[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been seein a lot of jokes about events such as 9/11, columbine,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Been seein a lot of jokes about events such as 9/11, columbine, etc, and I've been really pissed of lately. Do people actually take joy and pride in the murder of hundreds of innocent people? Can someone please explain to me how these jokes are comical in the slightest cause frankly im not following.
>>
>>26983579
It's all about da edge
>>
shock humor can be very funny

it can also be worrying and tryhard

here, it is always the second
>>
any tragedy becomes funny after 22.3 years

columbine and 9/11 are almost there
>>
Jokes about death put our own mortality into context and make the inevitability of deaths cruel embrace easier to deal with.

I don't think columbine and 9/11 victims mind too much considering they're dead.
>>
I think deep down everyone knows how horrible that shit actually is but, when you see enough of it you grow desensitized and can start making jokes (while still actually having empathy for the situation)

Personally I don't make jokes about that stuff but, sometimes I can come across something in relation to tragedy that makes me grin or laugh
>>
I used to really enjoy "dark" humor in my late teens and early 20s, but I've become bored by it lately. It's mostly the same shit over and over. I don't get assmangled over it like you though OP.
>>
For some people, mixing tragedy with humour makes it more bereable and it takes out some of the seriousness.
For other people it's just edge.
>>
>>26983579
It being funny is just a meme. It's not really funny, but not because it may be offensive to somebody. It's just not funny in general, like an attempt at a joke and nobody laughs. It could be funny if it was something besides "just plane wrong," but nobody's willing to put in the effort.
>>
File: 1457071946523.jpg (103 KB, 772x578) Image search: [Google]
1457071946523.jpg
103 KB, 772x578
>>26983626
>the United States changed for the worse almost 15 years ago
>>
because its pretty funny not gonna lie
>>
File: mlp.png (745 KB, 635x875) Image search: [Google]
mlp.png
745 KB, 635x875
>>26983579
If you're gonna be this much of a faggot go to /mlp/
>>
Nowadays there's an ironic spin on it. It's the same people who think edgy is a standalone punchline.

Used to be all shock value humour though, the event was usually the punchline rather than a recurring in-your-face feature of the joke as it is now. Was funny for real rather than ironically feigning it.
>>
I'm not sure why jokes about tragic events or dark topics would bother you, honestly. Their intent is almost never to imply that such events are genuinely good things.
Sometimes they imply that the person telling the joke believes that, but in those cases I feel that the joke is more at the expense of people who actually feel that way.

Although, I do remember that I used to get pretty angry at the concept of shows like 1000 Ways to Die, because they seemed genuinely mean-spirited. That show was about making fun of people who died in stupid ways.
The joke seems to be very much at the expense of the actual victim of the tragic event(s) in that case. I mean to be fair some of them probably only had themselves to blame, but it still seems cruel.
>>
Not everyone is a dipshit with a bleeding heart.
>>
Comedy is about pushing the boundaries.

That's the only reason it's funny, because of reactions like yours.
>>
>normalfags
>innocent
>>
File: 50.jpg (22 KB, 362x500) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
22 KB, 362x500
>>26983579

Tragedy is the highest form of comedy
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.