[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aye neetfam why dont you make music with all of that free ti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: 1452208413166.jpg (832 KB, 1290x911) Image search: [Google]
1452208413166.jpg
832 KB, 1290x911
Aye neetfam why dont you make music with all of that free time? Its alot more productive than playing video games and watching anime all day. Plus music is subjective so you can't really fail at it. I started 4 months ago without ever touching an instrument or a girl
https://soundcloud.com/annedrank/neetgod
>>
>>26988005
WHY DOES THIS IMAGE BOTHER ME SO MUCH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
yey peace~ peace~
what's a good daw for this in linux?
>>
>>26988005
sounds good desu, but how do I start i.e. software, sound clips
>>
>>26988079
Ardour? I said with a posed look
>>
>>26988005
PSSST...BRAAAAP
>>
>>26988130
Can you elaborate on this. I have trouble understanding
>>
File: 1452908072645.jpg (89 KB, 724x1023) Image search: [Google]
1452908072645.jpg
89 KB, 724x1023
>>26988130
I use a pirated FL with nexus and sylenth plugins if thats what you're asking
>>
File: top_snake.png (271 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
top_snake.png
271 KB, 960x540
Bumping this thread with my setup:
FL torrent
MSI laptop
Typing keyboard to piano keyboard
>>
>>26988130
figure it out you autistic faggot millennial stop needing your hand held through everything
>>
>>26988005
feeling uncomfortable listening to music made by someone from r9k

i dont know why
>>
File: 1406321702143.png (119 KB, 684x576) Image search: [Google]
1406321702143.png
119 KB, 684x576
That's what I was doing but now my fingers are all blistered and it feels like I'm pushing a nail through my finger whenever I try to play. These past few days I was like pumping out two songs a day and they were getting much better and I didn't want to scrap them like usual. That energy's gonna be all gone now.
>>
>>26989308
BLAHBLAHBLAH
HOTHEAD

Yeah no feel free to ask questions I'll try to answer all of them before I fall asleep
>>
I have been wanting to make my own music, kinda inspired by stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIutWZqoK-4

Though I wouldn't know what software to use that would come close to the sound of the Moog.
>>
Ayy

I'm using a couple of your tracks for a mixtape I'm working on right now.

Hope you don't mind.
>>
logic pro masterrace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IJfbsN7fpU
>>
>spent 3 hours messing with synth and still can't get the sound I want
>wrote 4 bars and already it sounds shit
>can't write a ditty, let alone anything experimental
there goes another life long creative dream crushed. I think I have writing a novel and drawing left
>>
>>26988005

Are you affiliated with the friendly neighborhood hacker known as neetmob?
Im with the authorities and we'd like to take your time to discuss some questionable pepes.
>>
I like music and I want to make it but there is just a little problem.
I don't understand music.
I have no clue how to make something that doesn't sound like a random mess of noises.
>>
>>26990485
Do you have the basics of musics figured out? (chords, scales, melodies, etc.) That was my problem when I first started dicking around with FL Studio, trying to run a marathon before I even learned to crawl.
>>
>>26992624

There's a science and formulas to it senpai. Easy to learn & challenging to master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZr5k1_9Dds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZI6Zh_RF7s

The second video has a whole series, more than a dozen videos, explaining everything from the name of the notes to meldoy writing and technical/production aspects like mixing

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbg71h_P2VCU8D_aDM45yuzFkV6hq4b6O
>>
>>26988005
you need more practice lol

i guess this isn't too bad if its your first song
>>
>>26988033
because you want to fuck a doll anon
>>
>>26992740
Thanks man, I'll give that a watch, it seems really interesting.
>>
Well, I dont make music, but I do rap some shit

https://soundcloud.com/aviairy
>>
>>26988005
>tfw no midi controller
>>
That's what I have been doing actually op, although I'm semi neet

https://soundcloud.com/tmasa/soundcloud1
>>
File: 1453682534213.png (26 KB, 594x631) Image search: [Google]
1453682534213.png
26 KB, 594x631
>>26988005

> started 4 months ago
> already better than me that started since the RPG2k era because I needed music for my sick RPG maker game

AHghh aghaghhhhhh REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26988005
yeah man, that's how you get through this shit life. I've made a release about elliot and people actually praised it.
>>
>>26992976
sure thing, and if you have a smartphone/table there's a bunch of free apps to help your learn & practice all that as well. It's pretty trippy once you reach the level of being able to visualize a song in your mind while listening to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 140x140) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 140x140
NEET here

I make music too senpai.

https://soundcloud.com/hentomusic/rise-ft-dikaiko

>plz no bully
>add me and I'll add you
>>
>>26993943

>hento
Same person who makes those skyrim rape videos
>>
i've tried before
makes absolutely no sense to me, trying to learn things is so unbearably frustrating , all i can think about is suicide
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 540x540
>>26993994

It's a lot of stuff to get familiar with

Wish I had an instructor to learn Ableton with; usually the tutorials are something like:
>so do this
>click click
>then press the oscillator button
>click click
>types something
>now hit play
>WUBWUBWUB
>now pitch drop it and reverb it
>click
>and you're done bro good job, like and subscribe
>never explains what any of this shit is
>>
>>26994072
yeah i watched a bunch of autistic fucks like that and i feel like i learned nothing

it's not fun at all so i never continued
i jusr want to know what its like to feel like you're learning something
i'm a beginner at literally everything i've ever tried to do, even things i've done for years
i'm just defective i need to fucking kill myself asap
>>
>>26994262

it's like that for a while; it takes a few years unless you're uber talented, then once you get decent, you realize you won't get hardly any listens unless you're with a group or just god tier
>>
>>26988005
>Aye neetfam why dont you make music with all of that free time?

because its fucking pointless and boring?
>>
File: 21832789534.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
21832789534.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>26989299
snake sucks for real
why the fuck do you make a mentally ill 14 year old an omnipotent god?
that's just bad story telling
>>
File: image.png (98 KB, 355x356) Image search: [Google]
image.png
98 KB, 355x356
>>26993943
Really dank tunes tbqhf; these are definitive examples of what makes a bumping electronic track. Op's first track lacked progression a smooth transitions which would never flow in the EDM scene.
>>
i downloaded fl studio and tried my hand at for about 16 hours

i don't have any musical creation sense and even after that admittedly short amount of time i still couldn't string a tune together

i've been enjoying sfm though

nice song op
>>
>>26990485
>>spent 3 hours messing with synth and still can't get the sound I want
That's what I end up doing every time I open Ableton to try to write an electronic track.
I could probably write some kind of shitty dance club crap, but that wouldn't feel rewarding.
>>
>>26993536
>pretty trippy once you reach the level of being able to visualize a song in your mind

Well, the reason I really want to get into it is because sometimes you hear a fraction of a song that just sounds 'right', a moment in a song that blows the rest out of the water and I want to grasp that and make a song that takes a moment like that to the extreme.

I find it kinda hard to describe though due to my inexperience when it comes to music but thanks a lot for the support.
>>
tfw i finally manage to make a song and basically figured out how to make music but i didnt remeber much of the process and basically forgot how i made it

tfw when i dont know how to create music anymore
>>
>>26993943
dude that really impressive how long have u been making music?
>>
I've posted in these kinds of threads before, but I'm looking for some feedback if anyone has time to listen.

This is a small EP I put together over the past year. It's not great, but any tips on what I can do better next time are very much appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/funkalunk/sets/the-comfy-ep
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.