[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>joined uni 4 days ago I want to drop out. How am I supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: DSCF1101.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1101.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>joined uni 4 days ago

I want to drop out. How am I supposed to go five years doing this every day?
Three days was good. How do I not drop out?
>>
>>27002200
i went for a year and said fuck everything and now I work at trader joes much better and less stressful not to mention not going to drown in debt
>>
>>27002216
I'm studying for free, though. At least I'm not wasting my money, just my life.
>>
What's so difficult about it? You've only just started, you don't even know what it's really like yet.
>>
>>27002301
I can't handle being around people. I'm not anxious or anything, I spend the whole day socializing feeling like a retard. I don't know how people do this.
>>
>>27002380

Obviously the first few days or weeks are going to be socializing because everyone's getting oriented.

Actual uni life is just going to lectures and/or labs depending on what you study and where. You don't need to talk to anyone. In fact, it's a lot less social than high school.

In a year or two you'll be here bitching about how you didn't socialize in the beginning so nobody knows you and you know nobody and it's too late now etc.
>>
>>27002200
lel top kek
>>
File: 1457246159153.jpg (191 KB, 1295x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457246159153.jpg
191 KB, 1295x1080
>>27002200
You need to fucking grow up and realize it's not "wow I want to do x, it's so fun and amazing" it's "which sucks less, x or y" x being a job or y being college

stay in college. it's like being a neet but acceptable you fucking dunce. oh yeah and you get a degree or some shit.
>>
>>27002200
You're spoiled if you want to drop out of college. I never got to go to college, you should stop bitching and be grateful you have the chance to make something of yourself.
>>
>>27002485
There's just no winning to it.

I hate talking to people but I hate being alone around people. Sometimes I wish I was born in like a farm or something and could milk cows and not talk to anyone for my whole life as long as I had internet.
>>
File: 1457295313219.jpg (302 KB, 1250x1750) Image search: [Google]
1457295313219.jpg
302 KB, 1250x1750
college degrees are overrated. especially these days were people get degrees than never use them. its like 2/3 people end up working in a different field than they went to school for.
>>
>>27002578
It's been like that forever.
>>
>>27002578
Who cares about degrees all I want is a gf ;_;
>>
>>27002200
You only got one life to live. Don't waste it listening to anyone else. If there was no society what would make you happy? How far into modern society would you have liked to progress? What world do you want to live in? Perhaps you want to be able to navigate the world of law, there are a lot of interesting shades from strait up good to strait up bad there.
>>
>>27002485
this everyone found friends then try and they don't knowledge you
>>
If you don't think you can handle it, drop out before your debt gets large. Worst case it's you fail out after 4 years with five figures of debt and no degree.
>>
>>27002715
>Don't waste it listening to anyone else
Then why should I listen to you?
>>
>>27002577

Then don't go to the socializing things?

What do you even need to do aside from sitting your ass in a lecture theatre while some senile old fuck does the talking, studying in your own room and maybe attending the occasional lab/whatever? What's all this socializing that you're forced into?

Even attending the lectures is largely up to you.
>>
>>27002200
>joined uni 4 days ago
0/10
>>
>>27002779
I can't handle being alone around people. At least when I was a NEET no one knew I was alone.
>>
>>27002817

I will reiterate:

>what are the situations where you are forced to be around people?

Nobody in your class gives two shits about some dweeb they've never spoken to. So where exactly are you being forced to interact with others?
>>
>>27002899
I don't give a fuck if they give a shit, I give a fuck because I give a shit.
I don't think you understand social anxiety. I don't feel "anxious" when I'm around people, I feel like fucking shit. Even if I didn't interact directly with them, just being around them every day makes me sick.
>>
>>27002954

Go ahead, drop out. You're fucked anyway if you can't interact enough to attend university.
>>
>>27002954

Also, you can just not attend lectures and go through books on your own time.

Kinda hard to give you advice on this shit when you only mention you have social anxiety this deep into the thread, especially after saying " I'm not anxious or anything" and then start bitching about how others don't understand your anxiety. And when you don't say shit like whether you need to attend lectures, labs, etc. after being asked several times which is kind of the one thing people could tell you about.
>>
>>27002954
Damn you remind me way too much of myself
>>
>>27003067
It's either that or manning up and feeling miserable the whole time.
>>27003188
Sorry I'm confused. I'm not bitching, I just swear. I don't know how to deal with the fact I'm not cut for society.
>>
Make some friends and get a gf. It will make things more fun.
>>
>>27003408

If you have legit diagnosed anxiety you could try talking to some university official about it, they might be able to cut you some slack with group stuff etc.

University should allow you to keep your people interaction lower than most other places. Especially if you just self-study a lot. In any case, since you're not racking up debt it's worth it to try hang on as long as you can.

As for dealing with actual social anxiety and its implications for the rest of your life, I can't really tell you anything about that.

Out of interest, how did you deal with high school?
>>
>>27002200
but its.. march
>>
>>27003508
High school blew. Made a couple of friends somehow, but I was alone all the time and the girls hated me. I'd sleep in class and stay awake at night and drink several times a week. Sounds worse than it was, though.

I am not diagnosed and I don't wanna be diagnosed anything. Knowing I'm legit retarded would just fuck me up further. I wouldn't be able to not lie and pretend I'm normal to a psychologist anyways. That's what I do with everyone and it makes me sick. It's probably not social anxiety but something of that kind. I hand't thought about killing myself in the past six months more than I did the last three days.

>>27003554
I don't live in america.
>>
If you don't want to go then don't. But it does say something about an unattractive lack of drive if you can't do a 4 year degree. You think a woman wants someone who has a High School diploma as their highest level of education?

I'm majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics. Obviously I have to take bullshit I don't want to do, like Writing Composition but I show up and do enough work to just pass. Then I put all my effort into the classes I enjoy like Calc 2 and Algoritm Design. You don't have to ace every single class bruh.
>>
>>27002200
Are that guys pictures the new meme?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.