[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask me anything, if you want.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: 1456667865792.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1456667865792.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
Well, since I don't know where else to post this:
>Tfw terminal cancer at age 22
>>
Do a mass murder suicide for the raw banter of it all
>>
>>27001491
so are you going to pull an elliot?
>>
>>27001491
What kind of cancer anon?
>>
>>27001491
Lucky as shit.
>>
>>27001491
I wish i could have cancer so i wont have to kill myself.
>>
>>27001554

Melanoma, probably had it for over a decade, metastases in Brain, Liver and >knees<.
>>
>>27001599
That fucking sucks man, is there no chance of it being cured?
>>
>>27001599
>>27001491
Well we all gotta go somehow. How long untill you are dead and done. What would you most want to experience before you die?
>>
>>27001599
Chaaa boi cook some crystal n sling dat shit my boi
>>
>>27001491
You should get in an obscene ammount of debt.
>>
>>27001491
Very sorry to hear that OP. How will you spend your last [appropriate unit of time]s?
>>
>>27001651
>Melanoma, probably had it for over a decade, metastases in Brain, Liver and >knees<.

not op but take a guess retard
>>
>>27001491
My dad died of melanoma, I'm sorry fate fucked you.
>>
>>27001651

The options were chemo and multiple surgeries to maybe prolong the inevadible (and maybe die during these surgeries) or to just accept it (which my doctor told me with a heart warming tap on the shoulder). Now I'm posting on an Anime Image Board.
>>
File: explodingknees.png (365 KB, 384x800) Image search: [Google]
explodingknees.png
365 KB, 384x800
>>27001599

You know what must happen now
>>
>>27001701
So how long you got?
>>
>>27001704

Funny fact: That's pic is exactly what I thought about after the full body scan.
>>
File: tumblr_lsyw4jyAH31qdmzqzo1_500.jpg (143 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsyw4jyAH31qdmzqzo1_500.jpg
143 KB, 500x666
>>27001491
What kind of immensely fun and illegal things are you gonna do before you go out? Rob a crack house, assassinate someone, sell drugs?

Will you commit suicide before dying painfully?
>>
That really sucks, OP.

Make the best of what life you have left. Enjoy yourself. Don't get depressed. We'll all die eventually.
>>
are you gonna try cannabis oil?
>>
File: 1447077168379.jpg (67 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
1447077168379.jpg
67 KB, 530x444
>ywn have terminal cancer at a young age
>>
>>27001718

You can never say for sure (sadly) could be everything up to a year. The brain metastasis will probably be the cause of death.

>>27001736

I smoked weed throughout all my teenage years, tried LSD, shrooms and cocaine and stopped everything at the age of 18. Started getting in Shape, even lost my virginity at that age. (My first and only Time) To be honest I'd just love to go to the gym and squat or deadlift heavy once again, but I'm so weak and frail and my knees are fucked. So ye. Gym would be my last wish here.

I have the feeling like people have this "The world is your oyster" shit in mind when they think about death. But at the end of the day you will do what you always have done, sure you appreciate a few things more, but in the end I don't see a reason to do drugs.
>>
>>27001736

Oh and no, I will not commit suicide. Allthough there were times in my life where that was a "serious consideration".
>>
>>27001491
OP, I'm going through a hard time right now and I wanna let you know your post made me feel better, despite not really even being that long. I'm also 22 and I'm staying a 5th year in college since I failed my senior year, and I have a group project due in 2 days that I haven't even started working on since I just can't find the motivation.

I thought about what it would be like to get cancer and realize I'm gonna die in a few years. I'd be heartbroken, I'd lose my mind and I'd start crying uncontrollably. I still haven't ever experienced love or done so many of the things I want to try before I kick the bucket. I've always assumed that I pretty much have an infinite amount of time to do the things I wanna do but now I realize the clock's ticking for everyone. Funny thing is, I'm looking forward to this damn tedious group project because it's at least something in my life to experience and get through. Also I have to work part-time at a minimum wage-cuck food service gig but maybe it's not all that bad if I'm moving around and feeling alive.

I'm sorry that you're dying, I don't know if I'd be able to handle it if it happened to me. Just know that we're all headed there eventually anyways, you'll just get there a little sooner before us.
>>
>>27001831
nowhere did i mention doing drugs. but selling drugs is a good way to get money if you don't care about many years of your future being in jail (for obvious reasons, that's not the case here). that's the only reason I mentioned drugs.

really what I'm saying is, do wild stuff to earn money, perhaps for friends or family after you die. Le walter white meme.

Same goes for an assortment of other illicit activities.
>>
File: tumblr_mcw8doNmdZ1rd3rgeo1_500.png (102 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcw8doNmdZ1rd3rgeo1_500.png
102 KB, 500x320
>>27001491
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY1wBUrdRFg

Thread theme?
>>
>>27001491
What are you going to spend your time doing, out of curiosity, from this point on?
>>
>>27001874

Well, I'm glad it made you feel better. I also always had that image in mind of everything I wanted to do, everything I wanted to be and deep down everything I knew I was never going to be. Of course the message hits you like a bullet and for the days after the diagnosis I was in complete shock. (unknowingly of how far it is developed) But afterwards you realize you just want to do things you have always done, not something fancy or spectacular just what you're used to doing and can't do anymore.

I tell you the best thing I did in my life was getting in shape. I never really had many friends but I fell in love with lifting weights and moving in general. I cared about nutrition (funnily enough still eat chicken breast and rice even though I haven't lifted a weight in months, which was always the most mundane and boring thing I could imagine). Basically gradually work on what you want to do. Be Sisyphos pushing his rock up the hill even though you know it may roll back. (Camus is one of my favourite philosophers)
>>
>>27002041
I love Camus. I presume you're a Active Nihilist.

Everyone seems to believe Nihilism is depressing. I found it liberating.
>>
If i had cancer I would probably end up robbing a few banks and blowing that money on all kinds of fun shit. I would also want to get into a highspeed police chase while driving a sports car of somesort or maybe a sport bike... I would call a news station and tell them about it just before I got going so I could enjoy watching the video once i got away or if I was caught. I would be down to die in a fire ball at the end of the chase as well
>>
>>27001975

I try to not really pay attention. I listen to music, play video games, I eat what I want to eat, from time to time of course I get visits from people who never cared about me before all of this and who I don't really care about. But I stopped minding them being there. This is the one regret I have in life, I've spent too much time analyzing people, now I just tolerate them. Also I had to move back with my mom for obvious reasons but hey, at least I don't have to cook. I live the life many of you guys on here live, just with the certainty that it's all going to end.

>>27001917
Great song man, very calming, love it!
>>
>>27002135
Glad you liked it dude, seemed appropriate.
>>
>>27002107

I learned a lot from that. I wouldn't consider myself a nihilist. I believe in intrinsic meaning. That everything has meaning. That humans serve a purpose, that everything serves a purpose, even if it's just existing. But yea, I've been an Absurdist for most of my life without even realizing it.
>>
File: iktfb.jpg (19 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
iktfb.jpg
19 KB, 600x300
>>27002041
>Be Sisyphos pushing his rock up the hill even though you know it may roll back.

You don't know how much I needed to hear this. I've tried and failed to do so many things and I've just recently had this defeated attitude.
>>
>>27002159
I had a similar experience. Though, I do identify as a Nihilist.

I remember reading and thinking "wait, this is exactly what I've been thinking most my life".
>>
If you could write your last words right now, and guarantee they were the last things you said before you died, what would they be?
>>
>>27002181

Read Myth of the Sisyphus. It helped me come out of there. Truly fascinating what such a simple difference in the mindset can do.

>>27002191

> Goodbye
>>
So are you gonna go out and get some pity sex?

Just tell girls about the cancer, I'm sure there'll be some who'll bang you just because of that.
>>
>>27002191
Good question. I was also thinking he should write some stuff that maybe he doesn't want to deal with expressing while he's here, but have people read it when he's gone. Or like a suicide note type thing.

Also, how about adopting a shelter dog or something to have a company while your still here. And although the you can't keep it as long as it will live if it's not an old dog, you can give it some nice times out of the pound. That is, if you like the idea of a pet.
>>
>>27002261

Most certainly not. Allthough I had some girls from my former schools and university message me. People I never had any connection with whatsoever. And I sense something like a "get well" party being organized by some "friends" but that would be the most absurd thing to happen in my life yet. I haven't celebrated my birthday since the age of 16.

>>27002273

Maybe some other time, I don't really feel like doing that now, I thought about that though and even started writing a 3rd person story, but deleted the document after it became too confusing to me.
>>
If the people who continued living past your death could do something for the world in your honor, what would you want it to be?
>>
>>27002438

Oh wow, good question.

I would love to see a humanity with pride, real pride, with sense of honor and good, with a continuous strive for greatness. I'd like to see what Christians call the "Gottmensch" and Nihilists the "Ubermensch". Humans rising above themselves.
>>
>>27002513
>>27002438

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God-man_%28Christianity%29

This basically.
>>
>>27002513
eh... bit unrealistic
how about personally
>>
>>27002513
Like taking pride in their choices and feeling that they are doing what is just and righteous, instead of just having apathy that makes them lose their ability to follow their own sense of pride? Is that the idea of what you are talking about? Like people with integrity and dignity?
>>
>>27002593
I don't think it's not realistic
(Not op)
>>
>>27001599

fucking hell man that really sucks

how the fuck does skin cancer spread to your brain...

how long are you expected to live? will you go through chemo/radiotherapy to try to fight back or just try to live your last days to the fullest?

how the fuck did they even diagnose it? what symptoms?
>>
>>27002643
>how the fuck does skin cancer spread to your brain...

Melanoma is different from other skin cancers. It grows irregularly and breaks off and spreads around the body.
>>
>>27002598

Pretty much, yes. Dignity and Pride even though some people might say this contradicts itself. It's just my ideal of humanity

>>27002593

Oh you mean people asin the ones close to me? No objections, as I said everything turned out the way it did.

>>27002593

Oh, you mean thepeople close to me? I honestly can't think of any wishes. I hope my mother doesn't grieve too much, even though I know she will. But death, at the end of the day, is the most based reality in life. I hope she will get through it.
>>
>>27002643

Lymphatic system and/or blood.

>>27002720
>>27002621

I thought I deleted the first part by accident, anyway you get what I'm saying I hope.
>>
>>27002720
I don't think they contradict eachother. Ok, buddy I will try to do more of that then. I'd like to see people being like that as well.
>>
>>27002643

I had an irregular mole, and when I went to the doctor one time because of a food poisoning I had, he told me to get it checked. They cut it off to get it checked, couple of weeks later I get a phone call and well, it went downhill from there.

No, I won't do chemo or any surgeries. It probably wouldn't give me much more time and I'd maybe even die during surgery.
>>
>>27001831
You have an excuse to give zero fucks. Why would you not have the world is your oyster state of mind? Go buy a plane ticket and see some cool castles, see some cool oceans, take a ride in a fighter jet. Watch the northern lights.
I would recommend checking out that documentary where they used magic mushrooms to help people deal with death.
>>
>>27002864

That's the point. I accepted death and it happened rather fast. As to why, I can't really tell you, maybe I'm a coward, maybe I'm thankful for the things I had, maybe I'm lost, maybe I see clear. I just know that none of that interests me in the slightest. It's just a very romanticized image people have of this, I've noticed it many times, you are almost expected to do something extraordinary. I just don't feel the need to.
>>
>>27001491
I'm sorry to hear that buddy, live life to the full I'd say (yeah I know, that sounds corny), but you should experience everything you want to!
>>
>>27002973
I'm thinking of questions to ask you but I can't find any. I want to ask you if there is anything you want, or anything you want known, but I don't know what to say. Maybe with death comes true peace?
>>
>>27001491
are you going to die? what do you have?
>>
>>27003777
>terminal
>are you going to die
>terminal
what a waste of trips
>>
>>27003514

Well, I'm trying to have a good sleep for weeks and just can't rest so... No.
>>
can you post a pic of your frail and withered body?

not trying to be a dick, just morbidly curious
>>
File: 1456895298449.jpg (10 KB, 358x422) Image search: [Google]
1456895298449.jpg
10 KB, 358x422
What did the melanoma start off looking like? Did it look all fucked up or was it just a regular looking mole?
>>
>>27001491
So you can do any drug you want, travel anywhere you want, fuck all you want, all with no negative judgment from society?

Can terminal cancer patients take out loans?
>>
File: 87239683.jpg (16 KB, 289x531) Image search: [Google]
87239683.jpg
16 KB, 289x531
>>27002973
You should do something. It doesn't have to be extraordinary.

Have you thought about travelling, gardening, painting, writing, anything?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.