[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going on a date in two hours and I can't help but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 500x750
I'm going on a date in two hours and I can't help but look down on him because he has a low life job

How to stop caring about this? He's cute
>>
Sounds to me like you's one 'em homosapien fellas. Gosh dang queers ruinin' this great nation. GET A ROOM HOMO!
>>
at least he's trying.
>>
>>26991627
He isn't
This is a permanent job, he thinks it's some artistic shit and calls it art but it's welding
>>
>>26991673
You can do alot with experience in welding and if hes passionate about his job even better.
>>
At least he has a job.

My husband quit his a few months after we got married, and now I'm his wageslave. I work two jobs while he sits at home playing video games. Then I get to come home and clean up after him.
>>
>>26991673
welding is an art though
>>
>>26991570
You could stop being such a bitch and thinking you're better than another human being just because you make more money it seems.
Welding is a good job anyways.
>>
Just
Dont
Go

Or say you git ill, then fuck Chad and post it on fagbook
>>
>>26991570

Welders make bank you are being dumb.
>>
>>26991673
Welding pays a lot and is a high security occupation. Are you really so stupid that just because it isn't a high status job like working at JP Morgan?

Also /r9k/ is not for whores and Chads to come here talking about their dates. It's for male virgins.

Go fuck off to /adv/ or /soc/. This thread is built for those boards. If you refuse to then it's clear your malevolence is not what he needs or this is a b8 post
>>
If this isn't b8 the try suicide.

You're everything wrong with the female gender.
>>
Tradesmen make bank now. It's the college kids that got fcked over.
>>
>>26991824
Yeah not only do women not belong on this board in the first place, the problem is this:

It shows she LITERALLY only cares about status. I've known welders to make over six figures with good securities, and if the post isnt b8 that might be what the guy makes.

But she doesn't care because his job isn't high status enough. It's fucking disgusting. I agree she should kill herself for both shitting up the board and being an evil cunt
>>
>>26991849
A guy on this board told me that that's just a meme and anyone who doesnt go to college is fucked forever with no recourse
>>
>>26991754
She probably doesn't kek

OP you are lucky to find an attractive blue collar worker, they are the best and 0% chance of being a faggy nu-male.
>>
>>26991880
>anyone who doesnt go to college is fucked forever with no recourse

Yeah if you do nothing else with your time you're fucked. You learn how to do/fix shit you can make bank without ever getting in debt.
>>
Any of you guys ever date a girl with a "low life job?"
>>
>>26991926
but then women like OP wont think you're high status enough
>>
Nm. Average welder salary is 36,000. Or $16.38 hourly. That's barely enough for a bachelor, meaning one man.
>>
>>26991908
>I can't help but look down on him
>>
>>26991972
If 36k isnt enough thats your own fault.
>>
>>26991970
If you can get over wanting to marry the upper middle-class Stacies that look like Taylor Swift, then your "status" doesn't matter all that much.
>>
File: 1454213378254.jpg (207 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1454213378254.jpg
207 KB, 800x600
>>26991965
I've never dated anyone, but seeing as most of you are normalfags i guess you have

>>26991977
she probably doesnt make more than him he meant

>>26991972
>barely enough for a bachelor

You could live happily and comfortably as a single guy in Dallas,TX with that much of a salary, hell that's even enough to live in LA if you're frugal.

What kind of shit do you spend your salary on? That's WAY more than enough
>>
>>26991997

It really depends on the area you live in. If you live in an area with cheap rent, that's enough. But if the rent for a tiny studio is $1000 monthly minimum, that ain't enough.
>>
>>26991977
That doesn't negate my point at all. People are hypocrites, big surprise.
>>
you don't, you look for someone better
>>
>>26992016
you honestly think OP is in that category? Because you're likely wrong

>>26992026
And many places in the USA with tons of shit going on have that type of rent, if you're smart you can get a apartment in a small town that's close to a city like Sprauge, WA or Barstow, CA
>>
>>26992017

Fuck no that's not enough. You guys are thinking gross pay is net pay , it's not.

Take away 35 to 40 percent of 36k a year and that's your real paycheck.
>>
>>26991673
> welding
> not being a great career choice.

Ofc roasties are this stupid. Congratulations on keeping the stereotype alive and well.
>>
>>26992017
Never dated anyone either. Just curious.
>>
>>26992045

And you would live paycheck to paycheck eating ramen noodles like a pauper.
>>
File: img.jpg (78 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
78 KB, 720x960
>>26992041
Another whore in the thread I see

>>26992048
Tell me friend, outside of rent, which in my area that's close to a big city, is $700/mo, what the fuck are you spending your cash on to say that the remaining ~$28,000 isn't enough?

Can you people not fucking budget at all?

Leisure per year would be around $1k-$2k TOPS. Gas won't pile up much if you have a hybrid, maybe $300/mo would come out for your insurance premiums, food is $200 a month, so you're left with...

$~21,000 a year

and $20,800 a year if you put $100/mo into an emergency fund

>>26992072
You're an imbecilic eunuch who is shit with money. Look up the factors of costs of living
>>
this is your real salary with 36k a year.

36,000 x .6 (for taxes) = 21,600

21,600/12 = 1800 a month.

1800-1000 for rent, and you got 800 dollars to for any car payments, gas and water, internet, cell phone, gas, food, clothes... anything.

you could do it, but it would be shit.
>>
>>26992119

28,000? you WISH dude, have you ever had a job?

see here >>26992123
>>
>>26992119

oh i see, you are retarded and think 36k salary means you keep every penny of that 36k without paying any taxes plus the forced health insurance, ok.
>>
>>26991742
Why don't u leave?
>>
>>26992123
>1000-1800 a month for rent

Like it was said earlier, you can find much cheaper apartments. You must live in LA or something

>car payments
>he didnt get a free car from his parents

WEW

>cell phone bill is next to nothing, like $15/month

>clothes

Why the fuck are you dropping dosh on clothes constantly? You should have a few good outfits per year which will be $200 tops

Food is $200/month like I said

Holy FUCK you people can't budget
>>
somebody who makes 58,000 a year takes home about 36,000 net pay.

ITT: neets who have never gotten a paycheck talking big.
>>
>>26992161

you forgot utilities, car insurance, cell phone bill, internet, lets say that takes away about 200 all together, being generous.

you wanna budget $600 to live off for 30 days (2 pay periods)? this is all you have for food and gas and whatever else short term needs like soap, toiletries and everything else.

ya $1000 monthly for studio apartments here. if it was 500 to 600 a month you could do it somewhat well but 36k ain't shit in many areas now because housing bubble keeps rising.
>>
>>26992161
>>26992119
You left out rent but other than that you're pretty spot on m8.

These people can into living frugal because they are normalfags who need to spend lots of money on booze, friends, and status objects so they feel being left with around $15k/yr is nothing because they blow through that like it isnt anything.

It's either that or these guys are really young and cant into money

>>26992168
It's kind of pissing me off desu.

I've met guys here who said one million dollars isnt a lot of money. Seems to be the worst of everything here, stupid stacey whores, bragfag Chads, malevolent pricks, and complete retards like ITT
>>
>>26992161

>food is $200 a month

lel maybe in the 80's you could feed a family of 4 off $200. good luck feeding yourself on $200 for 30 days, i mean it.
>>
>>26992196
I included cell phone bill, which is $15-$25/month clearly you aren't reading

Utilities and internet come with many apartment costs, still $700/mo with rent. Git gud at finding a decent place

>car insurance

Was included in >>26992119

Toiletries last over a month and food is a mere $200/mo like I said

It's plenty of fucking money

>>26992215
Are you mentally damaged? Dead serious.

>What are canned goods
>what is lentil soup
>what is pb&j
>what is soup
>what is $1 juice
>what are eggs
>what are $2 chicken breasts

Hell you could still throw in luxury food in that budget if those are your main sources.

I'm starting to think you're obtuse on purpose.
>>
>>26991673
Try welding aluminum or undersea welding faggot
>>
>>26992266

>$700 monthly rent

Maybe if you split a place with roommates, here not even senior apartments are that cheap.

You just magically conjured a list of groceries for prices that doesn't exist anymore. Wake up and smell the inflation this isn't the 90's anymore, gramps.
>>
>>26992266
>>26992303

and what are you gonna do, eat canned food, pb & j, eggs and frozen chicken breasts for years? i'd be surprised if you could live eating like that for even a few months before you get sick of it and get some take out at a decent place.

you're crazy, nobody can live like that and work. maybe if you were a low energy NEET you can live off a diet like that.
>>
and did you forget the mandatory health insurance everybody has to get now?

most health insurance plans are at least $200 a month, so goodbye $100 off your pay every check because of Obamacare forcing everybody to get a health plan or face high penalties.

you don't know what it's like to live in this economic climate, so what if you lived off $200 a month for food 2 decades ago you can't live like that now.
>>
>>26992345
>fruits and meat arent enough to sustain my superior richfag pallette

>>26992303
no, I live in AL an hour away from Atlanta. Rent is fucking $700/month for my studio apartment. Not everywhere is where you live dumbass.
>>
everything is more expensive. and you get squeezed out for your dollars everywhere. taxes, food, goods, everything.

only gas is cheap right now, and it used to be this price in the early 2000's.

you can't live off 36k unless you wanna eat canned vegetables, ramen and "$2 frozen chicken breasts" day after day without eating any take out.

good luck even lasting a couple months living like that and working a full time job.

do you think it's some kind of fluke that most people are not buying property, and aren't getting married? we simply can't afford it.
>>
>>26992380
>heath insurance

I added that to the costs already

You almost certainly CAN live off of $200/mo for food unless you're a fucking fatass. I just told you the common products that are found in every household. Those aren't the only things you can afford they are just expamples, way to warp what I said buddy
>>
If you're making 35k a year how are you paying 40% in taxes in America?

There's no way, especially if that's from one job and you're not a dependent.
>>
>>26992411
>eating any take out

Do you lift? Fast food is bad for you.
>>
>>26992396

>AL

even in Alabama, it's pretty high. Canned foods aren't "fruits and meats" unless you are talking about canned peaches.

so you just live off of canned food, cook your own meat and veggies every day, pack your lunch everyday and that's how you live without having the option to treat yourself to a decent meal at a restaurant somewhere.

see i don't live in Alabama, the cost of living is much higher here than where you are. and i don't want to live like that, i'd rather just work and live at home and be able to eat decently.
>>
>>26992439

fast food is bad, but sometimes you don't wanna cook after work and you are starving.

i don't lift i do cardio.

>>26992435

federal
state
social security

that's around 40% right there. and now you are forced to get health insurance and its usually a flat $200 every month, so $100 every check.

you get fucking destroyed in America now.
>>
there's no way anyone who is full time employed can live off canned foods, pbj and frozen $2 chicken breasts cooked by themselves and be able to sleep at night and perform a good job in the following morning.
>>
>>26992452
Richfag here. He's not wrong

Why do you feel the need to eat at restaurants constantly? I almost never do

>obligated to give tips to pad wages restaurant should be paying them
>guy might spit in your food

Sounds retarded to me

>>26992479
>sometimes you don't wanna cook after work

Sure if you're lazy and have no youth or energy in which case you should try lifting or cardio
>>
>>26992479

and you combine this with rising cost of living, rising rent due to housing bubble, etc. you can't live off 36k a year unless you wanna live like a pauper. and if you live like a pauper, you won't have the energy to perform well on the job.

not everybody lives in fucking Alabama, ok.
>>
>>26992513
As long as you get your macros, proteins, and carbs it doesnt matter that it comes from "lowly canned goods and "those shitty chicken breasts".

I work out and I eat precisely like that for my diet. Go read the /fit/ sticky.
>>
>>26992520

because cooking takes energy, and after a full day of work i usually don't have the energy or the will to cook, i am just ready to plop down somewhere and have my food cooked for me and eat it.

i am not eating pb&j for dinner.

if you are a richfag, then you don't work so you can cook your food and don't have to eat out.

hell you probably have a chef cook it for you, so you should probably shut up.
>>
>>26992546

i don't want to live like that. just because you can because you live in AL and the cost of living is lower there than where i am.

i would have to work 2 jobs to live somewhat comfortably in my area.
>>
>>26991673

gr8 b8 nigger

jhgcyk
>>
File: 1397758000309.jpg (80 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1397758000309.jpg
80 KB, 500x349
>>26991570

So it isn't a meme after all, women are truly vile whores.

How do you explain that I don't give a fuck about a woman's job when I'm dating, and no I'm not desperate, I just don't give a shit about someone's job, and I don't live or want to have someone that provide for all my needs.

If he can take care of himself why wouldn't you date him? Holy fucking shit I need to stop browsing this site. OP, fuck you I look forward to the day you'll look like garbage and men will judge you on your pathetic ugly wrinkled face so you know how it feels like to be disregarded.
>>
>>26992544
If they dont live in Alabama then they live in Texas or North Dakota or Iowa where housing costs are also low. Again, you're pretty stupid

>>26992572
>because cooking takes energy

So you ARE a lazy neckbeard. Tell me, how does tenderizing a chicken breast, putting it on the stove, lounging a bit while it sautes, and then getting up to season it and put it

>i am not eating pb&j for dinneR

No one said you have to. It was an example. Why a grown man cannot find reasonably priced foods instead of buying TV dinners and expensive shit with terrible portions is beyond me

>WAAAH COOKING IS HARD!
>Y-YOU JUST HAVE A CHEF DO IT

No i cook it myself because im not a lazy ass'

>>26992599
>2 jobs

Looks like you're pretty stupid then
>>
>>26992635

he can barely take care of himself. she is looking for a man who makes more money, this is the reality of life 36k a year doesn't cut it.

sure if both people made 36k a year you can pool funds and live well, but guess what women don't want to live like that, shocker. they'd rather just find a man that makes more money and date him instead than going after handsome welder that makes less than half of bob investor's salary.
>>
>>26992680
>barely take care of himself

People have explained why this isnt the case
>>
>>26992640

>i'm lazy

yeah ok says the richfag that doesn't work.

sure if i didn't have to work 9 to 5 i would have the energy to do whatever i wanted, not to mention that i would have the money to buy groceries and cook it myself.

now you're insulting me because i don't agree with your "just do it man!" pants on head retarded mentality, especially since you don't even work.
>>
>>26991673
>but its welding
How the fuck is welding a low life job you spoiled slut. You know literally nothing about the world and need to be hit by a bus ASAP.
>>
File: 1450857299080.jpg (42 KB, 559x510) Image search: [Google]
1450857299080.jpg
42 KB, 559x510
>>26992680
OP again. He makes $40k/yr and he does pretty well for himself. It's definitely enough for him to live on his own. I just am apprehensive about dating a blue collar worker.

I always imagined myself with a banker or doctor or sometihng
>>
>>26992680

That's the difference between men and women, I would chose beauty and love over money.

That's probably why I'm alone tho'.

I hope I earn big money one day, so I could not give a single cent to gold digging bitches.
>>
>>26992743
You live in a country where despite all the programmers, physicists, and engineers that build their cars, tablets, and smartphones the only professions that are given high status are"doctors and lawyers"
>>
Simple. Either don't go on the date with him or get the fuck over it.
>>
>>26992749
ok this is confirmed b8. If this is actually real you are a legitimate narcissist and do not deserve this guy.
>>
>>26992826
all women are dark triad
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.