[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about tulpas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1438716980242.png (277 KB, 498x498) Image search: [Google]
1438716980242.png
277 KB, 498x498
What do you think about tulpas?
>>
it seems wrong, not entirely sure if I really believe in them anyway

I'm not very informed on it but it gives me bad vibes
>>
Self induced schizophrenia I think someone said, with the possibility of a lot going wrong in the process of making one. For instance if you have a pretty low opinion of yourself your tulpa is probably going to reinforce it
>>
>>26995436
What's a tulpa? I see it being mentioned on /r9k/ occasionally. It has something to do with ponies and /mlp/ right?
>>
>>26995686
http://www.tulpa.info/
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 236x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 236x218
>>26995436
It's pretty much like anime irl.
>>
>>26995436
Unpopular opinion
Making a tulpa is on my bucket list and i live a perfectly happy life, it just sounds like something i want to do.
Sure, i know the risks but to be honest i don't have a massive sense of self preservation, and the pay off is so fucking worth it
>inb4 they're for permavirgins
I made it 4 months ago and got a gf.
>>
They're good, I recently got back to working on mine based on a character that can't be named here.

>Hurr durr schizophrenia
>Hurr durr everyone who has them is lying
>>
>>26996169
I want to do it too but I don't know. It feels like I make myself schizophrenic.
>>
I want to try it, be it real or not.

Sadly, I can't even invest myself in things that are absolutely real like japanese or lucid dreaming, so I'll probably never do it
>>
>>26996253
why can it not be named here?
>>
>>26995686
its an old /x/ troll like the grifter
>>
>>26995686
>has something to do with ponies and /mlp/ right?

Its popular amoung Horsefuckers but I started long before then

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa
>>
>>26996294
it's probably Vivian or some shit.
>>
>>26996254
I think that's just a meme, i've only heard two stories about fuck ups and one was a guy who created a servitor and it went haywire, the second was some guy who tried to create a tulpa on a 24 hour marathon. Both dissipated their thoughtforms and moved on unharmed.
>>
>>26996340
sorry could you elaborate? who's vivian
>>
>>26996363
So did you already start to create a tulpa?
>>
>>26996483
In a way, i've started setting out a Wonderland, just wondering if i'll be able to do it because i have a lot on over the next few months and i don't want to go in fully committed and give up because of the lack of time
>>
>>26995436
as a guy who has literally sat down to dinner with a picture of his waifu on a laptop sitting across from me, the tulpa crowd strikes even me as stupid and autistic.
>>
>>26995436
>What do you think about tulpas?

>as lover
retarded useless shit.

>as friend
very usefull
>>
>>26996501
And did you already start to think about the appearance of your tulpa?
>>
>tfw not motivated enough to make tulpa
>>
autistic and gay
tried it got nothing gave up
succubus attacks are better anyway desu
can't beat having the life literally drained out of you and watching yourself crumble into dust
unless a tulpa can do that shit then i'm in
>>
File: 1456855365938.jpg (47 KB, 640x626) Image search: [Google]
1456855365938.jpg
47 KB, 640x626
>People still actually believe in Tulpas
>>
>>26997051
>People still actually believe in God
>People still actually believe in Zen
>People still actually believe in tfwnogf
>People still actually believe in waifu-bots in the future
>>
>>26997070
shut the beep up
>>
>>26995436
Just make sure to use a mind-addling compound such as DMT, LSD, Psilocybin, glue, etc..
Without that you'd need at least a decade for it to become anything more than spergy roleplaying unless you're schizophrenic already.

Himalayan monks who did this spent their whole lives trying to talk to the "tulpas", some failing even then.

But if you do it while high over and over, -something- will end up answering your plea for company without vanishing once the drug wears off. Hopefully something benign. (This essentially equals inducing psychosis. Mite be kewl, but you'd best be certain before leaping at it.)

AVE AVE VERSVS CHRISTVS
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.