[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with being the lonely hermit at college?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1389056128366.jpg (71 KB, 735x900) Image search: [Google]
1389056128366.jpg
71 KB, 735x900
How do you deal with being the lonely hermit at college?
>>
>>26999339
Idk I didn't move out at college and so I have very little friends. I don't gel well with most people anyway but I can't help feel lonely and that I'm missing out
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 409x409
>>26999339
I go to a mostly commuter school so there's a lot of loners like me.

It's pretty nice.
>>
make friends with some other losers at your school's anime club. then drop out. that's what i did anyway
>>
>>26999539
I don't know how to make friends

I'm a 19 years old piece of shit that doesn't know how to make friends
>>
>>26999633
i didn't make any friends for the first 3 years in college then i finally made some weeb ones. the trick is to befriend people who are just as bad at making friends as you are, because they will be desperate and will actually want to hang out and won't blow you off like normies will
>>
>>26999339
I don't. I cry or feel like crying almost every day because of it.
>>
>>26999339
Escapism until you graduate. If you drop out - it'll be even worse for you.
>>
>>26999339
I couldn't deal with it and ended up dropping out because of debilitating depression.

That was the worst mistake of my life. Just keep doing your work. Remember you're there to get an education, not make friends. Just lower your expectations for what you think a college experience entails and you won't feel so bad.
>>
>>26999339
I focus on my work.
If I'm a social pariah, I had better have at least redeemable trait.
>>
>>26999339
I don't give a fuck, I just do my homework or study on the recesses.
But in my case it helps that because I'm studying a stem career, the class has other autists like me, so I'm not the only loner.
Everyone seems to have friends outside college though
>>
Anyone else have this problem regarding lectures?
>arrive early: Awkwardly sitting alone while everyone else talking with friends
>arrive just before lecture starts: Risk getting a bad seat or having to walk around looking for one, also awkward
>>
>>26999339

I dealt with it by dropping out and becoming a wagecuck.
>>
>>27000115
It helps if you use that time to get ready.
Otherwise, I just sorta zone out or think about other things.
>>
>>27000115
I go early so I can take a good seat on the back.
Bringing a book helps me to not pay attention to the normies having fun.
>>
File: 1368681666914.jpg (84 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1368681666914.jpg
84 KB, 640x480
>>27000115
>tfw no one sits next to you or around you
>>
>>26999339

It drove me out of college. I prefer being alone, andmy social skills are shit anyway. Almost every class I took required group work. I don't want to work with other people, I want to fucking work by myself. It got to a point that if the instructor told the class to split into groups or find a partner, I just got up and left, then eventually never came back altogether.
>>
>>27000156
>>27000176
I usually arrive early and find a seat in the back but it feels kind of humiliating just sitting there alone. I end up skipping many lectures.
>>
>>27000208
Think of it like this then, "they don't know anybody in this class" rather than "they don't know anybody in this college".

It probably helps more to not give a shit about public opinion if you're looked down on anyway. The kind of folk that do look down on less social people are the kind that wouldn't let you get back up anyway.
>>
the only person ive met at college that wasnt annoying and was actually cool killed himself so i dont bother anymore
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.