[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>""""Men"""" who go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 1450056577024.jpg (85 KB, 515x394) Image search: [Google]
1450056577024.jpg
85 KB, 515x394
>""""Men"""" who go to therapy
>>
File: 018.jpg (24 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
24 KB, 625x626
origiiiinnnalllcooommmemmmmmmennnt
>>
Hey, mental health is just as important as physical health, bud.
>>
what a shit thread today anonette
>>
>>26994763
>feeling sad is of the same importance as things likes liver failure
>>
>>26994763
A very Tumblr like response
>>
>>26994731
True, I was forced to it as a kid and it didn't do shit for me. Another person, esp a normie can't truly understand the life of a mentally ill person unless they've experienced it themselves.
>>
I need to see a therapist because """"Women"""" scarred me for life.
>>
lmao going to therapy in a hour
>>
>>26994763
Except most men are mentally healthy. If you're not, why would I speak to you?
>>
>>26994806
How is that a Tumblresponse? Acknowledgment that mental health is important and that mental illnesses are a negative thing is a very normal line of thinking.

A Tumblresponse would be playing the victim and telling you that people with mental illnesses should be tolerated and accepted because they can't help it.
>>
Honestly, it's a fairly productive method of dealing with emotions. Considering most people end up having outbursts at the wrong time, I think it'd be good if more people had something more like therapy to effectively deal with their emotions if they don't have an outlet already.

Or they can just go back to yelling at the television screen when their favorite team misses a field goal or something. Fuck if I care.
>>
>>26994787
If you don't believe that things like bi polar or schizophrenia need therapy as part of the treatment you are an idiot
>>
I got therapy later today bitch and I'm gonna go because at least she'll pretend to care about my emotionally scattered, distraught ramblings. It would make the university look really bad if they have YET ANOTHER suicide, after all. So that shit is free for me homie.
>>
>>26994983
If you have genuine mental health disorders then you really can't help it
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 583x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 583x675
Here, watch this
http://youtu.be/eOScYBwMyAA
Therapy is alright if you've got serious mental injuries getting in the way of your life, but don't fall for "illnesses" or psych meds. Stay the fuck away from psychiatrists m8 and things should turn out well
>>
>>26995005
They should be locked up

>>26994911
>oh I'm so emotionally scared
>I got emotionally scarred by a woman!
Lmao
There's people who fight wars yet you're so damaged because a woman told you no?
>>
>>26995044
>brain chemistry is unbalanced
>it is impossible to take medication to balance brain chemistry
Shut the fuck up you moron
>>
I have all kinds of mental health problems, I know this because half the symptoms listed I suffer from but I don't go to a therapist in fact I wouldn't even know how you go about doing that. Do you just go to the doc and say look buddy, I'm depressed and all this other shit from Wikipedia, tell me I am diagnosed.
I seen some shit on YouTube where people claim to have these illnesse and they're all attention seeking faggots, just man up and deal your mental health like I do, just fucking get on with it instead of being a pussy.
I swear half of these doctors don't even know shit about mental health, they have to go on Wikipedia themselves and you listed all the symptoms using buzzwords and shit so he just diagnoses you with it.
That's what it seems like to me.
>>
>>26995149
Can't argue with the stupid.
>>
>>26995049
I'd suggest going to psychotherapists but not to psychiatrists.
>>
>"""Therapy"""
I wish the """____""" meme would end already
>>
>>26995149

A significant number of these people who fought wars sought therapy to deal with what war does to one's mind. A lot of the ones who didn't committed suicide, as their mental anguish was greater than any physical side effect war could've caused. Just remember anon, you can live without a functioning leg, but if your brain is malfunctioning, you aren't going to last long without help.

>>26995174

Can you show any sources that definitively show brain chemistry imbalances in clear, concrete numbers that would allow for effective medicinal treatment? Not trolling, I whole heartedly believe in mental disorders, but your statement seems to imply that we know exactly what we're doing when treating them with medicine.
>>
>>26994731
stop

ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE POST IS BAIT

do not respond seriously

sage and leave

i am not going to sit back and watch this shit tier bait blow up with 300 replies
>>
Why is it nobody seems to believe that the brain can have defects unless you're outright retarded?
>>
File: image.png (393 KB, 1016x744) Image search: [Google]
image.png
393 KB, 1016x744
>>26995744
Show some physical evidence any mental disorder exists phamalam/gov shill/psych worker :^)
>protip: pharmaceutical industry funded "studies" don't count
>>
>>26994731
Until therapy came along we had church. Go to church, it's partially about a community of people who support one another.
>>
>>26995174
>mental illness is caused by imbalanced brain chemistry and imbalanced brain chemistry alone

ignorance of the year award 2 u my friend
>>
File: download (5).jpg (8 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
8 KB, 229x220
>men can't be men
>told to be pathetic beta manchildren
>women and society actually hate beta manchildren
>male spaces invaded
>men told they're evil oppressors
>mass shooting every week, shoeing the mens mental health is an issue that needs addressing
>"men" who go to therapy

Pic related
>>
>>26995744

I don't believe many people would straight up deny the possibility. The problem is that often times prescribing shit is the first step without even a thought to what may be wrong. My wife saw a therapist, who, upon simply hearing symptoms, put her on an SSRI, which ended up making her unable to function normal for day to day things. And this is from a non profit facility, imagine what someone who is out to make money is gonna do.
>>
File: 1416264712078.jpg (201 KB, 608x1314) Image search: [Google]
1416264712078.jpg
201 KB, 608x1314
I firmly believe that 'depression' is actually simply figuring out the truth of the world today. Society is full of lies and false hopes, in reality it is mostly suffering. How can you distract yourself from the pain, the despair? People fucking over other people just to climb the ladder. And for what? A wife that is statistically more likely to cuck you, take your kids and half of everything you earned? Money and material things that don't actually mean anything outside of the context of society? The world is a depressing place, and seeing some bitch who hates her job and will most likely prescribe some course of SSRIs just to get you out of her office won't change that.
>>
>>26994731
Brilliant idea, femenazi. Are those the same men you claim to be "insane" who shoot up scools in `murica every other week?
>>
>>26996444
Nah that is because of the guns m8
>>
>>26994731
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide
op btfo
>>
Schizoaffective reporting in. Life is absolute hell right now.
>>
File: 1457120370723.jpg (108 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1457120370723.jpg
108 KB, 800x800
>can't open seriously to men
>women don't understand my perspective
>>
On the off-hand chance that OP isn't trolling

Maybe this will help you understand why mental health isn't something to offhandedly dismiss, even if it's just from a pragmatic public policy point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOAgplgTxfc
>>
>>26994731
90% of this board needs therapy because it's so fucking autistic
>>
>>26997930
nice trips bud
>>
>>26994731
Nothing wrong with that you piece of shit autist
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.