[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
want to know how make up your own price in a kohls department
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 2tag example 1.jpg (146 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
2tag example 1.jpg
146 KB, 768x1024
want to know how make up your own price in a kohls department store its a simple trick that can save you money on the cheap clothing, home goods and some other decent brands.

you will start with the tag most merchandise will have the barcode and these 7 numbers above it(circled in green). The numbers mean what department, sub class and brand

note: you should write this stuff in the dressing room the farthest stall from and mirror or camera. do not do this in any big ticket items like electronics, fragrances and you cannot do this to watches and jewelry behind the counter
>>
File: 2tag example 2.jpg (145 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
2tag example 2.jpg
145 KB, 768x1024
now you cross out the middle two numbers. then write 3 zeros like in the picture above. what you have done is take out a sub class and added a prompt with the 3 zeros to put in a price manually.
>>
File: 2tag example 3.jpg (145 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
2tag example 3.jpg
145 KB, 768x1024
now you ad a vertical line so the barcode is not useable. this is just done so it is not scan able and the register notices
>>
File: 2tag example 4.jpg (152 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
2tag example 4.jpg
152 KB, 768x1024
then you write a price. now the original price is usually in the front. now you take off 60, 70, 80 ,90 percent off that.

those numbers are not to arouse suspicion. they are the usual clearance/markdown numbers they usu on a regular basis
>>
File: 2tag example 5.jpg (157 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
2tag example 5.jpg
157 KB, 768x1024
now you just write "as is". again to not arouse suspicion,

you should only do this once or twice per visit you usually can return the item for in store credit but be smart and do this with caution.

any questions
>>
this should work with most products but caution is wise this process is usually done to damaged, really old merchandise, and some web exclusive stuff being sold in store
>>
Any other stores like JC Penny, Target, Sears, ect?
>>
>>26985681

most likely not. i work in a kohls so i know of this first hand. i do stuff like this all the time. both for work and for borderline stealing. hell i sometime write the numbers out in a blank box and a price i made up
>>
>>26985503
how do you return it if you already messed with the tag?
>>
>>26985793
you can not. but what you can do is rip off the tag throw away the receipt and see what you get withought it. sometimes nike and levis stuff you get a decent price since most coupon don't work on those but with other merchandise you wont get much. but this will only be in in store credit.
>>
>>26985681
As a Target employee I can tell you it won't
They will not sell anything that doesn't have a working (scanable) bar code without a manager preset and to sign off for it.

I'll admit 'm rather impressed with my Target's no shit attitude with scamming and the like. One time I overheard the District Manager talking to my boss saying
>It's bullshit anymore. You had retards in the 90's going "just give them what they want, don't cost a customer don't cost a sale!" Fuck that noise, that customer will hurt us more being a regular than never coming back and leaving us a bad review.
>>
i dont like to bump my own stuff often but here it goes
>>
>>26985681
I work at JCpenny. The people who run my store are really bitch made and try to cater to all their customers. Literally all you have to do is get a price gun that says prints a little pink sticker(that says "reduced to" or "X amount percent off" with whatever price you want, and we would have to ring it up for that price.
>>
cool. Kohls is pretty shitty though, I got a pikachu shirt from there once for like $3
>>
>>26986550
yes but this should work with most merchandise so you got any adidas Nike or levis you like this method can work. usually the levis and Nike apparel have two barcodes.
>>
>>26985982
Target is so shitty. It's just a slightly better Wal-Mart. Target and Best Buy are both in that area.
>>
>>26986621
I like the $1-3 section at the front of target. And the food court is ok. I agree though it's just a walmart with less black people usually
>>
>>26986621
half the time its just a slightly cleaner walmart. at least things are more organized homegoods can be decent
>>
>>26986490
JCpenny guy again. We're also not allowed to challenge what the customer says it should be. If I ring up a shirt for $20 and you tell me that a sign said it was 5.99 or 80% off were supposed to just give it to you.

I also don't know it is in bigger cities but my small town store also doesn't have LP (loss prevention) and no one watching dressing rooms. So if u want to steal all you need to do is take what you want into a fitting room and put it in a bag or purse or whatever. If it doesn't have a big ass theft detector (which is pretty much only on guys jeans and anything over $30)on it it's basically yours. We have the same people come into the store all the time and steal shit and our managers don't / can't do shit about it unless you catch them in the act.
>>
File: 1390287970239.jpg (34 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
1390287970239.jpg
34 KB, 620x620
I used to work at Kohl's.

Fuck that place. Wanna know what really scares the management? Threaten to leave them a very bad review on the survey attached to your receipt. Corporate rates individual stores based on those stupid surveys, and manager shake when they hear about potentially bad ones. Much easier than risking a prosecution based on shit like what OP is doing.

This one literal nigger got anything he wanted whenever he came in because he told us he'd leave a bad review. It's absolutely pathetic, and that, combined with the "we'll take your pissed-on comforter back no questions" policy made me lose plenty of respect for the corporation.

Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>26986691
in kohls its a similar story. we have a yes we can policy. but it truly depends on whose working their at that time. albeit i would be wary since most kohls have an LP (loss prevention) but they are not that great. they are ususally only there in peak hours so early in the morning or late at night youre god. but they do have a loss prevention
>>
>>26986713
yeah its funny too, i kind of like it but that no hassle return policy pisses me off. some bitch bought 3 of those knock off hover boards and returned all of them and got her 1000 dollars back used to shit and tore up.
>>
>>26986732
I hope your manager fires you. I also work at kohls and I will be on the lookout now and reporting this to my managers, faggot.
>>
If you add a vertical line your cashier will know you've done something because we don't do that to our items whose prices were resetting.
>>
i was at Target yesterday....cashier couldn't find the barcode...asked how much my items were (2decorative vases) i said like 2.99 she just wrong them up at a dollar each....that was p cool.

obviously she didn't give a shit about her job, who would?

i shoplift too much from there as it is
>>
How can I do this online?

I don't want to go outside
>>
>>26985681
Staples employee here, most stores will give you a price you claim if you say you saw it on clearance "in the back". All of our clearance prices are either ending in 0 cents or 5 cents.

Honestly though, you can just steal everything you want. Only stores in huge cities have cameras, all others are just Sensormatics
>>
nigga, if you can't afford kohls then you've got some issues.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.