reminder that this world is vile and ruined because trashy people such as above
This.

Anyone defending OP shows a total lack of empathy, soul and compassion. Those defending OP are the 'me, me, me' cunts who are just irredeemable scum and everything wrong with the world.
>>
>>27003311
she could still be his friend and help him

but I know for damn sure if I was 19 years old, I wouldn't want a bf with cancer
>>27003372
I'm not saying she should run, but she doesn't have to remain his gf if she doesn't want to deal with having a partner with cancer

It really depends how serious the relationship is.
>>
>>27003372

>i hope you get cancer

wow, anon. I hope I can one day become as compassionate as you.
>>
>>27003406
I know if I was 19 years old an diagnosed with cancer I'd be fucking devastated if the girl I was with broke up with me cause she "just couldn't deal"
>>
>>27003419
Or be as compassionate as OP?
>>
>>27003055
Humans are animals and what you are saying simply isnt true, animals abandon their sick and wounded and they die pups who dont feed off their mother's milk die and thats it
Stupid inbreed
>>
File: 043.jpg (51 KB, 564x752) Image search: [Google]
043.jpg
51 KB, 564x752
>>27003426
>I'd be fucking devastated if the girl I was with broke up with me cause she "just couldn't deal"

Well that's life. Some people have their own lives to live. You can't go into a relationship and expect it to last forever unless you're married.
>>
File: Kill yourself.jpg (79 KB, 532x396) Image search: [Google]
Kill yourself.jpg
79 KB, 532x396
>>27003406
Please fucking end it i bet of you.
>>
>>27003461

You sound like an utterly fun fucking person to be around.

Your parents should have left you on a doorstep in the dead of winter so you'd croak it. You know, they have lives to live, you didn't marry them, so you cant expect them to look after you forever.

I know this is bait. But damn it annoys me.
>>
>>27003458
Only sub humans agree with this and they should be killed.
>>
>>27003461
Yeah fuck that guy with cancer, the girl is totally not bad for breaking up with him. #justgirlthings
>>
>>27003458
Elephants, lions, wolves. Smarter social animals will look after their sick. In some cases, even to the detriment of themselves. And that is good. That is selfless.

Herd animals leave their sick behind. They let the slowest among them get eaten by a predator.
>>
>>27003513
see >>27003171
Cunt
>>
>>27003561
>not recognizing poe's law

You tried.
>>
>>27003501

>Your parents should have left you on a doorstep in the dead of winter so you'd croak it. You know, they have lives to live, you didn't marry them, so you cant expect them to look after you forever.

>Implying it's normal for your parents to look after you forever

NEET detected.
>>
>>27003548
Like I just said the mother wolf will allow for her cubs to die if they dont get proper nourishment, furthermore this is only true for animals genetic line her bf is a stranger the onus isnt on her to make him happy, its her job to breed strong children and cancer boy wont do that. Its likely bait but it showcases /r.etards like you who dont belong here.
>>
nurse here.
one of my patients killed his wife when she left him after he got cancer.
he died before going to trial.
>>
File: 29.gif (65 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
29.gif
65 KB, 540x360
>>27003501
>You know, they have lives to live
They had a baby. That's a personal responsibility they take on. Adoption is an option if abortion or prenatal blockers is not. Otherwise that's a crime.
>>27003470
>>27003513
Idk how serious the relationship is, but life isn't a feel good movie. She can still be there for him, but it doesn't mean she has to remain his bf.

She's not his family and shouldn't feel obligated to stay under any circumstance. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
>>
>>27003580
<Not being normal
You failed
>>
>>27003641

Sorry mate but nah your a cunt.

If they had a baby, then look after it. But they birthed a cunt, so they should have incinerated it, or fed it to the dogs.
>>
>>27003641
*gf

spellchox
>>27003640
yeah, I could see that happening if they were married
>>27003667
Sorry you feel that way

but that's not how life works
>>
>>27003674

Prove to me it isn't.
>>
>>27002590
You cant, your doing something a bad person would do so you can't not look like a bad person doing it
>>
>>27003640
>one of my patients killed his wife when she left him after he got cancer.
He did nothing wrong
>>
thread confirms normies are fucking sociopaths
>>
>>27003609
I'm saying that even animals will protect their sick. And they do. YOU are human and are above animals. You should have an even greater depth of empathy and compassion that extends beyond your genetic line. But you're choosing not to be as good as you should be but to be as bad as the lowest of beasts.
>>
>>27003705
google the laws yourself
>>
>>27003598
Parents will look after their children forever. As a parent, you'll always be prepared to help your child no matter where they are in life. Because they are always your child, regardless of circumstance.
>>
>>27003770

Burden of proof is on you. If you can't prove me wrong, then I am right.
>>
>>27003728
Be cool, man. They're the lowest of the low but justifying murdering them just puts you on their level. Even if humanity would be better off without such soulless people.
>>
>>27003674
Sorry but you're a fucking subhuman whore that will, inevatibly get what's coming to her, thats how that works.
>>
My aunt left her husband after he got the same exact type of cancer. Her reason was that he started smoking pot for the pain and didn't want the kids to be around him doing drugs.

He died within 2 years or so of being diagnosed.
>>
>>27003818
He stiII did nothing wrong
>>
>>27003742
I just said animals dont do what you said and provided an example, can you continue to be anymore retarded?

There is but one purpose in life, to procreate and pass your genes down,
>but what about-
No shut up there is a single purpose tgat is what you have evolved around the longevity of your genetic line. Women have built in mechanisms that force them to want children as they approach menopause. Your idea of morality is retarded because for 1. Her bf would be better off killing himself if its terminal. 2. There is no such thing as good or evil 3. Every human acts in their self interest
In short you are a retarded autistic reddit boi who has no business here
>>
>>27003640
That's... actually a really good idea... Then nobody will have to deal with them anymore.
>>
>>27003791
>I'm not gonna look at the proof myself
>That means I'm right
>>27003825
>Sorry but you're a fucking subhuman
That's your opinion
>>
>>27003867

> I don't know how to argue
> I'll just say "Google it"

Did you mistype Reddit?
>>
>>27003867
>haha I'll just make them look it up themselves rather than provide the proof and extinguish the argument

Nice.
>>
>>27003904
>>27003955

>argue
>he thinks I'm arguing with him and there is something to win

good read a law book. It's common knowledge those are options for parents in the US.
>>
>>27003982

> thinking everyone lives in the US

You definitely typed r9k into the browser instead of Reddit.
>>
Be completely honest, OP. That's all you need to do and that is really the best possible thing you can do both for his sanity and yours as well. Don't wait, do it tonight.
>>
>>27003171
>Fuck off and die
Why? Please motivate. Clearly the best option here. He dies knowing the person he loves will do better. He doesn't have to be in pain for cancer treatment. Anon don't have to look bad. Anon doesn't have to get more engaged and feel move pain when it ends. Anon has more time to find another. There's no real expenses involved. Anon gets to reap the benefits of having sympathy for having BF die.

You're not even trying to achieve a good outcome. Just going on is the worst. It has all the negatives. Only good thing is that anons bf dies in a real relationship.
>>
>>27003853
Go roll in the mud, anon. That's where you're choosing to live.

I wish I had that .webm of the lioness trying to look after her disabled cub. I know it would be only one example but then I would suggest to just look at countless documentary evidence of animals caring for other animals.
>>
>>27003982
>debate

>conversation

>go read a law book
>doesn't specify it because they are all the same

I doubt you just read law books for fun.
>>
>>27004080
>Anon gets to reap the benefits of having sympathy for having BF die
I'm going to vomit. Anger mixed with faith-crushing disgust.
>>
>>27004105
Of their own kin like i just described, why are you such a retard. Her bf is not related to her in anyway dumb cuck.
>>
>>27004147
So, what? Fuck everyone who isn't related to you?
>>
>>27002590
nice bait my main man
>>
>>27003735
Not really, the tripfag is actually in the right for once.
You're not considering that OP has her own life to live beyond her bf. Breaking up isn't a good choice but what's her other option? Stay with her bf and spend years hoping that he'll survive a largely incurable disease?
It's a bad situation for everyone involved, but sometimes life's just unfair.
>>
>>27003136
>immediatly see a bait thread
>all the responses fell for it

Jesus you guys are idiots
>>
>>27004144
>anger
About what the fact of the situation is?
Yeah you sound like you're gonna get far. You haven't even said what's wrong yet.
>>
>>27002727

>being a murderer doesn't make you a bad person
>it just makes you a murderer
>>
>>27004176
Yes because that is human nature, altruism results from an overlay in goals, acts of random kindness are done to 1. Protect the psyche 2. Because you project yourself on another human ( if i had cancer id want my gf to stay) subconsciously
In reality you are just as selfish as me or OP but severely mentally handicapped since you believe in good or evil or any form of morality that is not relative. Idiotic fsggot
>>
>>27004317
You know right from wrong. Everyone does. Any attempt to deny it is foolish. You can justify it if your life is at threat but you know what's right and what's wrong.
Human nature is tribal. That means multiple family units. It's why we don't live like pack or pride animals.

I'm getting tired of this. You purely want to justify selfishness and just doing what is fun and what benefits you personally. I hate to say it but, grow up.
>>
>>27004404
This is wrong any act is neutral,there is no right or wrong that is simply how its interpreted.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.