[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive been reading about bpd and reactive attachment disorder (rad).
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 471x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 471x312
Ive been reading about bpd and reactive attachment disorder (rad). Think of rad as what a childs version of bpd before becoming adults to be ultimately diagnosed with bpd.

As serious a condition it is, i admire the level of confidence these people have. ive read that your self confidence makes you highly attractive to other people.

Tell me what is it like to have that level of confidence and where does it come from?
>>
BPD people struggle in relationships. My friend has it and it sort of seems a bit likd bipolar, at times I just can't be around him.
>>
>>26985738
I understand, in true r9k fashion, you have great difficulty in answering the question asked and instead write up a post that is related to hw topic yet so far off the mark.
>>
Respond i know there are borderlines here
>>
I honestly have no clue where the self confidence part comes in because I'm really insecure deep down and I have no clue if i'm actually good at anything I do.

If I play any sort of game I'll immediately call myself the best and I'll just play the game with this sort of confidence that doesn't let me stop. Also Pride is sort of an important factor where I don't really want perform badly at anything and if I do it usually results in a really huge self deprecating mood. Luckily I'm actually the best at a lot of video games where I come from so I don't have to deal with my pride very often
>>
>>26986586
No i mean social self-confidence. Where do you get it!?
>>
I should also mention that I feel out of touch with reality and find myself wishing for a lot of cool things to happen in my life.
Turns out that cool things are not guaranteed in life so I think I've learned how to control that disappointment in what life is really like
I was raised as like a golden child and I was spoiled as fuck so it really didn't help my cause.

People always have to remind me that I'm an asshole and I still refuse that fact, I'm not an asshole
>>
>>26986622
dude I have no idea LOL it just sort of comes out
I swear to god I'm somewhere on the autism spectrum but apparently I'm not autistic enough
>>
special snowflake disorder tbqh
>>
>>26986677
i would get upset with what you said but it's totally true
>>
>>26986647
Do you find yourself always having lots of motivational energy most of the days? Maybe not manic but when tou want to get something done you get it done, example, learning a new language
>>
>>26986722
Even if it's a long-term project
>>
>>26986722
Yeah I actually always have this motivational voice in my head that has a billion ideas but it does not help that I'm a lazy fuck who enjoys doing nothing during his free time
>>
>>26985683
Been diagnosed with BPD and I don't really see the part about other admiring me for my self confidence.

One thing I noticed is that I'm usually surrounded by shy and grounded people so they naturally want to be lead. By no means do I consider myself a leader but since my ego fluctuates a bit more because of the disorder I tend to be a bit more voiced
>>
>>26986741
Were you ever diagnosed by a professional?
>>
>>26986758
Yeah but it could just be a misdiagnosis, it happens quite often with BPD.

I could just have a massive ego and not realize it
>>
>>26986753
But youre very good at making people like you right?
>>
>>26986815
I'm the other guy, I didn't mention this but people really seem to like me now that I'm older, when I was younger and stupid there were a lot of people that hated me for good reasons
>>
>>26986622
I'm extremely insecure and timid, it's a front

Also my self esteem goes up and down with my mood.
>>
>>26986890
>timid
Okay suppose you so create a front, how do you do it so well?
>>
>>26986815
In the short term, yes. In the long term, absolutely not. People almost always start to dislike me for some pretty valid reasons, I'm very slimy and unstable, you never know what one of my many forms you're going to get at any given time. By slimy I mean I will find something to pick you apart on and probably say unsavory things about you behind your back, rest easy knowing I don't hate anyone as much as I hate myself.

and I don't know, it comes naturally.
>>
>>26986815
Kinda yea but not always. I'd say it's because I'm trying to be everyones friend but in reality I'm just trying to invade them like a virus so I can get whatever I want from them.

In reality this is mostly all humanity
>>
>>26987309
Hows your motivation?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.