[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working at retail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: retail.jpg (10 KB, 307x164) Image search: [Google]
retail.jpg
10 KB, 307x164
Male retail here. Getting paid above minimum wage.

What is the consensus of retail workers in general?

>Ever worked at retail? Where
>Do your parents work at retail?
>Who do you prefer: male or female workers?
>Are retail workers the trash of society?
>>
>>26989566
>>Are retail workers the trash of society?

retail here

yes
>>
>>26989566

We're barely above fast food workers, the homeless, and Eagles fans.
>>
>tfw too retarded to get retail jobs
>doomed to fast food
>23 years old

fuck
>>
No, but every time I go shopping, I pity them. They get paid a shitty wage, people complain about the most nonsensical shit and their bosses are people with small penises trying to make themselves feel important.
>>
File: CR06vm4W0AAOn35.png (267 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
CR06vm4W0AAOn35.png
267 KB, 600x337
>tfw work retail for minimum wage and enjoy my job
>>
>>26989566
Meat clerk at kroger here
I hate niggers
>>
>>26989786
Kroghetto ;)
>>
>>26989750
>and Eagles fans

That's not really fair, Eagles fans are probably between fast food workers and the homeless
>>
>working in department store where we sell fittings and fixings for tradesmen
>Hamplanet waddles in reaking
>I'd like this please
>hands me some furniture fitting covered in my worst nightmares
>barely holding back the tears due to the stench of the Hamplanet
>can I ask what it's come from ma'am?
>FELL OFF MY SOFA she squeals
>oh the pain
>ok what part of the sofa?
>I don't know what part but my slouches now
>maybe because you're a fat fuck you mink fuck fat bus
>well unless we have some sort of idea we cannot replace it
>she grumbles and waddles out the store saying what use is this and grumbles abuse

This is why I hate retail, you get walked over and treated like shit
>>
>>26989786

Very strange, exact same position here, except I like the black people who come in at mine
>>
>>26989778

Same here. I'm doing it at night to pay for college, and I really don't mind.

>Corporate puts up a sign in the breakroom saying "You, the store associate, have the most important job!"
>I cross out "most important" and write "lowest paid" above it when nobody else is around

It's the little things that keep me going.
>>
>>26989824

>Be male retail
>Start lifting weights
>Wear tight work clothes
>Look people into the eyes
>Nobody dares to insult me

You need to fix your image.
>>
File: 1456613324133.jpg (37 KB, 416x399) Image search: [Google]
1456613324133.jpg
37 KB, 416x399
As a male retailer I find the young women as the worst workers.

They are rude as fuck. They never apologize to the customer if they fuck up. They never smile or look into your eyes when they are the most key components for creating regular customers. They don't seem to get along with other female workers either. They come to me to talk about how awful someone is.

As a male, the management expect the men to be "conservative": politeness and tight knit clothing. What's even funny that the regular customers respect me and even compliment me. I haven't had negative customers. As a rookie I apologized for fuck ups and gave them free coffee coupons from the cafe just to keep them happy.
>>
I work retail, the fucking female manager asked me this morning if I want to come in at 4am to tip wagons/trucks just because I usually start at 5am and they're desperate.
I told the woman to get cucked, I'll stick to waking up at 4am and have no plans to be waking up at 3am, I told her you might not realise the difference is there, it might only seem like an hour but it's a huge fucking difference.
She said ok and I was like "damn right it's ok."
Ok that last bit never happened but I got the impression that because I am a wageslave, she thought I would just say yes to anything ya know, you have hold you grounds anons.
>>
>>26989845
I remember two guys a few years ago, a security guard and some lazy guy, they used to act like kids and go around drawing cocks everywhere. They would make cocks out of paper and stick them in random places like work schedules or in peoples pigeon holes, the best was when they drew a cock on some paper and put it in a box which held suggestions for the manager, I think some bigwig came in one time and noticed all the cock doodles.
The two guys never got in trouble and even the manager probably found it a little funny, there was a big meeting with everyone in the store and he basically told everyone to stop drawing penises. It was so cringe but I thought it was hella funny.
>>
>>26990075
>Things That Didn't Happen: The Post
o r i g i n a l
>>
I work retail at a department store.

>tfw nobody will swap shifts with me, so I'll have an absence on my record
This one asshole thought he could make me pick up his shift when he refused to swap that same shift with me earlier.

Fuck you, man. If you're going to ask something of me, you better be willing to do something in return.
>>
i did and i quit
>>
Thankfully not in retail anymore, but I worked at a seasonal Halloween store when I was much younger. It had all the annoyances of a real retail place (customers, unloading shit, etc.), but the absolute part was when we had to stand outside waving a sign to attract retards to come in. There is not much more humiliating and soul crushing than waving a sign on a busy street.
>>
>>26989566

Currently working at Sainsbury's

No

Neither. Both genders at work are complete normies so it makes no different.

No. They are working after all. The most pathetic maybe, but not the 'trash' of society.
>>
>be team lead at small retail store
>always understaffed so basically just an underpaid ASM
>know enough about the store's financials to know that I'm never getting a raise
I really want to kill myself some days and then I remember that I should probably just go work someplace else.
>>
>>26990576
>retail work
>even thinking of a raise regardless of finances (that isn't entirely marginal and thus worthless)

Kek, the only guys that get a decent wage or raises is the store manager.
>>
who pushing 30 and still in minimum wage retail?
>>
File: 1405055750862.jpg (35 KB, 396x383) Image search: [Google]
1405055750862.jpg
35 KB, 396x383
Yeah and it sucks

>do more work than most of my other normie colleagues
>do most of the overtime offered to help out my department
>manager still gives me under performing at my 6 month review because occasionally i might clock in a minute or two late and other trivial stuff that no one ever does

At least i can stop being a good goy now and just slack off as much as possible, considering i couldn't be valued less or rated worse.
>>
>>26990509

How to get a job at sainsburys? Been rejected from every supermarket I've applied for.
>>
>>26990622
Still in my early twenties but will probably still be here by that time (if i don't get fired of course)

It's depressing hearing about the guys at work who have been there 10-20 years. Some guy at my store retired the other month, which was even more depressing.

Imagine being in your late sixties and still working retail. I'll off myself before that point as it's not like my generation is going to get to retired away or it will be even later than that.
>>
>>26990654
Don't know what to tell you. I was on the dole for 3.5 years before i got hired here. I just applied and they called me in for an interview and i got the job.

You could just lie on your CV if you have no work experience, they aren't going to check. Just put down that you worked retail someplace else.
>>
File: 1394993790963.jpg (172 KB, 940x767) Image search: [Google]
1394993790963.jpg
172 KB, 940x767
>>26990643
I forgot that my 1-year review is coming up in a week. I keep worrying that with my luck I'll get fired for my "attitude" (which is just swearing under my breath and rolling my eyes after dealing with retarded customers over the phone), when I really shouldn't, because there's this one normie bastard who will always just walk out whenever he just doesn't want to work, and he's been working here for a lot longer than I have.
>>
>>26989566
Yes, for KMart.
No.
I don't care which. I liked being able to actually connect with male workers, but I enjoyed flirting with female workers and letting them orbit me if they were unattractive.
At a certain point, yes. If you're 25+ y/o working at retail you clearly have no employment value to make it passed the lowest job class. Most people by then are done college and doing internships, or already into their career field. I guess the exception would be 25+ who actually like working and want to do it as a side job or something.
>>
>>26990075
I just agree to those shitty propositions or last minute schedulings by no call/no showing. My workplace is so desperate for good workers (everyone else is either female, mongloid, or baby boomer) that they don't fire me because I just say I forgot. Everyone else at work hates me though, but I'm not really concerned with the opinion of complacent serial retail dregs
>>
>>26990622
>>26990683
I'm there for life anons, I just don't care, I made too many mistakes and this is the end of the road for me.
All I wanted was a qt gf and made tons of mistakes in life, playing too many video games and drinking too many beers.

The cool thing about retail though is there's always fresh 18 year old girls applying and you get to see new cuties all the time.
>>
I work in retail, but I'm one of the cunts sat in his ivory tower at head office working as a merchandiser.
>>
>>26989566
>tfw quitting my shift leader position in retail to work as a waiter
wish me luck fellow wagecucks
>>
>>26991739
>quitting a waged shift leader position for a job where your main form of income is TIPS

NIGGER WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING
>>
>>26989566
>>Ever worked at retail? Where

Overnight stock at a grocery store.

>>Do your parents work at retail?

My dad is a doctor, he's very disappointed

>>Who do you prefer: male or female workers?

No real preference

>>Are retail workers the trash of society?

Yes, we are.
>>
>>26989566
>Male
GODDAMN IT FEMANONS RUIN EVERYTHING.
>>
>>26989566
Yes. Radioshack
No they dont
Male . Females are bitchy and the drama was daily.
No, there are some people just trying to get experience, But a lot of retail workers have a shit tier attitude.
>>
Shift supervisor at a pharmacy front-end
They used to when they were a lot younger
Neither of them finished college so they don't care that I'm dead on the inside
Guys are lazier while on the job but girls call out more, so it's 50-50
It probably depends but the ones I work with are nice people who are either still in school or were dealt a shit hand in life and are trying to make the best of it. My boss is fairly strict when it comes to hiring people so I haven't had any particularly bad experiences with co-workers.
>>
File: 1421744267505.png (16 KB, 422x437) Image search: [Google]
1421744267505.png
16 KB, 422x437
Do not like these selling people who take the money. Anon needed more medicine for brain and selling people said no more pills for me. People said Anon was using for get a high. Stupid stupid stupid people do no know that Adderall smart speed medicine pills do not make a high. Only thing that comes is being smartest and fastest and biggest. Anon needs his pill medicine or else digging grave! Selling people so stupid stupid stupid. They are makers of many many many murders. Medicine not give a high they only make Anon head very very very good good good and fast fast fast. Doctor told to take all pills possible because more medicine kill more the ADHD germs. So need to take lots lots lots. Go fast fast fast. Type good posts for the /r9k/ site and make robots thinking. Many many many robots say posts are very very very good and need more more more. Need medicine pills for make me make very very very good posts for save lives and educate childs in urban. Told by man that post save life from himself ending. World very very cruel and Anon want to make fair again.
>>
Holy shit this meme stopped being funny real fast.
>>
>>26993311
Meant to
>>26993223
>>
>>26990162
If you think he made that up, you must have a pretty fucking sheltered boring life.
>>
File: 1456281696083.jpg (50 KB, 600x574) Image search: [Google]
1456281696083.jpg
50 KB, 600x574
>>26993223
I SURRENDER

THAT WASN'T EVEN ADDERALL IT WAS NEURONTIN
>>
Once in a boutique, currently in a liquor store
Nope
Honestly, both. Men are useful when moving heavy stocks, and women are talkative and good at slyly twisting words to have that sucker buy one more bottle of wine.
No, the overly entitled customers are. Retail is a legal respectable job, good luck finding a boss who isnt a scrooge petty asshole though.
>>
>>26989566

The way I see it, just in terms of which sucks less on a day-to-day basis

Other wagecuck jobs > retail > fast food.

Bonus points if you work as far away from the public as possible in retail like stocking shelves at night.

Fast food workers, especially the cashiers, are the trash of society unfortunately.
>>
>>26989728

This desu we are literally morlocks
>>
Worked at Sears for a month
My dad does as a salesman
Idc
No but merchant class is a pretty useless class that contributes to the downfall of society
>>
23 work at a clothing store with mostly women and I regret it

I'm the only male there who isn't gay or 40+ years old, half the people don't talk to me or say hi or smile, generally the unattractive ones say something

Only person that was enjoyable to talk to quit and she wants me to come work with her at a dealership like an orbiter because I'm good at selling credit cards to stupid people

>tfw the big titted girls are ugly or a loser like me
>>
>>26989566
I work as am independent sales contractor in a retail environment and I have to say I pity you bastards
>>
>>26989957

I've noticed all of this but it's from the older ladies who literally have worked retail for like twenty years, they are always needlessly rude and snappy at the customers, and act like it's this fucking chore to serve them, which obviously it is but don't act like it you old battleaxes
>>
>>26990622

26 here, probably will kill myself soon if I can't get out of dead end retail, trying to get fit enough to join the police or even security, wish I'd done a fucking trade instead of a useless humanities degree
>>
File: 1433723086681.png (354 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1433723086681.png
354 KB, 512x384
>>26993379
>a person on /r9k/, a board specifically for socially retarded lonely spaghetti fuckers telling his source of income to fuck off
Yeah, dude. We totally believe that happen.
>>
>>26992900
You make way more than minimum wage working as a waiter. Waiter's like to complain about "muh low salary" but it's all bullshit so they can just make more money. As a waiter you pull in lots of money, especially if you're working at a restaurant in a downtown scene.
>>
>>26993737
>he thinks you're manager can force you to do unscheduled work
Once the work schedule comes out they aren't going to change it. Any extra work you're asked to do after a work schedule comes out is of your own free will.
>>
File: hmmm.png (198 KB, 496x357) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
198 KB, 496x357
>>26994097
>>he thinks you're manager can force you to do unscheduled work
>>force
>the fucking female manager asked me this morning if I want to come in at 4am
>asked
>>
>>26994550
meant for this original retard >>26994133
>>
>>26989566
I've never worked retail but it seems to me like half of you are brain dead lazy zombies who can't even be bothered to point me in the general direction of something I want, while the other half are helpful hard working high school students who know that retail jobs aren't supposed to be something you live off of or make a career from.
>>
>>26994601
>implying we're going to think of you any different than any other of the millions of drooling retards we have to deal with on a daily basis
>>
>>26992900
i make only 8 an hour and have alot of work to do for this thankless, shit job. i just want to get out of fucking fast food and the servers at the place where i got hired make 150-200 on an average saturday night
>>
Man I am so glad I am not nor ever will be in retail

feels good being paid $20 an hour while posting on 4chan all day
>>
>>26994866
>le im a rich CEO and i just come here to laugh at you guiss meme
>>
>tfw you earn around 60k a year stocking shelves with some limited responsibilities
>tfw job too good to drop, and you're a coward, so you'll never take a chance and go to college in fear of never getting a job this comfy again if you fail

At least everyone loves me at work and i live in a town without minorities.
>>
>>26994897
>tfw you earn around 60k a year stocking shelves
is this a joke? I know lawyers that make less
>>
>>26994896
>rich ceo making $20 an hour

lol no, $20 an hour is around $40k a year, I am barely middle class, but I have a lot of free time at work so I spend it on 4chan or streaming netflix.
>>
>>26994601
Maybe you should use a brain cell and read the signs to find what you're looking for.
>>
>>26994940
They probably work for Costco, shit like that starts around $15/hr
>>
>>26994940
I don't live in the US though, and working retail isn't as "easy" as over there. You need to be as courteous as a waiter and be efficient, when we stock shelves the tempo is very high. It's still unskilled work i guess, but since we're paid pretty well the managers also expect a lot from us.
Also i work two weekends a week. Our weekend pay is ridiculous.
>>
>>26994951
>barely middle class
kek. You have thousands of free dollars after paying rent youre upper middle class at least
>>
>>26989566

I worked retail off an on for over 10 years. It's soul crushing, rage inducing work, and dealing with childish elderly people made me want to burn the place to the ground.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.