[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you don't want to get married then there's clearly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: what's_up_anon.jpg (45 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
what's_up_anon.jpg
45 KB, 720x720
If you don't want to get married then there's clearly something wrong with you. Statistics don't matter to the individual, and marriage is the one place where true love blossoms.
>>
marriage relies on the assumption that love lasts forever. i don't believe it does, so getting married is stupid
>>
>>26993793
It also relies on different things as well. Also If you aren't a wealthy Chad that can get pussy left and right. You probably better off getting married.
>>
>>26993793
Indeed. No one is attractive past 40. And if love isn't relevant to appearances, then we'd see more single old people trying to find a gf/bf.
>>
I want to get married! I want to put baby after baby in my sweetling's womb! I want to spend all day every day with her!
>>
>>26993764
Tbh I think it's less about wanting to get married and have a happy family from some milk and butter commercial and more about the current economical state, local culture and the two people in question current standards of life and what they would expect their offspring one to be are the real questions.
Seriously these questions are retarded, it's like would you this or that, we see in this board all the time. Yes everyone wants to be happy but shit sometimes is not as viable fampai.
your chinese cartoon was comfy btw.
>>
>>26993822

>Also If you aren't a wealthy Chad that can get pussy left and right. You probably better off getting married.

why?
>>
>>26993764
marriage is basically a bank transaction. It's something you do when you get too old for casual sex and have to pay for the pussy
>>
>>26993764
Are you talking about the specific marriage contract or just being devoted to and living together with someone for a lifetime?
>>
>>26993764
I want a relationship that could last a century. But I want to live for a billion years. My mom's been divorced, My mom's parents have been divorced. My dad's parents have been divorced. My aunt has been divorced. Two of my friends' families have been divorced. And then I hear that theres over 50% divorce rate. FFUUUUUUCCCKKK THAT. I get that commitment is a goal. But I couldn't even find a person in the first place, AND I can't trust them to value commitment. Plus I don't want children, and I'm an atheist. What reason would I ever have for wanting marriage. You can commit without an institution.
>>
>>26993880
>And then I hear that theres over 50% divorce rate.

That's inflated by people who get divorced in their 30s, then desperately remarry with the first person they meet because they're getting old. The rate of divorce for the "first" marriage is actually pretty low.
>>
>>26993764

My dad wants me to marry a desperate ugly 3/10 woman that would settle for a manlet... even told me that I can close my eyes and think of fucking anime while doing shit with her, just to be normal.

How the hell is that love? how the hell is living a lie with someon you hated day 1 healthy?
>>
>>26993764

Shut the fuck up Abe
>>
>>26993909

the 50% divorce rate specifically refers to first marriages. subsequent marriages have higher divorce rates
>>
>>26993909
You don't seem to understand that I've seen what would be a 50% divorce rate if my family wasn't so goddamn huge.
>>
>>26993764
I want to get married but let's face it: who would want me?
>>
File: 00.jpg (15 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
15 KB, 720x720
>>26993764

Foolish peasant! Doth thou know nothing of the present age?
>>
>>26993857
Not getting married leave you with 2 options. One is long term girlfriend. Which is pretty much the same as getting married without the benefits.

The 2nd is to just go from girl to girl and alot of people just don't have it in them to do that after a point.
>>
>>26993764
>marriage is the one place where true love blossoms.

Lol wut? Sounds like someone's upset she'll have to settle in order to marry someone.
>>
File: aaaah.jpg (93 KB, 510x798) Image search: [Google]
aaaah.jpg
93 KB, 510x798
>tfw met a wonderful robot 3 years ago on here
>got married a few months ago
Dreams do come true, there's nothing better than marriage. Every day is sweet and lovey-dovey despite our shortcomings.
>>
>>26993996
What benefits? Something about taxes? Thats it?
>>
>>26994077
What's your combined weight?
>>
>>26993996

or just not being in a relationship? why do you assume that relationships are a necessary part of older adult life?
>>
>>26994077
Good for you. You no longer belong here.
>>
>>26994077
I'm happy for you trannybot.
hope you guys turn out ok for real, no cheating and stuff.
>>
>>26994093
I'm not sure, I'm around 40-50kg, but he's somewhat bigger than that.
>>
>>26993764
i don't fucking care, still not getting married
>>
>Giving some roasty my hard earned cash
>Not to mention how she will grow tired of you and cuck you
No thanks
>>
File: disappoint.jpg (40 KB, 462x485) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.jpg
40 KB, 462x485
>>26994144
>being this negative
A true loving wife doesn't do things like that, fickle women are very easy to identify.
>>
>>26994165
No woman is easy to get if you are a robot. You'll get a roastie or bust.
>>
>>26994165
>She's DIFFERENT man!
Every cucked man has said the same thing
>>
>>26994165
>fickle women are very easy to identify.
no , they aren't.
i've heard so many stories of innocent seeming, kind hearted women divorcing for some stupid reason, and fucking off with the husband's money

No thanks, I'll pass
>>
>>26993764
>i think my wife is cheating on me and I don't know how to cope with it
>>
> living for relationships

get the fuck out of here lol, that's some real shallow normie chad shit. i live for technology. i can't wait for an AI singularity and i'm helping to advance towards that goal.
>>
If I was married I'd know that it wasn't true love just because no girl could love or even like me.
>>
>>26993996
If you're a robot nine of those options exist.
I will be a kissless virgin until I die
>>
File: 1455775344558.jpg (100 KB, 984x1280) Image search: [Google]
1455775344558.jpg
100 KB, 984x1280
I think being surrounded by nasty divorces and selfish actions has made a lot of people, both men and woman, turned off by the idea of marriage. The figures stating single people in their 20's and 30's is steadily going up because no ones buying into the old image of "happy marriage" anymore.

Its not so much that people DON'T want to get married, its just they don't want to take the risk of it ending disastrously like most these days end.
>>
>>26994353
nah, i really don't want to get married, marriage creeps me out, not to mention kids, i fucking hate children
>>
>>26994302
So much this, what I wouldn't give to just observe our technology evolve through the centuries
>>
>>26993856

Where does this dumb meme that children or marriage is super expensive come from?

I don't care if you don't want kids, I hate life and everything in it myself but stop trying to rationalise it like you're some sort of principled patrician making sober clinical cost/benefit analyses about these things.

People aren't getting married because they're too selfish and in love with their school/jobs/"relationships" and have lost the ability to commit to one another, that's all there is to it.
>>
I WANT A WIFE AND I WANT ONE NOW!
>>
>>26994811
> selfish
in what fucking way is not getting married selfish?
>>
>>26994811
>le eloquent shaming
It's still shaming. Men aren't marrying because they're selfish, they're not marrying because women are selfish.
>>
>>26993764
whoever believes the word's "wrong" "love "true" is a spooked nigger
>>
File: 1417826268140.jpg (228 KB, 1131x1600) Image search: [Google]
1417826268140.jpg
228 KB, 1131x1600
>>26994811
>Where does this dumb meme that children or marriage is super expensive come from?
Dude, not even that anon, I'm way too lazy to type everything but you gotta trust me on this one.

>Kid has been conceived
>Prenatal visits to the doc plus ultrasound exams at certain stages of pregnancy.
>other random shit the wife needs like drugs, etc if she's throwing up or peeing like a cow everywhere.
>baby clothes.
>fucking diapers and I'm talking about shit like 200 bucks in diapers per month easily.
>You will probably have to register your kid to some health insurance thing which is actually cheaper than paying for the hospital bill if anything happens (400 to 700 bucks again).
>Fucking school
>Fucking clothes.
>Fucking food.
>Shit for your kid to be happy (you can't give him a stick and tell him to deal with it nowadays).
think of this until he's 18 then shit gets worse with university since he will have a shitload of debt on him. I know some boomers literally give no fucks and let their kids have 100k in debt but I would honestly not allow that to happen to my kid, that won't help him at all to start life.

A kid costs a couple of million from gestation to adulthood like for real man, you just didn't notice when you parents did it due to different time / economy and the fact you could have cared less which is pretty normal actually.
in resume, kids are expensive bro.
Also the other shit in marriage which I don't want to talk about because it's not like people cuck each other at a 95% rate to begin with but it still can happen.
>>
>>26993917
It isn't; you're father is just a dumb cuck who feels that getting laid must be the top of human existence because he's been told so (even if he suggests doing something else than fucking the girl in question because he subconsciously knows it isn't true) or he's a dumb cuck that can't into introspection and doesn't want to be alone OR he's a dumb cuck that allows his primal instincts dictate his rational behavior by telling you to get laid and propagate his seed through you.
>>
>>26994811
>It's selfish not to get married
Could you be more deluded if you tried?
>>
File: 1428086185477.jpg (54 KB, 772x701) Image search: [Google]
1428086185477.jpg
54 KB, 772x701
>>26994976
>>Kid has been conceived
>>Prenatal visits to the doc plus ultrasound exams at certain stages of pregnancy.
>>other random shit the wife needs like drugs, etc if she's throwing up or peeing like a cow everywhere.
>You will probably have to register your kid to some health insurance thing which is actually cheaper than paying for the hospital bill if anything happens (400 to 700 bucks again).
>Fucking school
>university

>spending money for that

Burger detected
>>
>>26994090
Insurance discount too
>>
>>26994811
Ok show me this girl who loves me and wants to marry me then.
>>
>>26993764
I made a promise with myself that i'll never have kids. I've never wanted to be brought into this world, that's why i dont want to bring others here.
>>
File: 1421360244986.jpg (547 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1421360244986.jpg
547 KB, 1000x1500
>>26995052
What magical country you live where you can impregnate many women and there's literal zero cost for having a child? I want to go there because I have an impregnation fetish, not even joking.
>>
>>26994976
>white people
meanwhile roaches and shitters don't give a fuck and pop them out by the bushel; eventually they'll be the only ones left while whites will only have a handful of themselves left because they wanted a better future for their children.
sucks but that's a jew economy for you desu
>>
>>26993764

>there is something clearly wrong with me

Really? Wut
>>
>>26994976
>A kid costs a couple of million from gestation to adulthood like for real man

This is another meme statistic that's supposed to sound a lot more spooky than it really is... you can play this sort of game with anything, it's just sophistry

10k hours of your life spent masturbating
Half of it spent sleeping
$100,000 over the course of your life spent on bread, soda, etc.

"A couple of million" is also a bit of a ridiculous figure inflation, even one million from cradle to 18 would come out at $50 grand a year... what exactly are you even buying for these kids that you're spending this much money?
>>
>>26995274
probably xboxs and stuff
desu i'd just buy PCs and pirate all that stuff, or hell, not even give it video games and instead make it read literature and take up some artistic hobby like a snob
>>
>>26993764
>statistics don't matter to individuals
Yes they do. Whatever can be applied to a set can be applied to all members of a set, e.g. 60% of married couples consider themselves "very happy," therefore if you get married there is a 60% chance that you and your partner will be "very happy." Now since you say things like "true love blossoms" I'm assuming that you think love would make a person "very happy," since only 60% of couples are "very happy" we can deduce that only 60% of couples love each other. https://archive.is/aJhIu
>>
>>26995192
There isn't zero cost, but the points I picked out are pretty much zero cost.
>>
>>26993764
There is one reason you should get married and that is if you meet a loli vampie who doesn't age and is bound to you for all eternity
>>
File: 1456501167870.gif (537 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456501167870.gif
537 KB, 500x281
>>26993764
But opie, no one wants to date me let alone marry me and there's nothing I can do about it.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.