[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you cope with uni?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: anxiety-2.jpg (117 KB, 500x232) Image search: [Google]
anxiety-2.jpg
117 KB, 500x232
Im in my 2nd year at uni, i have a 20min individual presentation today and i've pretty much got nothing fucking done. i cant stop shaking and just want to go back to bed is uni impossible for robots?
>>
>>26987605
>i have a 20min individual presentation today
I hate this. Presentations and participation grades. THIS IS NOT FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL ANYMORE FUCK OFF.
>>
>>26987605
anxiety meds?
if you want something light, you could get some propranolol. sometimes musicians will take it for stage fright
>>
Yeah I don't know. Anxiety won over me and I'm practically a drop out at this point.
>>
>>26987674

I've always been too scared to see a doctor.. i know uni is actually killing me its destroying my energy and my happiness.

I stop bothering to shave for months at a time.. i stop caring about eating sometimes going days without food and then when my parents ask about uni i just feel too ashamed to tell them how stressing and horrible it is, because my older siblings both passed with First degrees. One of my assignments was marked a 33 and i've not told anyone i think the 2nd year is going to be the end for me.
>>
File: andy.jpg (133 KB, 615x818) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133 KB, 615x818
>>26987605
meditation helps calm my racing ever thinking brain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8oKWQiEWYs
>>
>>26987605
>>26987639
Same boat. I'm in second year aswell and all those presentations and group projects stress me out so much that at the end of the year, my attendance is basically zero.
>>
>>26987770
>>26987709
>>26987709
>>26987693
>>26987674
>>26987639
>>26987605
surprise anyone and suddenly be extroverted as fuck

i know this is easier said then done
>>
File: 93285385.png (111 KB, 417x234) Image search: [Google]
93285385.png
111 KB, 417x234
>>26987605
>20 whole minutes
Holy shit your just kidding right? Someone please tell me these aren't real

I can't even hold my cool for 3 minutes, I'm fucked if I have to do 20 minutes straight
>>
I think medication might be able to help me, but I'm scared of being forever changed or fucked up from it. Is that a legitimate fear?
>>
>>26987824
its more or less 15-20 minuites... with the synopsis i wrote.. and speaking kind of slowly.. im just shy of 10 minuites.. but finding padding and the energy t add a further 5 minuites.. and then make a presentation..

and then theres the fact i have to walk into the class.. stand up there all alone and fumble about with my presentation slides and looking at a piece of paper i know the levels of awkward im going to look and all it makes me want to do is drop out.
>>
Does it count for your grade? Ours didn't usually so I pretended I was ill.
>>
>>26987855
its 20% of my overal grade and in order to not fail a module i need atleast 30-39% if you get under 30% the entire module is a instant fail.
>>
>>26987709
order them online. the one i mentioned is not examined as closely as something like xanax. most prescription meds are not controlled that strictly unless they are things like painkillers
>>
>>26987824
Had a course where everyone had to present a topic of their own choice for an entire hour.
Insta-noped the fuck out of there.
>>
>>26987605
I understand you anon. I have a 15 minutes presentation about some kind of official document due this Thursday and I can't stop myself from thinking what I will do when the time comes.
The last presentation I tried to do was a total mess. I was shaking like a raped kid and everybody asked me questions which I could not even hear. Then everybody mocked me.
>>
>>26987605
you're such a little faggot cunt, go back to tumblr. Presentations are easy as piss if you're not some self diagnosed retard and you actually practice it.
>>
>>26987991
Easy if you dont have a crippling fear of standing infront of other people and talking about something you feel confident about sure.
>>
>>26987883
How would one go about doing that?
>>
>>26988852
jesus. just go see a doctor/nurse practitioner, tell them you get the shakes, sweating everywhere, your heart pounds, and stomach drops. say it is affecting your quality of life and day to day interactions. if they don't offer you propranolol and xanax on the spot, then ask for it, if still no, then doctor shop.

u don't want to order fake/impure meds online from some indian pharmacy place. do it legit.
>>
Well.. i got it to 13 minuites of talking... maybe if i stutter and have to correct my sentences a lot i can stretch it to 15minuites. going to go put together 4 or 5 slides with some pictures and quotes and prepare for a 12 minuites of life that will haunt my dreams for eternity wish me luck robots ill be back here later drinking myself into oblivion.
>>
>Have a decent time freshman year
>Live in stoner dorm, everyone's friendly
>Easy to get weed and get high nearly as often as I like
>Grades are p. Decent parents off my back keeping scholarship on lock
>Even managed to get laid a few times
>Sophomore year, put in honors housing
>Nofunallowed
>All friends but one drift away and become busy with their own lives
>Remaining one isn't a very good influence, but he's always there for me
>Smoke at his place all the time, make some new friends by proxy
>Start trying a lot of different drugs
>Molly is tight, get slightly addicted to xanax
>Even try some heroin on a real depressed couple of times
>Grades are on point, made Deans list and shit
>Make a boatload selling molly during Mardi Gras
>Blow it all on coke, whatever, lesson learned
>Meanwhile friend develops heroin problem
>Gets so bad he has to get pulled out of school
>Suddenly completely isolated
>Can't smoke anymore except in public
>Old friends want nothing to do with me, know I'm a user
>Throw myself into work since that's supposed to be the objective here anyways
>Grades are at an all time low despite constant work
>Unhappy and frustrated constantly
>No outlet, put off bad vibes by scowling all the time
>Grades keep getting worse
>Hardly even use drugs anymore
>So much pent up hatred now
>Haven't had sex in over a year now
>Nothing to look forward to, nothing but contempt for college now
>Genuine love of subjects has been thoroughly beat down by workload
>The one silver lining was the opportunity to study abroad in Japan on college's dime
>Failing a freshman core class, abroad dreams quickly drifting out of reach
>no hope
>no friends
>no gf
>>
Today: go for a run and exercise, it will reduce anxiety a little. Tomorrow, go see a doctor, tell him social anxiety is starting to fuck up your life.
>>
>>26987605
I made sure I got good enough grades where I could skip the presentations and still pass
>>
>>26988852
yea man, just see a doctor like the other anon said.

I wen't to the doctor and literally said i've just been having anxiety and been really on edge and depressed etc. She prescribed me xanax and SSRI on the spot
>>
Presentations are easy IF YOU ACTUALLY PREPARE FOR THEM AND DONT PROCRASTINATE. Most everybody there is also nervous about presenting
>>
>>26989697
What country are you from? I'm in the US and want to do this but not sure if it's more strict over here
>>
>>26989857
i'm from the the US, east coast.

it could possibly because my doctor likes me and somewhat cares about me since she knew my sister. I think its worth a try though. just don't ask for any drugs. Just tell the truth. you are feeling really anxious all the time, depressed and all that.
>>
I dunno, presentations aren't hard, they're piss easy as long as you are certain that you know everything about your subject.
My preparation is generally limited to studying the subject for as long as I need to.

What is proper difficult though is socializing one on one.
>>
>>26989975
one on one is where I shine best. With a large group my mind just goes blank
>>
Just got back. everyone else also did my source.. and basicaly i've failed my only hope is that the peer assessed part gave me generous marks and helps pull the synopsis out of a fail.. cause i basically missed everything and didnt hit the core aims of what i was supose to be doing.. pretty much contemplating dropping out of uni now its becoming clear that everyone else in my class is smart and im dumb as fuck and got here by luck.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.