[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ontario plans to experiment with giving people unconditional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
Ontario plans to experiment with giving people unconditional free money (universal basic income)

Holy shit, any more info on this? Us depressed Ontario NEETs can get money without going through the neetbux hassle. Get in here Ontario fags. When is this starting?
>>
Nothing is free, you'll pay one way or another.
>>
>>26979736

>Depending on how much I can get, I might quit my job!

See how big of a problem this might be? This is such a terrible idea.
>>
>>26979832
I can't wait to live on less than minimum wage!

Said no one ever.
>>
>>26979832
You can't really live on a basic income if you want to keep your house, car and everything else normies own.

NEETs on the other hand just need a crappy apartment, food and an internet connection.
>>
>>26979832
>Ontario Liberal gov't
>Making wise decisions

These are necessarily mutually exclusive you know.
>>
>>26979832
>>26979864
A universal government provided basic income is the future of civilization and progress. We might be decades or even centuries away, but it's an inevitability.
>>
It's not going to be just handed out like molly at a raid, it will most likely follow the same requirements that OSAP does, meaning it will be given out yearly and only when you've been enrolled in that year for at least 13 weeks and can show documented proof of enrollment a la academic transcript.

And of course, taxes in Ontario will skyrocket to be able to afford all of this.
>>
>>26979873
this

don't you people understand

I'm not a normie who needs to go on vacations and shit all the time

just give me an anti-suicide check
>>
File: 0226161716-1.jpg (531 KB, 2105x2376) Image search: [Google]
0226161716-1.jpg
531 KB, 2105x2376
> gets 500 free n33tbux a month.
> pays 750 in taxes a month.
>>
>>26979957
>paying taxes

originality tttt
>>
At least your Prime Minister is incredibly cute
>>
>>26979957
You kind of need a job to pay taxes, bruh.
>>
>>26979736
dude weed lmao

original weed
>>
File: 1457305617290.jpg (178 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457305617290.jpg
178 KB, 800x600
haha haven't you neets looked into this

>only first nations people will get this

its like canadians version of reparations to nigs
>>
>>26979864
i think the basic income is meant to supplement your existing income, so you worry less about bills and live a better life
>>
>>26979832
>people want to quit jobs
>businesses find automation and inefficiencies
>wages go up as businesses need employees for essential jobs
>more people want jobs
>>
makes me kek desu wew lad
>>
A basic income guarantee would probably replace existing free benefits with money to pay for the same shit so it wouldn't make much of a difference
>>
Ontario NEETcuck here and this gave me a massive boner. Thank you Trudeau-sama
>>
So can I just move to Ontario from murrica and get free bucks?
>>
>>26980442
We have enough immigrants
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
Does this mean Canada is now the enclave for the Beta uprising?
>>
>>26980112
For real? Fucking Trudeau, goddamn I hate him so much.
>>
>>26980514
so that's a yes then? right on.
>>
>>26979832
unless you're a wage slaver and make your money by paying people less than their value, there is no problem

its not a big problem, not a terrible idea

opposite in fact
>>
>>26979832
What? No.

People with jobs would keep the jobs to compliment their income, save up, and keep it for retirement or whatever. Do you even know fiscally responsible people? Are you ignorant of the concept of investment?
>>
File: 0009 - JkVN6dq.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
0009 - JkVN6dq.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
rents are crazy high in montreal
so i live at my mom's
i pay her 200$/mo, but i have no income
she said if i go on neetbucks 800$/mo she says she'll increase my rent to 600$/mo

like fuck you bitch.
>>
>>26981418

If I can keep my job AND get this free money on top of my usual wage, then yes, I'd keep it.

If it's the opposite though, It's a terrible idea seeing as people would willingly leave the workforce because they could get money without working.
>>
I like the idea of basic income.

I rather the govt give money to the people than to corporations.

if you give it to people they can afford better living standards, and the money will go back to corporations anyways.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.